CONTENDER ✔

By Kinza244

Finding his first love in his office, Taehyung felt quite happy despite his financial problems. Little did he... More

1: Meeting her
2: Teenager crush
3: Avoiding the curse
4: Keep it up
5: Whipped
6: Helper
7: Happy
8: Mr. Jeon
9: Not so bad
10: Jerk!
11: Ache
12: Getting ready
13: A try
14: Worse
15: Worst
16: New boss
17: Lashing out
18: Break
19: Second time
20: Stressing over
21: Duality
22: Dead end
23: Robber
24: Failed
25: Home?
26: Homeless
27: His need
28: Masked
29: Temporary home
30: Trust
31: Misunderstanding?
32: Not alone
33: Special warmth
34: Free of an accusation
36: Hurt or hate?
37: Culprit
38: Blind
39: Hate?
40: Talk
41: His Peace
42: Open up
43: Longing
44: Someone special
45: Reasons
46: Unexpected
47: Not again
48: Heartbroken
49: Once again
50: Contender
51: Love or Loved
52: Afraid
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: 1
Bonus Chapter: 2

35: Strong to weak

7.1K 469 127
By Kinza244

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

It's been a few days since a burden was off of his shoulder and soul, but still.. he wasn't feeling all good. In the past few days, he was desperately waiting for a call from his mother but it never happened. Even when he tried to call her, her phone always came out as busy, making him sure that she was definitely ignoring him, still hating him.

"You ok hyung?" Kai asked him, placing a tray of wet glasses in front of him on the counter. Taehyung smiled lightly and nodded.

Kai smiled back, eyes holding a feeling of dreaming.

"What are you looking at?" Taehyung frowned when he noticed the soft stare directed at himself. Kai quickly blinked his eyes and straightened himself with an awkward cough getting caught.

"Ah- um, well... I was just.. oh we have customers now." Taehyung was left dumbfounded as the younger quickly marched to his spot, ears red.

"What's wrong with him?" He muttered to himself and shrugged, ready to clean the glasses because definitely, the customers started to enter the place.

A tap interrupted him and he looked up to see a familiar face, a soft smile on the lips.

"Yoongi Hyung!"

"Good evening to you too." Yoongi chuckled and leaned over the counter before taking the stool.

Taehyung was smiling so widely, he was truly happy to see this angel after so long.

"What a surprise!" Yoongi nodded and gestured to a table.

"I've someone with me as well." Taehyung made an 'o' with his lips.

"That's great. So, how are you? Your job? Ah- what do you want? Do you already met with Jin hyung?"

"Calm down boy! I just came here and met you first. Also, I'm planning to stay for the night today as Jin was bombarding my phone for weeks to do so." Yoongi calmly answered the brunet who nodded excitedly, a wave of happiness hit him witnessing the beaming boy for the first time and it was beyond satisfactory. 

"That's great! Let me tell Jiniee hyung-"

"Hey hey stop!" Yoongi chuckled again at the excitement of the younger.

"Just grab some soft drinks and come with me. I want you to meet my new f- friend." Taehyung cocked his brow at that, not skipping to notice the red ears of the silver-haired.

"Why your ears are turning red? First Kai and now you too." Taehyung mumbled the last words to himself but Yoongi rolled his eyes before rubbing his red ears.

"It's cold! Come on, just grab some drinks quickly before it gets rushy."

Taehyung nodded finally, poured some drinks for the two, and followed the other who led him to the table where a boy was already sitting, his back showing to him.

"Here. Meet him, the Kim Taehyung I know." Yoongi said and Taehyung set the drinks before looking up with a confused expression at the words of the older, but he gasped likewise the third person.

"Taehyung?"

"Mr. P- Park," Taehyung mumbled, totally surprised, and the same goes for Jimin but he had a smile on his plump lips. In the next second, Taehyung was engulfed in a tight but warm embrace.

"Gosh! I'm so sorry Taehyung! I left the company earlier that night and that all happened to you. I tried to search for you but couldn't find anything." Jimin blabbered out, voice a bit muffled over Taehyung's shoulder, the latter still had a confused look.

Jimin parted away when he felt that Taehyung was kind of stiff under his touch. "I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable." He apologized, and within seconds, his beaming smile turned upside down.

"No no. I- I'm just- um surprised." Taehyung quickly broke his trance when he saw the other's sad expressions, having a wrong thought about his actions.

