Never be the same

By amonetstars

Zoe (18) and Sarah (18) are two teenage girls that have been friends since 1st grade. Now they are grown and... More

Note to reader: Do what you love!
Chapter one: New beginnings
Chapter two: "Who were you talking with?"
Chapter three: The betrayal
Chapter four: The past never leaves
Chapter five: Trust issues
Chapter six: The "accident"
Chapter seven: The unwanted "friend"
Chapter eight: Shocking news
Chapter nine: Stranger
Chapter ten: The decisive evening
Chapter eleven: Good news
Chapter twelve: Mysterious guy
Chapter thirteen: Losing a friend or a lover?!
Chapter fourteen: Where's Rachel?
Chapter fifteen: Hope
Chapter seventeen: The end
Note to the reader: Thank you!

Chapter sixteen: Lies or truth?!

3 1 0
By amonetstars

It's 9 am on Thursday. The school is filled with student's chatters. Bella and Omar are standing right in front of the lockers when all of a sudden a couple of cops enter the school and approach them. Everyone's gaze immediately turns to them while Bella tries playing the dumb and going away but one of the policemen stops her.

"We need you too, young lady. Don't go anywhere!"

His voice is deeper than the expected which makes Bella freeze in her place. She turns back to them trying to keep herself cool but everyone there could see her nervousness. Omar doesn't even move an inch, his coldness is good known for every student in this school but this time it makes him look suspicious... like he knows why exactly the police wants to talk to them.

"What's the matter, sir?"

He asks with a straight voice, looking right into their eyes while Bella is gripping his arm like a kid trying to hide from the strangers.

"You two have to come to the station for an interrogation."

"What for?"

"About Rachel Barker! Shall we go?"

Bella turns her head to Omar to see his reaction but he doesn't take his eyes away from the cops. He looks like he has something in mind, like he was expecting this to happen.

As everyone is staring at them, they leave the school shutting the happy chatters down, now only the silence is left. Zak who is talking to his friends gets curious about the situation and goes to his twin Leo while fixing his hair as always.

"Do you think that they have something to do with Rachel?"

"I don't know. They hate each other, don't you remember? Apparently, there is an evidence that leads to them otherwise the cops wouldn't take them."

"No, no, no, no. They wouldn't make it this far, would they?"

"I have no idea, Zak. Why don't you ask your precious girlfriend about some details so you could gossip with your friends, huh?"

"You're such an idiot, you know that?! Anyways, I'm going to class and stop mentioning her!"

As Zak turns back and heads to the classroom, Leo follows him. He feels bad about how did he leave Sarah. Even though his brother says that he doesn't want to talk about her, Leo knows that he is dying to know what she is doing right now or where she is or anything about her.

"She misses you, Zak! Why are you being such an asshole?! You should go talk to her instead you're here with your dumbass friends."

"It's none of your business!"

"Stop pretending that you don't care. You're my brother, I see that you miss her too. Just go, dude!"

A little smile forms to Zak's face when he hears what his brother said. He decides to listen to Leo for once and walks by Leo patting his arm in form of thanking him and goes to Sarah's in hope that she's there and ready to talk.

Arriving at the police station Bella starts looking even more nervous and worried. Looks like she and Omar have no idea why are they there. One of the policemen makes a gesture with his hand as they go in and a woman in a uniform comes to them.

"Hello, guys! I'm Officer Janet. Do you know why did we take you here?"

"No, why?"

Bella's voice is like little child's, shy, quiet and shaking. Omar finally looks at her with frustration because of her sudden answer.

"Bella, can you calm the fuck down, we haven't done anything why are you so stressed?!"

"Well, our friend is lost and you're telling me to calm down?!"

"Don't forget that you're pregnant after all. You have responsibility of this child so please do your job."

"Calm down, you two. I'm going to ask you some questions about that night and about your friend. I want to start with you, Omar. If you don't mind."

"Yeah, okay. It's totally fine."

"Bella, you can wait outside my office there are benches you can sit on, I'll be with you later."

As Omar and Janet go in Bella sits on the chair that's in front of Janet's office. Tears fill her eyes and the fear in her keeps getting bigger.

"So, do you want to start telling everything or should I ask you?"

"What are you talking about, Officer?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!"

"No, I don't."

"Do you want to take a look at this? You must have an explanation."

Janet points at the computer's screen with a raised eyebrow. She suspects that Omar knows something but doesn't tell him anything until he admits.

"What is it?"

He stands up and goes behind the desk to look at the screen.

"So?!"

"Yeah, that's me... so what about it?"

She shows him the recordings from the camera that Rachel is seen as well.

"Where were you going?"

"Why do you care?! Aren't you looking for Rachel?!"

"Exactly! That's why you have to tell me everything you know."

"I was... I was going to meet with a friend."

"With a friend, huh?"

"Yes."

"What friend?"

"Doesn't matter."

"I'm not playing with you boy, you better answer my questions!"

"Or what? Is that a threat?! A police officer is threatening me is that right?!"

"I am just asking you to answer my questions. The answers you're giving me are going to lead you to a way more bad situation so if you don't want this to happen just be honest!"

"Okay and I'm telling you that I was going to meet a friend. That's all."

"Who is that friend Omar? I need a name!"

"... it was Conor, Sarah's ex boyfriend."

"Okay okay, here we go. You see that there's nothing to worry about right?! So tell me what was the reason for your meating?"

"I can't tell you that."

"Why? Are you hiding something?"

"Look Officer, we have nothing to do with Rachel, neither does Conor. He even barely knew her so why don't you just let us go?"

"Okay, if you say so. But don't forget that we'll be investigating this! You can leave now, please tell Bella that she can come in."

Janet definitely won't let whoever did this to Rachel to get away with it. The look at Omar's face made her suspect him even more.

"She's waiting for you. I'm going home."

"Won't you wait for me!?"

Not saying anything he leaves her there. Her heart breaks even more and now her fear is getting bigger and bigger. She stares at him until he leaves and goes in the office.

"You can sit here, Bella."

"Thanks!"

"Do you have an idea why did I called you?"

"No."

"You are seen on the camera that Rachel and Omar are too."

"Yes, and?"

"Were you going to meet with them?"

"With who?"

"With Rachel and Omar."

"No, I was going after Omar."

"Why?"

"Because... we fought and I didn't want to let him go and do things."

"Things like what?"

"I don't know, I was just scared."

"But you two live too away from there, why did he go exactly to that place."

"I have no idea, I just wanted to talk to him."

"Did you know that Rachel was there too? Did you saw her?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Why would I lie about this, Mrs. Officer?!"

"Perhaps to cover up someone, I couldn't know."

"Rachel is my friend, I would never do that."

"Okay, Bella, okay. Thanks for answering my questions. You can go now."

Leaving the room, she has a heavy feeling under herself. She leans to the door for support. As Janet sees her like that she goes and takes her to a chair. She gives her a bottle of water and wait until she feels better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 110 10
A young adult thriller series that keeps you wanting more! A young girl named Aaliyah just wanting to just figure her life out, runs into many obstac...
6.9K 780 40
[completed] "What's wrong? What's wrong is that no matter how hard you try and convince me that I'm what you want, I can't believe you. I see the way...
637 27 28
He has a sketchy past. She's kinda sketchy now. They're both head strong and stubborn. They both have a trunkful of drama and secrets. So which one...
2.2M 58.5K 33
"No one will ever love you." •••••• Imagine stepping into Aubrey Simpson's shoes. You're living a depressing, abusive life and then discover everyth...