Journey through the Grand Can...

Por Raffesia

❎Do Not Read before reading the 1st book of the series.❎ Drisana has started her journey to Indraprasth. Afte... Mais

Prologue & Casts
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Clearing concepts
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
For the Haters of Subhadra-Karna Pair
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
💖💖💖 Special Shot 💖💖💖
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Picsar
Chapter 36
Trailer
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Stroms in the Making
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
💖💔💖 Special Shot 💖💔💖
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Teaser
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
🍁🍁🍁Tickle🍁🍁🍁
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue

Chapter 22

2.7K 230 78
Por Raffesia

I suggest you throw away any sharp objects around you before reading the chapter. You may want to throw them at me in frustration after the shock wears off ...😆😆😆

Drisana kept staring at the head maid of the outer palace of Mayamehel, Candika. Just a little distance away stood Malini, Draupadi's chief handmaid, Punkodi, the head maid of the inner Palace of Mayamehel and Vrinda, Valandhara's handmaid. Even though Drisana's gaze was solely upon Candika, the rest three fidgeted in their places too. The only one not bothered with her silence was Tara, Drisana's chief handmaid who stood behind her.

"I--I'm sorry Rajkumari. I immediately sent the maid away with her kid. This won't happen again, I assure you." Candika's voice trembled a bit, fearing for punishment.

She had worked under Maharani Devika and Rajkumari Draupadi's command till now. Rajkumari Arunika was either absent or didn't care to involve in the household affairs so far. She never interacted with the Palace maids. Even no other maids apart from her personal ones were allowed at her wing. The cleaning and keeping of the quarters were done by them only.

The princess had come to Indraprasth with a large number of maids along with precious jewels and riches. And why not? Rajkumar Nakul was the most handsome prince in the entire Aryavart. There was not a single maiden who wouldn't desire to be his, wouldn't want his eyes on them even if it was just in passing. Whereas Rajkumaris were married to make alliances, Rajkumars were married to get military support and wealth. And Rajkumar Nakul seemed to have gotten well worth his looks with this pampered Dravidakumari. So why would she concern herself with household chores! The princess didn't even know how to cook. A good laugh had followed the gasps of horror and astonishment with the gossip of her food of 'pehli rasoi' (First day at kitchen ritual).

Rajkumari Arunika still kept silent only staring at her making the maid in front of her sweat. Earlier, while playing, the kid of a maid had stumbled upon the storeroom where diyas and crackers were kept. The kid had caused a ruckus by breaking a large number of diyas accidentally. Candika hadn't seen the need to concern anyone with this trivial matter and send the maid away with her kid after scolding. As for the broken diyas, purchasing new ones meant reporting back to Rajkumari Arunika. So she had simply decreased the number of diyas lightened in some hallways and entirely skipped lightening any on some of the unused guest chambers at the far end.

What she hadn't counted on was Dravidakumari questioning her on it. After all when would she have gotten the time to roam around the huge palace to check? But somehow she did and now she stood calmly staring at her instead of shouting or dismissing the matter with a warning.

"I'm thinking for which offence should I forgive you first." Drisana said finally. "For carelessly keeping the door of the storeroom open? For not informing me about the incidence? For not letting me know there's a shortage of diyas? Or for sending away that maid and her kid by yourself?"

"I'm sorry, Rajkumari. I don't know how it remained open after the cleaning. I thought --" Candika started to defend herself but stopped seeing Drisana's raised hand.

"You're here only to make sure of that, aren't you? The storerooms and guest chambers fall under your watch. And you don't know how the door remained open. There are crackers in there with diyas. You not knowing may have caused an accident. What if the kid had gotten hurt?" Drisana asked in the same calm tone, not raising her voice once.

Candika remained silent with lowered gaze. She hadn't thought of it. What the Rajkumari said, was true. A little carelessness on her part could have caused harm to the kid.

"And by whose permission you sent the maid away with her kid? Maharaj Yudhisthir has declared the occasion will be celebrated with all, including the helping hands and soldiers of Indraprasth. A feast is arranged for all. And you send away one of the maids for the mistake you made." Drisana said again keeping her tone neutral. Candika's eyes watered in remorse and fear. Being a maid herself, she knew how much it meant to be included in a royal celebration. And she had taken away that joy from someone. That maid had come with her kid in the hope of getting a full belly with delicacies and she sent them away empty-handed.

"Do you know why diyas are lightened on Deepavali?" Drisana asked after taking a long pause. "Diyas are lightened to ward of negative energies. They are not just for decorating that we'll light them in one place and keep the other in dark. Do you wish ill upon this Palace?"

"No! No, Rajkumari! I'm sorry---" Candika started gasping at the implications.

"I don't want to hear your sorry. You've proved you cannot be trusted to do your duties properly." Drisana said nonchalantly causing Candika to sob silently.
'She wouldn't kick me out of the Palace, would she?' Candika thought helplessly.

