Ruin

By karema20

As a little girl growing up in the small rural community of Shadow Grove, I used to always hear my mother say... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101

24

9.9K 808 1.7K
By karema20

LUCAS P. O. V
___________________

Sunday: 11:45 A. M.
--------------------

"What's your name on IG?" I ask while I wait for her to change.

I don't know why I care, but for now you can just blame it on me being bored.

And nosey.

"How do you know I'm on Instagram?" she asks from inside the bathroom.

I roll my eyes. Do I look stupid to her?

"Who isn't on Instagram in this day and age?"

The door opens and she steps out. When I raise my head to meet her, she smiles bashfully and pulls at the sides of my t-shirt which is way too big for her, it almost swallows her.

Even so, she looks so fucking sexy.

Fuck.

My heart skips a beat. I think I made a mistake making her wear it. It's doing nothing to soothe the wild thoughts that have been running their course in my mind since I woke up to her in my bed this morning.

"Fine. It's Mandabear," she tells me, oblivious to the effects her presence is having on me.

I shake my head and look away, clearing my throat.

Mandabear?

That's so...her. Cute...

"A play on Panda bear?" I ask, in the most unenthusiastic tone. "Corny."

"Fuck you!" she just about shouts, her face going red.

I bite my bottom lip to hold back the laugh that threatens to escape. I lean over instead and prop my head up by my fist. "Wouldn't you love to..."

Her blush is a clear giveaway. It's true.

I feel my cock stir.

Control yuh self dawg.

"Get over yourself why don't you?" she says pointedly, but doesn't meet my gaze.

I smirk. "So you can get under me?"

"Hardy-har-har! You're so funny," she says sarcastically and rolls her eyes.

I laugh this time. I can't help it.

Damn. She's cute.

And sexy.

So fucking sexy.

Her pout brings my mind to dangerous places, and I can't help but remember how hot it was seeing it encasing my cocky last night.

Something which had taken me by surprise.

My cock stirs again, and I shuffle in my seat.

Control yuh self dawg. A wha do yuh?

I really can't help it. It's like an automatic reaction to her whenever I'm around her.

Damn.

I still can't believe she's here.

In my house.

Slept in my bed.

Is wearing my clothes.

And more importantly, had me buried inside her, fucking her: over and over.

Fuck!

"Why do you even want to know my IG handle, by the way?" she asks, coming over to my seat, hovering over me and peering into my phone.

I shrug and press the power button to close the screen. "No reason."

She frowns and I stare at her lips.

Noticing my stare, I'm guessing, she bites her bottom lip before reaching out to push a lock of hair, that rests just above my eyelid, out of my face.

Her touch causes a sensation to surge through my groin.

I pretend not to care. "So? What's your plan for today?"

She pulls her hand away and sighs. "Have you seen my phone? I can't find it anywhere?"

I sit up. "When did you last see it?"

"I don't know. I think I had it right before we...you know...but I've been searching for it all morning and it's not here."

I stand and open my phone. "I'll ring it. Just listen out for it."

"Hopefully it's not dead," she says and sighs again. She does that a lot.

It rings on the first attempt but the tone is muffled, so we can hardly detect where it's coming from.

Amanda walks over to the bed and ruffles the sheets, while I open the nightstand drawers.

Nothing.

Voicemail.

I hang up and try calling again. The sound gets a little louder now.

Amanda drops to the floor and peers under the bed, but soon comes up empty-handed.

As if one mind told me to look behind the pillows, I pull away the pillows and there it is, tucked between the wall and the mattress.

It vibrates in my hand and I turn it over. The caller ID dances on the screen.

But a weh the bomboclaat this!?

I hold the phone out to her and her eyes widen.

"Such man?" I ask, raising a brow.

The fuck?

She blushes again and hurry to grab the phone out of my hand.

I retract my hand and she misses and falls onto the bed with a loud thud.

Fucka yuh.

'Bout such man!

Bright!

"I'm sorry, I'll change it. Give it to me please?" she outstretches her palm, and I frown.

"Yuh betta!" I command, dropping the device onto her palm. "Before yuh affi lose it. 'Bout 'Such man'."

What a piece a brightness!

Betta shi did call me sum'n else.

Better yet, just call me Lucas.

Or, Zaddy. She seems to love that.

"There!" she says, holding up the phone for me to see. "It's changed."

My smile widens like a fucking Chelsire cat when I see what it says now.

No, it's not Zaddy, which wouldn't have been too bad.

