The Genius Above Elites

By UnderHocide

"Every journey has a meaning, we shouldn't give up just because all of us are unequal. Otherwise we might jus... More

Vol.1 Prologue
Vol 1 Chapter 1.1
Vol 1 Chapter 1.3
Vol 1 Chapter 2.1
Vol 1 Chapter 2.2
Vol 1 Chapter 2.3
Vol 1 Chapter 3.1
Vol 1 Chapter 3.2
Vol 1 Chapter 3.3
Vol 1 Chapter 4.1
Vol 1 Chapter 4.2
Vol 1 Chapter 4.3
Vol 1 Chapter 4.4
Vol 1 Chapter 4.5
Vol 1 Chapter 5.1
Vol 1 Chapter 5.2
Vol 1 Chapter 5.3
Vol 1 Chapter 6.1
Vol 1 Chapter 6.2
Vol 1 Chapter 6.9 (Solaris 🍋)
Vol 1 Chapter 7.1
Vol 1 Chapter 7.2
Vol 1 Chapter 7.3
Vol 1 Chapter 8.1
Vol 1 Chapter 8.2
Vol 1 Chapter 8.3
Vol 1 Chapter 9.1
Vol 1 Chapter 9.2
Vol 1 Epilogue
Akasuki Masaki - SS
Kurenai Rayla - SS
Sugihara Solaris - SS
Kaneko Masako - SS
Vol 2 Prologue
Vol 2 Chapter 1.1
Vol 2 Chapter 1.2
Vol 2 Chapter 1.3
Vol 2 Chapter 2.1
Vol 2 Chapter 2.2
Vol 2 Chapter 2.3
Vol 2 Chapter 3.1
Vol 2 Chapter 3.2
Vol 2 Chapter 3.3
Vol 2 Chapter 4.1
Vol 2 Chapter 4.2
Vol 2 Chapter 4.3 (Rayla 🍋)
Vol 2 Chapter 4.4
Vol 2 Epilogue
Akasuki Masaki - SS (2)
Kurenai Rayla - SS (2)
Sugihara Solaris - SS (2)
Kaneko Masako - SS (2)
Vol 3 Prologue
Vol 3 Chapter 1.1
Vol 3 Chapter 1.2
Vol 3 Chapter 1.3
Vol 3 Chapter 2.1
Vol 3 Chapter 2.2
Vol 3 Chapter 2.3
Vol 3 Chapter 3.1
Vol 3 Chapter 3.2
Vol 3 Chapter 3.3
Vol 3 Chapter 3.4
Vol 3 Chapter 4.1
Vol 3 Chapter 4.222222222222?
Vol 3 Chapter 4.1
Vol 3 Chapter 4.2
Vol 3 Chapter 4.3 (??? 🍋)
Vol 3 Chapter 4.4
Vol 3 Chapter 5.1
Vol 3 Chapter 5.2
Vol 3 Chapter 5.3
Vol 3 Chapter 6.1
Vol 3 Chapter 6.2
Vol 3 Chapter 6.3
Vol 3 Epilogue
Vol 4 Chapter Prologue
Vol 4 Chapter 1.1
Vol 4 Chapter 1.2
Vol 4 Chapter 1.3
Vol 4 Chapter 2.1
Vol 4 Chapter 2.2
Vol 4 Chapter 2.3
Vol 4 Chapter 3.1
Vol 4 Chapter 3.2
Vol 4 Chapter 3.3 (Rayla 🍋)
Vol 4 Chapter 4.1
Vol 4 Chapter 4.2
Vol 4 Chapter 4.3455555555555555?
Vol 4 Chapter 4.1
Vol 4 Chapter 4.2
Vol 4 Chapter 4.3
Vol 4 Chapter 5.1
Vol 4 Chapter 5.2
Vol 4 Chapter 5.3
Vol 4 Chapter 5.4
Vol 4 Chapter 6.1
Vol 4 Chapter 6.2
Vol 4 Chapter 6.3 (Rayla 🍋)
Vol 4 Epilogue
Vol 5 Prologue
Vol 5 Chapter 1.1

Vol 1 Chapter 1.2

3.5K 94 25
By UnderHocide

The school yet to be dreamed

The entrance ceremony was...boring. I imagine many of my peers felt the same way. I know these things are supposed to be important but there was too much time spent standing in lines, and with so many irritating things to deal with, this whole thing was nothing more than a useless pain in the ass.

