𝙇𝙖𝙘𝙪𝙣𝙖

By N1ya3h

la·cu·na /ləˈk(y)o͞onə/ noun 1. an unfilled space or interval; a gap. Evi Jenson moved to Seattle from France... More

0
Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ Oɴᴇ {1.1}
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴛᴡᴏ {2.1}
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
2.10
2.11
2.12
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.22
2.23
2.24
2.25
2.26 & 2.27
Season 3 {3.01}
3.02
3.03
3.04
3.05
3.06
3.07
3.08
3.09
3.11
3.12
3.13
3.14
3.15
3.16

3.10

562 15 0
By N1ya3h

"Maybe she'll be on "look but don't touch" patrol too. At least I'll have some company." Izzie says.

All the interns; minus Cristina were in the locker room.

"Whatever she gets I hope its bad. Really bad." Alex says.

"She made a mistake, we all make..." Meredith says.

"A mistake? She was going to let Burke, Burke with the shaky hand operate on my father." George cuts her off.

Christina walks in. "Could you stop looking at me like that? It's creepy, and makes you look like you haven't been fed."

Everyone leaves except Meredith, Evi and Christina.

"So how's it going?" Evi asks.

"How's what going?" Cristina asks.

"You and Burke? Are you okay?" Evi clarifies.

"We're existing in total silence." Cristina says.

"He's not speaking to you?" Meredith asks.

"Well I'm not speaking to him either."

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"Stop asking okay?"

"Making an effort here."

"Well don't."

"Rounds started 30 seconds ago. The chief may be confused about punishment for you but I'm not. You late again, you will find yourself another resident." Bailey reprimands the three of them.

•.•

"Hi mom." George says once they enter his father's room.

"Honey...oh. I put out some breakfast in case you kids were hungry." Mrs. O'Malley says.

"Score!" Alex says reaching for some food.

"Karev." Bailey says before he could touch it.

"Hey, ready for the big day pops?" Ron asks.

"Food!" Jerry says. They lunge for the food.

"Alright lets make this fast people. I have a day. Which one of the interns is mine?" Hahn asks entering the room.

"It's mine. He's family and she's a candy striper." Alex says.

Evi furrows her brows. "What about me?" Evi asks confused.

"I'm ready." Izzie says.

"What if you did pick me. What if you picked me?" George asks.

"OHH Pick me!" Ron and Jerry chant.

"Guys, this is serious." George says.

"Yang." Bailey decides.

"What?" They all chorus.

"Dr. Hahn, Christina is very good with cardio. I'm sure you could use her for the day. What are you waiting for Yang, present the case." Bailey says.

"Harold O'Malley, sixty three, diagnosed with oesophagial cancer and severe aortic regurge. Is scheduled for aortic valve replacement this afternoon." Cristina presents.

•.•

"Dude that case was mine and she gives it to yang. I haven't had a cardiac case in ages." Alex complains as the remaining interns follow Bailey.

"It's not a case it's my father." George says.

"So there's a double standard. Yang does something wrong, and she gets rewarded. That's fair." Izzie adds.

"If you three thumb suckers don't stop whining I swear I will not show you what's behind this door. And trust me. You want to see what's behind this door." Bailey says turning around.

They enter the room.

"Excuse me doctors, you're going to have to wait a few minutes." Pete says.

"He's go to pee! Every five minutes he's got to pee!" Jake exclaims.

"I have always had a small bladder. Oh I can't live like this any longer." Pete says.

"You? I'm the one who has to put up with your whining!" Jake argues back.

"Like the whining you're doing right now? If you don't move it's going to go all over your leg."

"So? what else is new?"

"So who thinks Yang got the better case?" Bailey asks looking at the interns faces. "That's what I thought."

•.•

"Jake and Pete Weitzman. 35 year old adult pygopagus conjoined twins. Attatched at the lumbar sacral junction." Bailey presents.

"But not for long, right Dr. Webber?" Jake asks.

"The Weitzman brothers came in about 6 months ago for a separation procedure. They opted out because of the risk." Webber says.

"Pete chickened out." Jake clarifies.

"Well forgive me for wanting to live longer, even if it meant living with you." Pete retorts.

"Yeah, well you wasted 6 months of our lives thank you very much."

"You guys came back at the right time. We just scored New York's top plastic surgeon." Alex says.

"Mark Sloan, plastics. And you remember Dr. Shepherd, your neurosurgeon." Webber introduces.

"We used to work together, as a team actually." Mark says.

"We worked together. We were never actually a team." Derek tells.

"Mr. Weitzman?" George asks.

"Call me Jake." Jake says.

