With The Beatles

By angelthefirstcolumn

Fame can literally change a person and forget who they really are. What happens when the arrogant fab four s... More

With The Beatles
Take 1
Take 2
Take 3
Take 4
Take 5
Take 6
Take 7
Take 8
Take 9
Take 10
Take 11
Take 12
Take 13
Take 14
Take 15
Take 16
Take 17
Take 18
Take 19
Take 20
Take 21
Take 22
Take 23
Take 24
Take 25
Take 26
Take 27
Take 28
Take 29
Take 30
Take 31
Take 32
Take 33
Take 34
Take 35
Take 36
Take 37
Take 38
Interlude
Take 39
Take 40
Y'know

The Final Take

194 6 8
By angelthefirstcolumn

AUGUST 2021

JUDE's P.O.V.

It would be very common for me to say that this was it. The day we've all been waiting for in our lives. But that would make things boring and people would eventually yawn and ignore the rest of what I'm going to say.

At least... that will be James' problem, not mine.

"But what if nobody listens to me? The time spent on making that goddamn speech would be wasted." James scratches his head, I did so too.

"You'll do just fine! You know what Paul McCartney always say. Just, let it be." I said while fixing his tie.

"As if it was that easy."

That was our scene backstage before the program started, he was sweating like an outrageous fountain. Being the useless girlfriend I was, I'd just laugh at him and told him to suck it up, as John Lennon would typically say.

Rest assured, I'll be supporting him from afar.

As part of the university's notable ceremony, special people were invited to give recognition to all the completers. Considering that Eroda University is the first and only college state in the country, it was in deep honour and privilege to welcome these guests.

One of them is Mr. Ignacio; the president of Eroda University, Sir Ryne; the Dean of the engineering department, his excellency; Mr. Odrigo Odinson, and of course...

"...musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, author, astrophysicist, university administrator, and the lead guitarist of the rock band Queen, Dr. Brian Harold May, may we invite you up on our stage to salute our newly graduates."

That's why, out of the many times my name has been called on stage for recognition, this moment has to be the best of the best.

Imagine graduating and getting a free handshake from one of your musical heroes.

Like Brian May.

Of Queen.

I think I might melt on the spot.

Does my hair even look good?

His is still curly and awfully fabulous.

I mean—

"Hello Jude," the rockstar greets, "It's nice to see you again."

"I'll look forward to see you graduate on your chem course."

I smiled, unlike my short meeting with the president and Dean a few seconds ago, I knew this is bound to be different. Not only did I receive my diploma and medals from him...

He pulls me in for a warm hug, "Freddie, Roger, and Deaky send their regards."

It was as if the world stopped but technically it didn't. Not caring about the looks everyone in the venue is flashing at our direction, we just let the person after me walk past us as the lead guitarist and I indulged this moment between us.

"Thank you for remembering."

And now the moment we've all been waiting for, "Ladies and gentlemen, we proudly present to you; Eroda University's highest top notcher, our dearest Valedictorian, Mr. James Paul Stark!"

Everyone did a round of applause as my bespectacled boyfriend goes to the podium wearing a black robe and cap like the rest of us sitting in front of the decorated stage.

Our graduation may have been late due to the pandemic but at least Eroda is back to normal. Thanks to the Odinsons and the resiliency of the people of Eroda.

Now all that really matters is that we're graduating. After years of going to school, doing endless paperworks and pending deadlines here and there, it's all coming to an end while we enter a new phase of adulthood.

James glanced at me with a smile as he clears his throat before speaking, "Time flies oddly fast, doesn't it? Strangely it feels like it was just yesterday when all our troubles seems so far away. But guess what, now it looks as though they're not here to stay."

The over and the middle-aged people in the venue can't help but chuckle at the song lyrics James just punched in. Considering that he had practised that a million times in front of me and Agatha, their reactions didn't surprise us.

"Everyday has been a hard day's night for all of us. Whether you're a student, a teacher, a parent, a friend, or a rockstar, some of us had wished for some things to be over." James enumerated, "The madness,"

"I-I know it's hard to believe, but you guys are in the year 2018."

"confusion,"

"It was as if there's no reason for us to stay here anymore."

"heartbreak,"

"Okay, sweet, calm down. It's okay, he's just a guy."

"frustration,"

"I don't want to be alone again!"

"and the wacky changes that are happening around us."

"What's a Beatles?"

