Zero | BNHA X OC (SLOW UPDATE...

By CrescentRWBY

"Why I want to be a hero...? What kind of hero I want to be...? I... I... I'm not sure myself... I don't know... More

Chapter 1 (S1)
Chapter 2
Sleeping Kuuga
Chapter 3
Kuuga and Jiro
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (S2)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
not a chapter
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (S3)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
New chapter?
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Thanks for 2k
Chapter 35
Ehhh
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Dot
Chapter 39
Sayo: "Yoohoo!
πŸ’žSave The World With Love!πŸ’ž
🎞Futari no Hero chapter 1🎞
🎞Futari no Hero Chapter 2🎞
🎞Futari no Hero chapter 3🎞
Zero: Q&A and Feedback section
🎞Futari no Hero Chapter 4🎞
...
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 (S4)
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Announcement (important)
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Gear check!
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Notice
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 (S5)
Surprise! (Special Chapter)
Status update (not a chapter)
Spoookyyyyy
...
How original
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Not a chapter update
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
In All of Our Hearts
Competitive Bowling (Zero OVA)
Chapter 68
Photo issues (not a chapter)
Chapter 69
Father's Day Special Chapter
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Plans and Curiosity
🎞 Zero: Heroes: Rising Chapter 1
Advanced happy new year
🎞 Zero: Heroes: Rising Chapter 2
New Art
🎞 Zero: Heroes: Rising Chapter 3
Meet the characters
🎞 Zero: Heroes: Rising Chapter 4

Chapter 40

530 17 2
By CrescentRWBY

The scene opens up in the anteroom with Mera explaining the rules for the second exam.

Mera: (speaker) "Well, for all the hundred of you who passed the first test, please watch this."

A screen shows the testing field from a while ago in perfect condition.

Izuku: "It's the field…"

Uraraka: "I wonder what's going to happen?"

Suddenly, multiple explosions occurred, damaging all the structures in every playing field. Everyone looks on in shock.

Everyone: (mentally) "Why?!"

Izuku: "Th-This is…"

Mera: (speaker) "The next test will be the last one. We will have you all perform rescue exercises as bystanders in this disaster site."

Kaminari, Mineta: "Bysliders?"

Kuuga: "It's bystanders."

Hagakure: "They're people who happen to be at the scene. We learned this in class, remember?"

Yaoyorozu: "It can also refer to ordinary citizens, though."

Mera: (speaker) "We will assume that those of you who passed the first test have received your provisional licenses and test how you can carry out suitable rescue procedures."

Kuuga: "Rescue procedures..."

Sayo: "Look! There are people in there!"

Sato: "Huh?"

The screen shows elderly-looking people and some children, horrifying Sato.

Sato: "Elderly and children?!"

Mineta: "That's so dangerous! What are they doing?"

Mera: (speaker) "They are people who have undergone training to be professional people-in-need-of-rescue and are in high demand right now- The "Help Us Company" or "H.U.C." for short!"

Sero: "Professional people-in-need-of-rescue?"

Kuuga: "Such company exists?"

Tsuyu: "There are a lot of jobs out there, huh?"

Ojiro: "It's one adapted to this world where heroes are so popular."

Mera: (speaker) "The people from H.U.C. have dressed up as injured victims and are on standby throughout the disaster site. We will have you all carry out their rescue. In addition, we will score your rescue based on points and if you have more points than the benchmark at the end of the exercises, then you pass. We will start in ten minutes, so please use the restroom and take care of any other necessary business right now."

Iida: "Midoriya."

Izuku: "Yeah… I wonder if this disaster site is based on Camino Ward…"

Iida: "It's true that the situations are similar. Back then, we were focused on getting Bakugo and Kiriu far away from the villains… and staying out of the way of the pros. There were many casualties in the midst of all that."

Izuku: "Let's do our best."

-----

The scene changes to Kaminari, Mineta, and Sayo sitting beside each other as Sero approaches them.

Sayo: "Hello, Sero!"

Sero: "Hey there! But hey, something happened! Listen to this-"

Mineta: "What's the rating?"

Sero: "R-18!"

Sayo: "Eh?! I'm leaving! Dirty!"

Sayo stood up and ran away.

Mineta: "I'll listen."

Sero: "You know that bodysuit girl from Shiketsu over there?"

Sero points at Camie at the distance.

Kaminari: "Yeah."

Mineta: "If you're just going to say she's hot, that's not good enough. I've been watching her this whole time and-"

Sero: "Well, I saw her completely naked in the shadows by the rocks with Midoriya."