"Call me Pete." Pete says.

"Jake, Pete... do you mind me asking why now when you thought the procedure was too risky 6 months ago?" George asks carefully.

Elena enters the room. "Guys? Woah, that's a lot of doctors. I'm going to come back..."

"No Elena, come in. You want to know why now? This is why. The love of my life Elena." Jake says.

"Jake... I told him not to do this for me, cause that's just crazy. Pete said they could end up paralyzed? They could end up dead?" Elena says worried.

"Why do you tell her things like that?" Jake asks Pete.

"I wasn't telling her, I was telling you. She just happens to be the only one who listens to me." Pete retorts.

"She happens to be right." Derek says.

"Do you know what it's like to be stuck to the same person..." Jake begins.

"Here we go..."

"Yes here we go...to be stuck to the same person every minute of every day? To not have anything that's just yours? To never be on your own? Well no one should have to live like that."

"What do you think Pete?" Evi asks.

"I think why would I want to be attached to someone who doesn't want to be attached to me."

•.•

"I'm calling it. It's mine." Alex says.

"I have two brothers. I feel their pain." George says.

"I would be great at watching this." Izzie says.

"I would be great doing this." Evi puts in.

"Quiet, all of you." Bailey interjects.

"We're all on the case right?" Alex asks.

"Right."

"Yes!"

"Stevens you are to-" Bailey begins.

"Look and not speak or touch or breathe. I got it." Izzie says.

"So this is the crack team?" Mark asks.

"Feel free to take one." Bailey says.

"I think I'll take the one who doesn't speak or touch or breathe." Mark says.

"Damn it." Alex and Evi chorus.

•.•

"22 surgeons. It takes 22 surgeons to do this." Evi says excited.

Derek is working on a model of the twins. "Where are we?" Webber asks.

"I'm to the clauda equina." Derek says.

"I'll be working on the musculature of the perineal floor." Bailey says.

"I'll be harvesting the sural nerve for transfer." Mark continues.

"Once in resect this artery, we're going to have less than two minutes before all sensation to these nerves is gone." Derek tells the doctors.

"I'm pretty sure we're going to have enough nerve to transfer and cover the defacits. We can do this." Mark says.

Derek breaks something inside the model. "Damn it. It's going to be a lot more fragile in the body. It's one thing if this is a life and death situation where this is all we can do to save them. But these people are fine. This isn't worth the risk." He throws down his tools and leaves.

•.•

"I thought you were Sloan's right hand." Alex tells Izzie.

"Yeah well Sloan can kiss my-"

"Ow!" Pete exclaims.

"I haven't even put the needle in yet." Evi says confused.

"Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of pain."

"Well you're about to have a fairly extensive and painful operation." Izzie says.

"You think that this is an elective procedure? That we're just coming in here cause we get on each others nerves? You want to know the real reason?" Jake says.

"Come on Jake, she doesn't want..." Pete tries to stop him.

"It's because we have rules." Jake says.

"Rules?" Alex asks.

"Yeah. Say one of us is on a dinner date. According to the rules, the other is just supposed to sit there quietly, eat his falafel and shut up." Jake says.

"I try. But the way you talk to her sometimes-" Pete says.

"Is none of your business." Jake says.

"How is it none of my business?"

"He stands up for me. I think that's kind of nice." Elena says. Evi nods.

"Okay, you, don't talk to him any more." Jake says.

"What? Now we can't even be friends?" Elena asks.

"We have other rules too. Like for when we're with someone." Jake says.

"Got it." Alex says. "Sort of."

"No looking. No talking. No touching!" Jake says.

"It was an accident!" Pete defends.

"Oh this is going to end badly." Izzie says. Evi nods in agreement.

"I told you, I'm completely fine with it." Elena says.

"How are you okay with him touching you while your naked?" Jake asks.

"Cause it was no big deal. It was kind of sweet and...it just wasnt a big deal."

"You liked it. You enjoyed it."

"I'm completely in love with you that's not even...you're a great guy and ...when we make love it's great. It's really great. And I've never had that before. It's just that...when you fall asleep..Pete and i...we just talk. And I really love that too."

"No you have to choose."

"What?"

"Him or me." Jake says. "We're going to have this surgery, and you can't have us both. So choose. Him or me. This is the part where you're supposed to say "you Jake, I choose you.""

"I'm so sorry Jake. I'm so sorry." Elena says.

"Elena!" Jake exclaims. Jake turns over and tackles Pete.

•.•

"I think it's romantic. Two brothers fighting over the same woman." Izzie says.

"You know what's freaky though? Conjoined twins having sex in front of the other one. How do you do that?" Alex asks.