I swallowed hard as my mind recalled everything related to his terms. No matter how hard I try to sweep those thoughts away, it just kept coming back. It's been nearly two years, for Tchaikovsky's sake.

Time flies so fast, indeed.

"But, let's admit it, at some point we wished that some moments in our lives will last forever. Doesn't matter if we disobey the law of physics and time. If we could only control the hands of the clock, we probably went back to the times where we were just laughing with our loved ones,"

"HAHAHA George got his mouth wide opened here!"

"spending time with our parents,"

"I love you, Jude."

"I love you too, dad."

"making new friends,"

"Who cares? My friends are all fake, anyway." 

"Not all."

"expressing ourselves to other people,"

"I love you, Judy Parker."

"and all of the small stuff that filled our hearts with pure happiness and made us feel loved."

"THAT'S OUR LITTLE BIRDIE!"

"Judy, are you alright?" Agatha asks me from a few rows at front. This made the other fellow students turn to me in concern.

I nodded in reassurance, even though deep inside I just wanted to burst out again. "I'm fine, no worries."

We looked back at James who continued to deliver his speech, "I'm not saying that all these are coming to an end. Time is constant, it only moves forward. As of now we don't have enough resources to make a time machine in order for us to relive the past or take a look at the future."

If there wasn't any people around, I probably stood up from my seat and booed his statement. I mentally laughed at the imaginary scenario.

And here I am, claiming to be the useless but supportive girlfriend.

"That's why, every minute spent with the special people in our lives shall be treasured deeply. We never know we'll keep longing for those moments when it's gone. Our minds may not take hold of those memories but our hearts will." Everyone clapped at his wholesome statement.

"Even if we'll eventually forget about all this, we want you to continue living your life with the memories we made together."

"So uh... I'd be straightforward now. I would like to thank the engineering department's Dean, Sir Ryne and to our other professors, as well.

"To our friends who have been a helping hand at all times, we're all in this together. And of course, to my mom and dad who let me take up my course here in Eroda's University. Biggest salute to all of our proud parents for we wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for them." Once again, everyone gave a round of applause. With Mr. and Mrs. Stark tearing up in their seats as I checked.

Thinking it's over since that was all I remembered rehearsing with him, I was already preparing to stand up but then at the corner of my eye I saw Agatha smirking at my direction.

As I looked up, our Quantum Physics professor handed me a bouquet of flowers to which made everyone mumble to each other. Even Sir Brian May was giggling at my mishap. Feeling my face heating up, I shakily accepted the flowers.

What on George's sandwiches is going on?!

"And of course, to my real love, Jude." This time, the crowd roared so loud that I was getting deaf I couldn't make out what James was saying.

"...I'd always thank the Beatles for making our paths cross. Just like what they always say, love is all we need. You're all I need."

While everyone was going wild, cheering for us, I was literally crying with a ridiculous smile was on my flustered face. Seriously why do I have to cry all the freakin' time?

"Love, how many times do we have to tell you to don't cry whenever we sing to you?"

James Paul Stark, you adorable bastard, always know how to make my heart race.

"Once again, my name is James Paul Stark.  Congratulations to all of us and good luck for the future that awaits. Peace and love!"

Since too much cliché had already happened today, James and I didn't bother joining the iconic tossing our caps in the air moment and directly left the venue. Unfortunately we couldn't find Agatha anywhere so she must've already left with her dad like the rest of us.

Instead of a blow-out graduation party, dad decided to treat me dinner at this cute restaurant that had just opened last week called Jollibee. James and his parents also insisted on joining us which was fine.

Though I was really looking forward on spending time with dad alone, I guess this will do. There's always a next time.

"So tell me, Jude. How did James got to confess his feelings to you?" I clenched my teeth at Mrs. Stark's question. Awkwardly I replied, "He uhh... took me to the seaside and got his whole statement prepared."

"Let me guess, he compiled every romantic Beatles lyrics and stared into your eyes before kis—"

"Eleanor, stop nudging the kids about their relationship. It's their business, not ours." Mrs. Stark contrasted to her husband's statement. "Oh come on, you know we were once like them. You used the Beatles songs in confessing your love for me when we were teenagers."

Mr. Stark blushed a cute shade of scarlet so dad intervenes, "Actually that's what I did when I proposed to Jude's mother. I knew how to play guitar so I sang 'For You Blue' to her. The Beatles songs are indeed perfect for lovely occasions, really."

