CONTENDER ✔

By Kinza244

Finding his first love in his office, Taehyung felt quite happy despite his financial problems. Little did he... More

1: Meeting her
2: Teenager crush
3: Avoiding the curse
4: Keep it up
5: Whipped
6: Helper
7: Happy
8: Mr. Jeon
9: Not so bad
10: Jerk!
11: Ache
12: Getting ready
13: A try
14: Worse
15: Worst
16: New boss
17: Lashing out
18: Break
19: Second time
20: Stressing over
21: Duality
22: Dead end
23: Robber
24: Failed
25: Home?
26: Homeless
27: His need
28: Masked
30: Trust
31: Misunderstanding?
32: Not alone
33: Special warmth
34: Free of an accusation
35: Strong to weak
36: Hurt or hate?
37: Culprit
38: Blind
39: Hate?
40: Talk
41: His Peace
42: Open up
43: Longing
44: Someone special
45: Reasons
46: Unexpected
47: Not again
48: Heartbroken
49: Once again
50: Contender
51: Love or Loved
52: Afraid
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: 1
Bonus Chapter: 2

29: Temporary home

6.6K 467 78
By Kinza244

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Are you sure? You can have a day off today." Jin asked for the nth time as he saw Taehyung getting ready to leave for the club with them.

After his breakdown and crying for about an hour or so, he finally made himself strong and masked his feelings once again. Jin and Namjoon were beyond worried but they kept quiet, noticing the hesitation of the brunet.

"I'm fine now hyung. I want the distraction." He replied shortly and zipped up his white hoodie after putting his mask and cap on. It was Jin's hoodie that was definitely big over his frame.

Hearing the reason now, Jin sighed and glanced over at Namjoon who nodded his head before leaving the house to start the car.

"Fine. Come on then." Taehyung nodded and simply followed the others.

The club wasn't far from their house and by now, Taehyung even remembered the whole way to both places. They were soon in the club, Jin and Namjoon went to the office while Taehyung went to the changing room to get his uniform.

His mask and cap were placed over the slab as he wore the apron when the door opened and Kai entered the room, only to gasp in surprise.

"My God! Hyung!" He squealed loudly but quickly shut his mouth when Taehyung looked horrified, hands trying to get his mask.

"Hey hey! Ok, don't be afraid of me." Kai quickly said and locked the door of the room, still keeping a good distance from the visibly panicking brunet.

Taehyung felt afraid and tried his best to leave the room as soon as possible to which Kai silently observed his actions with a light frown but smiled.

"You're so handsome hyung! And I thought you were hiding your face because of some mark or allergy." He chuckled after his remark to make the environment light but Taehyung remained silent and uncomfortable.

"Wait- you're shaking?" Kai looked surprised when he noticed the shaky hands of the other. Taehyung ignored his words and somehow managed to escape from the room in a hurry.

Rest of the evening, Taehyung avoided the younger who was side-eyeing him throughout. The gaze was so strong that he could feel the burns on his head. There was a constant fear in his heart for the whole time.

"Everything good?" Knowing that something was off, Jin asked with a smile, keeping a close eye on the brunet.

"Yes, hyung. Don't worry." He pressed it and tried his best to avoid the fear in his heart. Kai wasn't going to expose him, and who knows, if he actually knew about his past or not.

But, nothing much happened that night except for the burning gazes of the younger that Taehyung ignored the whole time.

Once they all entered the house in the morning, they were totally exhausted, especially Taehyung who was more tired after his crying session.

"Sleep well, Tae." Jin wished him and entered his room while Namjoon stayed behind for a bit. He walked to the younger and gently patted his shoulder.

"You're safe here, you know that right?" As if well aware of his insecurity, Namjoon started with a gentle tone, a voice filled with assurance.

Taehyung smiled lightly and nodded. "I'm very grateful for what you're doing for me. At such times when even my own family is blaming me-"

His words stuck in his throat on the realization that he just blurted out. Namjoon just sadly smiled and lightly hugged him.

"We are like your family as well. Just, trust us." Taehyung couldn't respond to that, his heart was hammering again as he recalled how his real family, his own mother accused him as well.

Namjoon noticed his dazed expression and decided to cut the chat short.

"Oh, what a busy night. I'm so tired-"

"KIM NAMJOON! BRING YOUR AS* HERE RIGHT NOW! YOU BROKE MY FAVOURITE VASE AGAIN!!" Jin yelled from the room and Namjoon's face turned pale while Taehyung gulped as well. Because, it was the first time he heard Jin yelling like that, totally mad.

"Pray for me Taehyung, I don't wanna die yet," Namjoon said like an innocent boy who was just summoned by his angry mother.

Taehyung nodded his head and saw the other slowly walking to his room and waving for a last time before closing the door.

He smiled unconsciously when he entered his room. It felt like a home, a real home. Where people live with their hearts filled with care, love and trust for each other. Home, Taehyung always wanted to have for himself, a perfect home.

____________

The next day, Taehyung felt much better and he tried his best to forget the words of his mother. Though it wasn't an easy task, still he tried.

Namjoon came out of his room with a bruised ear that was screaming in pain but the boy was smiling as if nothing happened.

