Since We Were Kids // In the...

Od spacebear222

Teddy and her friends have already been through hell and back, but what will happen in the Scorch? ~~~ Sequel... Viac

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Author's Note

Chapter Ten

320 10 2
Od spacebear222

I love reading your comments they honestly make my whole entire day x.

~~~
The next day was uneventful. We only took one break and walked the rest of the way. The mountains seemed to be getting closer every steps we took.

Right now the sun has fully set, and the sky is already dark. It surprises me how chilly it's gotten out as well. A hard breeze brushes through my bare neck, making me shiver. It think it might storm any second now— which is another surprise. I put my hands in my jacket pockets and wrap my jacket around my body. Luckily my backpack keeps in some body heat to protect me from the cold.

"It think it might storm," Thomas says to our group. We are walking bundled together for warmth. "I think we should find— wait a minute..."

"Tommy?" Newt questions.

"Look! I see lights!" He exclaims. "We made it!"

I follow his eyes and see lights on the side of the mountains. I was so distracted in my thoughts I didn't even see the lights straight ahead. Just then, a flicker of lightning and grumble of thunder causes us to turn our heads.

I nearly jump out of my skin when I watch it strike the ground.

"...come on... we gotta go!" Thomas says nervously. "Let's go!"

More and more bolts slam on the ground and shake the earth. We run like the wind in the direction of the lights.

"Hurry!"

"Keep going!"

"Come on!"

I can barely hear my friends over the noises.

We are seconds away from shelter when the impossible happened.

"MINHO!" I yell as I watch lightning strike the ground right beside him. The ground vibrates, causing the electricity to throw all of us to the ground.

Silence fills my ears. I grow in panic when I sit up and see Minho laying lifeless on the ground.

"MINHO!!" I try to yell. I can hear faint noises of my voice, but nothing loud and strong.

I crawl over to him, shaking him. "MINHO COME ON!" Yet again, everything's on mute.

I see my friends gather around me out of the corner of my teared eyes.

"Come on, get him up!" The volume starts to rise and I reckon the voice is Newt's. Everything seems to be happening in slow motion.

Aris pulls me to my feet and the others help Minho up. Lightning bolts light up the entire sky each second. We run as fast as we can to shelter.

Frypan holds a door for us and Teresa, Aris and I run in. "MOVE!" He shouts to the others.

"You alright?!" Aris asks me, catching his breath.

I breath heavily and nod. "Yeah. Thank you."

Frypan closes the door and it's pitch black, but all I'm worrying about right now is Minho.

"Hey set him down," I tell the boys. I feel around for someone, trying to figure out where I am. My shoulder rubs against someone's shoulder, though I'm unable to place who's it is.

"Watch his head," Thomas mentions. "Who's got a light?" He adds.

Suddenly a flashlight flickers on. I realized was Newt right next to me, and he holds the flashlight as well.

I kneel beside him Minho. His eyes are now open, but they stare blankly at the dark ceiling. I grab his shoulders. "Minho! Are you okay!?"

He blinks. "...What happened..."

"You, uh— I think you got struck by lightning..."

"No shit!" He says, a smile forming on his face. "That's pretty cool." His voice his super faint, but filled with amusement.

I laugh and pat his arms. "Yeah... he's gonna be fine," I whisper.

Frypan and Aris help him up to his feet. "Thanks guys," Minho mentions.

I nod. I'm so thankful he's okay. It seems like a miracle.

"Hey... guys," I turn around to face the owner of the voice, Teresa. "What's that smell...?"

I walk over and stand next to her, questioning what she's smelling. "What do you—"

Without warning another one of those zombie like creatures jumps out at Teresa and I, while screaming bloody murder.

Everyone screams in fear. I swear I nearly had a heart attack. My arms are literally shaking so brutally.

Just then more and more start to jump out at us, yelling, screaming and throwing a fit. That's when I realize they're all chained up, so unless the chains were to break, we're sorta safe.

Thomas shines the flashlight on them, thrashing around like psychopaths animals. We all huddle together, scared for our lives as we stand there in shock.

Blood drips from their months, their eyes, and literally everywhere imaginable. Flaking white skin covers their faces and parts of their bodies seem to be unattached.

"I see you've met our guard dogs," a familiar voice says.

We draw our attention to a light that turned on, and a shadowy figure walking towards us. The figure stops in front of us and I almost immediately recognize the young girl. It's still so dark, and I can barely see her so maybe it's nothing.

"You guys look like shit," she says with a small smile. I couldn't help but agree.

When nobody says anything, she continues to talk. "Come on. Follow me."

Everyone is shocked as hell, either because we all nearly had heart attacks from that jump scare or because this odd girl just referred to literal zombies as "guard dogs" and continues to talk to us like they aren't even in the room.

"Unless you wanna stay here with them."

I look at Thomas before being the first to follow her. I don't know what it is... but I trust her. I guess it's just the fact that she seems so familiar to me. Everyone else then hesitates before following me.

We then quickly squeeze past the hideous creatures. "Come on, keep up. Jorge wants to meet you."

"Who the hell's Jorge?" Minho questions.

"You'll see. No one's come out of the Scorch in a long time. You've just got him curious. And me, too."

We climb up a narrow staircase and into a large room, with men sitting on couches and one man in particular who stands facing the window.

"Anyone else getting a bad feeling about this place?" I hear Minho whisper.

"Let's just hear him out. See what he has to say." Thomas responds quietly.

"Jorge, they're here."

When the girl turns around I can see her more clearly in the light. I furrow my eye brows together trying to piece together my memories on where she's from. I can't help but think, who the hell is this girl?
Her eyes lock with mine, and I quickly watch as the widen and her jaw slightly drops.

"... Teddy..." she whispers. "Teddy! Oh my god!" A smile appears on her face, spreading from ear to ear and she walks over and stands in front of me.

I blush as all the attention is drawn to me. "Jorge!" She says.

The man by the window turns around to face us, and I watch as his eyes widen and his jaw drop. He swiftly walks over and stands beside Brenda.

"Is it really you, hermana?" He smirks and shakes his head. "I didn't think we'd meet again."

I open my mouth to speak, but the girl takes the words right out of my mouth. I see her face grow with disappointment, "Your memories— did they take em?"

I nod sadly. I want to remember them so badly. "I'm sorry." I know it must be painful for them to know that the only way I view them now is as complete strangers. Who knows what we used to be.

Jorge frowns and shakes his head, then walks back up to the window. "Do ever feel like the whole world's against you?"

I look around at my friends in shock. What the actual hell is happening.
~~~

Ahhh it's getting good you just wait.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

306K 8.1K 16
The Maze trials are over, now Y/N, Newt and the rest of the subjects must face the Scorch Trials. Y/N and the Maze B girls head out into the Scorch t...
120K 5K 25
⠀ 𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒔¹ ╱ 迷路. she was fragile like a 𝒃𝒐𝒎𝒃. ━...
3.4K 104 27
𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕒𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕖 𝕔𝕣𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕤. 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟�...
454K 14.9K 16
❝𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒔? 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒅.❞ From the first moment they saw each other...