But what it says is good too: 'Lucas ❤️'

My grin is replaced with my usual smirk. I nod confirming acceptance. "Man himself. Much better."

"Shut up!" she says and rolls over. "Rawtid, mummy did a call me? Ten times?"

I go and lay beside her, as she presses the call button and puts the phone on speaker.

Involuntarily, I find my hand playing with the hem of my shirt that she's wearing.

She really is too sexy for her own good.

After a few seconds, the phone connects and a strong feminine voice comes from the other side. "Mi pickney yuh member people lacka mi!?"

She rolls her eyes and I smile.

"Morning mummy. Yuh alright?" she asks her mother who clicks her tongue.

"Mi deh yah. Just come back from early morning service."

So she's from a Christian home? No wonder she's so pure.

Pure mi rass...

Shi did pure when shi a spit up pon yuh hood last night?

And a call yuh Zaddy and a beg yuh fi fuck her hard!

Over and over. Like a horny monkey.

Pure yes.

Pure demon.

"Oh," she says. "Sorry, I missed your calls."

"Eeeh. A that wid unuh gyal pickney now," her mother says, her tone firm. "As soon as unuh find man yard can guh, unuh nuh memba unuh mumma who fah frock tail unuh did love hitch up under! But mi learn fi tek weh mi get."

Amanda blushes deep red, but laughs to cover her embarrassment. "Cho! Mummy man! How yuh stay bad suh?"

I grin. I can tell they have a great relationship.

It almost reminds me of mine and my mother's. Damn. I miss her.

I should call her later.

"Nuh worry yuh self. Is a good thing mi have husband can keep mi company. 'Cause some people gone leff mi fi days and nuh bap pon mi."

She perks up. "Daddy come?"

"A that's all yuh care 'bout?" her mother quips and I can sense the laughter in her tone. "Yes, if yuh well waan know..."

"Where is he?" she asks, almost bouncing in the spot on the bed. "Daddy?"

"Stop bawl out in a mi ears nuh miss! Yuh plan fi deaf mi!?" her mother says then laughs. "Fenton oi! Fenton!"

I hear shuffling on the other side, then a mumbled voice, I'm assuming is her father's say, in the background, "A wah Queenie?"

Amanda stays silent but her smile doesn't budge.

Daddy's girl I see.

"Yuh pickney deh pon di phone!"

"Suh a dat you a bellow mi so fah, woman?" the voice says, sounding louder now. "Hello?"

"Daddy!" Amanda squeals, and I cork my ears. "What's up? Yuh nuh miss mi?"

"Den mi nuh must miss mi one baby weh mi have leave," her father answers. "When yuh a come home?"

So she's a wash belly?

Interesting.

I'm learning so much from this one conversation.

It surprises me how curious and eager I am to know more about her though.

Watch yah, man like him inlove...

...Shut yuh shit!

"I'm coming down tomorrow after work," Amanda answers.

She's going back to country?

Really?

So quick?

Something about that realization makes me feel some type of way.

And I don't know why?

Yuh a go miss har, dawg. Just say it.

Acting like wi nuh know seh yuh pussy-whipped like slave already.

I hiss my teeth at the absurd thought, and Amanda looks at me and frowns.

I smile.

"A when yuh a go back a country?" she asks.

It's always funny to me hearing country people calling other places country.

Shi nuh plan fi come off a di phone? Bloodclaat!

"Next week," her father says. "Mi tired yah man. And mi nuh want yuh mother leff mi!"

Mi rass!

"Yuh damn right!" her mother quips in the background. "A my time now!"

Amanda laughs and it's so refreshing. Like music to my fucking ears.

Damn.

I find myself grinning too.

This is probably the most I've smiled in months. But I can't help it. It's just a natural response.

Something which is surprising to me.

I pull up my email and browse through the unread mails in an effort to look like I'm not eavesdropping on her conversation...and enjoying it...

So fucking much.

"Talk yah mummy!" I hear Amanda say.

I shake my head. This girl. She's something else.

"Come off a mi phone and gwaan 'bout yuh business!" her mother reprimands her, but the smile is still evident in her voice.

I could listen to them banter all day.

Just not today. Not when her being on the phone is shortening my time.

"Since you a run mi now, mummy, mi gone," Amanda says. Her face is rosy...I'm guessing as a result of all her laughter. "Later."

"Yes man gwaan!" her mother expresses.

"Love you!" she screams into the mic.

But nothing greets her but a click signalling that her mother has ended the call.

Amanda laughs and falls onto the bed.