We all agreed to that. Music really does play a big part in building some relationships.

Mrs. Stark was the jolly one that kept our conversations rolling. So after talking about the Beatles and all that fangirling stuff, she asks, "Say, Jude. When are you planning to go back to London?"

I shook my head, "Oh no, I'm just staying here in Eroda. Agatha and I are planning to apply at the Powerzone."

"But we'll bring James with us by the end of September. We thought you're coming with him. Has he even told you that he's leaving?" Mr. Stark questioned.

Dad was about to response for me but I won him out first, "He did. W-We're still talking about it."

The whole table fell silent, especially James who shrunk on his seat.

He never told me.

Soon dad brings up a new topic about business for them, grownups to talk about. Not bothering to take another glance at James, I continued to eat our meal and set aside the issue for the mean time.

After that awkward but lovely dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Stark bids their farewells to us and told James that they'll come back to get him once he's ready.

Whereas dad said that he'll be back next week to visit me again. After pecking a kiss on my forehead, he and the Starks left, riding on their private limousine on their way back to London. As for me and James...

"Jude, I—"

"We'll talk about it next time." I told him and reached for his hand to squeeze it, "Let's go to D'Oldies."

Still wearing our formal attires from earlier's ceremony, we walked our way towards the club that literally held a lot of memories. With me wearing an emerald cocktail turtle neck dress and my hair curled in place, James was wearing a formal suit and tie. His usual mop-topped hairstyle totally gave it away and for a moment, I looked like I was dating a Beatle from the past.

"Ah! Here comes our newly graduates!" Olivia Odinson's loud voice made everyone at their table turn their heads at us and cheered. For someone extremely busy in dispersing the poverty of Eroda, it's a good thing she still finds time in enjoying herself with our friends.

"Congratulations, Jude and James! It's very nice of you to come here." Aunt Julianne says, still looking younger as ever because of the less stress in her life. "Thanks, you didn't bring Peter with you?"

"Oh he's spending quality time with his father. I thought of taking the day off here since Madame Jane invited me."

The old lady smiled. Unlike two years ago, her white hair had dominated among her red ones. But as always, she's still fabulous and stunning as she will ever be. "Come sit with us. T'Challa's shift is almost over."

"Pfft, I told him a million times that he could just retire. He's already earning enough from his charity programs. He  could just focus on his studies, geez." Olivia scratches her head so I can't help but ask, "What did he take?"

"Dissertation Advisement in Philosophy and Education." A deep voice replied. It's amazing how this man totally transformed from a lost thief to a charity ambassador to a Philosophy student in two years. "Too bad you two are leaving the university when I just newly enrolled."

We laughed, "You're never too late, mate. Who knows you'll be able to teach philosophy to our children soon." James says. Oh no, not this—

"Ooh do I smell an engagement there?" Olivia teases to which everyone squeals in excitement. I blinked several times and smiled awkwardly at them while James tries to hide his tomato-coloured face.

"Let's not pressure the kids. They still have a long way to go." We smirked at Madame Jane's statement. Guess that's what happens when you broke off from an engagement from a five year relationship.

"Nah, who needs marriage anyway." Aunt Julianne sighs to which we all faked our coughs to tease her. T'Challa pouted, "Okay, enough about marriage and engagements. Miss Olivia and I can't relate."

The heiress rolled her eyes playfully, "Whatever. What really matters right now is that Jude and James are done with school." Then she raised her glass, "To everyone's future!"

"To everyone's future!"

Deep inside, I winced at the term. After the crazy events that happened two years ago, we really learned that whatever happens in the past will greatly affect the future in one way or another.

Especially when you're someone influential and some people really depends on you for some reason. One small thing can already change a person's life without them knowing it beforehand.

"Jude, there you are!" I smiled as I turned my head to the familiar lovable voice that called my name, as what he would always do when he sees me here.

"Hi, Uncle Eddie. Great to see you dashing as ever." James compliments the old man's stylish way of clothing. "You know I never I dress up like this unless there's a special occasion. Congratulations, you two!"

Surprisingly, nothing changed about Uncle Eddie when everything got back to normal. He's still the same retired old man from the army but he's not a lonely drunkard anymore.

"I'll never be tired of staring at this photo all day." He brags at one of the black and white photographs hanged on the walls of D'Oldies club.

