DxD: Potential Of The Unknown

By Lawliet_Aftermore

Chance and probability are weird concepts... But, what if someone moved a little faster? Took an extra step a... More

Chapter 1-A normal day
Chapter 2-I Died...apparently
Chapter 3-First day(s) on the job
Chapter 4-Attack on a Stray house! Awakening!
Chapter 5-I made a new friend! ...But she's in danger!!
Night Meinichi BIO and Info
Omake!! Smol-Boi/Ara~Ara mornings!!
Chapter 6-I have to save her! New power!?
Omake!! Kitten gets touchy?!
Chapter 7-Dangerous dodgeball! Familiars?
KFC Arc - Opening Sequence
Omake!! The Perverted Trio kidnap Y/N!?!
Chapter 8-What's going on? Kidnapped!?
Omake!! The girls find out what happens at boy's night!
Chapter 9-Training to Beat Burnt Chicken!
Omake!! Dancing In The Rain.
Chapter 10-Insurmountable Odds! Rating Game!
Omake! February 22nd, Y/N's second least favorite day.
Y/N and Shield, into The Y/N -Verse!
Y/N and Shield, Into Infamous! Y/N Rowe! (Evil Karma)
Chapter 11-Rematch!? Awakening!
Omake!! After The Fight.
Chapter 12-Strange Occurrences.
Chapter 13-Holy Sword Users Enter The Fray
Chapter 14-Why Is Freed So Weird?!
Chapter 15-Battle To Prevent a War
Omake!! Milk? Malk? Mulk?
Chapter 16-To Trust Someone
Omake!! THRILLING Fluff
Chapter 17-Revelations

Omake!! Live For Yourself!

801 28 27
By Lawliet_Aftermore

Grayfia: The following is a non-profit, fan-based, piece of fiction. HighschoolDxD is owned by Funimation and Ichiei Ishibumi. Please support the official release.

(Listen, this involves romantic moments with someone who has a completely different relationship in the Anime/LN. Grayfia is one of my favorites and it's the reason she's not married here. Sirzechs is just as happy with her sister as he was with her in the canon timeline. If you don't feel comfortable reading this, then don't and ignore all future parts with Grayfia x Y/N involved.)

(Roll Intro)

(The morning after the party)

*BEEP, BEEP, BE-*

Grayfia stopped the annoying alarm and sat up as she took in her familiar surroundings. It was a luxurious style room, similar to all the rooms the butlers and maids were granted, her wardrobe holding multiple of the same maid outfit she always wore as the head maid.

Looking at her clock she read the time, "3:30 am, we had to wake up an hour earlier to make breakfast for Rias-sama, her peerage, and the rest of the family." With a sigh, she got up from the bed and got ready.

After putting her headpiece on she took one more glance around her room, one word coming to mind, alone. She got the feeling of loneliness from this room, it was bare with only a few pictures on her dresser to show it belonged to anyone.

One of the pictures was of her and her sister on her sister's wedding day, she was the maid of honor and her sister insisted on a picture of just themselves together. The other picture was of herself when she first held Milicas for the first time, she was an extremely proud aunt and made sure to give as much love as she could to her young nephew.

But, she still felt alone. When she was presented with the opportunity to marry Sirzechs in the name of peace between the devils, she declined, suggesting her sister instead whom she knew had a pretty significant crush on the red-haired devil. She knew she could have come to love Sirzechs, but gave up her own chance at happiness for her sister, instead, taking the position of head maid and Sirzechs' Queen to stay close with her sister.

The work was easy enough, if tedious at times, and she was provided with great accommodations, so her life was good all around, but she just felt like she was walking through the motions, never experiencing love, or even having a friend that wasn't obligated to listen to anything she said because she was a high-class devil, the head maid, or the general in the fight against the new-age devils.

Sighing, she pushed the thoughts to the back of her head and finally exited her room.

-Line-Break-

When Grayfia got to the kitchen she almost gasped in shock, it was in complete disarray and every single maid and butler was running around trying to sort things out themselves.

And it was most certainly not working

Whenever she tried to grab their attention something would catch their attention and she would be right back at square one.

*YAWN*

She turned her head and saw Rias-sama's new pawn enter the kitchen looking incredibly tired. He was in a pair of red-checkered pajama pants and a red t-shirt with one of the 'anime' characters Rias-sama talked about on it.

"Good morning Y/N-san. What are you doing up and about so early in the morning?" The maid said with a quizzical look. Y/N's head perked up as he seemed to finally register where he was, with an embarrassed blush he turned to Grayfia.

"Oh, g-good morning Lucifage-San. I'm sorry, I'm an incredibly light sleeper and I sometimes wake up earlier than I should. But, uh..." he looked around at the chaos taking place around them, "What's going on here?"

Grayfia sighed in distaste as she looked over the chaos of the kitchen before her "We all had to wake up earlier to prepare breakfast for all of you, but the change threw everyone off so much that no one can get their bearings straight." She said, slightly disappointed in herself for not being able to control the situation.

Y/N's response was not one she was expecting, he ran over to the hooks that held all the aprons, put one on, washed his hands, and tied his hair into a small bun before jumping up onto one of the counters.