Kaminari, Mineta: "Midoriya!"

They both ran towards the broccoli boy.

Izuku: "Huh?!"

Mineta: "What were you doing, bastard?! When the rest of us were working so hard!"

Kaminari: "Were you making light of life just because it was during a test?!"

Izuku: "O-Ow, stop that! What?!"

Mineta: (tearing up) "Don't play dumb!"

He points towards Camie, gaining the Shiketsu students' attention.

Mineta: "What did you do with that person over there…?"

The three paused as they noticed Cami staring at them but she decided to smile and wave at them.

Mineta: (screaming) "That's a greeting exchanged by a man and a woman after they've progressed to a certain point in their relationship!"

Kaminari: "I misjudged you, you smooth-talking, curly-haired bastard!"

Izuku: "Oh, I see… it was Sero! No, I'm telling you, that's not how it is! It was because of her quirk. Actually, I didn't know what was going on, and it was super scary!"

Kaminari: "But you saw her naked, didn't you?"

Izuku: "W-Well…"

Mineta: "You saw, didn't you?!"

They look behind to see Camie still waving at him.

Kaminari: "And she's still waving at you!"

They began shaking Izuku.

Mineta: "Just how far did you two go?!"

Izuku: "I told you, that's not how it is!"

From the side, Uraraka watches with a slight insecure face while Sayo is surrounded by a dark aura, pouting at Kaminari.

Sayo: (pouts) "I can't believe it. (Pouts) He won't notice me." (Pouts)

Kirishima is seen eating some bread beside Bakugo while Izuku gets pulled by the two idiots behind him.

Kirishima: "Shiketsu's coming this way."

They all stopped when they saw all the Shiketsu students approaching them.

Mora: "Bakugo."

Bakugo: "Huh?"

Mora: "Did you see Shishikura- the guy whose eyes look like slits?"

Kirishima: (mentally) "There's too much hair."

Bakugo: "Yeah. I knocked him out."

Mora: "That's what I thought. I think he acted rudely. He must have caused offense. He has the tendency to impose his own values on others. He probably couldn't help himself after seeing you, since you're pretty famous. I would like to build a good relationship with U.A.. I apologize on his behalf."

Todoroki, Kuuga, and Annya are seen standing alongside each other.

Todoroki: "A "Good relationship"... But that face…"

He remembers the glare Inasa gave him and the smile he gave at Kuuga.

Mora: "Well then."

The Shiketsu students start to walk away but Todoroki calls out one of them along with Annya.

Todoroki: "Hey, you with the shaved head."

Annya: "Suicho…"

Inasa and Murasaki stopped walking as Todoroki and Annya started walking towards them. Kuuga follows them.

Kuuga: "Hey, what are you two doing?"

Todoroki: "Did I do something to you?"

Annya: "Suicho…"

Inasa turns around as he stands in front of Todoroki and Kuuga. He glares at the ice man.

Inasa: "Well, I'm sorry, son of Endeavor… but I hate you guys. You've changed a bit since back then, but your eyes are the same as Endeavor's."

Todoroki's eyes widen as Inasa looks at Kuuga.

Inasa: "It's been a while since I saw you, Kiriu."

Kuuga opens his eyes but Inasa gives him a smirk and a small thumbs up.

On the other hand, Annya stares sadly at Murasaki, who is giving her a death glare.

Murasaki: "Make sure I don't see you in the field, Kuroishi. I'll kill you. I heard that scum of an old man is talking with mother about me going to U.A.. I just hope I get declined because I'll make sure you'll live like hell. Power hungry bastard-"

Annya: "I didn't even want to live with him as well! We were little back then! I didn't know…"

Kuuga looks left and right, seeing some rivalry on his right and some family problems on his left.

Kuuga: (mentally) "I understand the one on my right. But on the left…? What the hell is Author-san planning again? Another OC? A Bakugo type? Give me a break…"

Mora calls out on his two schoolmates.

Mora: "Yoarashi, Takara, what's wrong?"

Inasa: "Nothing, sir!"

Murasaki: "Nothing, hairy idiot!"

Inasa and Murasaki walk away.

Annya: "Suicho…"

Todoroki: (mentally) "The old man's… eyes?"

Kuuga: (mentally) "He's still friendly with me… weird."

Izuku approaches Todoroki and Kiriu.

Izuku: "Todoroki, Kiriu."

Camie suddenly waved at Izuku.

Camie: "See ya."