Yoongi, who was silently watching the two, finally took a chair and gestured for the two to sit as well.

"Hyung and you, friends? I- I just-"

"Well, let me explain it to you. So, we were talking about the same Taehyung all the time." Yoongi shook his head to which Jimin smiled as well.

*Flashback*

"Um, Mr. Park, can you tell me about that designer... Kim Taehyung?"

Both were sitting in a cafe, once again. They were getting along well even after the meeting, also their meetings turned frequent as they found themselves very much comfortable around each other finally, Jimin offered his hand for friendship that Yoongi accepted, gladly.

"He was our new designer, a very kind and innocent boy. But, something very bad happened and he was kicked out of his job." Yoongi thought for a while before asking again.

"Do you've his contact number or address?" Jimin shook his head in denial.

Yoongi stopped there, still feeling something connected yet.

"Um, Jimin?"

"Yes?"

"I'm going on a trip this weekend, do you wanna join?" Jimin's eyes lit up at that.

"Of course! Why not? But where?"

"Actually, it's my friend's club and we will stay there for the night. They are so much friendly."

"I'm in." Yoongi smiled when the other beamed in happiness and started slurping his juice.

______

"So, that's why you wanted to get me here?" Jimin gave a knowing look to which Yoongi nodded and they both glanced at the brunet who had his head low.

Jimin was sitting beside him, so he gently tapped his shoulder.

"Aren't you happy to see me? I know, we weren't that close, but I really wanted to be your friend." Taehyung bit his lips and slowly moved his head.

"You know what happened that night?" Jimin nodded sadly and kept his hand back on the table.

"But I'm also sure, it wasn't you, Taehyung. Maybe, I wasn't too close to you, but I know you that much, you can't do such things." Taehyung lightly smiled at the words. Oh, how much he wanted to hear those words from his mother but-

"Thank you." He mumbled out, genuinely thankful and Jimin again stretched his hand, this time patting the soft brown hairs gently.

"Thank you, for being strong even in this tough time. Never knew, this petite frame hides such a strong heart." Yoongi smiled as Jimin praised the youngest one.

I'm not that strong, and no one is actually looking at that.

"Oh! By the way, how did you meet him?" Jimin gasped, practically jumping towards Yoongi with wide eyes to find the answer.

Taehyung silently sat beside Yoongi who narrated, how they met and how the brunet ended up here. He watched in amusement how Jimin's expression turned from excited to sad, not sure, how he would react if he found out about his other difficulties.

"What a surprise!" Jin showed up, Kai must've told him about his friend's arrival, Namjoon behind him with his dimple smile but knowing look of what was coming.

"You brat! How dare you hide from me?!" A smack landed on Yoongi's head who winced when the other landed on his back. Jimin was gaping at the sight but ended up bursting into loud laughter at the misery of the other. Taehyung also smiled lightly.

"Stop! Jin! For God's sake, you're embarrassing me." He groaned, hands making no effort to stop the abuse but his ears were turning red when he heard the laughter of his friend.

"Ha! Now I'm embarrassing you?! Joonie! Bring my slippers please-"

"Hey! You can't-" Jin gave him a devilish smirk.

"Oh, definitely I can." Their bickering was too much amusing that they didn't notice the now fallen boy on the floor.

Taehyung quickly helped Jimin to sit back on the chair but the latter was still laughing.

"Oh, who are you?" Finally, Namjoon noticed his presence.

"Jimin, Park Jimin. My new friend- stop it Jin or I'll burn your pink collection once I enter your so-called sweet room!" Jin finally stopped his hands and rolled his eyes.

"You made a new friend? The great Min Yoongi made a new friend. A friend-"

"Namjoon?! Why he is so dramatic?!" Namjoon shrugged his shoulders and hugged Jin who showed a victorious smile to his friend.

"Why I'm even asking you? You're like a love-sick teenager." Yoongi grumbled under his breath but Jimin heard it and his eyes sparkled, he quickly got up and turned to the dimpled man.

"Wait! Are you two dating?" NamJin nodded in response and the conversation went on but Taehyung was silent all the time. It wasn't like he felt left out, but he felt weird.. good weird, or bad, he wasn't able to identify it yet. There was a feeling like someone was continuously looking at him, but there wasn't anyone. It was actually very weird.

________

The whole night, Jimin and Yoongi were in the club, having a lot of fun talking and they returned with the other three to their house.