*WHISTLE* "Okay! Everyone listen up! Lucifuge-san has been trying to get your attention for a while now, but everyone is so flustered that no one is listening!" The entire staff looked up at the young red-haired boy as he continued talking, "Anyone who can't cook or isn't useful in the kitchen should get out now and start setting the table, we have a lot of food to make and I don't want anyone to have to redo it because their cooking skill is lackluster!" The people his warning pertained to all grabbed things to set the table and scurried away from the kitchen.

"Okay, now that we have all the chefs, I want a group of 5 making eggs, another group of five making country-style potatoes, and the final group of four frying bacon while me and Lucifage-san work on the French toast. AM I CLEAR!" He shouted with authority, having completely taken control of the situation.

"YES, CHEF!" All the maids and butlers responded. Immediately breaking off into groups and getting to work.

Grayfia's eyes widened in shock, she would've ended up doing that herself at some point, but she was so shocked that Y/N had taken control as if he'd done it before, "I'm impressed Y/N-san. Have you ever been in a professional kitchen before?" She asked as the two got to work on beating the eggs for the French toast.

Y/N chuckled as he started mixing the cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, and vanilla onto the egg, "I work at a small diner run by my landlord. I've had to take control of that kitchen more times than I can remember hehe. This is on a bigger scale, but not much different. So, let's make a great breakfast Lucifuge-san!" He said with an excited smile as they dipped the texas-toast bread into the mixture.

"Grayfia."

"Huh?" Y/N looked over towards the maid who had an almost unnoticeable smile on her face, "W-What was that?" He stuttered out, trying to keep focus on his self-assigned task.

"Call me Grayfia Y/N-san. I use your first name so it's only fair." She said, turning to him and showing her pretty smile, causing Y/N to blush even further and almost dropped the soaked bread in his hand.

"O-Okay G-Grayfia-san," he said with a small smile as they kept working.

~Line-Break~

Breakfast had been an event, to say the least. Once Sirzechs had heard his precious Otouto had been the one to get breakfast on the table he dragged the poor boy into a hug that could make the gods fear for their safety, but other than that it was a joyous breakfast and everyone had a good time.

It was a little past noon now and everyone had branched off to either spend time relaxing or wander the Gremory territory. Rias' peerage would be heading back to the human realm after dinner.

Grayfia was doing her usual rounds as the head maid and making everything was running smoothly. She was near the back of the mansion when she heard loud shouts and grunts coming from outside.

Swiftly making her way to the door she opened it and looked outside, she saw Y/N in a black tank-top, black shorts, red compression pants, and some white shoes training. "Didn't he almost pass out from exhaustion last night? Why is he training?" She fully stepped outside and began to watch the H/C-haired boy train himself.

He was surrounded by an abundance (by her count was about 30) of light-spears that seemed to be trying to pierce him as he flipped and twisted out of their way. "He's quite acrobatic and agile. Impressive." She remarked in her head as he twirled in the air to dodge more spears.

Once he landed she finally got a good view of his Sacred Gear that was on his arm. It was quite beautiful in her opinion and held a refinement that the other dragon gears didn't. "Alright, Fafnir! Amp me!" She heard him shout as he looked down at the gauntlet.

"AMPLIFY"

"This is your third Amp partner. Let's see how long you can handle it." The gear spoke back to him, she could only assume it was his Dragonic partner speaking back to him.

"I think I might be able to handle a fourth. Let's see!" And with that, he held his right arm up and summoned about 20 more spears, and began dodging again. He looked almost as exhausted as yesterday but he was still avoiding the spears like he was full of energy.

After about 5 seconds she saw the gear glow again. "AMPLIFY" it shouted and Y/N immediately made the spears dissipate. It seemed to her that this was now just a test of endurance instead of a test of endurance and agility.

Veins bulged from his body as the newfound power seemed to exert him over his limit. But, he still stood tall and smirked as a way of saying "I win". Ten seconds later he finally spoke, "Hehe I told you. This is nothi-"

"BURST!" His gear screamed out and all of Y/N's muscles tenses and pulsed as if they were cramping and he started falling to the ground. Grayfia took that as her cue to run to his aid and caught him before he could end up face-first in the dirt.

Before she could move him into a more comfortable position she heard frantic whispers, looking down she saw Y/N trying to say something so she leaned in closer to hear him, "P-Put me down. I didn't ask for your help, I don't need it. I'm not weak anymore... So please..." he sounded desperate, desperate for something she didn't understand, he had already proven his strength to most of the underworld and was being praised as the "New Dragon" for being the 2nd person in all of history to become the Black-Dragon Emperor.

But, then it clicked. Rias and her peerage; bar Kiba, had come back the previous summer talking about a new human friend they'd made. She wouldn't go into detail about how they met, but from what she could gather he sounded like a soft-spoken, kind boy, who had an amalgamation of unresolved issues.