Izuku: "R-Right!"

Kaminari and Mineta suddenly appeared behind Izuku.

Kaminari: "What do you mean by "R-Right"?!"

Mineta: "You sexual maniac…"

Izuku: "I told you, it's not what you think! She's super scary!"

Todoroki noticed Annya looking down.

Todoroki: "Annya, are you okay?"

Annya looks up, giving her usual small smile.

Annya: "I'm fine, Todoroki."

Annya walks away, leaving Todoroki a bit concerned.

Todoroki: (mentally) "Todoroki?"

Sayo appeared beside Yaoyorozu, still having her pouty face on as she pointed at Kaminari and Mineta.

Yaoyorozu: "Oh dear, you're acting disgracefully. What are you doing? We still have another test."

Mineta: "But-!"

Yaoyorozu: "You must focus properly!"

Sayo continues to pout while Uraraka stares at Camie, who is still walking away. She clenches her fist.

Uraraka: (mentally) "I don't like this. Why do I feel so stirred up? I was fine when I was fighting…"

She looks at Izuku, who is still panicking.

Uraraka: (mentally) "I don't like this…"

She took some time before walking towards Izuku.

Uraraka: "Dek-"

She was caught off when a bell rang inside as the screen presented the ruins again.

Mera: (speaker) "Villains have begun a large-scale terrorist attack! This is occurring in all areas of "City name here." Due to buildings collapsing, there are many injured."

An alarm began to sound.

Tsuyu: "This is the scenario for the exercises, huh?"

Jiro: "Huh? Then…"

Tsuyu: "It's starting."

The anteroom begins to unfold, revealing the ruins to the hundreds of examinees.

Mera: (speaker) "Due to heavily damaged roads, the first group of rescue workers have been delayed!"

Kaminari: "This opens up, too?"

Mera: (speaker) "Until they arrive, the heroes in the area will lead the rescue efforts. Save as many lives as you can. Well, then… Start!"

Every examinee starts running to multiple areas as a group.

Iida: "Let's start by going to the closest urban area! We'll work as a team as much as possible!"

Everyone: "Right!"

Bakugo starts running towards a different direction away from the group.

Ashido: "Bakugo, again?"

Bakugo looks behind him to see Kirishima and Kaminari following after him.

Bakugo: "Why are you following me, you damn extras?!"

Kirishima, Kaminari: "We just felt like it!"

Tsuyu: "Even if this is just an exercise, this is pretty crazy."

Ojiro: "Everyone, be careful of falling debris!"

Kuuga: "Everyone with good hearing or tracking, better start using them!"

They stopped running as Kuuga's eyes glow, slowly surrounding the area with black mist.

Todoroki: "Isn't your mist dangerous when used like that?"

Kuuga: "No. There are little water droplets in the air for me to make it dense enough to cause damage like nausea. These are safe."

They stood there for a while before Kuuga dissipated the mist and pointed near a ruined building, where some child's voice was heard.

Kuuga: "Over there. Some child."

They all run towards the noise.

Kid: "Help!"

Izuku: "There! He's over there!"

Kid: "My grandpa! He's been crushed...!"

Izuku: "What? This is bad! Where?!"

Kuuga: "Stop asking questions and assess the kid with his injuries! It looks bad! I'll check the ruins for other victims, and get to work!"

Kuuga runs past him looking deeper into the ruins. The kid glared up, screaming at Izuku.

Kid: "What's up with that! Minus points!"

Izuku: "Huh?!"

Kid: "First, you need to check whether or not I can walk! My breathing was weird, too, right? And I'm bleeding pretty badly on my head! Those with provisional licenses should be able to take in the victim's condition in an instant and act based on that! (Points at Kuuga who is assessing the area) He's one example! But in showing cooperation with others!"

Izuku: (mentally) "Will the members of the H.U.C. be the one's scoring us for these exercises?!"

Kid: "This will show how much you've trained! Look all around you and pay attention! You're not just providing rescue and aid. Until the firefighters and police arrive, you need to exercise authority in their place and do your best to make sure everything goes smoothly to hand off to them. In order to save people, heroes must do many things. Above all, you… We're all scared, hurting, and worried out of our minds. The first thing you say is "What? This is bad!"? That's no good. Take your classmate for example who trusted you on checking up on me while he checked the surroundings."

Izuku pauses for a while before smiling at the kid.

Izuku: "I-It's… fine!"

The kid looks at him for a while before continuing his acting.

Kid: "Over there! My grandpa…!"

