It's Coming Home

By caseycan

Jack Grealish X Love Island Fan Fiction set during Euro 2020 with lots of throwbacks 2009 Aged 14, Jack is... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47 - The Final Chapter
Bonus chapter

Chapter 40

2.2K 31 22
By caseycan

'I can't believe we have to go home in the morning' sighed Amy. After all the drama the days before, she'd actually been able to get a proper nights sleep, and now they were having to head back to England.

Jack was still next to her scrolling through his phone. 'Tell me about it, I'm just looking at all the stuff I've got to do this week, talk about back to reality with a bump. First off, I've got pre-season with Villa and obviously big chats to have with City' he sighed. She could tell the toll the decision was taking on him.

'And you're 100% you want to go? Because money isn't everything' she was worried he was been led by the financial side of the transfer.

'The way I see it, Villa have the option of me or £100m. They've literally made me the player I am today and you know I'll always be a Villa man, but I honestly believe £100m could do so much more for the club than me staying there ever could. It's going to break me giving that captains arm band up, but it's about building a future for Villa, as well as us now'

'Building a future, I like it' she smiled.

'Yeah, and talking about the future, City have estate agents shortlisting properties for us. They wanted to know how many bedrooms we want. I reckoned 6, what do you think?' He asked as if a 6 bedroom house was just standard.

'That's that 5 a side team playing on your mind again' she laughed nervously. Six bedrooms just seemed so many, never mind giving birth to 5 children to fill the rooms.

'We may as well plan ahead, and it means our family and friends can come and stay whenever. I was also thinking you might need a study to finish your uni work' he was hinting at what he thought she should do next.

'I haven't decided what I'm doing yet, you know that' she hit him playfully. She knew he wanted her to go back, she just didn't know how she felt about it yet. Esmé had called and Amy was due in for a meeting with her the day after they got back to talk about everything that had happened and the impact it had on her work.

'We've talked so much about my plans, and I know what you said about living together part time, but what else are you thinking?' He asked. They'd been so focused on his future that he realised she was putting off her own decisions.

'I guess the options are still the same, stay in London and work full time or go back to Uni and work around that. I don't know though' like Jack, her decisions didn't feel easy.

'There is a third option you know. You could just come to Manchester with me right away and study there. I read that you can transfer your credits from one Uni to another' Jack was always surprising her with his random knowledge.

'You read?' She laughed.

'I mean it's a step up from shoot magazine, but yeah I searched it up on Google. But if you come to Manchester there's tv studios and everything and you know, my pants aren't going to pick themselves up off the floor' he joked

'I've got this image in my head now of your bathroom with 2 years worth of dirty pants on the floor. It's not a pretty one' she joked.

'Very funny' he began tickling her. 'But I pay someone to pick them up now'

'Very flash' she rolled her eyeballs. 'But anyway, back to you. You'd better tell my Dad you're leaving Villa before we go back. It might mean that he says that I have to dump you though, so brace yourself' she joked around.

'I know, I'm dreading telling your Dad more than anyone else to be honest. I just hope the fans forgive me and can see where I'm coming from. I can't even imagine playing against Villa in the future' she could see it was getting to him.

'Has there been a dedicated support line set up for Villa fans yet?'

He half smiled, but he didn't laugh like she'd expected him to.

'Okay, there's something else you're not telling me' 

'Apparently it's all blown up in the media about me going to City, so when we get back it's going to be insane. There's villa fans who're calling me a snake and all sorts. I'm just scared I'm not doing the right thing. When I was so worried about you being in hospital it took my mind off it, but now we're getting ready to leave and go back, my anxiety is going crazy' Everyone looked at Jack and assumed he was confident, but she knew the truth, he was just as vulnerable as anyone else.

'I'll be there with you. Every step of the way, I promise' she kissed him and held him tight.

'Thanks Aims. I honestly don't know what I'd without you'

'Let's just make sure you don't ever have to find out again' she said kissing him again.

*****

Amy had text Brad to arrange for the three of them to meet, and by text he had seemed okay, but when she saw him, he still looked terrible. Whilst she gave him a warm hug, Jack stood behind her like a naughty little schoolboy waiting to apologise to someone he really hated. Amy was quietly impressed when Jack extended a hand out to Brad, Brad looked equally shocked as he shook it. He'd never imagined that he'd be doing that with Jack. The click he still had in his jaw was testament to that.