The entrance ceremony for elementary school, middle school and high school all have the same meanings; the start of a major game that can barely be won by children. If you want to enjoy your time at school, the key factor here is to befriend those you find interesting. Failure in doing so marks the start of a shitty three years at high school.

As someone who just wants the freedom and free time to play games all day, I've decided to first establish a smooth relationship with some of my peers. First I should start with my classmates, which I have already succeeded in doing...well it was one but it was still a success!

Unfortunately I have literally no idea how to properly introduce myself! Last time I did that was in middle school and I fucked up so badly no one except Masaki wanted to talk with me for the whole school year!

I cannot afford for that to happen again!

I had ventured alone into a battlefield and now it's do or die. Someone like me just needs to be confident, just spout out your hobbies and what you like to do!

With my spirits now lifted, I look around the classroom and walked towards the seat that bore my nameplate. It's set in the bottom middle of the entire class, generally one of the best places to sit when you want to make friends. For example you can use the back seats to your advantage to gather information about your classmates and finally walk up to them and come up with a conversation starter.

As I sit down, I took a glance outside to the hallway. The hallway is still filled with students. The others were either immersed in their class materials or already talking with the other students in the class. So they've already made friends huh?

Well what should I do? Take action with the current free time I have? Normally I would spend it playing games but since I had to leave my gaming console behind, I have to bare without one for now.

"Hmm? Oh Masaki!" Someone I know! Looks like she's seated exactly in the front, a dangerous part of the classroom but for someone like her, I doubt this bothers her at all.

"Sugihara-sama, it's good to know you're alright. How are you liking the school so far?"

"Isn't that the type of question you should ask after a few hours or at least days of being here? Well to answer that, it's been terribly boring." Ahhh! I need to get to fingering right now! I can't go on this long without a gaming console, my fingers are itching just sitting here!

"Well I can see that. I'll leave it to you for the time being then, try to bare with me for now please." She must know about my pain of not having a gaming console, truly a magnificent assistant.

I was hoping to hold that conversation a bit longer but alas I understand how she feels. She wants to make friends too and with her looks, she definitely won't have any trouble in that department.

Certain people in the classroom exude an aura that screams, "Please be my friend, I'm lonely!" But you'll be bothering them if you just suddenly walked up to them. The harsh truth is you can't just wait for the right time to do so, you'll be beaten to the punch eventually and will be left friendless. However if you start a conversation with someone who is essentially a stranger to you, there's a chance you may mess up the conversation and even risk making a serious social gaffe.

In the end, the first day of school is in short, impossible. A game no one can win in even if you try your best.

In the end, I've remained entirely friendly which fucking SUCKS! I even heard mutters such as "Is that cute boy there still lonely?" and "How can someone so handsome be so lonely?" It's really starting to flip my muffins! Hopefully it was all in my head.

Friendship is a crucial part to being a human in life, the power of friendship is so strong I've seen countless games use it as a power-up. Honestly it's over rated, having a mindset like this is likely why I'm still nearly friendless.

Friends are supposed to be people who spend time with you right? Then who interacts with who first?! Is it you or your potential friend?! Ah I'm having a mental breakdown just thinking of this!

Trying to make friends is too troublesome, I'd rather curl up into a ball and die than make a fool out of myself! Should I just go talk to Ayanokouji again? He seems just as or even more lonely than me but he's talking to that raven hair girl, damn she's in my class too. Ugh! My thoughts are all over the place. While I'm sat here in a haze, the class is already filled with students!

This is it! My school life here is destined to be poisoned to be an exceptionally dull one!

Of course just when I think that, someone came up to me at last which caught my attention as I look up at them from my desk.

"You let out a pretty heavy sigh earlier, are you ok? I could take you to the nurses if you're not well." A sigh? I must have been so stressed I didn't notice myself sighing.

"Yeah I'm fine, anxiety is just taking over me right now- urk?!" A girl! The first person who talked to me is a girl!

Ah she's pretty cute too, that indigo hair fits her violet eyes well. Hang on she looks like a female version of me!

"Eh? Is everything really ok?"

"Ahem, yes all is fine. Anyway what's up? I didn't think someone would suddenly come up to me and start a conversation."

I'm sorry Ayanokouji, but I must make a friend before you. I will help you later on but please bare with me.

"Well you just seem....lonely. some of the students in the class at least have one person to talk with but you're just sitting here, hanging your head down to the desk as if you were depressed." Well I was depressed but I'm not going to say that, it'll make me look even more pathetic.

