Club Echo

By camrenruinedmylife

(Book 1/3 of Club Echo) Y/N is a very well known DJ at a popular club in LA. What happens when one day a cer... More

Where Have You Been
your text
WINE
Turn Me On
Hungry Heart
I Melt With You
love is so hard!
It's You
This
Come On, Come On
Break My Heart Again
I Kissed A Girl
Iris
Cherry Wine
Hands To Myself
So Weightless
Be the Song
Heal
Lover of Mine
Not Afraid Anymore
Supermarket Flowers
Missing Piece
Falling Apart
Apologize
Amnesia
Unsteady
West
Off My Face
Mariposa
Medicine
Love Like This
we fell in love in october
What They'll Say About Us
maybe we need a break
Like I Want You
In My Dreams
Everything Has Changed
Freaks
Chasing Cars
Daddy Issues
Meant To Be
I'm Nothing Without You
I See the Light
voicemail
It was nice while it lasted
La Vie En Rose
you were good to me
Love Is Gone
No Time To Die
Strangers, Again -

Winter Things

10.4K 318 851
By camrenruinedmylife

Winter Things by Ariana Grande

______

Lizzie's POV

It's finally the month of December. My favorite month of all. I love all of the festivities that go with it and the all around vibe that it gives off.Y/N and I have spent the last thirty minutes driving around LA looking for a place to buy a real Christmas tree. We both wanted it to be real and buying a fake one does not cut it for the both of us, especially when it's the first time we'll be spending Christmas with each other. I know for a fact that there will be many more to come. I know that. No one can tell me otherwise.

"Ooooh, what about this one? It's tall, big, and very green." Y/N pointed at the tree next to me. "I think this is it. I can feel it."

I scrunch my nose, "You think so?" I asked, getting a feel of the branches.

"I know so. I can already picture it in my living room." Y/N tip-toed next to me. "Close your eyes and picture it. Full of trinkets and decorations, along with bright lights, the shiny star on top, and a handful of gift boxes under them. Oh, and don't forget, our living room will be decked with Christmas decorations and anything else that you might want to add."

My eyes glimmer with pure happiness, "Well, when you put it like that, then, this is our tree. Let's go buy it."

"Great, I'll go get the guy, you stay put, okay love?" Y/N gave my forehead a kiss before running off somewhere excitedly.

I looked at the tree longingly, picturing what Y/N described to me. I could see it in my head play out like a film. The thought itself was more than enough to make me feel genuinely happy with myself like how I've been these past couple of weeks. Y/N have been the best at everything and her constant cute spontaneous date ideas were the cherry on top of the great days I've found myself upon. I really don't deserve someone like her. She's such an angel. A pure good-hearted soul that's meant for greatness.

We struggled to get the Christmas tree in her apartment despite the help of the movers, but somehow, they managed to get it inside the apartment and at the spot where we wanted it.

"Babe, I got an idea." Y/N snaked her arms around me, burying her chin on my shoulder. "We should go bake some Christmas cookies before we start decorating so by the end of it, we'll have a fully decorated living room while we binge-watch Christmas movies. What do you say?"

I smile at the idea, "I would love that. Let's do it."

Y/N and I excitedly prepped all of the ingredients and laid them flat on the countertop. I start to think of a plan of execution, unaware of the fact that she had said something to me that I completely ignored.

"Did you hear what I said?" Y/N asked with a grin on her face.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, do you want me to start doing the measurements, or would you rather do it yourself?" Y/N reminds me once more.

I chuckle breathily, "Oh, I'll do that. Why don't you be my little assistant since I'm a better baker." I tease her.

"Damn, break my heart, why don't you." She feigned, covering her chest as if I stabbed her. I would never hurt her precious heart. "Make sure to save some flour for the gingerbread house later with Maya. She's stopping by later."

"We're babysitting?"

"Yes, we are."

"Oh, great because I miss her so much." My heart smiles at the thought of the little kid and our bond. "She's so adorable and pure and I just love her so much."

"I think it's safe to say that she likes you to-"

We were interrupted by a gentle knock on the door. Y/N volunteered to open it as I began to put some of the flour into the bowl. I put my undivided attention to all the required measurements and ingredients that it needs. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realize that it was no longer just the two of us.

"Lizzie!" Maya rushes forward, engulfing my body in a tight hug. "I've missed you so much."

I lowered myself to her level, carefully picking her up, "I've missed you more little one." I booped her nose, making her giggle.

"Y/N said you're making Christmas cookies. Can I help decorate when it's done?" Her eyes sparkled with excitement, waiting for my answer.

