Carlo

By writer_LB

Book one of Carlo Life is a beautiful lie that everyone chooses to live and believe, and death is that evil t... More

Hey
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Aesthetic
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
</3

Chapter 73

5.8K 162 39
By writer_LB

Never did I think I would have to do this. Well. Eventually, in the future.

The far far far far far far far far future.

Currently I am standing in front of a door waiting for Rose to open it up. Because I may or may not have a gremlin inside me.

And to be honest as much as it might be nice to have one with Carlo. I really don't fucking want one right now.

I love him, but I don't even care if it makes him happy or not.

The door opens and Rose closes the door behind her quickly. I already rang up saying I needed her to take me to the store.

I only managed to let Carlo let me go by myself, I told him I had to pick up some shoes from Rose. He believed me.

"So why are we going to the store?" She asks as we get into the car. "Are you going to tell me why you sounded out of breath when you rang me?"

These are all good questions, I had just finished throwing up without Carlo's acknowledgment and decided I needed Rose's help.

"Not right now." I mumble and look out of the window.

As we get to the store I nervously take Rose's hand in mine, I can see her look at me shocked from my peripheral vision but I ignore all that and proceed to walk through the aisles until I get to the one I need.

"Which ones are best?" I ask, not having a clue about what or how a stick is going to give me the information I need.

"Your-" She starts but I just squeeze her hand a little to stop her from talking.

"Right. Um." She tries to shake off my hand and look at them but I grip her hand so she won't let go. She breathes out a shaky breath and proceeds to look at the different sticks in a box.

She picks up three different boxes and passes them to me.

"Why so many?" I stare at the boxes in my hand.

"So you know for sure." Is all she says. "You basically wee where it tells you and leave it on the side for however long it tells you.

"Okay." I breathe out.

****

"Are you ready? We're going to leave soon." Carlo asks as he walks into the bathroom next to me with his tie undone.

"Yeah." I mumble and do his tie for him. "I just need to go to the toilet and then I'm good."

Carlo kisses my nose and walks out of the bathroom closing the door behind me. I listen to his footsteps until I know he is a little further away, I lock the door quietly and stand back in front of the mirror.

The dark green dress I'm wearing hugs my body carefully and the gap on my back rests low.

I go to my small satin green purse and open it up. I take the carrier bag from a locked drawer, I put it in and open up the boxes, I take one test out of all of them and put the remainder back into the drawer.

Taking a deep breath to stop myself from hyperventilating, I sit down on the toilet and read the instructions carefully before doing what it tells me to do.

The three tests lay on the side as I sit on the toilet seat with my leg bouncing and my face in my hands.

This is taking too long.

"Adelaide it's time to go." Carlo knocks on the door.

"I'm coming!" I shout back whilst stuffing the tests into my purse. I open the door and smile up at Carlo. "My thigh holster was itchy so I had to re-strap it on."

"Is it okay now?" He asks, a little worried.

"Yeah. Can you see the gun and the strap?" I question turning around to see if he can see any outline.

Carlo places one of his hands on my ass. "Nope."

I turn around to see him smiling at my ass and then looking back at me. Rolling my eyes we both walk out of the apartment and make our way over to our limo.

****

"Hey momma." Carlo greets his mom with a kiss on her forehead. "And Rico." Carlo finished with a glare at the man.

"Son." Rico acknowledges looking at something in the distance.

Rose looks at me with questioning eyes, I re adjust the purse in my hand and she seems to understand.

"Do you want me to carry it for you?" Carlo questions.

"No!" I say a little too loudly. I clear my throat and repeat myself a little quieter.

He looks at me confused but brushes it off as we walk past a group of photographers that think this is a ball for normal famous people. Not knowing that all the people that have set foot into the building are a part of the most lethal Mafias.

I cover my face all the way up until we are inside. The room is filled with chatter and light music in the background as people talk and are probably organising alliances.

"Adelaide, come with me for a second." Rose blurts out and Carlo goes to walk with us. "It'll only be for a second." Carlo reluctantly nods his head and Rose holds my hand and pulls me away from Carlo to the bar.

We sit at the end of the bar in a little corner. "Positive or negative?" She asks.

I choke on my own breath and start coughing a little. I see Carlo staring at us and fighting with himself on whether he should come over or not.

"I don't know." I answer after I recover from my little choke.

"What do you mean?"

"Carlo said we had to leave before I even looked at them." I look at the small watch on my wrist. "They should be ready now. But I'm too scared to look." I mumble and the bartender passes the two of us a glass of something.

"Thanks." I mumble and go to shot it back but Rose places her hand over the glass.

"You can drink when you find out." She says very sternly it makes me a little scared, she raises an eyebrow at me. "Got it."

"Yes ma'am." I blurt out quickly.

She smiles as if she didn't just snap a little. "Good. Now go back to Carlo."

"Yes ma'am." I say again and kiss her cheek quickly before making my way through a small crowd and over to Carlo who holds me at arms length and spectates me.