It was a picture of him, hanging out with the Beatles at this same club in 1966.

See, this was one of the biggest changes that occurred during this time around. It was a year ago when Mr. Frederickson had put up the old pictures of various public figures that visited the club ever since it opened in the 60's. Princess Diana, Queen Elizabeth, Marilyn Monroe, Harry Styles, Barack Obama, Freddie Mercury and the other members of Queen, you name it.

But the most legendary of them all was the very first artist that had ever visited this club.

"They performed at the grand opening day of the club. I'll never forget that moment and the words we shared to each other." James and I sighed, "You told that story for over a hundred times, Uncle Ed. We knew, they were the ones that advised you to come home to your wife."

"That's right. It's a good thing I followed their advice. Oh, speaking of, I want you to meet someone."

Curious by this, we followed the old man to where he was heading to and told the people at the other table that we'll be back shortly.

"Jude, James, I want you to meet my fabulous four sons." Our jaws dropped at his claim. We stopped at the table where handsome men in their thirty's smiled at us in greeting.

Uncle Eddie chuckled, "This is John, George, Ringo, and—"

"It's three sons and a daughter. Why does everyone always expect me to be a man?" One of them spoke. "I'm Pauline."

With James and I processing what was just introduced in front of us, we shook hands with each of them. "You didn't tell us you had children."

"I didn't?"

"Yeah! Let alone naming them after our favourite band!" I waved my hands in total amazement.

They're so handsome despite being in their thirty's and Pauline is such a pretty little thing!

"It was Nora's idea. Besides, they can be a fab four." Uncle Eddie says proudly.

One of his sons, John says, "Our dad told us a lot about you, Jude. He says you're a big Beatles fan."

Pauline gasps, "So you're the one whom he gave that lyric book. Gosh, I'm glad it's in safe hands."

"Y-Yes." Was all I could mutter. I'm too overwhelmed at the news of Uncle Eddie having children that I didn't know how to act normally in front of them.

They never existed in the first place, y'know.

"So would you care to stay here a little longer? Our band is about to perform on stage any minute now." Ringo the son says.

Stunned James asked, "You play in a band?"

It was George the son who chuckled nervously, "Y-Yeah. We're huge Beatles fans too so we learned how to play music and perform them."

"We call ourselves the Skittles. Y'know, 'coz it rhymes." Pauline giggles to which I joined, "O-Of course, we just had a table with our friends over there."

"That's gear! Enjoy the show, then." John gives a salute before he and his siblings went off to the backstage of the club.

Still awestrucked at what we just witnessed, we turned to Uncle Eddie, "We're so proud of you! You and Nora got to bore such talented children!" James and I hugged the old man which made him terribly puzzled.

"Uhm, I don't know what's gone into the both of you but... thank you. I'm glad to have grandchildren like you even if it's not by blood."

Indeed, I wouldn't have this man as a grandfather if it weren't for them.

"Good evening, people of Eroda. We are the Skittles and we'd like to sing this wonderful song to those who are feeling content on what they have today." George spoke through the microphone. "Hit it!"

With Pauline on the piano, John and George on guitars, and Ringo on percussion behind them, they started playing a happy tune to one of the most iconic songs in history.

"Desmond has a barrow in the market place,

Molly is the singer in a band,

Desmond says to Molly "girl I like your face",

And Molly says this as she takes him by the hand,

Ob-la-di ob-la-da, life goes on bra!

La-la how the life goes on,

Ob-la-di ob-la-da, life goes on bra!

La-la how the life goes on."

We went back to our table where just like everyone in this club, Aunt Julianne, Madame Jane, T'Challa and Olivia are dancing along to the jolly music playing inside the club.

I sighed on how it feels good to have this ambiance in the club again.

"Desmond takes a trolley to the jeweller's stores,

Buys a twenty carat golden ring,

Takes it back to Molly waiting at the door,

And as he gives it to her she begins to sing,

Ob-la-di ob-la-da, life goes on bra!

La-la how the life goes on,

Ob-la-di ob-la-da, life goes on bra!

La-la how the life goes on, yeah!

"No wonder they call it D'Oldies." James says as we danced with everyone else. "What do you mean?"

"This feels all-time no matter what your age is, don't you think?" Because technically, the Beatles music will always be timeless.