"Of course you can little bear." I planted a few kisses on her face making her squirm. Her soft giggles fill my heart.
"In the meantime, why don't you hang with me for a little bit while Lizzie prepares the ingredients." Y/N carried the little one in her arms, tilting her a little bit so it would look like she's flying. "Off to the living room we go!"

Maya cheered happily, their laughter more than enough to make me feel the happiest person alive being in the same room as them. Every once in a while, I would look at them for a split second and it would always cause a sense of happiness in my heart. I've always adored how nurturing Y/N gets with Maya and the bond they have is truly something beautiful. One day, we will have one of our own.

After putting the cookies in the oven, I joined the two in the living room, who's too busy watching a movie to even notice my presence. As soon as I sunk into the couch next to Maya, their attention all went to me. They smiled in unison before diverting their full attention toward the screen. In all honesty, I couldn't bring myself to pay any attention to the movie because their soft murmurs to each other about what's happening in the movie was more entertaining to me. At one point, they ended up falling into a pit of laughter and it warmed my heart that I could've sworn that I teared up a little bit. I took a mental picture in my head, and I know that despite not being able to see the memory in person, it would always live in my head. I would always remember a moment so simple, yet heartwarming.

Eventually, the cookies were done baking. I let it cool off for quite some time before we could put any icing so it wouldn't melt. As soon as I told them that it was done, they rushed into the Kitchen like children. We started decorating the cookies with Christmas songs playing in the background. Y/N and Maya are so into decorating their cookies to perfection that they didn't pay me any attention at all. I took no offense to it, but simply lived in the moment.

Every once in a while, I would catch myself stopping all movements just to stare at their cute interactions because it was too pure to let it pass by. I think it's safe to say that this is one of my absolute favorite moments. After decorating all the cookies, we 're finally done.

"Alright team, I think this is cause for some hot chocolates as a celebration for how great these turned out." Y/N gave the two of us cheerful high-fives before grabbing two cups from the cabinets.

"Are we still doing gingerbread house later?" Maya tugged on my shirt.

"Of course we are little bear." I carried her in my arms, swinging the little one side to side.

"Yay!" She cheered, clapping her hands excitedly.

After the hot chocolates were done, the three of us sat in the comfort of the couch, indulging ourselves in binge-worthy Christmas movies. Two hot chocolates and five cookies later, we were all stuffed. Maya laid comfortably in the middle, with her head resting on top of Y/N's lap as her attention remained glued to the tv. I reached over to gain a hold of Y/N's hand, and played with her fingers mindlessly for my own entertainment. Even the simplest things, it would still tug at my heartstrings.

In the middle of Polar Express, I glance at the two, cuddled up together, sleeping peacefully. A smile slowly formed across my face as I pulled my phone out of my pocket to capture this blissful moment. I will be looking at this picture perfect moment of how good things were if anything were to happen and it will get me through the trials and tribulations. I know it will.

As tactically as I can be, I tucked them in with a blanket before tip-toeing my way to the kitchen to clean up a little bit. I also went ahead and laid some of the stuff we will be using for the gingerbread house later. With nothing else to do, I sat on the couch once more to watch the remainder of the movie.

~

"Are you excited to decorate your house, little one?" Y/N asked, situating herself next to Maya.

"Super duper ready!" She clapped her hands vigorously, her eyes oozing of excitement.

"Let's. Get. To. Decorating!!!" Y/N drags comically as they begin to gather all of the toppings and icings they will be using to decorate. I did the same and started to really put all of my effort and artistic vision to my blank gingerbread house.

We bop our heads to more Christmas music as we get lost in decorating our house. As foolishly as we can be, every once in a while, we would throw gummies at each other playfully to gain the other's attention. Thirty minutes later, we're finally done.

"Wow, little bear, your house looks great." Y/N gave Maya a high-five. "Great job."

"Thank you." The little one blushed. "I like yours too! And Mommy Lizzie!"

"And the dream team strikes again!" Y/N carried Maya inside of her arms, swinging her side to side, causing the little one to giggle uncontrollably.

I watch them fight against each other and time stops for me. I could feel the steady beating of my heart and for a moment, everything stood still. I could see it. One day, one moment, somewhere, there will come a time in the future where everything will make sense. A lifetime end goal in front of me, something my heart yearns for.

"Let's start decorating the place, Mommy Lizzie!" Maya pulled my hand toward the boxes full of Christmas decorations.

A team I never knew I needed. We worked together in unison, decking out the place with trinkets and Christmas ornaments. The once normal-looking living room, now filled with winter-themed Christmas knick knacks. I'm content with how everything turned out.