"Why were you coughing?"

"The drink went down the wrong hole." I lie.

He stares at me as if he doesn't believe me but he lets it go and we stand next to each other watching everyone in the room for anyone familiar.

Carlo pulls me into a hug and I move my head where it's hidden.

"Everyone okay?" I question into the earpiece that everyone in the room with us and outside have.

"Yeah." They all say.

I pull away from our hug and step back a little, Carlo takes my hand in his and we both walk over to a table that Rose and Rico are sat at because the table is reserved for us.

Rico is acting off tonight. Almost as if he's protecting something which makes my stomach turn. If Rico isn't acting perverted like then there's obviously something wrong.

He is looking around at the dance floor and holding Rose's hand close to him. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion at the whole thing going on in front of me.

I'm guessing Carlo notices too because he has his head tilted to the side like mine and his eyes locked on his parents.

Rose looks a little shocked but also safe. I know even after all Rico has done and does she still has a love for him that none of us will ever understand.

I know that for myself, I don't know why she loves him. He cheats, he hurt Izzy, he's probably hurt her, he makes her uncomfortable, and he does so much more.

I turn my attention away from them and scan the dance floor. People have started to dance a little but mostly are sitting at their designated table.

I look over to the huge staircase that spirals a tiny bit at the top. There's a man standing at the very top hiding a little with a girl beside him.

They both look a little familiar.

The guy turns around and walks down a corridor and the woman follows after him. I stare at the place they were once standing before looking down at my purse.

Should I check?

I look at Carlo and he's looking at his parents with a tiny sad expression on his face. He looks over at me and smiles a little, the once tiny crease on his forehead disappearing and he looks happier.

"Do you want to dance?" I ask Carlo.

He nods his head and stands up from his seat, I follow his lead and we both walk over to the dance floor.

The hand holding my purse I place onto his shoulder and the other in his hand when his hand finds my waist.

"How you feeling?" I ask Carlo.

"Good. Have you seen anyone you recognise?" He asks, changing the subject.

"There-" I start to say but change my mind. "No." I lie.

"Don't lie to me." Carlo looks a little angry.

I sigh and look over to the top of the staircase where I saw the two people. "Up there." I signal with my head and he immediately looks over there. "I saw two people who looked familiar but that could be my mind. A lot of people in here we've probably met before."

He nods his head and is silent for a while. "Why lie about that?"

I'm asking myself the same thing.

I don't fucking know.

"I'm not sure."

The music stops and Carlo steps back a little. He stands there looking at me for a second before taking my hand in his and leading me back over to the table.

Carlo kisses my hand and sits down, I sit down next to him and let him play with my rings on my hand.

"I'm sorry." I whisper so only he can hear.

Carlo looks at me and he smiles a little. "Don't be." He presses a soft kiss to my lips and then my nose. "I love you."

"I love you most."

He shakes his head and grabs the bottom of my chair sliding me closer to him. "Nope." He starts to glide his finger over my back tattoo and I get goosebumps at the feeling. I shiver when he gets to the top of my neck and drags his fingers all the way down my spine only stopping when he gets to the material of my dress in my lower back.

"I love you more than anything." He whispers in my ear.

I turn to face him. "Well, fuck you because I love you more than the stars themselves."

He fake gasps. "Not more than the stars." He says sarcastically.

"You don't believe me. Fine then." I take a deep breath and place my hand on his thigh leaning forward. "Carlo. I love you more than Venom."

Carlo's jaw drops and I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not. He kisses me again and pulls away slowly. "You have no idea how much anger I have for that movie character."

I laugh a little and press a kiss to his nose. I lean my head on his shoulder and wrap his arm around my shoulders.

****

"I'll be right back." I groan in annoyance as Carlo won't let go of hand and pulls me back into my seat. "I have to pee."

"Fine." He grumbles and lets me go.

"I'll be right back." I say.

Carlo holds up his pinky. "Promise."

I roll my eyes. "Well I'm not going to run off am I."

He doesn't budge.

"I promise." I wrap my pinky around his and kiss the back of his hand whilst he does mine.

I unwrap our pinkies and make my way over to where the bathrooms are, I open my purse a little as I'm walking starting to feel tempted in having a look.

I contradict myself and close the purse as I continue to walk down a hallway looking for the bathroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 8.6K 27
Katerina Russo a strong and dangerous assassin, that has a name made up for herself in the streets. Valerio Ferrari the Don to the Italian mafia, kno...
133K 2.2K 26
Don't Mind the grammar mistakes. It will soon be revised and edited😭 ***** Elena Marie Russo is the Italian mafia princess she was sent away from ho...
22.7K 121 66
"Before i met you, I hated living. But now, I have a reason to live." He whispers. "You're the reason I breath and blink, Elizabeth." -- Elizabeth C...
392K 9.4K 53
you heard my mother and my father story well its time to tell mine - sequel to loving aurora- Cordelia de Luca is a seventeen-year-old daughter of L...