N I N E

┌─────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ───────┐

I love you,

because you listened to me,

even though you were clueless.

└─────── °∘∘♡∘∘° ───────┘

.

.

.

It was like no other day, Oikawa offered to walk you home again. No matter how many times you had protested and told him that it was fine, you could walk home alone. He never listened, claiming that it was super-duper dangerous for a girl like you, and those evil men could appear anywhere these days.

In the end, you gave in. Because he was too cute to resist. Oh God, were you becoming into one of his fangirls? It hadn't even been a few months and you already got your heart captured like a baseball by the catcher, Oikawa Tooru.

Then, your mind drifted off to the memory that occurred a few days ago. The moment you remembered what you said to Oikawa, a volcano erupted on your face. All of a sudden, you wished you weren't that confident and wished you could take back your words even though it was too late.

In the middle of your journey back home, you decided to ask him about it. Hesitantly, you raised your hand and tugged the hem of his shirt. Surprised, Oikawa turned back to look at you, head tilted sideways showing that he was bewildered. Though he had to admit, that was a rather cute action you did to gain his attention.

"So uh... Oikawa," You started, making a curious smile crawl up his lips as he waited patiently for your next words, "Is there a reason why you look so tired these days? Oh, and I also rarely see you now... Is something wrong? If you feel comfortable, you can always tell me what's wrong. I don't mind listening."

The slightest feeling of warmth embraced the heart of Oikawa, but he brushed it off as the heat. "There's a volleyball competition coming up soon. Our coach is telling us to train harder, so sometimes we train during break times. And... Of course, I would be tired! Who wouldn't be tired of balls?!" He sighed exasperatedly, fingers massaging the temple of his nose to ease the stress that was slowly getting to him. It could be clearly seen from the veins popping out his neck.