reaching you || oikawa tooru...

By Kitsuniie

"One day. I'll reach you." Oikawa gazed lovingly at the girl and made a silent promise to himself. Never once... More

W E L C O M E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
E N D

S I X

3.4K 107 16
By Kitsuniie

┌─────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ───────┐

I love you,

because we are meant to be.

└─────── °∘∘♡∘∘° ───────┘

.

.

.

"At the end of the story, Edward Cullen lived happily ever after with his banana slug." Oikawa clicked the mouse, and the PowerPoint turned dark, signalling that the presentation was finally over. Now it was time for you to say the final words.

"The moral of the story is that, sometimes, unexpected things will happen in our lives. But sometimes, even the most unexpected things, can be the best things that have ever happened in our lives!" You concluded the story, smiling a satisfied smile towards the audience, which were your classmates.

It was silent at first, but then applause erupted from your classmates. They clapped so loud that you were sure that the people pooping in the restrooms could even hear it. Nonetheless, you were still happy. Finally, it was finished, and you could throw your body onto your bed to watch the next season of Twilight.

"Thank you!"

After a few more presentations from your classmates, the bell finally rang. It was time to eat lunch! Mitsuri excitedly hopped her way to your desk, congratulating you. "The story was so funny, I had tears in my eyes, but they're now dried. Look!" She showed you the dry tear marks on her cheeks due to laughter.

"Thank you, Mitsuri. You did very well too. Oh and, Obanai and you are quite the match..." You raised your eyebrow twice with a little smirk. She immediately flushed red, but then came up with a comeback when she noticed a familiar brunet approaching the two of you. "W-Well! You and Oikawa are cute as well, hmm?"

Instantly, you pinched the back of her shoulder, causing her to wince in pain. "I'll talk to you later, Mitsuri. Bye-bye!" You spoke your words at a fast pace and pushed her out of the classroom before she could speak another word.

"Good job, Y/N-chan!" Oikawa stood beside you and gave you a gentle pat on your back, flashing a charming bright smile.

You shook your head in disapproval, "No, if anything, I should be the one thanking you, Oikawa. You did the entire PowerPoint on your own. Honestly, it was the first time I had such a cooperative partner." You paused, beaming at him, "I'm glad to have a partner like you. Thank you!"

Red dusted itself on his cheeks, showing a rare flustered Oikawa that no one saw before. Taking a deep breath and clenching his fists, he knew that he was probably as red as a tomato, and he hoped you didn't notice it. But you already knew and thought it was adorable that even the confident boy could have such a soft fluffy side to him.

Meanwhile, Oikawa didn't know why. There was something deep in his heart beginning to awaken. He didn't know what it was. He didn't have a single idea.

It felt like he was on cloud nine.

────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ──────

"Shittykawa, it's time to wake up from your daydreams!" Iwaizumi's loud booming voice from the other side of the court caused Oikawa to stumble and hit his head on the wall. He whined like a child, "Iwa-chaaaaan! What's up with you shouting at me early in the morning!? Now thanks to you, I've hurt my head!"

The rest of Oikawa's teammates turned their heads towards their annoyed captain. Ahem, that was currently throwing a tantrum. Of course, it was like no other day. They had already gotten used to it.

"Makki, where are the earmuffs?" Matsukawa tapped the shoulder of his friend. It was too early to deal with this shit. He wanted to smack some balls and then run away back to his classroom and sleep in the covers again. The weather was so chilly, so cold, it was perfect for hot chocolate in front of fireplaces.

Hanamaki shrugged, "I guess we just have to deal with his whining for now." With that, he returned to training his spikes. Matsukawa let out an inaudible sigh before following Hanakami. But then, their ears were perked up and lent at the moment they heard what Iwaizumi said. "Are you thinking about that girl again, Shittykawa? You really are a lovesick fool now."

A

LOVESICK

FooL?!

.

.

.

nANI thE fUCk-

Looking at each other, Hanamaki and Matsukawa let out the loudest, most dramatic gasp ever. In an instant, they were already beside Oikawa, arms slung around their captain's shoulder with the widest grin. Finally, some good fucking tea. They thought.

"IWA-CHAN, THERE WAS NO NEED TO SAY THAT!" Oikawa panicked, the tips of his ears burning as red as fire. No, he wasn't a lovesick fool at all! Why did Iwaizumi even say that? And how did he even know that he was thinking about you? WHY WAS OIKAWA EVEN THINKING ABOUT YOU DURING PRACTICE? It made no sense.

"Ooh la la~ Who is this girl you're thinking about, Oikawa? Is she pretty? Is she hot? Is she in your class?" The duo showered the captain with numerous questions. Oikawa was about to lose his mind, right there, at that exact moment. He felt conflicted. Confused. Frustrated. All three emotions at the same time.

Gulping down the lump of nervousness stuck in his throat, Oikawa finally spoke up, "She's... Just a classmate, guys! Nothing more! Gosh, you all really like to overreact these days, haha!" He let out a fake laugh that sounded super real, but it didn't go unnoticed by his close friend, Iwaizumi.

"Yeah yeah, don't lie about that, Shittykawa. You don't even treat your fangirls like that. It's so obvious that even a blind man can tell," His best friend crossed his arms, finding it rather interesting how his friend acted when the girl was brought up in their topic. Because now, Oikawa was too stunned to even explain himself.

His head was coming up with all sorts of explanations, but all of them were stupid. Because, at the end of the day, he still had no idea why he was acting like this.

Noticing how weird Oikawa was acting, the three finally came up with a conclusion. It was surely 100% accurate. If it was wrong, then they would eat their own shit. That was how sure they were.

"Oikawa... I expected more from you. I've never thought that you'd be this hopeless... Your father is disappointed in you, son."

"Ah?"

"Ah? WHAT AH? GO MAKE A MOVE ALREADY, YOU DUMBASS!"

────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ──────

That was how he found himself chasing after you. Footsteps never halting to take a breath. He was panting, so harshly, but it didn't matter. He wanted to reach you, but you were just so far away, and he was sure he wasn't able to be there in time.

Should he? No, he shouldn't. That would be embarrassing! His reputation would be gone!

But you were so close, he was so close to reaching out to you...

It was time to do this. He couldn't stop thinking about it all day. It had to be done now. Or else it would be too late. Oikawa was a man who lived without regrets, and everything must go his way. So, why? Why was he hesitating at such a simple task? Why-

Fuck it.

"Y/N...!" 

He called out your name.

────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ──────

REACHING YOU.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 9.5K 59
Orm Kornnaphat's feelings for Lingling Sirilak have undergone a transformation over time. Initially, at the age of 11, Orm held an unromantic, platon...
19.5K 574 30
Summary: Set during the last alliance Epic adventure and love story (Elrond and Original Character) against the backdrop of the Last Alliance. Actio...
445K 14.6K 55
𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘥. © 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙞 𝙁𝙪𝙧𝙪𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚
801K 31.8K 39
where sugawara tries to convince a cute, stubborn cheer captain to show up at his next volleyball tournament by walking her home every night after pr...