CONTENDER ✔

By Kinza244

Finding his first love in his office, Taehyung felt quite happy despite his financial problems. Little did he... More

1: Meeting her
2: Teenager crush
3: Avoiding the curse
4: Keep it up
5: Whipped
6: Helper
7: Happy
8: Mr. Jeon
9: Not so bad
10: Jerk!
11: Ache
12: Getting ready
13: A try
14: Worse
15: Worst
16: New boss
17: Lashing out
18: Break
19: Second time
20: Stressing over
21: Duality
22: Dead end
23: Robber
24: Failed
25: Home?
27: His need
28: Masked
29: Temporary home
30: Trust
31: Misunderstanding?
32: Not alone
33: Special warmth
34: Free of an accusation
35: Strong to weak
36: Hurt or hate?
37: Culprit
38: Blind
39: Hate?
40: Talk
41: His Peace
42: Open up
43: Longing
44: Someone special
45: Reasons
46: Unexpected
47: Not again
48: Heartbroken
49: Once again
50: Contender
51: Love or Loved
52: Afraid
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: 1
Bonus Chapter: 2

26: Homeless

7.1K 473 137
By Kinza244

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Kim?"

Taehyung got up from the chair with a deep frown, spoon fell from his fingers depicting his shocked state.

"Jeon?" Taehyung mumbled with a confused look. How come the person in front of him-

"He is your grandson?" He suddenly turned to the older who was just looking at the two with confusion written on his face.

"Yes. He is Jungkook. But I guess you both know each other already." Senior Jeon said with a knowing yet confused tone.

Taehyung mumbled something under his breath and quickly stumbled away from the table. Both Jeons watched as he rushed to the room where he was sleeping for the whole day. Once he disappeared behind the door, senior Jeon turned to the younger one.

"How do you know him? And why he is reacting like that?" Jungkook bit his lips and slowly walked forth to his grandpa.

"Dada, He.. he used to work in my company." He started nervously. Jeon Jayson gave him a look that left him a gulping mess.

"I-" He was interrupted as Taehyung was out of the room, his bag in his hand that was shaking badly.

Both Jeons frowned at the way he was walking towards them. His head was hanging low and his other hand was fisted.

"I'm really grateful for whatever you did for me in the past hours. I- I may not be able to repay you, but I'll try my best." Taehyung said, head still hanging low but his jaw was clenching.

"Wait for a second! What do you think you're doing? Keep your bag back young man, you're not going anywhere, not until you're fine." Taehyung shook his head at the words and looked around to find his shoes near the front door.

"Thank you so much, sir." He bowed lightly with eyes shut but Jayson held him midway.

"You're still suffering from fever, don't do harsh movements. And what's with the grandpa?" Older scolded him but Taehyung just bit his lips, trying his best not to even glance over the certain someone standing at a distance. The person who practically destroyed his life in jealousy.

"I need to go.. please let me." Taehyung again said and didn't even wait for the response as he quickly opened the door and ran out of the house, leaving both Jeons in sort of another shock.

"What- Kook! You brat, go behind him! He is not in the situation to run like that!" Jayson cried and Jungkook nodded hastily before rushing out as well.

Taehyung was running with all of his power. Only one thing was lingering in his mind, he was staying in the house of the one who made him this much miserable. He wanted to vanish at the moment but unfortunately, he couldn't.

"Kim! Stop!" He heard the voice but was he planning to hear him out? Of course, a big fat NO!

Jungkook watched in horror as Taehyung continued running towards the main road that was one-way, but quite busy.

Taehyung kept running through the cars as he didn't even wait for the red signal. The cars were stopping here and there, and drivers even cursed but he kept running until he almost hit a car, but luckily driver stopped at the right moment.

Jungkook was wide-eyed witnessing the brunet running like that and almost getting hit in front of his eyes but the next thing left him baffled as Taehyung entered the car and the car drove away before he could do anything.

"Where is - he?" Jayson asked, huffing and panting while supporting himself from the wall nearby.

Jungkook blinked and sighed before muttering.

"He is gone."

________

"The hell! Dude, die in front of some other car!" The silver-haired man grumbled loudly from the window but Taehyung was just in haste as he could see Jeon running to him.