"Well, you see social interaction isn't my forte. Even if I wanted to strike up a conversation with someone, it might only last for around 5 minutes or so." Another reason I've been sitting here, secretly I was hoping someone would just walk up to me like this girl but I was also thinking of a conversation starter that would last for at least 10 minutes.

"Ah where are my manners? I'm Sugihara Daisuke, nice to meet you....errr?" I extend my hand forwards still not knowing the girl's name.

"Mei-Yu Wang, if that's too hard for you to say you can just call me Mei. N-nice to meet you Sugihara-kun!" Mei-Yu Wang huh? That doesn't sound Japanese....so she's Chinese? At least half I'd say.

"Well I have no problems with pronouncing your name but it could get tedious at times....well what about Mii-chan?" That the name of my pet cat I still have back at home. She reminds me of her, being small and timid but also pretty cute.

"M-Mii-chan? W-well I guess....like I said, you can call me whatever you want." She's embarrassed from me giving her a cute nickname? Girls are so hard to read....

So this is the creation of my first real friend huh? Well aside from Ayanokouji and Masaki, I need to start improving myself quick or else I'll be left behind.

At this precise moment, a woman enters the classroom which led to all the students returning to their seats. She seems to be our teacher, she might not even be that much older than I am actually... Well frost impression wise, I can say she looks like the discipline type, pretty strict with her students perhaps?

Actually no, she might be placed in her thirties. She wears a suit and has delicate features. Her hairs seems to be long, and tied into a ponytail. Sexy but I won't be fooled that easily.

"Ahem, good morning to you, students. My name is Chabashira Sae and I will be the instructor of class-D. I typically teach Japanese history. However, this school does not rearrange classes under norm circumstances so I hope to get to know all of you for the next three years. The entrance ceremony will be in the gymnasium one hour from now, but for the time being, I would like to distribute written material about this school's rules. I will also be handing out the admissions guide."

The students in the front of the seat passed familiar looking documents I'd receive after I was accepted.

This school's differs when compared to other Japanese high schools as students are required to live in dormitories located within school premises. Students are even prohibited from contacting anyone from the outside world, unless for special cases like studying abroad. Even contacting your parents is forbidden without authorization. Naturally exiting school grounds is also forbidden.

Thankfully, the school campus also comes equipped with many excellent facilities. With it's own karaoke centre, cafe, bouquet and more. You can easily compare this school to the likes of a small city. The campus easily spreads over more than 600,000 square meters.

This school also has a unique system: the S-system.

"I will now hand out your student IDs. At this school you can use these cards to buy any goods at any facility given by the school. However it is imperative that you keep track of how many points you spend. As long as it is within school premises, you can buy absolutely anything with these points."

Our points loaded onto our ID cards, acting as a form of currency for us students which is far more convenient than having a stacks of bills or coins hidden in your wallet. Any any rate, the school provides these points free of charge.

"Your student IDs can be used simply by swiping through the machine scanner. The method is simple so you shouldn't get confused. Points are automatically deposited into your account at the start of every month. You should all have around 100,000 points already. Do keep in mind each point is worth a single yen."

And now the classroom has erupted.

We've received a monthly allowed that would make us millionaires if we were in the real world. It's suspicious though, 100,000 yen seems too much for a high schooler to have.

"Shocked by the amount of points you've been given? This school judges it's students purely of merit, and you lot have showed great talent for passing the entrance examination. The amount you receive is reflected on your self worth. You may use your points without restraint but after graduation all your points will be returned to the school, thus there are nearly no advantages to saving your points up. In the event where you don't want to spend your points, you can also transfer them to someone else. However extorting money from your peers is not allowed, this school monitors bullying carefully."

As bewilderment spreads over the classroom, Chabashira-sensei scanned the entire room.

But there's still something that's bugging me...

"Sensei, I have a question." Sensing there isn't a reason not to ask, I raised my hand and stood up.

"Sugihara Daisuke, right? What's your question?"

"What kind of game are you playing here?" I could sense everyone looking at me with a perplexed expression, even Chabashira-sensei seems to be confused.

"Please elaborate Sugihara-kun."

"Right, well what I meant to say was how many points do we EXACTLY obtain at the start of each month?"

The class quiets down for a second before laughter engulfed the room. I'm used to this kind of humiliation so this doesn't shame me.