I turn to her. "Your mother seems fun."

Now I see where you get the attitude from.

"Trust me, she's a force to recon with!" she admits, lovingly.

I nod, making a mental note not to mess with her if I ever meet her.

Which I can guarantee will happen. Sooner rather than later.

Chat 'bout!

Wha yuh seh? Change yuh name from 'such man' to 'The man' yes.

How yuh mean!

A suh man fi have ambition.

"Your father seems used to it..." I add, ignoring the voice in my head.

She nods. "Trust me, don't take him serious. He's madly in love with her. After twenty years of marriage, he still worships the ground she walks on."

That tugs at my heart. I wish I could say that about my old man. After so many years, and so many ups and downs, it is now that he finally knows my mother's worth.

When he's almost of no fucking use to her.

It makes me sick to my stomach to know that, despite all of that, she's still madly in love with him.

That son-of-a-bitch!

I hope I never turn out to be like him.

So help me God...

"It makes me hope to have a relationship like that one day, you know," Amanda says, distracting me from my thoughts.

I study her. Her face is impassive, but her eyes are sad.

Trouble in paradise?

Wha yuh think bredda? Shi in a yuh bed right now, after unuh fuck dung di place whole night...and shi nuh look like the habitual cheating type.

Do the maths.

Using my pointer finger, I tilt her chin up so her eyes meet mine. "Hey, you will OK. You can count on that."

The man has spoken.

Now yuh juss need fi drop tha wasteman deh weh yuh have a crawl between yuh foot with him likkle tickle tickle.

She smiles up at me and I freeze.

Fuck.

If she keeps staring at me like that, I just might make do on the wicked thoughts that have been plaguing me since morning.

"I hope." She leans into me and her ass juts out.

I go to spank her ass, but my phone rings suddenly, halting me in my tracks.

I sit up and stare at it.

An unknown number flashes across the screen. It's an international call.

I immediately know who it is.

Shit!

It couldn't have been a worse timing.

I can feel Amanda staring at the back of my head.

I press ignore and sigh.

It rings again after a second.

I know she won't stop calling unless I answer it.

Even miles away, she's still a fucking pain.

I can't help but roll my eyes as I open the call and press the phone to my ear.

"Hi," the soft, familiar voice echoes in my ear.

"Hey," I say, my tone clipped. I don't even try to mask my annoyance.

"I miss you..."

I pinch my nose. "Jessica, we've been through this already. I already told you how I feel about this."

It's over. What part of that can't you understand?

"I just can't understand why you're still upset!"

Wow.

When my girlfriend, of almost two years and a half, just get up and makes an impromptu decision to move countries, permanently, without even as much as discussing it with me first, asks why the fuck I'm angry with her still.

Right! What's there to be upset about?

Especially when I wouldn't have even known about her pending migration if I hadn't accidentally found the bookings...which she'd hidden in our fucking suitcase no less.

Seriously. What the hell is there to be upset with you about, Jessica?

I sigh.

"I know, I know. You're still mad at me, right now," she says, "But just remember that you once loved me, and love isn't so easy for you to up and forget."

Yuh see when yuh mek a woman know how yuh feel 'bout them, dawg.

I already told her that I'm not into the long-distance relationship thing. I'm just not built for it. If she wanted to be with me, she would've stayed. Here. In Jamaica.

But she's made her decision. So, now she must live with the consequences.

It's just how it is.

Life's fucked up more while.

Makes no sense to argue with it.

I've come to grips with it, and I've accepted it and moved on.

At least, I'm trying to.

Is that why you ditched Shantae to spend the night with her on Friday?

Because you've moved on? Sure...

I sigh. Again. "Just stop, Jess. Desperation is not a good look on you."

Amanda's phone rings again, and I hear her answer, her tone hushed.

I scoot away.

"Who's that?" Jessica says, ignoring my previous statement. "Are you with someone?"

Yes.

"It's the TV," I tell her.

I don't know why I felt the need to lie, but I did.

I can feel Amanda staring at me and I turn to look at her.

Her face bears a frown.

Is it because of what I just said?

Fuck.

Way to put my foot in it.

"Jessica, I'll call you back!" I growl.

"But--" she starts to say, but I hang up, cutting her off.

Putting the phone on airplane mode, I turn to look at the pouting woman beside me.

I reach for her hand and she pulls it away.

Just like she did that night.

Here we go again.

"Amanda--"

"I need to go home, Lucas," she says, interrupting me. "You don't need to explain to me."

