Within the walls

By Alyssium6

Nyx Betzner is an adventurous young girl who wants nothing more than to succeed and impress her classmates. S... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
38 (The other side)
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62

32

58 2 1
By Alyssium6

Nyx's pov

For some reason Historia still hadn't transformed.

"What's wrong Historia, are you scared? All you have to do is inject the liquid into your body." Historia's father said.

"Wait... father, for a hundred years we had the power but we didn't use it. Why didn't our family do something? If we could control the titans why didn't we liberate humanity?" Historia asked.

"That's because the same king who built this world within the walls for humanity wanted us to live in fear of the titans for all of time. The first king deemed this to be the only path to lasting peace. I can't tell you why because only those who have seen the world's memory can know. Many years ago my brother and I pleaded with my father to free humanity from the titans. We asked him time and time again, however he would not fulfill our wish. Eventually the time came for one of us to succeed him, when my brother completed the ritual and I looked into his eyes I understood. My brother wasn't there, he had become something greater, an omniscient being exempt from death who built and looks over the world that we live in. Do you know what such a being is called? God. There is no other word aside from God. Now it's my duty to bring God back to this world and offer up my prayers. I'm praying right now Historia for God to return and great mankind once again." Historia's father said.

There was suddenly a crash and the sound of smashing glass. Historia must have decided she wasn't going to eat us. Thank God.

"What have you done!?" Historia's father yelled.

"God my ass! If it's such an honour to become him then why didn't you do it yourself!? You're talking shit and I'm not going to let you murder me!" Historia yelled.

"Good going Historia, I knew you had a good head on you." I said as I smiled and heard her run by me towards Eren.

"That's the spirit! This is getting good!" Kenny said from the ceiling.

"What the hell are you doing Historia?" Eren asked.

"Setting you free." Historia replied.

"No, you can't! If you don't kill me then everyone else will keep suffering. Just eat me already damn it! I can't live like this!" Eren said.

"Shut up Dumbass, quit your crying. I don't care! I don't care about killing all the titans and I don't care about freeing mankind either! I'm starting to get sick of humanity! I say let 'em get wiped out by titans! If that makes me an enemy of humanity then so be it! I don't care if I'm the worst girl
Who's ever lived! You get the hell out of here, I'll deal with the rest." Historia said as I heard the sound of chains rattling.

There was then a flash of light before a huge titan began forming. Much bigger than even the colossal. This man had just screwed us all. I somehow managed to roll myself backwards to a staircase without being crushed to death.

"Aaahhh!" I shrieked as the wind from the transformation sent me flying into a wall.

"Who was that?!" I heard Jean ask.

"Nyx! She was still on the ground. Nyx! Where are you!" Historia exclaimed. "She's chained up, she can't run! You have to help her!"

I heard the sound of footsteps and was then met by Levi holding a set of keys.

"Where's the lock brat?" Levi asked me.

I turned as best as I could to reveal the lock at the side of my waist. Levi was quick to unlock it and pull me from the chains. He ripped the ropes from my ankles and my wrists and then pulled me to my feet.

The whole building began to shake.

"The celling, look out!" Mikzsa yelled.

"EREN PROTECT THEM!" I screamed in my titan voice as I stabbed my nails into my palm and transformed. The second I had I reached for Eren's newly formed titan and grabbed its hand as we both hardened all of our skin to protect the normal people inside the building.

The whole place filled with light and crystal like skin as we built this support around them.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked after the huge titan had left the area.

"You can talk in that thing!?" Jean exclaimed.

"You say that like I haven't been trained as a titan warrior. Talking is the easy bit." I said. "Now us everyone okay?"

"We're fine." Mikasa said.

"Thanks for saving us Nyx." Historia said.

"No problem, you did kind of choose not to eat me." I said. "I'm gonna come down now so, avoid the dropping body."

With that I let the skin at the nape soften so that I could fall out of it. When I did I was surprised to be caught by Levi.

"Nice save captain. Sorry for the extra work." I said as he sat me down on the floor. I was incredibly tired from using my titan commands on Eren before transforming.

"How did you even get here?" Connie asked.

"If you can't tell from the big hole here I was shot." I said as I motioned to the hole in the shoulder of my shirt. "The M.Ps kidnapped me from my cell."

"I don't think they'll be putting you back in there, you did just save us all after all." Sasha said.

"Where's Eren? It's been a few minutes already." Mikasa said.

"Don't panic Mikasa, he's fine." Jean said.

"No. Mikasa is right. He's taking too long to come back out. Has he successfully hardened before?" I asked.

"No." Levi said.

"Someone pull him out right now." I said urgently. "If you don't he'll merge with the corpse and you won't be able to cut him out at all."

Mikasa was quick to react, shooting off on her O.D.M gear to get him. When she did manage to get him back down to us he seemed a bit dazed.

"You okay there?" Connie asked.

"My body just moved on its own. Like I wasn't controlling it at all. I still don't feel like I'm in control." Eren said.

"You are. Its normal to feel like that though. Annie and Bertholdt hated it, they held it against me for weeks after the first time." I said.

"Huh? What are you on about Nyx?" Eren asked.

"My titan is called the command Titan for a reason. I took control of you to make sure you protected the others." I replied.

"Wait! You can just take control of people!?" Jean asked.

I laughed and shook my head.

"To explain it as basically as possible when I scream titans and titan shifters feel compeled to do what I say. There's just something in their brains that makes them feel like they need to listen to me. Of course my scream can't force them, if you know what's going on you can ignore the order. Its uncommon for pure titans to ignore me but it happens fairly often with shifters. I can connect those weird tube things you see up there to titans or titan shifters too and forcibly control them. I can only do two pure titans at a time though or one titan shifter since they can try to will me out. Back to the scream, you have to be in range for me to controll you and with the tubes you have to be within arms reach of me." I explained.

"Man that cool." Connie said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 22 15
Jean Kirstein x fem oc 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞 an ideal or idyllic place or state. Art by: Nue_insideout I do not own any Attack On Titan characters
27.7K 802 13
﹙⭔.🫐 "its funny that we've both fucked so many people, ⟆ ( 〃yet we still havent ran into each other." .) ★☆﹔ "maybe thats a good thing."﹆ ◃.a sto...
38.8K 2.6K 33
Eren Yeager had always been a child. From birth to the day he died. He lived with a selfish, childish dream to find freedom. Yet, freedom was a manif...
192 9 5
(Y/n) an Eldian born in the interment zone from Marley, at 5 years old she decides to make the mistake of crossing through the gates of the internmen...