"Are you kidding me?! Didn't you hear what sensei just said? We get 100,000 points every month didn't you hear that?" Things like that were spread around the classroom and they were directed towards me. It's honestly annoying.

"You didn't let me explain yet. You said we get points deposited into our accounts at the start of each month, however you never specified the exact amount. Also I get that this school is built by the government and all but isn't giving 100,000 yen to a high schooler each month a bit excessive?"

As I finished that sentence, the laughter in the room quiet down once again. Seems they didn't think of this.

"You seem to have a keen eye, Sugihara-kun. Tell me, how did you think of this theory?"

"You're really dragging this. Well I've had my suspicions the moment you mentioned each point equals to one yen. Also you've been throwing clues around as if you want us to catch onto something. Answer me this, is this school really way more strict than it seems?"

I close my statement, making mummers throughout the class as I stared down at Chabashira-sensei.

"Hahaha! I knew you were an interesting one Sugihara-kun. You're exactly correct on that, but if you want any more information you will have to pay a price." Of course, nothing is free and I suspected this already.

"So what's the price?"

"What do you think the price will be?" This woman really loves dragging out conversations. Fine I'll entertain her.

"Let me take a wild guess, a large majority of our points?"

"Not quite, it's an unknown price to pay but if you truly do want every piece of detail, you may come to my office anytime to discuss this payment-"

"I want it now, I'll even sell all my private points for it." I interrupted her mid-sentence. I should win this argument if I continue to bomb her.

"You're an arrogant boy I see....very persistent. But I must warn you this price may ruin this clas-"

"That doesn't matter, if it means we'll get valuable pieces of information I don't mind sacrificing the class." And now I've caused yet another uproar.

"What do you mean?! You want to destroy the class or something, little bitch?!" And other such comments were thrown around, but my gaze is set on Chabashira-sensei.

"Alright quiet down everyone. Sugihara-kun has already decided for the class. He's you're leader after all, without his guidance you all may have never known he had been completely right this whole time." Score! But I don't know if that gamble was worth it or not.

"This school operates on a special point system as you may know, but something you may not have known are the class-points system. Essentially the points you see currently are known as a "private point", these private points are generally used to purchase anything within the school campus."

Chabashira-sensei said as the students in the room stared at her in disbelief.

"Now we move onto class points, class points differ from private points as they determine the amount of class points you go Tain every month. You start out the school year with 1000 class points and it either decreases or increases depending on the merit of each student within the class. Furthermore obtaining more class points than another class will allow you to ascend to that current standing while the other class will be moved towards your original class." She continued.

Basically I was right about this whole thing, it's nearly unbelievable to think I could catch her hints since she sprayed in distractions with the truth. Smart move sensei.

"In conclusion, what was the price we had to pay to obtain this information? Surely it didn't come cheap." Currently I'm the only student in the class who even has the strength to stand. Well one of the few.

"A pay cut, a consumption of 500 class points." Wha-?! That's still massive! I knew it was a lot but this is a bit more than I expected!

"Is that so..."

"Also I've taken another 50,000 private points from you respectfully, Sugihara-kun." This bitch! How am I supposed to buy a gaming console now! I'll just have to live without one for another month....

"This is unbelievable, but totally acceptable." I mutter out loud.

"Well now that all of that commotion is over with. You may start to make your way towards the gymnasium now. One more thing, do not spill this information to the other classes, it's unlikely they even know about this just yet and I still have a career. So if you all don't want to be expelled, keep yourselves quiet about this."

So this is it huh? The game we're playing is one that is nigh impossible to win at, what's more it requires teamwork and a team needs a leader....and that leader...

"I get it now. Alright, from this day forwards, I will become the leader of class-D! With my help we will push to the top even if it means I have to forcefully push all of you ahead, mark my words, this game is now in the palm of my hands!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 1.6K 103
"Soccer is played freely, no matter what gender or race you are." That was the motto Sakuma's twin sister had lived by, though, no one would ever und...
223K 7.8K 102
"Do you not remember who you are?" "A monster." "He's a monster." "You're a monster!" "He's going to be a monster." "Who even are you?" "I'm a human...
35 0 12
"Do you just wanna be friends or something else?" "Can we be down to earth with it already?" "I guess so..." After a mysterious death of both parents...
57.4K 2.2K 61
"hey 'zumi, do you think any of your idol friends would-" -【"no."】- "i didn't even say anything!" ------- a girl with way too much chaotic energy con...