Siren (Bts x reader)

By FixitFelixxxxxxx

Isn't a Siren supposed to be terrifying? Aren't they supposed to eat people? So far, it has been quite the pe... More

Prologue + Disclaimer
Come
Down
To
The
Black
Sea,
Swimming
With
Me.
Go
Down
With
Me,
Fall
With
Me.
Let's
Make
Worth
It.
A
Thousand
Nights
Passed,
Change

Have

425 32 4
By FixitFelixxxxxxx

"Jungkook is a different case. Start with Seokjin. He's easy to talk to" Yoongi suggests once Jungkook left.

"I think I've done enough talking for the day" I say.
"You'll never get better at it" he says.
"That's fine by me" I say.

"Wouldn't having the skill of keeping a conversation improve your singing commands?" Yoongi asks.
"I've perfected that" I say, not biting.

"If you've perfected that then you'd have no problem having a normal conversation" he says.
"That's not how it works" I say with squinted eyes.

"I'm pretty sure that's how it works" Yoongi stubbornly says.

"Alright alright. Try talking with Seokjin. Seokjin!" Yoongi doesn't give me a second to breathe as he calls for Jin.

"What happened?" Jin comes running with wide eyes.
"It's not an emergency" I quickly say and Jin looks ready to whack Yoongi.
"I'm trying to teach her how to talk" Yoongi explains.

Jin looks at me.

"I would say that's an emergency" he says as he looks me up and down.
"What level are you trying to get to?" he asks.

I was about to explain that I don't need to learn how to talk since I already know how but Yoongi answers instead.

"Jungkook's level" Yoongi nods.
"It'll be tough but I think we can get you there" Jin nods.

"I don't need to learn" I finally step in.

Yoongi and Jin look at each other.

"Yeah. Ok" Yoongi sarcastically says.
"Let's start with the basics" Jin starts.
"Already did that. Then Jungkook came along and ruined it" Yoongi sighs.
"Right-we build up from the basics" Jin nods.

Oh well. Might as well listen to the two not listening to me.

"Let's do an easy game. Fill in the blank" Jin says and I nod.
"Life is like..." Jin starts.
"A never ending cycle" I tiredly say.

They look at me weirdly.
"What?"

"My favourite book is..." Jin carries on.
"How should I know what your favourite book is" I squint my eyes.
"He means your favourite book" Yoongi clears up.

"Ah-age inappropriate" I nod. Jin raises an eyebrow.

"Is that a book I don't know?" Jin asks Yoongi.
"How old do you think we are?" Yoongi asks me, looking me in the eyes.

I look at their faces. I can't remember if they told me their ages or not.

"I would assume about 25-30" I say and Jin looks like he's about to fall over.
"30?" he coughs out.

"Is that incorrect?" I ask.

"Very. You should've left it at 25" Jin frowns. Yoongi pats his back.
"So, you are 25?" I ask.
"Yes. I'm still young" Jin sulks.

"30 is already extremely young" I say.

Jin brightens up real quick.

"I like you" he smiles.

I'm confused at this point.

"But we aren't children. Not even Jungkook and that's saying a lot" Yoongi brings up.
"Right Right. Apologies. My mind slipped for a second" I apologise.

For a minute, I swapped humans and vampires. They both look so similar.

"Back to the game" Jin starts.
"But what's your favourite book?" Yoongi asks.
"Do you really want to know?" Jin asks.
"Yeah. Kind of."

"When life gives you lemons..." Jin ignores Yoongi and turns to me.
"I know this one. Make lemonade" I nod, feeling proud of myself.

"I was hoping for a random ass answer" Yoongi sulks.

We continue the game. We often pause on what my answer was since they found it amusing, hoping for a funny explanation.

"The type of weather I like is..." Jin continues.
"Rain" I quickly answer.
"I don't even need to ask for that one" Yoongi says.

"I'm gonna stop there" Jin says and I nod.

"Well then, you two heard enough about me. What about you?" I ask.
"What about us?" Yoongi asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know. What was it like growing up? Were you two always friends? How did you meet?" I ask and Jin smiles.
"The student is becoming the master" he proudly says.

I simply look at him.

"I didn't care about you enough to ask before" I say.
"Ouch" Jin frowns, putting a hand to his heart.

Yoongi and Jin get into their backstory. It seems they had a very normal childhood.

"So what are your plans for the future? Aren't you in the prime age for partners?" I ask.
"Well, we first gotta sort this nonsense out and who knows how long that might take" Yoongi says, a little irritated.

"It would be cool to do music" Jin nods.
"Yeah, someplace else than our small village" Yoongi nods.

"Then why don't you go for it?" I ask.

"It's complicated. It's difficult to move on from everything you know for something you're unsure of" Jin explains.
"You only live once" I say.
"But maybe the comfortable lifestyle we have now isn't that bad" Yoongi brings up.

"But then you'd always be wondering for that what-if scenario. I say just go for it" I say, nodding.
"Do you even know what fear is? The fear of failure, the fear for the future" Yoongi brings up.

"The fear for never accomplishing anything in your life? There are tons of fears. It's best not to think about it for too long" I say.

"So you do feel fear?" Jin asks.
"Recently I did. I realised for the first time ever, I didn't have the situation under control" I say, thinking back to Hoshi and his ability to cancel out my singing.

"And I feel fear. Just not very often. I kind of already worked through that feeling" I add on.
"Along with others" Jin says.

I give Jin a look. He throws his hands up.
"It's true" he says.

"I've been wondering. Have you had human friends before?" Yoongi asks. I nod.
"So you can have human friends" Jin says, shocked but somewhat proud.
"What were they like?" he asks.