"Please Rajkumari ji, forgive me. I won't make such mistakes in future. I thought you'd be angry with the maid and her kid. So I kept it to myself. Please. I know I should have been more watchful and I will be. Something like this will never happen again. Please forgive me this one time. Please." Candika cried out.

"What are you doing here Malini?" Drisana asked instead turning to the other maids completely ignoring Candika. Malini was startled at being addressed so suddenly while Candika fidgeted at her place in worry with tears escaping her eyes.

"I---Rajkumari Draupadi has sent me to help. If there is any work, you can order me Rajkumari." Malini replied cautiously as she was a little bit worried and nervous.

"Punkodi, did you changed the tapestries on the chambers of Angraj and Angrani?" Drisana asked turning to the head maid of the inner Palace. Earlier on inspection, she had not liked them.

"Yes, Rajkumari. I did. The chambers are prepared as you instructed. Be assured. There won't be any inadequacy at their hospitality." Punkodi answered immediately. "The maids and guards of Anga are already taken there."

"Good. Malini, you'll be responsible for watching over the sweet distribution among all the guards and maids of the Palace. Do you have any problem with that?" Drisana asked.

"Of course not Rajkumari. It'll be my pleasure." Malini replied bowing.

"Still if you face any issues, consult with Tara. Vrinda, everything alright in the kitchen?"

"Yes, Rajkumari ji. Rajkumari Valandhara has told me to inform you that the feast for tonight is almost ready and also the sweets that are to be distributed among the commoners are all packaged and ready to be sent. The sweets that are to be sent with the gifts to the guests are also ready." Vrinda replied with caution. Drisana nodded at her.

"Punkodi, make sure to purchase more diyas. I want every single place of the Palace lightened. Even on the outer palace. Do you understand?" Drisana asked sternly. Punkodi nodded glancing at Candika from the corner of her eyes. Candika, on the other hand shed more silent tears hearing her as Drisana had indirectly dismissed her from her duties.

"Tomorrow is Dhantrayodashi. Not a single trader should go empty-handed from the palace. Am I clear?" It took Candika a few moments more than required to understand that Drisana was addressing her. Drisana waited patiently staring at her with a blank face as Candika finally nodded vigorously. "Call back that maid with her kid. No one should be deprived from the celebration of freedom and friendliness."

"Where are Angraj and Angrani?" Drisana asked turning to Tara this time.

"Angraj is at the hall room with his brothers and Maharani Subhadra is at Maharani Devika's chambers along with Rajmata and Rajkumari Draupadi." Tara replied. Drisana left without saying anything more and Tara followed behind.

"Accha hai jo yoh yeaha ki karyavar nehi sambhalti. Annathya hamme se ardhangsh ka toh hridaygati hi rukhwa deti.
(It's a good thing she doesn't run the place. Half of us will die of heart attack otherwise.)" Punkodi muttered in the silence that followed after. Candika was still wondering if she was really forgiven so easily after being scared to death or was the punishment due for later time.
'Better to make sure I don't make any other mistakes and please her somehow.' She decided.

Drisana met Valandhara on the hallway as both of them were going to meet Subhadra. Together they entered the seating area of Devika's chambers to find Subhadra excitedly talking to Kunti, Devika and Draupadi.

"You two are here finally! I have been waiting so long to meet you." Subhadra said smiling at them. But Valandhara and Drisana's face remained blank as they looked at her and then glanced at each other.

"Parnipat Subhadra Jiji!" They greeted together with folded hands making Subhadra confused. Devika and Draupadi on the other hand, caught up what's going on and suppressed their smiles.

"Jiji?!" Subhadra asked in confusion.

"Yes. Now that you're married to our eldest brother-in-law, it'll be only right to address you as Jiji, Jiji." Valandhara replied innocently.

"But you used to address me by my name only." Subhadra protested unhappily.

"That was before your marriage, Jiji. Now we will call you Jiji only. Am I right, Jiji? I mean Devika Jiji?" Drisana asked looking at Devika eagerly.

"But- but I am youngest among all of you." Subhadra said making a crying face, finding it hard to digest Jiji from them.

"That is by age, Jiji. But by relation you're eldest among all of us." Valandhara said smiling cheekily at her.

"No. I'm small and I'll remain small only." Subhadra said pouting.

"That is not possible now Jiji. Now you're the eldest, so act like one." Drisana said.

"Mata, look they're troubling me. Tell them not to call me Jiji." Subhadra complained to Kunti.

"Dhara, Drisana! Don't trouble my eldest daughter-in-law." Kunti said making a stern face.

"Mata?!!!" Subhadra whined as the rest four chuckled.

"Don't worry Subhadra. I am with you. We will bring a daughter-in-law younger than you by marrying bhrata Sahdev." Draupadi said this time.

"Poor Sahdev! He'll have to marry a kid then." Drisana commented.

"Or he can wait till the kid grows up. It's another thing that he'll reach his dotage by then." Valandhara added chuckling at the end.