"In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home,

With a couple of kids running in the yard,

Of Desmond and Molly Jones,

Happy ever after in the market place,

Desmond lets the children lend a hand,

Molly stays at home and does her pretty face,

And in the evening she still sings it with the band,

Yes, ob-la-di ob-la-da, life goes on bra!

La-la how the life goes on,

Hey, ob-la-di ob-la-da, life goes on bra!

La-la how the life goes on.

And if you want some fun,

Take ob-la-di ob-la-da!"

Just like what dad had promised, he came back to me a week later.

To be honest, I really didn't want to go back to London. But seeing that this is the only reason I have left, I took the chance and went hand in hand with dad.

"Hello, mum. I'm sorry it took a long time to visit you again." I said, kneeling in front of the grave of my adoring mother. "As you can see, dad and I are doing well. I hope you're also doing alright wherever you are."

We started lighting up some candles and after a moment of silence with our prayers, dad takes out something I haven't seen in a long time.

With his guitar in hand, he sat beside me and sighed, "Hey sweetheart, I'm sorry for everything. I realized a lot of things and I hated doing so when you were gone. Knowing you, you probably already slapped me hard on the face."

I giggled, "Dad, just get on with it. If mum was here, she would have already hit you out of enthusiasm."

"Fine. This is for you and Judy, sweetheart." That's when he started singing along to the chords he was strumming to. It's a bit crappy since it's literally been a long time since he played. But even so, I knew mum would still feel the butterflies no matter what age dad plays it to her.

"Because you're sweet and lovely girl, I love you,

Because you're sweet and lovely girl, it's true

I love you more than ever girl, I do~

I want you in the morning girl, I love you,

I want you at the moment I feel blue,

I'm living every moment girl for you~"

The song held so many memories between him and mum. Seeing my dad singing it again but for mum's grave was a painful but beautiful sight to live in.

"I've loved you from the moment I saw you,

You looked at me that's all you had to do,

I feel it now I hope you feel it too~"

The days had passed so quickly and it was already the first week of September. Agatha and I had already applied for a spot at the Powerzone and we're just about to start on the second week.

But even if we were so excited for the new responsibility we had worked hard for, we thought of relaxing ourselves and hang out like the besties we ought to be.

Considering that I never had a best friend before, I thought of bringing her to one of the most special places that's very close to my heart.

"So this is Paul... George and... John?" I shook my head with a giggle, "No, that's Ringo. The last one on the right here is John."

"Gosh, they almost look the same with those hairstyles. Now I know where James got his sense of style." Agatha crossed her arms. "Well, sister, meet our heroes, the Beatles and their hometown."

We took selfies by the bronze statues at Pier Head. We did the same with the Eleanor Rigby statue at Stanley street and John Lennon's statue at Matthew street by the Cavern club. I forgot to acknowledge that these weren't here during the first time I visited the place.

"Oh wow, why do I feel like I heard this before? Is this from a song or something?" Agatha asked. "You're right, it's Penny Lane. Come on, let's walk around."

With the song playing on my phone and earphones plugged into our ears, I showed her the barber shop, the bus shelter in the middle of the roundabout, the firemen, and even the pretty nurse that's selling poppies from a tray.

"You know, the blue suburban skies also adds up." She says with a thumbs up. "How about we also go to this place you always talk about?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Strawberry Field?"

"Yeah, that one." Feeling quite surprised at the fact that Agatha actually listens to my fangirl stories whenever we talk, I granted her request and made a turn to Beaconsfield road.

Once again, memories of the last time I went here came flashing back again.

"Because this is not supposed to be in Eroda! Geez!"

When we came across Arnold Grove, Madryn Street, Forthlin Road, and Menlove Avenue, my chest felt lighter after seeing them doing good like it was always supposed to be.

And seeing the red Victorian gates for the nth time, I was just glad that it's back to its rightful place again.

After that meaningful date with her, we were all set for the first day at work. Since I've been an intern here for five years, I made sure to show Agatha around and tell her certain stuff that she needs to be careful around.

"Damn, I can't believe I'm able to work here after planning to leave Eroda two years ago." Agatha muttered under her breathe. I patted her shoulder in comfort, "I know, I'm nervous, too."

"Jude? Agatha?" We turned our heads to the voice that just called our names. "Oh hi, Cedric."

"Hello, fancy meeting you girls here. Is it your first day?" I nodded at him, "Yes, I suppose it's your first day, too?"

"Yeah, yeah. Boy, am I glad to see familiar people."

