Kamala & Doug: A Dream Come T...

By breeoc97

Kamala Harris has just become the first ever woman Vice President in a historic election. She thought that wo... More

the day after the historic win
a brunch with the bidens
stress or something else?
denial turned into reality
the first glimpse
a christmas surprise
tender loving care
the game changing moment
an inauguration gender reveal!
a sexy + romantic valentine's day
announcing the news to the world
cbs this morning interview
romantic date night
a special tattoo + friends visiting!
first ever mother's day
doug's sick day
a surprise beary baby shower!
is it time?
welcoming devi into the world
devi meets family via zoom!
heading home + devi meets his siblings!
biggest surprise EVER!
senate + house friends visiting!
more family visits!
the babies finally meet!
interview with joy reid
devi is one month old + heading to cali!
visiting shyamala'a grave
the dodgers and giants game!
doug's birthday
kamala's birthday
family cuddles in bed
meeting with the president of france!
devi's 1st thanksgiving
another big surprise
devi's first hanukkah
kennedy center honors
christmas eve party!
a christmas eve gender reveal
relaxing day at home
spending time with friends!
inaugural ball
visiting mama at work!
instagram pictures
a fun brunch with the clintons!
doug gets covid
formula shortage hits home
devi's 1st mother's day
ivy is here | birth announcement
planning the boys' birthday
kamala's weird pregnancy cravings!
devi meets ivy
a birthday surprise!
the macrons are in dc!
a cute morning at the white house
welcoming ivy
meeting grandpa (pt 1)
meeting grandpa (pt 2)

just the three of us

1.1K 22 6
By breeoc97

*Doug and Kamala bond with their new baby boy!*

August 8th, 2021 - 12:15am
Devi Douglas Emhoff was born just a few minutes ago!

Kamala and Devi have been bonding in the birthing pool together, getting to know each other while Doug looks on proudly.

"How are you feeling, honey?" Doug asks Kamala softly as he holds her Hydro Flask as she takes a few sips.

"I feel amazing actually! But I'm sure in a few hours I'll be sore." Kamala says as she chuckles at Doug and Doug smiles.

"That's great honey. You look so beautiful." Doug says causing Kamala to blush and smile.

"Aww, thank you. And you look handsome." Kamala says to Doug softly.

"Thank you, honey." Doug says as he kisses Kamala's cheek.

"I can't believe I did that with no freaking pain medicine. Oh my gosh." Kamala says as she looks down at Devi, who now content and is just relaxing on his Mama's chest.

"You sure did, honey. You did incredible! I am so proud of you!" Doug says happily as he kisses Kamala's cheek, causing Kamala to smile and blush.

"I'm sure your arms and hands are going to be bruised for weeks to come. I'm sorry." Kamala says jokingly feeling bad on how hard she squeezed Doug's arms hands and upper body.

"Hey, I don't mind. You needed me and I helped you. I'm sure the press is going to have a hay day and say you abuse me or something." Doug says playfully, making Kamala giggle and Doug laughs at his own joke.

"Don't make me laugh too hard, Dougie! It hurts." Kamala says as she feels a little bit of pain.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry." Doug says feeling really bad that he caused Kamala to be in pain.

"It's okay! It's okay. Everybody told me after birth everything down here hurts. I thought laughing hurt if you had a c-section!" Kamala says as she giggles again.

"Nope! You muscles will be sore for a while from labor and pushing! That is completely normal!" The nurse says to Kamala.

A nurse then walks over and happily puts a blue hat on Devi's head so he it doesn't get cold.

Devi coos as he lays on lays on Kamala's bare chest and curls up in a ball, feeling her warmth and hearing her heart beat, which is a soothing sound to him since he heard it for nine months in the womb.

"Hi, buddy. Hi! I'm your Daddy!" Doug says in a babyfied voice at Devi.

"Are you opening your eyes? It looks like you have Daddy's beautiful brown eyes! Oh my goodness." Kamala says in a high pitched babyfied voice.

Doug happily takes a few pictures of Devi and Kamala together for memories.

"So precious." Doug whispers with a grin.

"I love you so much, Dougie." Kamala says to Doug with a smile.

"I love you too, Kam." Doug says as he kisses Kamala twice.

Just then, Devi begins to cry a little and Kamala shushes him softly, calming the newborn down right away.

"Shh shh shh, it's okay, Devi. It's okay. Mama's here. Mama's here." Kamala says softly as she kisses Devi's forehead which isn't covered with his hat. 

Doug holds Devi's hand and Devi squeezes Doug's finger, causing Kamala and Doug to both smile.

"You are a strong little guy, aren't you? Yes!" Doug says in a babyfied voice and as he smiles at Devi.

"You are such a little cutie. Yes, you are." Kamala says in a babyfied voice at Devi as she admires her baby boy.

"He is so adorable." Doug says as he smiles at Devi and Kamala.

"He looks just like you, Dougie." Kamala says softly to Doug with a cheeky grin.