Izuku: "Don't worry, we'll definitely save him!"

Kuuga runs back towards them.

Kuuga: "If the kid is talking about his grandpa being near the building. We're gonna move the kid to a safe place or a first-aid area. The ruins can collapse again and he may get caught in it."

Izuku: "I'll do it. You guys go on ahead."

Mineta: "Let's do this!"

Everyone: "Yeah!"

Class 1-A moved to a different area, seeing the other examinees perform smooth operations.

Sero: "They're so used to this…"

Yaoyorozu: "Everyone, let us move quickly, as well. He's unconscious. It's an old man."

Old man: "Ouch… Hurry it up!"

Uraraka began running towards Yaoyorozu's location.

Uraraka: "The debris is in the way! I'll make them float and move them!"

Yaoyorozu stopped her with a barrier.

Yaoyorozu: "Please wait a minute!"

Uraraka: "Huh?"

Kuuga approached the old man, looking at the debris around him.

Old man: "Help me!"

Kuuga: "These are unstable… it's not safe to move..."

Kuuga looks down at the old man.

Kuuga: "Please calm down, we'll get you out of here. Give us a moment to remove the debris around you."

Kuuga looks behind him towards Yaoyorozu.

Kuuga: "This one has concrete that is dangerous to move."

Yaoyorozu: (nods) "Please look more carefully around you. A building has collapsed next to this piece of wall and it's only luck that they're balanced the way they are. That balance can be destroyed if we move anything carelessly."

Uraraka: "I see! Oh, no!"

Yaoyorozu: "Let's use a support to prop up the wall before we evacuate him. It'll take some time to put it together, though…"

Kuuga: "Sero, Sato, we need your assistance."

Sero: "Leave that to us!"

Sero and Sato secured the beam with tape.

Sato: "How's this?"

Sero: "I've reinforced the wall, too!"

Yaoyorozu: "All right. Uraraka!"

Uraraka: "Right! I'll move the debris that doesn't have any effect on the balance and create a path! Here I go!"

Uraraka crawled in and slowly began removing the debris, piece by piece.

Mineta: "We ended up just watching."

Shoji: "A number of people have already left, but unlike the first test, it looks like it would be better to split up for this one. Let's move in smaller groups."

Kuuga: "In this situation, it is ideal to spread out more and be efficient."

Tsuyu: "In that case, I'll go towards the river, where I can use my abilities, best."

Todoroki: "I'll go with you."

Hagakure: "Me, too!"

Kuuga: "Aisaka, you're going with me. Your quirk will be useful."

Sayo: "Okay! Yao-momo, can you make me a small spirit box?"

Annya: "I'll come with you as well."

Ojiro is seen standing by Tokoyami, Koda, and Ashido.

Ojiro: "All right. Let's go, too."

Ashido: "Yeah!"

Tokoyami: "Right."

Ashido: "Koda, can you use animals to look for people who need rescuing?"

Koda nods.

Shoji: "I'll look, too. Mineta, help me."

Mineta: "Okay!"

Iida: "All right. Depending on the situation, you should also communicate with other schools, and save as many lives as possible."

Everyone: "Right!"

Iida: "Yaoyorozu, we will disperse and get to work!"

Yaoyorozu: "Roger!"

Uraraka is seen carrying the old man.

Uraraka: "His right leg is broken! Sero, use your tape!"

Uraraka floats the old man towards him.

Sero: "Leave it to me!"

Yaoyorozu: "Jiro, please look for the next person who needs help."

Jiro: "I know, I am!"

Kuuga: "Everyone, be discreet at all times. You must take note of what the announcement said: "Villains have launched a large-scale terrorist attack!". I may sound paranoid but it's possible that they may appear."

Jiro: "Yeah. Just paranoid!"

Kuuga: "I'm telling you! Wanna bet?"

Jiro: "No. Just stop thinking too much. It might affect your quirk."

Kuuga: "Shut up."

-----

The scene changes inside the factory zone with Kuuga, Sayo, and Annya running through the destroyed factory. There they encountered other students standing in front of some damaged metal pipes. They also acknowledged their presence.

Examinee 1: "It's U.A.!"

Kuuga: "What's the situation here?"

Examinee 2: "We hear someone under all this debris but we don't have suitable quirks to get them out safely!"

Kuuga: "I see. Aisaka, you can go through walls in your ghost form, right? Go check under here and determine how many there are and check the condition of the victims seen."

Sayo: "Okay! Leave it to us!"

Sayo switches to her ghost form and enters the debris and is gone for a few seconds before going back.