Soon, our supervisor called Agatha and the other fresh newbies to be assigned at the Forensics area. With Cedric and I being known to be interns with an outstanding experience in this company, they led us to the main powerplant zone.

Holy crabalocker fishwife, getting to smell all that gasoline and machines had always been my childhood dream.

Not to mention, all this radiation, too. I guess this is what time travelling feels like.

"Isn't James supposed to be here, too?" Cedric striked a conversation with me while our heads are extremely focused on the wires we're working on.

Casually, I replied, "He's heading to London at the end of September."

"And you're fine with that?" I sighed, "I'm used to being left behind, no worries."

He snickered, "Oh come on, I never left you. We're together now, aren't we?"

"Err, yeah. I guess that just happens when you're used to someone always being there for you." As much as I still admired Cedric being friendly all the time, I couldn't find the courage to think positive about the situation.

The bespectacled lad doesn't speak for a moment till, "Have you guys ever talked about it? I mean, I do not intend to intervene in your relationship or anything. You and James are dear friends of mine. Seeing you with him gives me reassurance that you're doing fine after I..."

Removing my hands away from the tank, I closed it shut before facing him. We were wearing our protective helmet and suit so we couldn't see each other entirely except for our eyes.

"It's alright, Cedric. I appreciate your concern for the both of us. I'm just not ready to talk about it with him yet... let alone, be in a long distance relationship."

"Well, at some point you had to work it out. Just keep in mind that I'm always here when you needed me." I snorted at this, "You always said that to me back in highschool."

It was mainly the reason why I fell for him that easily.

The handsome lad only chuckled in his helmet, "That's because it's true. You know what they say..."

"We get by with a little help from our friends."

We both laughed softly at our statement being said at the same time. We'll be doomed if they find us lurking about during work hours. We wouldn't want that to happen at our first day.

As much as I try my best to keep away from that issue as much as possible, I knew there'll come a time I have to face it.

Damn knickers, how I hated the last time I felt this way. I got so carried away in having the Beatles with me that it felt so heavy to let them go in one night.

And now with James...

"Here comes my favourite part." My boyfriend says as we were watching 'A Hard Day's Night'. We're already at the part where Ringo was parading on his own and he helps a lady crossing through a muddy path but accidentally making her fall into an underground hole.

Seriously no matter how many times we watched this, it never fails to make us laugh.

It's the third weekend of September and we thought of hanging out just the two of us here at my home, re-watching Beatles movies while we cuddle at the sofa with some ice cream he bought.

Featuring Martha the cat, of course. But no ice cream for her.

See the ironic thing is that we weren't paying much attention to the film since what really matters is our moment.

In which I'm not ready to end just yet.

"Hey Jude?"

I bit my lip, this is it. "Yes, James?"

"Don't make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better." I laughed and lightly slapped the reachable part of his face. "I'm serious."

"I didn't told you to be serious."

"But you and I both know we should be." I got up from our comfortable position and faced him with a soft expression.

I can never get angry at someone. If ever I do, I always end up crying as if I was the victim in all that mess. James admires that and he always tries hard not to abuse that side of me.

He fixes his glasses and sighed, "You do know I'll never do anything to betray you. Even if we're away from each other, my mind would always find its way to think about you."

"That's what the Beatles told me, too." Hearing those words, he turned the television off and stood up. 

Puzzled by his reaction, I watched him bend over to the shelves where my vinyls are neatly arranged by its artists. As expected, he takes one from the long stock of Beatles records and goes to make it play on the gramophone.

James walks back to me and lifts me up so we were the same level.

Seriously, this was the attractive guy I used to ignore unless he brings up something about the Beatles? What a shame on me.

He cups my cheeks and plants a kiss on my forehead before wrapping me in his arms real tight.

Paul steps forward to give me a kiss on the forehead while John gives me a bear hug as a farewell.

"I may not be a legendary rockstar, but there's one thing the Beatles and I have in common."

"What is that?" He smiled as if he was waiting for the music on the gramophone to start but then...

"Number nine,

Number nine,

Number nine,

Number nine..."

The tear that was about to fall from my eye suddenly backed away and I bursted out laughing instead. He must've fell for one of my booby traps.

"You swapped them?" I only shrugged in answer and smirked while watching James look for the real record he was intending to punch in.

As soon as he found it, he came back to me. "Okay, let's do that again.