Jin was still salty to him but with Taehyung, he was like nothing happened. He made breakfast for Taehyung but not for Namjoon and the poor boy had to make his own breakfast comprised of only slightly burnt toast with jam.

Jin spent his whole day with Taehyung, completely ignoring Namjoon who was sulking in the corner of the living room.

That day, Taehyung got to know much about the others as Jin was narrating his own life experiences like a story. It was quality time for him, getting to know the people who were actually trying their best to make him comfortable. Of course, he noticed why Jin was spending his time with him, to make him feel better.

Jin was very worried after he saw Taehyung breaking down the previous day. He just wanted to make sure that they actually cared for him, irrespective of his past but was Taehyung ready to tell them? The answer was no, a clear answer. He was still afraid of their reaction once they got to know him.

"Namjoon is going to make some fruit salad for us," Jin announced out of the blue, and Namjoon's face turned pale again. Well, the clumsy guy was too bad with knives and all.

"You'd do that, right?" Jin showed him a dangerous, sinister smile and in the next second, Namjoon was already in the kitchen.

"Make sure to keep your hands safe.!" He yelled after him.

Taehyung just watched, how both of them shared their bitter-sweet love perfectly. He witnessed, how Jin's whole demanding and angry aura changed into a scared and concerned one when Namjoon got a cut on his finger.

He witnessed, how Namjoon was looking at the other with hearty eyes as Jin continued scolding him while treating his wound. He witnessed it all and felt the need for this all for himself as well.

The night was young again when he was busy with his job. But for some unknown reason, he felt like someone was watching him continuously. His eyes roamed around for a while and noticed a group of boys and girls staring at him while laughing.

He ignored them and continued drying the glasses while Kai was busy serving a tap to a couple who was so cheesy that the younger was gagging after every second.

It was the weekend, and hence the club was more rushed than usual. In the rush, Taehyung felt many eyes looking at him or more like staring at him. He just wanted to end his shift soon and rest in the room, in his temporary home.

"Red wine, two servings." A boy said in front of him, dragging him away from his thoughts. He nodded and turned back to serve the order.

After a while, he placed the glasses on the counter but unfortunately, he missed the way the boy was smirking. It all happened in so much hurry, that he couldn't protect himself as the cold liquid was thrown over his face after his cap was snatched away.

The whole group of boys and girls burst into loud cheers and laughter as they saw Taehyung's mask soaked in the liquid.

"The hell! Why did you do that?!" Kai yelled at the boy who threw the wine over Taehyung but the whole group was very much satisfied with their act.

"Call Jin hyung!" Kai asked the other bartender who quickly rushed to the office to inform the older.

"Hyung?" Kai softly called Taehyung.

"I- I need to use the washroom," Taehyung muttered and rushed out of the counter but the same boy stopped him midway and another one removed his mask, leaving him bare-faced in front of the whole crowd.

Few gasps were heard around him, even in the loud music. The commotion got the attention of the many people in the big hall. A few were surprised by the action, a few were stunned by the handsome bartender, a few were trying to remember the face they just saw while others were not even interested.

Jin came out rushing once he heard the complaint. He frowned when he noticed the brunet standing in between the crowd, his mask in the hand of a boy who was also shocked for some reason.

"Hey! Isn't he the boy who was on social media weeks ago?"

"Oh yeah! The one who tried to rob his company but got caught?"

"That's why he was hiding his face!"

"Owner of the club should know about that."

Taehyung's body started shaking as he heard the words and the boy who was standing in front of him, stepped back with a guilty look. The whole crowd was already broken in sort of whispering and Taehyung just wanted to run away from there but found his legs jammed.

"What's happening here? You're not allowed to harass my staff! Kai, call the police." Namjoon seethed, noticing the tension but Jin was just standing at a distance.

On hearing Namjoon's voice, Taehyung came back to his senses and he squeezed himself out of the crowd as people were gathering around him with their phones.

Namjoon lightly pushed Jin who nodded before rushing behind Taehyung.

"It- it was a mistake. Please, don't involve the police. It was just a dare, please sir." The boy, who threw the wine, pleaded with Namjoon who was looking very mad.

"You've no idea, what you've done." The former boy hung his head low with his group feeling the same.

"Taehyung!" Jin called the other who was running out of the club but the brunet wasn't ready to witness disgust in the eyes that were filled with kindness till the evening. His fear was in front of his eyes, once again.

He kept running, until he bumped into someone's chest, two arms quickly wrapping around his body to protect him from falling.

His body reacted on its own as he pushed the other back and was about to run again but was stopped by the voice.

"Kim- stop!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Assalam o alaikum. :> let's begin the real story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 21.5K 55
'' So, you are Jeon Jungkook?...Second closest person to Taehyung?'' Bogum asked with a smile. '' Nah....First.'' Jungkook replied smugly. '' Huh?" B...
137K 7.4K 43
"Do you think universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences. My life was full of chaos, the cha...
111K 4.1K 50
MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH- Not a happy ending... But i will make book 2.. there might be happy ending! Taekook book A short one.. Heavy angst.. I wa...
992K 48.9K 44
(EDITED) Taehyung was a sassy boy who never gave a shit about anyone.. everyone just wanted to claim him but he never let this happen. Jungkook bein...