Now she could tell that was the same boy in her arms begging her to drop him and leave. She repositioned Y/N so he leaned against the pillar next to the stairs that led to the forest area he was training in. She sat across from him, "Why would you call yourself weak Y/N-san? You managed to beat Riser-sama, who is a high-class devil. That's no small feat." She asked after he had recovered enough to sit up himself.

Y/N's eyes grew dark as he looked down at his hands, which had been in wraps since he cut them when he broke the strings to his guitar. He hadn't known her long, but Grayfia seemed like she wouldn't say anything, so he decided he would place a small amount of trust in her. "E-Ever since I was younger, I was weak. I'm small, my upper body isn't physically up to code, you saw when I punched Riser multiple times and he wasn't even affected. I just feel so... useless. I couldn't even beat Riser with my own power. I just feel like I don't belong here-" He was silenced by Grayfia who had scooted up to him a placed a finger on his lips.

She took her finger away and looked him in the eyes with an intense stare, "Why do you want to be strong Y/N-san, is the desire to rule? Women? Or something else?" she asked.

Y/N's eyes widened as he put his arms in front of himself and shook his head frantically, "N-None of that actually. I just want to be able to protect my friends. Especially Rias, I don't really think I deserve someone like her... I expected her to reject me when I confessed. The only reason I did it was so I could move on. So, to answer your question. My only desire is to protect those I can consider friends."

He looked back up when he was done and saw Grayfia giving him a small, comforting smile. "Well, I'm sure you can become strong enough in time, but right now I think you should be resting, you look exhausted." She said before turning and facing the setting sun.

Y/N blushed up a storm at the pretty smile but nodded and turned to face the sunset as well. "Grayfia-San?"

The older woman turned to him, "hm?"

"W-Why are y-you the head-maid here? Aren't you Aniki's Queen? I would think that comes with its own benefit-Ahh sorry I'm being rude! Forgive me" he bowed his head in disgrace, not wanting to face her after asking such a personal question.

He heard a small, harmonious giggle, and looked up once he realized who it belonged to, "great, you managed to embarrass yourself so much that the LITERAL Ice Queen laughed at you..." he deadpanned.

"Actually..." his face perked up once she began talking, "The reason I'm the maid here was to stay close to my sister after she got married to Sirzechs, and when she had her son it gave me even more reason to stay. But, I came to enjoy the work as it gave me something to do besides flaunt my own power." She finished.

Y/N smiled at the explanation, but wanted to tell her one more thing, "That's g-great, and I'm glad you enjoy doing this kind of work, but do you have any hobbies? Any activities you enjoy doing for yourself?" He asked with a curious look. The maid looked back and shook her head no, he just smiled back at her, "Well, find some! If you keep doing things for everyone else but never find anything for yourself, you'll never enjoy life to its fullest! At least that's what my Mom used to say!" He said with a bright smile.

Grayfia looked at him in shock for a moment no one had ever told her to do something for herself, except her sister, so she decided to finally take the advice. giving a small nod, she smiled at him again, something she normally never did so often, "Sure, I'll let you know when I find something." And with that they turned back to watch the setting sun.

After a few minutes Grayfia noticed a new weight on her left shoulder and saw Y/N's head resting there, probably from exhaustion. Normally she would just move anybody if this happened, but she felt very content with position and began running her fingers through his hair. "Soft," she thought as she traced patterns into his scalp.

After about an hour she heard the door behind her open. "Oouu~ what do we have here Grayfia-chan!"

It was Sirzechs.

Fuck.

He was in front of them in seconds with his phone in hand taking pictures of the scene, "Ohh this is so cute! I never thought you'd find anybody! Glacia will be ecstatic! And it's Rias-Chan's new pawn/boyfriend?!? How scandalous!" Since he was so close while taking photos Grayfia shut him up with an ice-muzzle.

"He's just exhausted from training and I tried to help him. I let him rest on my shoulder since he seemed comfortable. That's all." She said with a small amount of venom in her voice as she took off the muzzle.

"Hehe~, whatever you say Grayfia-chan. Wake him up, dinner's almost ready and he looks like he needs it." He said with a smiled before walking back into the mansion.

Grayfia looked at the boy who was still using her shoulder as a pillow.

"Y/N L/N, what a nice name for a sweet boy."

"He's quite cute too..."

End

Author-note: Hello~! I'm being inconsistent as always! Anyways enjoy my little Omake for Grayfia, and again, if you aren't comfortable with this, I'm sorry... I hope it doesn't seem too fast-paced for the semi-romantic bits... I also hope you all liked it!

Author-chan out!

Words: 2772

Also, discord, join https://discord.gg/BR3suGkR

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74 3 5
When you let fear stop you, regrets will flow in. You will become bombarded with questions that are left unanswered. "What if I was brave?", "What if...
165K 4.4K 18
You go to a One Direction signing and Harry sees you from afar. He asks you to play along and be his fake girlfriend when a fan goes mad. Word spread...
233 35 19
There are a million possibilities. Possibilities that we don't get to travel. Possibilities that we don't get to see. Possibilities that can cause ev...
Believe By S

Adventure

2.7K 144 27
We didn't want to believe in her, so she started to die. That's when it all started... What happens when we give up? Our fantasy, our dreams, they wo...