"Are you ready to put the star on top, little bear?" I asked, handing her the star.

Maya nodded ecstatically, "Yes, I am." The little one stood clear from her seat before offering her arms for me to take. I hoisted her high enough to where she could reach the top. A little shaky, but Maya managed to put the finishing touch to the tree. "Can I grab more little candy canes to put on the tree?"

"Of course, go grab some more. They're in the box over there." I point to its location.

"I think we did a pretty great job making her happy," Y/N whispered, but loud enough for me to hear. "We're a great team, you and I. Together, I feel like we can accomplish anything we set our minds to."

My eyes lock in against her own, "Together?"

"Together." Y/N flashed me her glimmery smile. "Forever and Always."

I wrapped my arms around her, my head gently fell to rest against her shoulder, "Home." I said softly, indicating her arms. She's my home. Always will be.

-

Four Christmas movies later, Maya fell asleep on the couch. Y/N volunteered to carry her inside the bedroom, tucking her in before linking back with me to the living room.

"I say, today was a great day. What would you say?" Y/N asked, her head resting upon my shoulder.

"One of my absolute favorite moments," I said softly, my eyes staring longingly at our intertwined hands. "Thank you for such a simple, yet amazing day."

"I have a few more up my sleeve for tomorrow."

"What do you mean?"

"I may or may not have bought us a plane ticket to go to New York tomorrow," Y/N mumbled under her breath. "I also rented us a cabin to stay in for a couple of days."

"Y/N..."

"I hope it's not much, but I just thought that it would be fun since it snows a lot over there around this time and it'd be fun to go around and do winter things." Y/n rambles on, her nerves getting the best of her as I remained quiet, not uttering a word. "I could cancel if you prefer to stay. I know I should've talked to you about it before booking-."

I sealed her lips with a kiss, her features softening within the gesture, "It's a fine idea, baby. I love it."

"You do?"

"Of course. It's sweet and I'm excited about it."

"Great, because I have a few things planned for us three that I know you guys would enjoy."

"I can't wait." I lock our hands together. "You're pretty good with planning trips and what to do."

"It's one of my many talents." Y/N flaunts. "Just wait until next Christmas. I have so many plans for us. I'm going to make you the happiest person alive. Next year will be our year. It's going to be me and you against the world."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

Y/N gave my forehead a gentle kiss, "There's no one else like you, Olsen."

With my heart up my sleeve, "There's no one else like you, Y/LN." I took home inside of her embrace, and know that in the deepest part of my soul that she's the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

-

I have no recollection of what time I slept last night, but I woke up to a sound coming from the kitchen. I sluggishly made my way outside of the bedroom to find Y/N and Maya making pancakes together. I leaned my body against the corner, admiring the heartwarming interaction between the two, making my heart flutter.

"Do you think Mommy Lizzie will like this?"

"Of course she will little bear. That looks so cute." Y/N says with a smile on her face. "Nice job. High-five!"

I wanted to make myself known but I enjoyed them not knowing that I'm watching from afar. So, this is what it feels like for your heart to feel full and genuinely happy. I could get used to waking up to this.

Eventually though, I couldn't contain my excitement, "Good morning." I made myself known, causing them to turn their heads. 

"Good morning Mommy Lizzie!"

"Good morning, baby." Y/N placed a kiss on my cheek before flipping the pancake. "How was your sleep?"

"It was good. What time did you two wake up?"

"I woke up fifteen minutes before her and we decided to make breakfast before our flight around noon."

I nodded before diverting my attention to Maya, who was waiting for me to look at her, "You're so artistic little one. That looks adorable."

"You really like it?" Maya asked with her puppy dog eyes.

"I love it, come here." I carried her in my arms. "You're very artistic."

"Thank you. I'm glad you like it."

"Of course. Listen, why don't we set the table while Y/N makes breakfast?"

"Let's do it!" Maya cheered excitedly as I carefully laid her back on the ground.

It didn't take a while, until Y/N finished making breakfast. We ate together like a family, and every once in a while, we would laugh at something Y/N said to a point where our stomach would hurt. The moment is very domestic and I would be lying to myself if I said, I didn't find myself having to take a moment to myself, and know that this is one of those good old moments I will be looking back one day, and remember how great things were.

After breakfast, the three of us created a plan of execution on how we would clean the dishes. Y/N is on washing duty, I'm on drying, and Maya is in charge of passing the plates and utensils. This day barely started and I'm already having fun. I can't wait for more.