I think back on my past friends.

"Adventurous. Cry babies. Strong" I sum them up.

"So nothing like us" Jin says, looking unsure of how to feel about it.
"Besides the cry baby part" I say with a slight smile.

"You know what? I don't think I want to talk to you anymore" Jin says and starts picking up his pace.

Jin's action was kind of useless since the group comes into view of them sitting.

"Lunch break" Namjoon tells us as we approach closer.

I take this opportunity to splash my face with a bit of water. I immediately feel better.

I come back to the group. I was planning on sitting alone again but I see Jin pat the empty spot next to him.

"I thought you were angry with me" I bring up as I approach him.
"I like to be dramatic. I don't do grudges" he simply says.

I sit next to him.

"How're you doing?" Namjoon asks me.
"I'm perfectly fine" I say with a thumbs up.

"Just tell us if our pace is too fast" Namjoon says.
"I actually would suggest that we pick up the pace. I could scout ahead for the nearest village and organise a place to sleep" I suggest.

"Good plan, but I think we should stick together. But if we do send someone, it should be Jungkook and Taehyung" Namjoon says.
"I'll be faster" I simply say.

"There isn't a lake nearby" Yoongi brings up.
"I know, I'll take longer" I tiredly sigh. It's a lot more effort too.

"That's why I think we should send Jungkook and Taehyung" Namjoon says.
"I didn't say I wouldn't do it. I mean, I might be a little rusty" I say as I stand up.

My off-white wings fold out from my back.

"But I'll still be faster" I say as I stretch out my wings. It cracks a little.

"You had wings all this time?!" Jimin is the first to react from the silence.
"Where were you hiding them?" Namjoon asks with wide eyes.

"I haven't flown in a hot minute so just give me a second" I say, continuing my stretches, ignoring their questions and stares. I start moving my wings.

"Alright. I'll make arrangements. If you're not there an hour after sunset, I'll come looking for you" I say and take off straight into the air.

My muscle memory doesn't let me down as I easily gain air.

Obviously with a lot of effort but I manage.

I stay just above the trees.

After two hours of flying, I start seeing a village. I thank the gods and begin my descent.

I was huffing once I reached the ground. My legs were a little wobbly but I pushed forward.

People look strangely at me.

I start to wonder if I should upgrade my wardrobe. I was sticking out like a sore thumb with my ancient clothes.

The fashion in this town is a lot simpler with plain colours.

Oh well.

I start my search for an inn.

I eventually find one and settle a deal with the manager.

"How far is the river from here?" I ask after I paid.
"Maybe about three hours walk from here. It's relatively close by" he says.
"Is there any transport we can take?" I ask, thinking already how tiring that will be.

"There's a carriage that goes everyday" he says.
"Great. Who do I speak to?" I ask.
"His name is Theo. You'll find him delivering products."

And then I search for this Theo guy.

There's a few people with a carriage so I had to sniff this guy out.

Someone taps my shoulder and I turn to see a familiar face.

"Oh my god. It is you" he says as he hugs me.
"Remember the touching thing" I say, patting his back for him to get off me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"That's the first question you ask? Nothing of 'I missed you' or 'How have you been?'" he sulks.
"It's only been a couple hundred years" I brush it off, but he shushes me real quick.

"Someone might hear you" he says.

"Since when'd you care?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.
"Since I've been living amongst them. You would know if you came to visit" he says in a hushed tone.

"How would I know you live here? It's not like I can read minds" I say, smiling a little.
"Again with the jokes" he sighs.

"Let's not talk here. Want to see my house?" he offers.

"How'd it go with Ann?" I ask as I look at the pictures of the two of them.

Minghao looks exactly the same in these old photos as what he does now.

"It went really well actually. I broke things off with her when she was about 40. I wanted her to have a family. Then she wanted to become a vampire too and I refused. We got back together ten years after that and she died when she turned 82" he explains.

"How'd she go?" I ask.
"Died in her sleep" he shortly explains.

"After that?" I ask.
"I traveled. Living here and there" he says and walks away. I follow after him.

"Coffee?" he asks.
"Sure" I say, watching him make two cups of coffee.

"So you live here now?" I ask.
"Yip. Got about two or maybe three years left in this place" he says.

"Where are you living now? The ocean?" he asks, smirking slightly.
"Psh-they're still pissed at me" I say.
"It's been years" he laughs at their lifelong grudge.

"Well, I'm living in this nice place by a lake. Recently there has been human development nearby, but not that near yet" I say.

"Then I'll come to you if there's no where else for me to go" he says with a smile.
"I've got an overprotective werewolf on my hands" I simply say.
"Never mind then" he does a one-eighty.

"Are you on another one of your adventures?" he asks, handing me a cup of coffee.
"No. I've been laying low. Ever since you left, the next left and the next" I explain.

"Seems I really was the glue of the group then" he grins.
"Or everyone else wanted to move on" I say.
"You're still so mean" he sighs.

"Then what are you doing here?" he asks.
"A human got himself cursed and I need to sort it out" I explain.
"That's laughable" he says, smiling slightly.

(I do not own the video.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 5.7K 41
Threats, attacks, mobs, cans, psychos is that really how it should be for us? Do we really have to suffer? Why? How can we make it stop? Why doesn't...
10.7K 575 25
"i'm not what you think i am, and when you find out, you won't want this." "how 'bout you let me decided that for myself, baby girl." a lawyer with a...
44.8K 2.2K 62
It will take me probably all summer to finish editing this and leaving it alone forever since I am working on other projects ._. ▷ BTS mermaid Series...
84 1 8
You love bangtan? You love our boys? The fvcking read thing ✨💫 you want more information? Then read!