Sayo: "He has minor injuries! But we can safely remove it."

Kuuga: "Okay. I'll check for unstable structures before we move all of this."

Kuuga approached the debris and began using his mist to hold on to some pipes and metal.

Kuuga: "Most are secured, Annya, can you get this pipe."

Annya: "Roger."

With the help of some of the students' shadows, she managed to carry the pipe and placed it on the side. Kuuga on the other hand redirected the debris he's been holding to the side as well, revealing a man wearing an engineer-looking attire.

Man: "H-Help!"

Kuuga ran towards him and checked on him.

Kuuga: "Just a graze on the arm and the head… are you feeling any other pain?"

Man: "N-No…"

Kuuga: "I see… Please allow me to carry you to a first-aid station."

Kuuga carries the man out of the debris, meeting with the others.

Kuuga: "Where is the nearest first-aid station?"

Examinee 1: "Near the city, south side."

Kuuga: "Got it. Aisaka, Annya, go and rescue more with the others, I'll meet up with you here after I get this man in the safe zone."

Annya: "Understood, but I'm going with you. One should escort in case problems are encountered."

Kuuga: "Let's go."

Kuuga nods and runs away from the group while carrying the man.

Man: (mentally) "These kids know what they're doing, but that ghost from earlier scared me a bit…"

-----

The scene changes to a city corner that was set-up as a first-aid station. There they saw Izuku carrying the kid from before to the side.

First-aider: "How's this man?"

Kuuga: "A graze on the left arm and the head. He stated he's not feeling other pain. But I personally think we should do the necessary checks to ensure his well-being. 

First-aider 1: "Got it. Please move him to the side, another first-aider will attend to him."

Kuuga nods and places him on the ground, near another student.

First-aider 2: "I'll take care of this."

Kuuga: "Thank you."

The scene changes to a dark space where Gang Orca and Arcane are seen standing along with their own sidekicks.

Gang Orca: "Screening the injured and performing first aid. In the short time until emergency responders arrive, heroes must act in their stead and ensure a smooth transition after their arrival."

Gang Orca presses on his communicator.

Gang Orca: "How's it going?"

Mera: (earpiece) "During their initial response, well… there were many who acted incompetently, but even so, the points taken off by the members of H.U.C. were… less than I expected. I think in general, everything is going okay."

Gang Orca looks at Arcane as she nods.

Arcane: "In order to protect the people on the streets, heroes are expected to multitask. In other words, rescue...and…"

Suddenly, an explosion is seen near the first aid station.

Annya: "What's that?!"

Kuuga: "An explosion?!"

Mera: (speaker) "There has been a large-scale terrorist-attack by villains."

Izuku: "Everyone, the scenario for the exercises…!"

Shindo: "Seriously?"

Examinee 1: "Hey, look!"

They look at the distance to see Gang Orca and Arcane standing by the hole in the wall along with their sidekicks.

Arcane: "Rescuing and fighting!"

Gang Orca: "Can you do everything at the same time?"

Izuku: "Gang Orca…! Arcane…!"

Kuuga: "What's the old-lady doing here?!"

Mera is seen watching from the windows.

Mera: (mentally) "During the League of Villains search-and-destroy operation in Camino Ward, they're heroes who were called out alongside Endeavor and Best Jeanist. They're strong, you know. He's currently at number ten and she's currently number sixteen! By the way, he's third in the ranking of heroes who look like villains! And she's one of the important pillars in the hero society with less restrictions from the government!"

Both Gang Orca and Arcane's sidekicks began running towards the first aid station.

Sketcher: "Get them!"

Mera: (speaker) "Villains have appeared and started their pursuit! Hero candidates at the scene should continue their rescue efforts while also suppressing the villains."

Gang Orca and Arcane walk side-by side as their sidekicks run past them.

Gang Orca: "What'll you do?"

Arcane: "Fight or protect? Help or run? What'll you do, heroes?!"

End

3,450 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 145 8
yandere!various!bnha x fem!kpopidol!reader A story in which a newly debuted idol from a co-ed group strives to become a pro hero as well. Along with...
32.5K 413 7
This story will be seven chapters, one chapter will be uploaded a day with the story finishing in a week. It is a short story of IzuMomoJiro. Each ch...
32.6K 1.7K 95
‼️Book 2 Out Now‼️ For years I've walked under clouds of blood, trauma, and fake love. My father isn't around to cheer me on, and my mother doesn't w...
124K 5.3K 52
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...