'We just wanted to come and see you to apologise for not believing you when you said it wasn't you. Didn't we Jack?' She asked, prompting Jack who would have happily stayed silent.

'Yeah we did' he swallowed, this wasn't easy for him today. 'Look, I really am sorry for jumping to conclusions about you. I'm just so protective over our Aims that it was hard to think straight'

'I appreciate that' said Brad graciously. 'But in your shoes I'd have been the exact same, I don't blame you for it. It's just killing me that it was my best mate. We were mates from school, you know. I've heard his bullshit excuse and it makes no sense to me, drunk or sober'

'I know, I was so confused by his logic' Amy shook her head. She would never get her head around it.

'How's it been for you since everyone found out it was him?' Asked Jack. 'We saw you were getting torn a new one before that'

'Still not great. People are still holding me guilty by association and I've lost most of my work through it. The worst thing is my nan's devastated by it all' Amy knew how much his Nan meant to him. It wasn't fair for an older woman to be going through it all.

'Your poor nan, I wish there was something I could do to help' Amy sighed, trying to think.

'Why don't we take a picture together and post it online with us thanking Brad for helping to save your life. If it wasn't for him being with you, who knows what could have happened' Jack suggested.

'What do you think?' Asked Amy, touched by the fact that Jack actually cared enough to help him.

'I mean, what harm can it do?' Brad shrugged, with a hint of a smile, the first she'd seen since they'd been with him.

Amy held up her phone and captured a selfie, with her between Jack and Brad. Brad even managed to raise a smile, he knew that this would be a good start to getting back on track.

Jack and Amy both posted the picture of the three of them together immediately.

jackgrealish: massive thanks to this man for helping my beautiful girlfriend @amyshaw when she needed it the most. Without him she might not be here today. I'm eternally grateful to you @BradMcClelland

amyshaw: When you save a life, you'll always be part of it. @BradMcClelland I'm so glad to have you as my friend.

Brad read their captions with a lump in his throat. 'That means a lot to us, I appreciate it so much'

'I mean it though, I am grateful to you for what you did' said Jack.

'And I do count you as a friend. So promise me you'll stay in touch' Amy said. Brad looked at Jack.

'It's cool with me mate. No hard feelings?'

'One thing before you go Jack' Brad said, 'I have to tell you, that was some goal in the final'

'Let's hope I score some more like that this season, now I'll have this one back in the stands' Jack shook Brad's hand again and they headed back to the car.

*****

When Jack had said it had blown up, he wasn't joking. Neither of them could have imagined the hysteria that met them as they landed. There were photographers snapping pictures through the fence, capturing Jack's every step as they got off the plane. He quickly herded Amy into the car that was waiting for them on the runway, and sighed as their driver sped off as fast as he could.

'This is just going to get worse' he groaned. 'And it's not that I'm not grateful, it's just so overwhelming, you know?'

'I know' she replied holding his hand.

*****

Pulling up outside the hotel, neither of them could believe how many people were waiting for them there either.

'You ready?' She asked.

'As I'll ever be' He opened the door and got out, holding his hand out for her.

'Amy'
'Jack'
'This way'
'Are you going to City Jack?'

There were almost as many questions fired at them as there were camera flashes on the short walk into the hotel.

'That was seriously intense' Amy had never experienced anything like that before.

'I can't wait to get up to the room, shall we just get room service tonight? I seriously can't face more questions' Jack asked quietly whilst the receptionist organised their keys.

'Sounds perfect. Nice hot bath together too' she knew exactly what he needed to relax.

*****

The next morning Jack was due to report for the first session of Villa's pre-season training, and he was nervous because he knew all eyes would be on him. Every movement watched, trying to figure out if he was staying or going.

'I was thinking, I'll come down to training after my meeting with Esmé this morning, you know how much I love to watch you working out in your tight shorts' she said hugging him from behind as he pulled his Villa shirt on.

'I mean I'm not going to say no to you perving on me, so long as you act on it later' he said, turning to face her.

'Stranger things have happened' she smirked.