"Family is complicated." Meredith says.

"I agree." Evi says.

"You're still here. You haven't been kicked out of the program yet." Alex says once he sees Cristina,

"Alex." Meredith scolds.

"No not yet. I'm still here." Cristina retorts.

"How'd you do it? I mean did you have some sort of secret signal in surgery so that the nurses wouldn't know?" Alex says.

"Alex!" Evi exclaims.

"What? I'm just wondering how to get ahead around here. Me, I fetch coffee for Sloan. Yang she gets surgeries none of us would get." Alex says.

"Got a head count on how many patients you two have lied to in the past month?" George says.

"George!" Evi says frustratedly.

"Leave her alone. Her patients lived so she gets to scrub in." Izzie says.

"Izzie!" Meredith says before Evi got the chance.

"Meredith, Evi.... could you stop defending me?" Cristina says.

•.•

"Dr. Bailey, I'd like my intern to observe from a better vantage point." Mark says while in the OR.

"Dr. Stevens?" Bailey asks.

"Yes, she is my intern today. And I'd like her nearby not up in the gallery if that's okay with you." Mark says.

"No problem." Bailey says.

"Dr. Bailey, Stevens is without privileges." Webber says.

"Oh cause she messed up? Yang messed up and she's over in OR two right now." Bailey says. She goes to the intercom. "Hit that for me will you?"

"Stevens, I take it you remember how to scrub in? Come on." Bailey speaks to Izzie.

"This vessel's even more fragile than in the biomodel." Derek says.

"Let's do a microvascular bypass graft. I can harvest the saphenous vein while I'm down there." Mark says.

"I don't know. I don't know if that's a good idea." Derek says.

"Gentlemen we need to make a decision, and we need to make it now. Derek, it's your call. Do you or don't you want to proceed?" Webber says.

"Alright, give me a 10-blade." Derek says.

"Let's get some suction in here please. Thank you." Webber says.

•.•

"The saphenous vein in place?" Derek asks.

"Yeah I'm ready." Mark says.

"Bailey?"

"I'm good." Bailey answers.

"Chief?"

"I'm ready when you are." Webber says.

"Alright. Moment of truth. Removing the clamps." Derek says.

"Dr. Bailey, check the nerve stimulator." Derek says.

"SAP's are falling." Bailey says.

"Alright, pump up the blood pressure. We need as much blood through the area as possible." Derek says.

"I'm going up to 2 milliamps. Up to 3."

"I see something. A flicker on the hamstring of twin A. Pump it up." Webber says.

"Up to 4." Bailey says.

"I've got a twitch. A twitch in twin B's gastric." Derek says.

"It's small but it's there." Webber says.

"We have a signal."

"Congratulations ladies and gentlemen, we have 4 functioning legs." Derek says.

Everyone claps.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, on three. One. Two Three.." Webber says. The two tables holding Pete and Jake are separated.

Everyone moves in and begin to work on the now separated twins.

"It'd be nice if every love triangle could be fixed with a scalpel." Derek says.

"If so you'd have stabbed me with a 10-blade a long time ago." Mark says.

•.•

"I can't take this any more." Evi says.

"What?" Izzie says.

"Let her off the hook. Let Christina off the freakin' hook." Meredith says.

"Guys..." Cristina says.

"Izzie, you cut the LVAD wire. She stuck by you and did the echo." Meredith says.

"You cheated on Izzie with syph nurse, and she helped you study for your boards." Evi says to Alex.

"And George when everyone was calling you 007..." Meredith says.

"She was calling me 007." George says.

"Just let her off the freaking hook." Evi says to them.

"It's okay." Alex says.

"Sorry." Izzie says.

They leave. "Why can't you mind your own businesses? What is your problem?" Cristina asks the two.

"You're my sister. You're my family. You're all I've got." Meredith says.

"Everyone makes mistakes." Evi says.

"I'm so tired." Cristina says.

"I know me too."

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 41.3K 70
𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 | grey's anatomy 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 when their love hurts so good because it's complicated. 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐱 - �...
2.1K 174 5
𝙶𝚁𝙴𝚈'𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙼𝚈 𝙵𝙰𝙽𝙵𝙸𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴 '𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙲𝙸𝚃 𝙰𝙵𝙵𝙰𝙸𝚁𝚂' 𝙳𝚄𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚈 𝙸𝙽 𝚆𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙷 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱�...
367K 9.9K 46
❝ now all our memories , they're haunted. ❞ ↠ in which she fell first but he fell harder. ↠ season one thr...
1.4M 36.1K 98
❝I'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.❞ She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...