"Please- help me.. please." He pleaded with his shaky and low voice that caught others' attention.

"You ok?" He asked but Taehyung shook his head and grabbed the car door to support himself.

"Hey hey! Damn! Get in." The owner of the car groaned and unlocked the door. Taehyung quickly entered and the car was already moving.

"Here, drink some water. You're sweating in this cold." The owner of the car said and waved a water bottle in front of his face that Taehyung took gladly. Once he gulped only a bit of water, as only water made him feel queasy, he stopped drinking.

"So, where to?" The owner asked, eyes still focused on the road.

Taehyung sighed and snuggled to himself to feel the warmth. "Drop me anywhere."

"Anywhere? No, I can drop you at your home. You're not looking good and it's already late." Taehyung shook his head and chuckled bitterly.

"I've nowhere to go, especially home.. that place is not for me," Taehyung mumbled the last words with his eyes were stinging with anger, frustration, and utter sadness.

"What's your name?" The person asked after a while but received no answer. Being curious, he turned to his side to find the brunet dozing off while leaning his head over the window. His chest was heaving up and down more rapidly than normal and his face was still sweaty.

"Jeez. What to do now?" The male grumbled to himself once again, stealing glances at the passed-out boy. 

__________

Taehyung opened his eyes to a loud cursing. His groggy mind tried to understand his position and situation but it seemed quite difficult at the moment.

"Oh, finally!" The person from the doorway beamed and Taehyung quickly recognized him as the boy who gave him the lift. He got up from the bed with a bit of groaning and the other boy helped him.

"Feeling better now?" Other asked but Taehyung licked his lips, reminding the other about his dry throat.

"Oh, my bad." Silver-haired smiled sheepishly and went out of the room to bring a glass of water quickly.

Taehyung again drank only a few sips and thanked the other.

"You're hungry, right?" Taehyung was really very hungry but he felt like a homeless person who was roaming from house to house for some shelter... Oh, he was homeless now.

His empty stomach replied to the other in desperation by growling loudly, as he kept quiet. Silver-haired chuckled lightly and again disappeared for a few minutes.

"Here. I made this while you were out. Have some, I guarantee the taste." He said with confidence and Taehyung felt his eyes again getting teary.

"Hey! Don't cry, please. I'm not good with that at all." Taehyung bit his lips again that was now bruised because of how much biting he had done in a single day.

"Ok, um.. let's make it a bit comfortable. What's your name? I'm Yoongi, Min Yoongi." Taehyung gulped down the urge to cry and mumbled out his name.

"Kim Taehyung."

Yoongi hummed and sat beside the brunet as he kept the bowl to himself.

"So, Taehyung.. you need to eat first and then we will talk later. Ok?"

"No, Thank you.. but, I- I should go now." Yoongi stopped him with a frown when he tried to get up from the bed.

"No way! Do you have any idea, you fainted in my car after your little marathon? I tried to wake you up but you seemed exhausted. You were burning in fever for hours.. gosh, you almost gave me a heart attack when you started crying in your sleep. No! You're not going anywhere!" Yoongi said in one breath with a serious look.

Taehyung blinked in surprise at hearing that. He again burdened someone.

"I- I'm really sorry... I didn't mean to burden you like that."

"Shut up boy! If you want to make me feel better, eat this and have this medicine for a cold. Moreover, this is very late and you can't just go out in this cold." Taehyung remained silent and grabbed the bowl that was still warm in his hands.

There was porridge in the bowl and he recalled the last porridge he had in that home."

"Don't worry, It's edible and good. Go on." Yoongi gestured for him to eat as Taehyung was just staring at the bowl with unknown expressions.

On hearing the voice, he nodded and started eating as Yoongi left him to make him comfortable till he finished. Later, he came with the medicine and Taehyung silently had them.

When the other disappeared again, only to show up with his sweats on, Taehyung noticed the time. It was almost 3 in the morning, which left him guilty because the other looked quite tired.

Taehyung saw him walking to the little couch in the room with a blanket and pillow.

"Y- Yoongi?" The soft call made the said male whip his head to him with wide eyes.

"Yes?"

Taehyung fumbled with the blanket and scooted to the corner of the bed, ready to step down.