-

When we're finally situated in our designated seat on the plane, I took a quick glance at Maya, who is seated in the middle with a frightened look on her face.

"Is this your first time riding a plane?" I asked, gaining a hold of her hand.

She nods nervously, "Yes, and I'm scared." Maya squeezed my hand as the plane bega to move forward, preparing for take off.

"It's okay, we'll be here to protect you." I looked at Y/N, who was also holding her other hand.

As the plane soars in the sky, Maya flutters her eyes shut, squeezing both of our hands as tightly as she could.

"It's okay little bear. You're safe with us."

~

Four hours later, our plane touched down at our final destination. After gathering the rest of our things, Y/N rented a car and drove us to the cabin we'll be staying in. The drive was a little over an hour long until we ended up in front of a cozy cabin with snow surrounding the area.

"Oh my god, this is my first time seeing snow!" Maya cheered, getting a handful of snow. "It's so cold."

"Go ahead and have fun out here with her while I go put our stuff inside." Y/N said.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course baby, I got this." She sealed my lips with a kiss before popping the trunk open.

It didn't take long until Y/N joined in on the fun. The next thing I know is that we ended up having a full blown snow ball fight.

"Incoming!" Maya and Y/N yelled as they came rushing toward me.

"Since when are we teaming up?" I laughed as I ran away from them.

"You can run but you can't hide!"

I should feel betrayed, but I don't. The fun coming out of their eyes is truly heartwarming. Their laughter and the smiles on their faces is something that makes you drown in pure happiness. Despite the many snowballs thrown at me, I didn't mind them. We were having fun and not giving the world any care because at this moment, nothing mattered but us.

-

With the day still young, the three of us went into the city and strolled around for a while. We didn't have any destination in mind, we simply walked around and enjoyed what the city had to offer. Luckily for us, we came prepared with the winter clothes because New York City's weather is not a joke.

"Have you ever gone ice skating before, little bear?" Y/N asked.

"No, but I've always wanted to do it. Is that what we're doing next?"

"Ding-ding, you guessed correctly!" Y/N cheered, carrying Maya. "Off to the center we go!"

They ran toward the rink, completely forgetting about me. I chuckled at their playful antics as they were putting on their shoes. I can't remember the last time I went ice skating, but I've always been good at it, so I'm not worried about my possibly rusty skills.

"Follow my lead, okay?" Y/N guided the little one inside of the rink carefully. "You're going to be a little wobbly at first, but that's okay."

Maya giggled, "Okay."

I stayed in the back, watching Y/N teach Maya how to maintain her balance and naturally glide her feet when she's comfortable to do so. The little one fell a couple of times, but she didn't cry about it. Her innocent laughter was music to my ears and it's so heartwarming watching them two so into ice skating. Eventually, Maya got the hang of it, and she needed little to no assistance.

With Maya in the middle, we held her hand and skated around the rink with smiles written all over our faces. This is what true happiness looks and feels like.

-

Toward the end of the night, the three of us laid comfortably on the couch in front of the fire pit. Maya had fallen asleep first after the long day we had. Y/N went ahead and tucked her in before joining me on the couch once more.

"Did you have a great day today, baby?" Y/N intertwined our hands together.

"The best," I mumbled softly, my head falling upon her shoulder. "How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Make me the happiest person alive."

Y/N chuckles lightly, "I find that it's easy to do things for people that you love genuinely. When it's real, you don't have to force anything. Because at the end of the day, it's what you choose to do to make your person happy."

"I love you," I tell her with all my heart.

"I love you too, baby," Y/N murmured. "I can't wait to build a life with you. Have our own house and a family. Promise that you won't leave and you'll stay by my side no matter what happens to us in the future..."

"I promise." I grinned softly, pulling her in closer.

I fluttered my eyes shut, and I knew that I'm home.

———
A/N: I come in peace and served y'all a fluffy chapter. I hope y'all enjoyed this. Who know, maybe you guys might get the ending that y'all want 😉

‼️ 7 chapters left ‼️

See y'all in the next!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

794K 21.4K 61
Y/N is far from a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. She's a twenty something year old engaged to Elizab...
646K 17.7K 87
This story starts with you getting a part in a new marvel movie. You become friends with many of the MCU cast, including Elizabeth Olsen(but will you...
1.3M 39.2K 61
Y/N is just a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. One day she escapes to Central Park to get away from wo...
319K 10.1K 26
Y/n is an aspiring musician who spends her days fetching coffee and scheduling meetings for A-list celebrity, Elizabeth Olsen, and her nights perform...