*****

Esmé was waiting for Amy to arrive, she wasn't sure of how positive the meeting was going to be, but Esmé was smiling. Surely that was a good sign.

'Amy, how are you feeling?' She asked cheerfully.

'A lot better now thank you'

'I'm so glad to hear that, you seriously had us all terrified' Esmé seemed genuinely concerned, which was good to hear.

'I was worried that all the scandal might affect things for me in terms of work. How has it been?' Amy wasn't sure what the current public opinion towards her would be.

'An absolute rollercoaster to be honest, at first it was a bit tense, but since it's all come out and you're being seen with Jack all over the place, people are falling over themselves to work with you'

'Wow, I seriously didn't expect that'

'Bring the girlfriend of the winning goal scorer for England is a pretty big deal' laughed Esmé. Amy had never really looked at it like that. She was just Amy, and Jack was just Jack. 'Now we've heard through the grapevine that Jack might be moving to city, so we're just looking to clarify your plans. Will you be moving too?'

'Nothing has been decided yet with Jack' she lied. 'But I have been doing a lot of thinking and made a decision about my future'

*****

Amy went along to catch the end of Jacks first day of pre-season training. She stood behind the rope at the side of the training ground next to the other fans who'd turned out to see the team train. There was a fair bit of pointing and whistling towards her, but on the whole Amy felt very welcome. They all knew her history with the club now, she was just one of them.

One woman had even brought her baby to see him. He was absolutely tiny in his little Villa kit. Amy felt a slight tug on her ovaries, this was different. The woman saw Amy looking.

'Do you want a cuddle?' She asked.

'Would you mind?' Amy replied.

'Not at all, his name is Jack too' the woman explained handing her the little boy. 'He's 3 months old'

'He's absolutely gorgeous' Amy said cradling him. It was the first baby she'd held in a long time.

'It suits you, maybe you and big Jack will be next'

'Not for a while yet' laughed Amy feeling flustered, and handing baby Jack back.

'Hey you, don't be getting any ideas' called Jack, as he took a water break.

'Never mind me getting ideas, you just concentrate on those sprints. You're looking a bit slow. McGinn, you're smashing though' she teased.

'Yeah, yeah, alright' he smirked. The fans were all laughing at their exchange.

*****

'How was that?' Amy asked, kissing him on the cheek. She'd watched the end of his training session, and then stood back and watched as he spoke to all the Villa supporters who had gathered. He was such a natural, and it was so obvious to see how much he cared about them.

'Bloody hard but I've missed it' he said wiping the sweat from his forehead.

'Your sprints weren't slow, I was just teasing'

'I know. Meatball was buzzing with the compliment though. So anyway, what's this you getting all broody though? I saw your face with that baby' he smirked

'He was cute, I dunno, maybe I'm warming to the idea'

'Seriously?' Asked Jack.

'Not for a long time, but yeah, maybe I can imagine it, but the soonest would be after I finish Uni next year'

'You're going back?' He couldn't believe it.

'Yes I am, to Stirling. I'm going to do media work at the weekend and stuff, but not as much as I was going to so we'll still have time together. I've cleared it all with the management company and it's fine' she explained.

'Stirling is so far away though' he kicked the grass, she could see that he was disappointed.

'Yeah, but it's for literally 9 more months. It gives us enough time to see how we feel about me moving in full time' she tried to explain her thinking to him. She didn't want to rush in, and knew without Uni she would.

'I guess'

'Don't sulk' she laughed.

'It's just going to be weird, it's like going back to how things were when we first went out when we were 16'

'And It did us no harm, did it? Look I know it's not going to be easy, but just think how worth it, it will be' she tried to convince him.

'I know. I'm just going to miss you'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 1.9K 35
"Oh, it's you." She frowns. After Hailey and Jack's rocky start, or rocky end, you might want to say. Will time bring them close together again?
61.2K 919 31
READ KEY TO MY HEART BEFORE THIS PLEASE! SPOILERS ARE IN THIS DESCRIPTION, SO PLEASE DON'T READ THIS EITHER :) *** Kylie Kane. A girl that is still s...
50.8K 452 70
Jack Grealish Fanfic- When Sophie goes on holiday with her 8 month daughter and ends up meeting Jack Grealish. What will happen once their back in th...