The guest room was given to Jimin while Yoongi decided to sleep with Taehyung and soon they all went to sleep in designated rooms.

Taehyung was lying on the couch in his room while Yoongi was on the bed. His phone was showing a single contact, the one he wanted to dial but he didn't.

"It's good if you're strong enough to bear your pains, but it's not good if it's increasing day by day." Taehyung flinched at the voice and found Yoongi walking towards him.

"Did I disturb you?" Yoongi shook his head and sat beside him as he sat up as well.

"You aren't sleepy after a whole nighter?" Taehyung smiled sadly.

"I'm not sleeping much. Even if I sleep, it's not comfortable."

"Why? Is this place not comfortable?"

"No, it's just- my heart is not comfortable yet." Yoongi sighed defeated and grabbed Taehyung's hand to which the other looked up at him.

"It wasn't your fault then why are you doing this to yourself? It was their loss, not yours."

"No, I did lose.. too much to even bear." Yoongi was taken aback, his hold slightly tightened on the hand.

"Do you still don't trust me enough to share it all?"

"It's not like that, hyung. I- I just don't want to drag you into my miseries. I feel hopeless and now useless as well. I feel like I'm a kid, a stupid one who knows nothing but crying about his loss. But.. I really don't know how to cope with it all." Yoongi silently listened while Taehyung kept on blabbering.

"You know, even when I was a kid, I wasn't the type to cry easily. Other kids used to bully me, they teased me and even beat me up but I barely cried, now, I feel like... I feel like I'm just a broken glass, my pieces are shattering and I'm not even able to collect them all, putting them is very far away." He was getting weaker day by day just because of his mother, his supposed strength, the strength that was turning his personality from strong to weak.

"What do I do wrong to receive hate from the only people I love? What even I-" His tears were falling and Yoongi couldn't control himself anymore and wrapped his arms around him.

"I was the one being harassed but I'm the one being hated by my own - own family.. my mother. I was the one being called a robber while I did nothing but was pushed away by my first love. I did nothing wrong but people are calling me names. It must be not much for the others, but I'm losing it.. all of it, I can't bear my mother's hate towards me. it's killing me hyung... it's killing me." He sobbed, hiding his face in the neck of the other, a comforting hand was caressing his back.

"Let it out. Crying doesn't mean you're weird or weak. It means, you still have emotions in you, and you still care about others... you still have a heart." Taehyung only snuggled more in the embrace and cried. Every time, it was unknown people who were giving him what he was in need of, the one he thought was his, was never his.

"And I promise, whoever did this all, I'll get him and he will pay for it." Taehyung bit his lips as Jungkook's face popped in front of his eyes making him angry again.

He parted away and wiped his tears harshly. "I know, who did this all."

Yoongi gave him a look. "Who is the person?"

"Jeon Jungkook. CFO of the same company."

_________

"What do you mean by that?" Minho frowned when Jungkook threw the pictures of the blurry figure in front of him.

"I'm sure of it. You want to help him, don't you?" Jungkook asked him, face devoid of any expressions.

Minho hesitated but nodded at the end.

"Then do as I say. You can prove his innocence and it's the only way."

"But we have to be very careful, make sure that it won't leak." He added and left the only cafe that was open on this early Sunday morning.

Minho leaned back on the chair, his hand frustratingly moving on his face, biting his upper lip with a distasteful look.

"Why me?!" He groaned loudly before grabbing his phone and dialing a specific contact, as the call was picked up he quickly deadpaned on the person.

"Listen! I'm so done with it all and I'm not going to protect you anymore!" The person from the other side chuckled in a sleepy tone.

"You've to do it, darling. Or else, you won't be able to have that boy to yourself."

~~~~~~~~~~

Assalam o Alaikum.

If you were the author of this book, what will you do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 107K 198
𝘈 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙡, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘰𝘶𝘭, 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘒𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘢. [Book 1, 2, & 3 Combined] ...
110K 4.7K 41
[Completed] Taehyung and Jungkook were in love with each other since their school days but when Jungkook left Korea for five years because of his con...
873K 56.6K 68
❝Have heard of this friend-zone thing but neighbour-zone is new to me.❞ What happens when a savage, sassy and straight forward guy, Taehyung, stumble...
104K 4.9K 25
Where love comes and find taehyung nd jungkook itself.. arranged marriage which change taehyung and jungkook life for good ..nd their lost heart's s...