"You think so? I see a lot of you in him too. He has your lips that's for sure." Doug says as Kamala giggles and smiles up at Doug before looking down at Devi.

"Hi, buddy. Are you cuddling with your Mama? Yeah! That's your Mama!" Doug says in a babyfied voice making Kamala smile.

Kamala delivers the placenta and Doug looks away so he doesn't pass out or get sick. Kamala finds this hilarious because Doug can get sick easily at times.

Doug then proudly cuts Devi's umbilical cord, causing Kamala to smile at him proudly.

The nurse asks Doug if he would like to hold Devi while Kamala gets out of the birthing pool and he of course says yes.

Doug then quickly unbuttons his plaid shirt so his bare chest is showing and the nurse places Devi on his bare chest before placing three blankets on him since Devi is still in his birthday suit.

"Hi, Devi. Hi, buddy. Hi! You look a lot like your Mama, yes, you do." Doug whispers as he rocks his body as he holds Devi close to him.

Devi coos and looks around the room, causing Doug to smile down at him.

"This is a big world, isn't it bud? Yeah, it is! Your Mama has a really big job! She is the Vice President! And I am the Second Gentleman! I'm sure the press will give you a cute nickname." Doug says, kissing Devi's nose and Devi coos.

"You are so cute. I love you, baby boy. I love you so much! You are such a surprise to Mama and I and we are so grateful to have you in our lives. You have a big family that can't wait to meet you! You have a big brother Cole and big sister Ella! Yeah! Look at you sucking your fingers! Are they yummy? Are you getting hungry?" Doug whispers as Devi happily sucks his fingers, indicating he is getting hungry.

A nurse takes Devi from Doug to check him over at the warmer, making sure he is perfect and healthy. Devi weighs in at six pounds, ten ounces and is nineteen inches long!

1am
Once Kamala is settled and comfortable in her hospital bed, Doug begins to feed Devi his first ever bottle while Kamala enjoys a sweet treat.

Kamala joked with everyone that she will probably want something sweet after Devi is born and she did! Kamala is having some chocolate ice cream and even feeds some ice cream to Doug.

Kamala looks over and sees Doug feeding Devi and feeling so lucky to have such a wonderful partner in life to have a child with. A partner who is willingly to help whichever way they can and an active part of the baby's life.

"You are a baby bottle feeding pro, look at you Dougie!" Kamala says proudly as she smiles at Doug and Doug smiles at Kamala before looking back down at Devi.

"It's been over twenty years since I did this! I was really afraid that I would have forgotten how to do this!" Doug says with a chuckle.

"Well, you know what to do! Such a proud Daddy! And aww, Devi is looking up at you!" Kamala says as she quickly grabs her phone to take pictures and videos.

"He is wide awake! It's 1am, bud! Yeah! We should all be sleeping!" Doug says playfully to Devi, making Kamala chuckle.

Kamala proudly films the moment to have forever. Devi happily sucks the bottle nipple and drinks the formula, hungry from his long journey to be born. 

"You must have been hungry, huh, baby boy? Yeah! You have the best Daddy ever!" Kamala says in a babyfied voice, making Doug smile.

"He was a hungry boy. Good boy, Devi." Doug says with a big grin at Devi.

Kamala continues to enjoy her ice cream and being able to relax in her bed some.

"This ice cream is so freaking good!" Kamala says with a big cheeky smile and Doug giggles.

"You freaking deserve it, honey. You worked super hard tonight." Doug says, causing Kamala to blush and smile at him.

"Aww, stop it!" Kamala says as he feeds Doug another bite chocolate of ice cream.

"Ice cream for breakfast." Doug says as he giggles and Kamala giggles too.

"I guess this is considered breakfast! Maybe a midnight snack!" Kamala says with a giggle and Doug smiles back.

After Doug finishes feeding Devi his bottle and burps him, Doug places Devi on Kamala's chest so Devi can spend more time with his Mama.

"Hi, sweet boy. Hi, baby boy. Your belly is nice and full now! Yes, it is! Are you a sleepy boy now? You are a very cute sleepy boy." Kamala says in a babyfied voice at Devi as she kisses his head.

"I'm a sleepy boy too." Doug says as he sits on the hospital bed with Kamala, laying his head on Kamala's shoulder and Kamala softly kisses him.

"Me and my two boys. I love it." Kamala whispers with a cheeky grin on his face.

"I love you." Doug says with a smile.

"I love you too, honey." Kamala says as she and Doug kiss each other a few times.

Kamala, Doug and Devi all cuddle in the hospital bed for a little bit :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 450 35
Joe Biden and Jill Biden are on top of the world, they are the President and First Lady of the United States after the biggest election of a lifetime...
17.8K 344 19
When Jill Stevenson begins teaching her first class, she develops a close relationship with one of her students' fathers. That father happens to be w...
83.8K 1.2K 20
BOOK 1. He never expected to fall like this. She never expected to catch him. (Story based on if Dianne's lie about having a daughter was actua...
1.1K 51 18
Maya and Farkle one shots. First Published - 20th August 2021 Completed -