Carlo

By writer_LB

Book one of Carlo Life is a beautiful lie that everyone chooses to live and believe, and death is that evil t... More

Hey
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Aesthetic
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 76
</3

Chapter 75

5.9K 156 161
By writer_LB

CARLO'S POV:

My leg bounces anxiously as I wait for Adelaide to get back from the bathroom, Rico keeps staring over at one of the doors.

The sound of my phone ringing makes me jump slightly, I reach into my jacket pocket and pull it out answering instantly.

"Don't go to that party!" Alessia's voice shouts down the phone and it sounds like she's running. "Come on Nicola, where's Ricardo?" I hear her say away from the phone.

"What are you on about?" I question.

She pauses for a second. "You're there aren't you?" She mumbles asking herself so I wait for her to get to the point. "You need to get Adelaide out of there."

Adelaide...

"Why, Alessia?" I question standing up. The men we brought with us all look at me. I hold my finger to my earpiece. "Look for Adelaide."

"She's not with you!?" Alessia shouts once more.

I start to walk down the hallway where I saw Adelaide go down. "What the fuck is going on?"

"Someone's after her."

I hang up on the phone immediately and start to run down the hallway opening every door I come across.

"Boss, the cameras are glitching. I can't see where she is."

Fucks sake.

"Keep trying."

I get to one of the bathrooms and open up the door searching everywhere inside. Opening one of the cabinets Adelaide's purse is hidden slightly inside with a little blood on the hood clasp.

On the floor is a bloody handprint that's been dragged looking as if she was dragged. I walk back out quickly, pocketing her purse, "Hey Carlo." A girl's voice says standing across the hallway in front of me. "She's not here."

****

Start flashback: (from Chapter 61)

"She's not in the room." The girl beside me mumbles. I look back at her and she's still staring at me.

End of flashback:

****

"Where is she?" I order walking up to her angry.

The men run up to me surrounding the girl. She doesn't say anything, just smiles.

"Where the fuck is she?!" I shout grabbing ahold of her throat tightly and pushing her against the wall lifting her up slightly so she's on her tiptoes. "Want to tell me now?"

"N-no." She chokes out, her face going a mixture of red and purple. Her fingernails claw at my hand but I just squeeze harder.

"CARLO!"

I let go of the girl's neck almost immediately, she gasps around on the floor holding her throat that is already starting to bruise my handprint onto it. "Take her."

I turn around to the source of who shouted my name.

Rico.

"Of course." I mock and walk up to him punching him in the jaw. "Tell me where she is!" I scream.

Rico laughs a little whilst wiping his blood off himself.

I pull a gun out and point it at his head, "Tell me. Right now."

"You won't shoot me." He protests standing up from off the floor.

I press the gun to his head. "Wanna bet? Tell me where my wife is!" I shout once more.

"No." He whispers, I take the safety off the gun as I feel even more pissed off by the second.

A loud bang sounds around the hallway and Rico's body falls to the ground limp, a bloody hole in the side of his head.

I look to the side to see my mom staring at him.

"Why would you do that?" I whisper in shock as I feel tears well up in my eyes.

I could've beat him into telling me where Adelaide is.

"What do you mean why would I do that?" She looks at me disgusted.

"He's- he was the only one here who could tell where she is." I feel my heart crack.

She looks a little shocked and guilty.

"Fuck!" I shout as tears run down my face. I slam my fists into the wall beside me.

"Boss, the cameras are back up. She's at the exit on the side, you're going to have to go through the ballroom again to get there."

Ignoring my mom I walk over to the three men left inside with me.

"Names." I order taking two AKs.

"Jonathon." The one with light brown hair and blue eyes says.

"Marco." The one with dark blond hair and brown eyes says.

"Xavier." The one with dark brown hair and brown eyes says.

They all tell me their names whilst we walk down the hallway back over to the ballroom. When we get to the door I turn to them.

"Kill anyone until we get Adelaide."

They nod their heads and we storm in, the front door bursts open as more of my men get inside shooting anyone.

I rush over to the side exit shooting at the people who have now pulled their own guns out.

Jonathon, Marco, and Xavier follow after me. We get out of the doors just in time for a black van to pull away. I start shooting at it but the windows are bullet proof.

I shoot the tires but the van swerves around.

Standing in numbness as I stare off at where they drove off I become panicky.

"Boss?" A hand gets placed onto my shoulder, I turn my head to see Xavier looking at me. "We'll get her back okay?"

"She promised she'd come back." I whisper as a lone tear falls down my cheek.

"Even if she promised it's not her fault she didn't get back. She just got kidnapped, that's not on her." He glares at me slightly.

I nod my head. "Right."

I go into my pocket and pull out her purse, the three of them go inside once the gunshots have stopped.

Opening up the purse I fall to my knees and take everything out, a lipgloss falls out, a small handgun, her wedding ring, and three white sticks.

Ignoring the white things because I don't know what they are, I pick up her ring, "Why would she take it off?" I mumble to myself.

"She was smart to do that." I look up and see my mom crouching down in front of me.