"You sleep on the bed, please. You'll be uncomfortable on the couch." Taehyung said lowly and Yoongi just shook his head.

"No. You need the warmth, don't YOU DARE TO STEP DOWN!" Taehyung suddenly stopped from stepping down on the outburst of the other with blown wide eyes.

Yoongi sighed, noticing the fear in those soft brown eyes. He walked back to the other who unconsciously scooted back.

"I'm not that cruel. You sleep here ok? Definitely, I've so many questions but for now, let's rest, yeah?" Calming down at the gentle tone, Taehyung nodded and laid back on the bed as Yoongi switched off the main lights, leaving the small lamp.

"Good night Taehyung. Get well soon." The voice faded at the end and when Taehyung tried to look at the other, he found him already sleeping, mouth a bit ajar that was clear in the dim light.

Taehyung snuggled more in the blankets and again felt guilty for making the other this much tired.

After some time, he also fell asleep after recalling the bitter encounter with the person, he definitely hated to the core.

_______

"Morning," Yoongi said to the other who just opened his eyes from his deep slumber.

"Morning."

"Woah. So deep voice." Yoongi joked but Taehyung kept his blank look.

After a few minutes, Taehyung got up from the lying position, his body much better than before after a very much-needed rest.

"I made some breakfast. Good thing it's Saturday and off for me. We have the whole day for us." Yoongi stated calmly while folding the blanket from the couch.

Taehyung was again fumbling with the blanket. In the past hours, he met two new strangers.. well one was totally stranger, but surprisingly both were so kind. Kind to the extent that he felt that the relations like his auntie, felt like trash in front of them.

"You ok?" A soft hand was placed over his forehead that made him flinch for a second and the hand was already away from his skin.

"Y- yeah," Taehyung muttered and Yoongi, feeling his hesitation just nodded satisfied with the rather better temperature, and left after saying.

"You can freshen up."

Taehyung followed and did so, also changing his hoodie that was sweaty. Once he was back, the breakfast was displayed over the already-cleaned bed in a tray and Yoongi was sitting on the couch.

"You have to finish it all." After a lot of hesitation, Taehyung somehow finished it and felt relieved in his body.

Once they were done, Yoongi sat back on the couch and Taehyung was again seated on the bed, head again low. "I live alone here, have a stable job and enough money, and just don't want to leave this place." Yoongi started with a dreamy smile, referring to his small apartment.

"Lost parents and I shifted here. I prefer to stay alone though, as you see... I'm not good with emotions and all." He chuckled and leaned back on the couch.

"Being alone feels good, but sometimes I miss... I miss my home." Taehyung inhaled sharply at the word.

"I felt very better in the start but believe me, family is the biggest strength we have, of course with friends." He chuckled and shook his head.

In other words, Taehyung felt his eyes stinging for the nth time in the past few days. The people he called his friends, couldn't do anything for him and he was sure that they must be worried for him. But he can't put them in danger because of himself. He isn't that much selfish like someone.

"You can talk to your family if there is-"

"Can you help me?" Taehyung cut him short which made the other sit straight with a frown.

"I- I'll tell you the truth. It's not what you're thinking, but something more jumbled." Yoongi sighed and Taehyung decided to tell him his needs.

"My family is in Daegu, they know nothing that... that I lost my job because of a false accusation."

"And?"

"And.. I was kicked out of the house where I was living." Yoongi silently listened, his eyes looking deeply at the other's tight hold over his own hoodie. He waited until Taehyung finally said the words.

"Thank you so much for everything you did but...can you help me a bit more? Please.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Assalam o Alaikum. Happy belated Eid. Wait for the new characters~~

Rose or Sunflower?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

993K 48.9K 44
(EDITED) Taehyung was a sassy boy who never gave a shit about anyone.. everyone just wanted to claim him but he never let this happen. Jungkook bein...
112K 4.1K 50
MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH- Not a happy ending... But i will make book 2.. there might be happy ending! Taekook book A short one.. Heavy angst.. I wa...
138K 7.4K 43
"Do you think universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences. My life was full of chaos, the cha...
106K 4.6K 41
[Completed] Taehyung and Jungkook were in love with each other since their school days but when Jungkook left Korea for five years because of his con...