Love Is Never Ugly

By Fantasyandromance516

An innocent and gentle-hearted beauty, a deranged and blood-thirsty beast, the timeless fairy tale retold in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Soundtrack
Big News
Inspiration First Half
Inspiration Second Half

Chapter 15

493 24 16
By Fantasyandromance516

Charlotte went to the dining room earlier than she was expected to. Two servants had not even finished properly setting up the table yet. One of them she recognized as Niffty but the other was someone she had not seen before. This servant looked very much like an overgrown cat that could stand on two legs,  it was scruffy and mangy like yet it wore a very nice suit and boots. She watched the creature open a bottle of wine with it's claws and then pour it into her glass.

"Not too much Husk." Niffty told her fellow worker. "I don't think she's much of a drinker."

"Whatever, more for me." He replied.

When Charlotte realized that they had not noticed her presence, she decided to keep herself hidden and eves drop in order to learn some information about what was really going on around here.

"Just what in hell does Alastor think he's doing with this woman?" The strange cat-like being called Husk said.

"Well you know how much he enjoys a challenge." Niffty answered. "He believes that giving Miss Charlotte a chance to outwit him will prove to be very entertaining."

"That makes no sense to me."

"Really? I'd think that you of all creatures would understand that."

"Why?"

"Well you are a cat and don't cats typically play with their prey?"

"I'm not that type of cat. I'm more of the keep to myself and sleep all day if I was allowed to type. I don't really hunt for my meals, I much prefer that they be brought to me."

"Oh is that so?" She said skeptically. "Need I remind you of the time we first met? When you stalked me and then put me in your extremely unsanitary mouth?!"

"Hey I coughed you up didn't I?"

"After holding me in there for God knows how long! Oh I had never been in anything so disgusting in all my life!"

"You're never going to let that go are you? Cut me some slack, I was completely primal back then and so were you."

"Oh it was so slimy in there." Niffty shuddered. "And your breath was ghastly!"

"Get over it will you? It's been twenty-three years."

"I still have nightmares."

"Oh for God's sake! I haven't tried to eat you since then and I couldn't even if I wanted to. You're too big to fit in my mouth now."

She listened to them go back and forth for an hour and not once did they say any information that would prove useful to her. As soon as they were gone she sat down at the table and waited patiently for Alastor to arrive. She knew he was in the room when could she smell the familiar scent of damp fur.

"Good evening sir." She said.

"You were expecting me?" She heard him asked in a surprised tone.

"I was eager to speak with you."

"Oh? Why is that? Could it be because you have figured out the answer to the little riddle I gave you?"

"I haven't solved it yet but I am still determined."

"Then why so eager for my company this evening?"

Her goal was to somehow convince him to show himself to her. But she wouldn't ask that right away. He would only quickly dismiss it. She would start small and try to get him into a real talkative mood. Maybe so talkative that he would accidentally let himself be seen.

"I wanted to ask you about somethings I've noticed in your castle."

"What things?"

"Well for starters one morning as I was getting ready I spoke of how I wished to see my father and then his image appeared in my mirror. And today I spoke of how I would like for their to be light in the corridor of where I stood and sunlight came through the rooftops. Could you please tell me what that means?"

"This is no ordinary castle my dear." He answered. "This whole forest along with my estate is charmed to where the desires and emotions of the master and/or mistress of this domain effect the atmosphere. Here everything around me responds to my wants and feelings. The same can be said for you now that I have made you mistress of all that I possess. Whatever you wish, the slightest whim, you shall have it."

"Like when you allowed the library and the music room to be opened up to me? Last time we spoke I told you that reading and music were my favorite pass times. You even added my favorite type of books and a harpsichord. Thank you for that."

"So they please you? The rooms?"

"Very much."

"Splendid."

"But why have you gifted me with these luxuries? Why have you made me the mistress of your abode? Why are you so concerned with my comfort?"

"I was raised under the belief that a lady must always be treated with courtesy. Especially one who is gentle and has heart. While you remain here I shall only behave as a gentleman does and my whole estate will be nothing but accommodating."

"How is it that your castle can respond to wishes and feelings? How can it have the ability to do such a thing?"

"It has this ability because it was created by a fairy's spell."

"A fairy?" She said intrigued. During her childhood she had read many books and heard many stories about fairies, from what she knew they were always sweet, pretty, and friendly. She would sometimes imagine that she had a special fairy friend who would comfort her when she was lonely.