She gets up and walks around the bed, picking up her things.

Shit!

"Amanda it's not what you think..." I try to explain.

"I'm not thinking anything!" she says, raising her voice.

She's upset.

Again.

Because of me.

"Please listen...." I try to say again. My heart is beating wildly, but I can't just let her leave. Not like this.

We were just good a minute ago.

She walks around me and picks up her watch off the nightstand, then circles the bed in search of her shoes.

"It..."

She drops to her knees.

"It's not what..."

She pulls out one shoe.

"Don't make this..."

Then the other.

"Stop!" I growl and grip her by the arm, having enough of fighting to say what I want to say.

Bomboclaat man!

"Why are you packing up your things?" I say, breathing deeply to calm my nerves.

She stands and glares at me, before rolling her eyes and sighing. "It's fine, Lucas. It's my fault. I shouldn't have come here. It was a mistake."

The fuck yuh mean?

I study her face for a hint of playfulness. There's none. "Are you saying you regret it? Regret what we shared last night?"

I can't believe my ears.

Tell mi seh yuh nuh serious.

"Can you take me home?" is all she says. "Please?"

"Didn't last night mean anything to you?" I find myself asking.

I could thump myself, but I'm curious to know. Her answer will determine how we move on.

She sighs. Again. "Fine. I'll call a taxi then."

Taxi mi bloodclaat!

'Bout taxi.

My blood boils.

What does she take me for?

My free hand feels coarse as I run it down my face. "Put your things down, you're not going anywhere."

Ever.

She doesn't budge and I go to take her things from her.

She dodges me and pulls out of my grip. "Stop nuh, Lucas! Mi want go a mi fucking yard!"

Her tone hits me like a fucking ton of bricks.

She regrets it. She really does.

My heart drops.

Did I force her to do something she didn't want to do?

She moves to the living room and grabs her clutch from the couch.

My eyes find the food I'd cooked for her still on the kitchen counter. It had gone cold.

She hadn't even gotten a chance to eat what I'd cooked for her. Now she's leaving.

Amanda notices my stare.

"I'll clean them up first, then you can take me home," she tells me.

I almost laugh. This must be a fucking joke.

It's gotta be.

Hahaha. Funny.

There.

I watch as she shovels the food into the grinder and places the empty plates into the sink.

She then turns to me all serious and shit. "Where's the soap?"

The dishwashing liquid is under the sink, where Ms. Lorna, my helper, keeps them. But, I'm not about to tell her that.

She raises a challenging brow, when I say nothing. "Well?"

If stubborn was a person...

Is this another Jessica or wha?

Dawg, yuh know how fi find them...

I meet her with my own pointed stare. "Leave them."

"I wasn't raised to leave dirty dishes undone," she rebuts.

I would've given her a smile, but I'm too annoyed.

My jaws tick.

"Use water then," I tell her.

She hisses her teeth. "Why are you doing this?"

Me?

"Why are you doing this?" I challenge her.

She walks pass me, nudging my shoulder --well my arm, as she's a little pipsqueak-- with hers as she goes.

I laugh. There's nothing better to do.

It's either laugh, or grab her and fuck her. Hard!

And I can't allow her to feel any more regret.

I sigh.

I still can't believe how quickly the mood had changed from one to a hundred.

We'd just been laughing and flirting, now here we are fighting. Already. And we aren't even together.

Yet.

A wha di rass could a cause this!

Although I must admit, her fiesty attitude is doing something to me.

My cock twitches in agreement.

I pick up a shirt and pull it over my head, before grabbing my keys. "Fine. I can't force you to stay if you don't want to. I'll take you home."

If I let her stay here and resist me for another damn minute, I just might yield to the fucking temptation.

This girl is going to be the death of me.

I just know it.

And, surprisingly, I don't seem to mind. Not one bit.

Trouble!

Trouble in a the bomboclaat camp!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 106K 88
❝Baby I don't need a man, I need Dinero & a tan!❞-Taj Romaé *** "...if yuh nuh name Dinero den mi nu...
1M 144K 117
Remember that regular degular 21-year-old who had it all figured out? Well, surprise! Back to 16 we go, where teenage chaos reigns supreme and I'm ju...
146K 11.6K 38
Zurianne is forced to have an arranged marriage with the Don of one of the deadliest Jamaican gang, in order to save her mother's life. As she met hi...
155K 13.4K 68
Naomi's a newly divorced, single mother, who's dedicated to herself and, the wellbeing of her daughter. It took only one interaction to change her m...