"Her ring has a tracker, I would've been able to find her easier."

"They would've took it away from her anyways, possibly even chop her finger off to get it away." She picks up the three white things. "You should probably look at these."

She turns them around and I realise that they're pregnancy tests.

Furrowing my eyebrows I take them from her hand and look at them carefully. Tears flood my eyes as I look back at my mom.

"Fuck!" I sob and shout at the same time.

Standing up I throw everything away from me including her ring and storm back inside the building.

"I want ten SUVs driving north and seeing if there's any clues as to where she is. I want tech on the cameras, get through that little glitch and try and find a face. Look at the cameras downtown and follow everywhere a black van goes. Check the bathroom down that hall and find any other clues. The rest of you go to the house and start getting on the phone to others around the world to try and help us. Jonathon, Marco and Xavier with me."

Everyone goes to their resigned places and we go back to the mansion with my mother in the back of one of the cars holding onto Adelaide's bag.

****

My hands lay flat against the table as I lean forward ending the call with Giovanni who is going to travel over to us.

There's a knock at the door and then my mother walking in still holding Adelaide's bag.

She lays it against the table and pulls out the three positive pregnancy tests. She sets them down facing up to show me the results and then lays Adelaide's ring onto the table next to them.

I stare at them and bring my small glass of whisky to my lips before drinking it.

"Why are you showing me that?" I question picking up the bottle. "Another thing to show me what I've lost, and probably won't get back."

"Carlo." She whispers, shaking her head. "We'll get them back, I promise."

I shake my head drinking from the bottle. "I'm done with promises. She lied. She said she would come back. But is she here?" I wait for an answer. "Nope." I mumble the answer.

"That's not her fault!" Mom shouts. "You think she knew she was going to get kidnapped? Huh?" I stay silent and sit in my seat. "Don't you dare try and blame this on her."

"So I should blame you?" I ask. "I mean after all Rico was probably the only one that would be able to tell me where my wife is. And yet." I lean forward. "You shot him before I could even start to try harder to get an answer."

"I'm sorry." She whispers, a tear rolling down her face.

"Get out." I deadpan.

She nods her head and walks out leaving everything on the desk. The door opens once more and Bella walks in with bloodshot eyes.

"Hi Carlo." She whispers tears streaming down her face.

"Get out Bella." I take a swig of whiskey and begin going through the cameras.

"No, it's not fair. You're blaming everyone else and shouting at them. But what about you?" She asks, still crying.

The thing is with my sister, she may be young but she is awfully smart and understands a lot of things that she shouldn't.

"What about me?" I ask.

"You could've walked her to the bathroom. I'm sure after at least five minutes of her not returning that should've been a time to assume something is wrong." She shrugs walking closer to me.

She stands at the end of the desk, eyes bloodshot but her tone clear. "Next time you make my mom cry you think about what else could've made what happened, happened. Got it?"

I stare at my sister in disbelief. "Cause not only are you a husband. But you're a dad." She points to the pregnancy tests and the ring. "It is no one's fault but the person that took her. Rico is dead. Yay. That's a good thing. Even if he had information do you really think he'd give it to you?"

"No." I mumble.

"Exactly, he'd be dead by the time you finished hurting him." She refuses to look at me with disgust evident on her face. "So I'm not leaving."

I watch as her bottom lip trembles and a few more tears run down her cheeks.

"You weren't even there." I mumble rubbing my forehead. "You don't know what happened."

She rolls her eyes. "Neither do you. You weren't there with her were you?"

I throw my head back taking a few deep breaths. I bring the alcohol bottle to my lips and take huge gulps.

"Stop drinking." Bella warns.

"Can you stop talking?"

I watch her go to say something else but I stand up and lean over the desk towering over her. "Get out Bella. Stop telling me what to do."

"No." She trembles.

I throw the bottle at the wall beside us and listen to how the glass breaks and falls to the floor along with the liquid. She flinches wildly but tries to stop it by clutching her shaking hands. "DAMMIT ISABELLA GET THE FUCK OUT!" I shout.

She sobs loudly but stands her ground.

"Stop being so fucking stubborn and get the fuck out."

The door opens once more and Marco comes waltzing into the room. "Cmon fiore." (Flower)

Bella sobs and runs over to him, they both go out of the room and I listen to how her sobs get quieter and quieter down the hallway.

"Fucks sake." I rest my forehead on the table and let the tears out.

Lifting my head up slightly, I take one of the pregnancy tests.

"Ti salverò amore mio." I whisper.

(I will save you my love).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.6K 1.1K 34
Isolde Gonzàlez is the ruler of the Spanish Mafia and is often referred to as the Ice Queen. She has made quite a reputation for herself amongst the...
74.2K 2.7K 104
Coming Into Your World I Fell In Love With You| "I'm...In love with someone who's in a TV show?! And he's not even in the show he's supposed to be a...
25.8K 631 12
Non-despair AU ~ Makoto Naegi is your average highschooler. As an average highschooler does, he has a crush. Only his crush happens to be on the not...
126K 3.3K 43
and they were teammates!