"I may not be a legendary rockstar, but there's one thing the Beatles and I have in common."

Wiping my tears away, I smiled while I furrowed my eyebrows at him in question, "And that is?"

"We love you."

That's when the music from the gramophone starts playing a melodic piano to the beginning of a song that holds a lot of significant value.

And at that moment, James and I stood close to each other staring into each other's eyes with a smile.

"All my little plans and schemes,

Lost like some forgotten dreams,

Seems that all I really was doing,

Was waiting for you...

Just like little girls and boys,

Playing with their little toys,

Seems like all they really were doing,

Was waiting for love..."

It was just like what my mum and dad did that rainy day. Together, James and I danced around the kitchen and living room. Swaying our bodies to the incomparable voice of the one and only John Lennon, along with his best mates in the whole world.

In which makes them all indeed, legendary.

"Don't need to be alone,

No need to be alone,

It's real love, it's real,

Yes it's real love, it's real...

As expected, my boyfriend left for London after the night we spent together. But this time, I let him go with a weightless heart filled with hope.

This is the future, for Tchaikovsky's sake. It's not like we have to wait for each other's letters everyday and please mister postman.

If there's another thing that James and the Beatles have in common, is that they both give me a reason to keep on going.

"From this moment on I know,

Exactly where my life will go,

Seems that all I really was doing,

Was waiting for love...

Don't need to be afraid,

No need to be afraid,

It's real love, it's real,

Yes it's real love, it's real..."

There's absolutely nothing wrong in loving something. Especially when it gives us extraordinary happiness and inspiration all throughout our lives.

For me, the Beatles aren't just a band to listen and fangirl to. Not only do they change the world by existing, they literally came into my life to fix every shattered part of it.

And people call me obsessed? Ha! They wouldn't understand.

Nobody would.

So if someone understands you even if you don't express yourself, cherish them. It's not all the time that we get to live with the people who has always been there for us. At some point they had to leave because time only moves forward to keep it going.

Ringo, George, Paul, and John may have left and forgotten, our pictures and recordings together may be vanished into thin air...

But deep inside the ventricles of our hearts, our memories will forever be remembered.

Just like the legacy they left to the world.

"Thought I'd been in love before,

But in my heart, I wanted more,

Seems like all I really was doing,

Was waiting for you...

Don't need to be alone,

It's real love, it's real,

Yes it's real love, it's real..."

Hearing the sound of the oven that indicates the cake is ready, I wore my baking gloves to carefully pull the tray out.

It's the 24th of September. As a tradition I made up, I thought of throwing a simple celebration every year to reminisce the day all my wishes had come true.

This made me glance at the golden picture frame with a smile. Showing the beautiful seaside and the four handsome men that was with me in the photo

Usually I'd invite James and a few friends over but today I heard that everyone's busy with their own thing going. So I just made myself a small cake and some sandwiches of George Harrison's type. I'm used to doing all these stuff alone, anyway.

As one of my new hobbies, I sat back on the couch and opened the notebook I got from my birthday in 2019. I never really like looking back at the journals I've written but considering this one had different contents, I find myself smiling while reading them.

Because... they're the only legal records left that they were here with me.

Suddenly, a series of knocks came from the door of my home. This made Martha the cat meow repeatedly like a dog excited to meet his owner.

That's queer, I don't remember inviting anyone today.

"Coming! Geez, don't they know what patience is?" I muttered to myself as whoever's at the door kept knocking nonstop.

I swung the door open to see two men in their seventy's, both wearing semi-formal clothing. One's got his hair all white and I could tell he's a handsome chap when he was young. Whereas the shorter one surprisingly got to maintain his black hair at his old age. The latter removed his sunglasses for me to see the bluest eyes in the world.

My jaw dropped.

My heart was racing.

"Hey, Jude. Sorry if it took us a long time. As you can see, George and John couldn't make it still, y'kno—"

Immediately, I jumped out to embrace them out of complete misery.

With tears continuously falling down from my eyes, I felt Paul and Ringo's gentle hands rub my back gently in comfort, just like what they alwayd did.

"Y-You remembered."

Ringo chuckled, "Told ya we'll be back."

- - - - - - - - - -

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." The Beatles - The End

WAAAAHHHAISLMWOXMSNXBLQODNSKWIDHXMSLKS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 56.8K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 40.5K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
240K 7K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1M 64.7K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...