"I did not think fairies existed." She said. "My father always dismissed them as nothing more than a silly story told to amuse children."

"Your father is foolish to dismiss their existence because they are very real."

"I have never seen a fairy but I must confess when I heard stories of them as a child I longed to meet one."

"If you knew what they were really like then you would not dare have such a desire."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because fairies are not as they are told in stories."

"Tell me what they are really like? Are they small?"

"No. They are about the same height as a human being."

"What do they look like? Are they beautiful?"

"They're very beautiful. Their beauty is often associated with elements of nature. Things like flowers and trees. They have a certain twinge to their eyes that make them stand out and their ears are pointed. Their movements are like the wind and their voices are like the twinkling of crystal bells."

"How lovely. They must be the loveliest things in all the world."

"No." Alastor disagreed as he carefully ran his clawed fingers over Charlotte's reflected image in a glass hanging nearby. "No there is a creature far more lovelier than them."

Charlotte tried to stay focused on her goal but his voice and his words sounded so wonderful. She closed her eyes and began to feel it caress her.

"Tell me more. Do they have wings?"

"No. But they wear sacred robes that allow them to go anywhere in the world. A fairy's sacred robe is her most prized possession. If she is seen without it by mortal eyes then she is forever considered tainted by her kind and if her robe falls into the arms of a mortal then she must stay with him always."

"Do they grant wishes?"

"No."

"Are there fairy godmothers?"

"No."

"Do they help people?"

"They only hurt people. They like to spend their days tormenting human beings just to amuse them and they do it without any pity or remorse."

Her eyes flashed open when he said that.

"Like you do?"

"I have never tormented anyone for amusement."

"What about your victims? You kill them and devour them."

"Yes. I kill for food and no other reason. Whatever life I hunt and take it's all just to provide nourishment for myself. Just like how your father would kill a stag to feed you."

"Eating a stag and eating a human are two different things."

"Not to me and to animals. Wolves will kill and eat any living creature with flesh and blood which includes humans. In their eyes your kind is no exception, you're still fresh meat."

"But you are not a wolf."

"No I am not."

"Are you a man?"

He did not answer.

"Are you a man?" She repeated. "Your servants are all animals so what does that make you?"

He still did not answer.

"Do not ignore me! Please! I must know! Are you a man?!"

Her heart was pounding rapidly as she waited for his answer.

"I cannot say if I am a man or not." He finally responded.

"What do you mean? Either you are a man or you're not!"

"Pray do not make me explain because to do that I would have to let you see me."

"Then let me see you."

"No! You must never see me! If you ever gaze upon my face you will regret it I promise you!"

His voice had changed drastically from what it usually sounded like. Normally his voice was one of confidence, mischief, and charisma. He spoke in a tone that made him come off as if he believed that he was invincible. But now his voice was full of desperation, distress, and fear. He was sincerely terrified of her ever seeing him. But why? What made him so afraid to show himself to her? What could he possibly have to fear? He's the blood thirsty and ruthless one. Nothing should frighten him.

"Why can I not see your face?" She asked. "Why do you hide from me? Not seeing you only makes me more scared. I would be much more at ease if I could see you."

"So you think but you cannot even imagine the horror that is my appearance." He said. "If you were to see me you would never know ease again."

"I don't believe that. Last night you claimed to be honest but what honest man hides his face? How can I trust you to keep our deal if you won't even look me in the eye when you give me your word?"

"I will not tell you this again! If you do not listen then whatever awful thing happens to you is your own fault! You must never try to see my face! Ever!"

She heard his footsteps move quickly, a noise that meant he was running away. She got up from the table and tried to chase after him but by the time she had left the dining room he was no where in sight and there was no inkling of where he could have gone.

"Come back!" She pleaded. "Don't leave me here alone!"

But no matter how many times she called he would not return. He didn't even come back when she proceeded to eat her meal with her back turned and the loneliness of it all caused her to cry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 208 16
Charlastor story: The story began with Alastor as a human, try to fit in with society but then he met a charming young lady called Charlotte, he star...
9.4K 384 45
For centuries mothers and fathers have read legenary stories to the delight of children everywhere. But there is one tale that has yet to be told... ...
80.5K 1.4K 23
(COMPLETED) Fluffy Charlastor story || Alastor finally gets Charlie's happy hotel up and running, and she's having the time of her life! However, C...
107K 2.6K 28
What happens when Angel and Al fall fast and deep into love, what challenges will they face? Bask in the glory of my beautiful overly protective boys...