"Whatever! I'm youngest to all of you and you'll call me by my name only." Subhadra said stubbornly. Her four sister-in-laws glanced at each other and then said together,

"As you wish Jiji!!!"

Here, Pandavs took Karna to the living hall of the Palace. Yudhisthir asked him about Anga's administration and he replied earnestly.

"I heard about your valour at the war with Pundra Kingdom." Sahdev said congratulating him on the victory.

"Oh yes. You taught the foolish king a good lesson." Arjun said smirking, pleased that the poor impersonator of Madhav, Paundraka Vasudev received a beating from Karna.

"He needed that badly. Not only he continued Narakhet at Anga's border, but he also sent me a message to pay him taxes (used here as showing respect, accepting as superior and sending expensive gifts and riches) as the supreme entity, the incarnation of 'Lord Vishnu'." Karna stated in amusement.

"He really did that? I thought he only dressed up as Vasudev." Nakul said chuckling.

"Well, he has gotten it into his head that he is actually the supreme one." Karna replied.

"He probably challenged you thinking Magadh Naresh, Jarasandh will be by his side at his whims." Sahdev noted.

"I think so too. But Magadh Naresh knows better than that. Even though he hates Vasudev, he won't support such stupidity." Karna said smiling.

"I don't understand why Vasudev hasn't confronted him. He must know of this idiot." Bheem spoke for the first time.

"Madhav knows when to confront and when not to bother himself with pesky flies. Besides don't forget Paundraka is our relative." Arjun said sulking.

"He is?" Karna frowned.

"Yes. His mother, Queen Shrutadeva is the sister of Mamashree Vasudeva and Mata." Yudhisthir replied this time.

"I wasn't aware of this." Karna said nodding.

"It's better to forget rather. I will take Duryodhan over that weirdo any day." Bheem said grimacing. An awkward silence fell over them at the mention of Duryodhan and Bheem realised it a moment too late. 

"By the way, the most valorous act of Jyesth was when he went to Dwarka and married bhabhishree. How many will have the gut to marry Yadavkanya secretly and then stand before Yadavs admitting it instead of running?" Nakul said breaking the silence with a teasing smile.

Karna looked at him and blinked. He diverted his gaze elsewhere as a red hue appeared on his face. Yudhisthir controlled his smile, Sahdev cleared his throat, but Arjun was openly smirking. And Bheem was frowning in confusion.

"But we got infamous for that. Remember what Gurudev said at Kashi? That except bhrata Yudhisthir, we all the brothers are wayward." Bheem protested.

"But what did I do?" Sahdev asked with a frown before anyone could say anything.

"Exactly! I asked that too and Gurudev said he has full faith, you won't disappoint on the wayward department when time comes for your marriage." Bheem stated eagerly making Sahdev's mouth fall open in incredulity and the rest laughed.

"Mujhe aap sab ko dekh kar seekh mil gayi hai. Aur bhrata Yudhisthir! Yoh toh-- (I have learned my lesson from watching all of you. And bhrata Yudhisthir! He is--)" Sahdev was saying but fumbled catching Yudhisthir's eyes. Something passed between the two unobserved.
"Yoh toh hai hi shant aur saral swabhab ke. Unse kisiko kaise aapiksha ho sakti hai kisi durvilasita ki! (He is of calm and uncomplicated nature. How can anyone expect any errant from him!)"

"That is true. But now listen to me carefully Sahdev. Don't you dare cut our nose by proving bhrata Balaram right. Bhrata Yudhisthir, look for some Rajkumari. Let's get him married soon before he goes out of hand." Arjun said this time.

"Whose hand!!!!???" Sahdev asked looking confused.

"Bhrata Yudhisthir's, of course." Nakul supplied helpfully. While Karna was smiling in amazement, Bheem nodded thoughtfully in agreement and Arjun's smirk matched Nakul's.

Sahdev only stared at Yudhisthir dumbfounded. And Yudhisthir avoided his eyes carefully.

If only the four of them knew!!!

It's the calm and uncomplicated ones who can actually knock us down with a feather.

See...the last part was what I meant at the beginning...😈😈😈

What?!!!

Yudhisthir is also one of the Pandavs. Yes..he is the most righteous one, but that won't stop him from being possessive and romantic. He has that in his DNA guys!!!

His love story hasn't been revealed yet...😉😉😉
Not only to readers but also to his brothers except Sahdev.

Any questions???
Update will come soon as finally I've gotten time to breath easily. Exam over!!!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

51.6K 2.5K 30
The great Mahabharata war has been over long ago... Sudarshan Chakradhari is now waiting for the curse of Gandhari to show its effect... But an unexp...
71.8K 2.3K 34
Subhadra is a character in the epic Mahabharat who is well known as the sister of Krishna and Balram, the much celebrated warriors and brother duo of...
126K 8.3K 50
Book 1 of PandavaNandini Trilogy " No winter lasts forever , no spring skips its turn " . Suthanu , the only daughter of the Pandavas . Born from t...
44.5K 2.7K 53
𝙰𝚗 𝚎𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛.. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚟𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛...