Carlo

By writer_LB

Book one of Carlo Life is a beautiful lie that everyone chooses to live and believe, and death is that evil t... More

Hey
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Aesthetic
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
</3

Chapter 49

10.7K 258 130
By writer_LB

As I watch Isabella run around the empty playground I feel conflicted. Carlo has been making phone calls for the whole time we've been here, non stop and the only time he hasn't been on his phone is when Izzy fell off a swing.

I am going to be a Mafia Boss.

Maybe.

Me. Adelaide Amore Rivera.

The girl that pushes doors that say pull.

I can't choose if I want to be the boss or let Carlo take over them both. I know that as soon as Carlo takes over them both I will just be sat on the side line and I will lose my family name.

Adelaide Amore Knight.

It has a nice sound to it. Gosh, am I even ready to get married?

"Del?"

What if we get married and he gets bored?

"Del?"

I'm not even good company. This might just be a little fling for Carlo, like in the movies.

"Del!?"

I shake my head to snap out of my thoughts and I come face to face with Izzy. Her small hands placed on the side of face whilst she stares into my eyes.

"Can we go get ice cream?" She asks.

I pull back and look around noticing that Carlo isn't anywhere.

"He went to make a phone call over there." She points to the back of a building.

I sigh before standing up and taking her hand in mine. "Let's go."

We walk towards a path and start looking for an ice cream shop. "I love you Adelaide." She smiles up at me when I look down at her.

"I love you too." I laugh and pinch her face playfully. She lets out a high pitched squeal before bumping into someone. Izzy falls to the floor with a bump and I quickly crouch down and help her up, dusting the dirt off her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." She mutters.

I stand up with her hand in mine and look at the person she walked into it. "I'm so sorry." The girl in front of me quavers.

"It's fine." I say with a small smile as I guide Izzy and I around her to the ice cream shop a few stores down.

Izzy runs inside and I put my hand on my lower back to make sure I can still feel my gun in my waistband.

"What flavour do you want Izzy?" I ask as she looks at the different flavours.

"Mint!" She shouts.

"Cup or cone?" I start to get my money out and step forward as the line moves.

"Cup. I like the spoons." She grins. Izzy spins around me as we wait for our turn in the queue. When it is our turn Izzy tells the person what she wants and I pay.

"Want to eat inside here or go back to the playground?" I ask.

"Stay in here." Izzy runs to a table with stools and stands next to the chair waiting to be picked up so she can sit.

I help her up and sit in front of her. "Izzy. If I um." I scratch the back of my head. "If I married Carlo, what type of wedding would you think it should be? I was thinking a woods."

Izzy smiles at me with mint ice cream around her mouth already. "I like the woods idea." She tilts her head to the side. "I saw this picture in a book mummy has and the lady is wearing a black dress. You could add loads of fairy lights around the entire place."

"What color would you want to wear?" My fingers trace the small indents on the table.

"Grey or green. Or both." She giggles. "Are you going to say what you two said when I got you two married?"

"Maybe." I smile softly.

I don't even know if we're getting married, Izzy.

The bell of the shop dings and I look behind Izzy to see Carlo looking around until his eyes find mine. He makes his way over to us with his hands in his suit pockets, Izzy turns around and looks back at me quickly.

"Don't tell him about the wedding planning!" I whisper to her with my pointer finger to my lips, shushing her.

She laughs and stuffs ice cream in her mouth. Carlo sits down at the round table we are sat at and squints at the both of us. We sit in silence before Carlo rolls his eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry Carlo, I should've told you We were leaving so you didn't think we got kidnapped. We should've asked if you wanted ice cream." He puts on a higher voice and says sarcastically.

Izzy slams her ice cream cup on the table and turns to face her older brother. "Oh I'm sorry Amore and Bella I shouldn't have been on my phone nearly the whole day even after I promised to spend time with you and have a fun day with you!" She glares at him after her sarcastic remark.

"Bella-"

She shushes him with her hand in the air whilst looking at me. "Can you take me home?"

"Mhm." I help her off her chair and grab her ice cream. Carlo follows us all the way back to the car and Izzy and I sit in the back of the car.

****

CARLO'S POV:

An hour has passed since we came home, Bella has been ignoring me but Adelaide will give me a small smile every now and again.

"No." I hear Adelaide say from the kitchen.

There's a few murmurs and I look over to Bella whom is on the other couch in the living room with me. Her eyebrows are furrowed as she looks towards the door and she looks at me confused before getting up and walking over to me. I hold her hand and we go to the kitchen.

"Are you deaf? I said no." Adelaide's voice sounds more annoyed.

"Please Adelaide, you and Carlo looked after him last time."

"Okay? Your point? He's your son, it's not my fault your wife has gone off to some place. I said no."

We walk into the kitchen and Tobias is standing close to Adelaide whilst she glares up at him. "It'll only be for an hour, I just have to find her. Please."

Adelaide rolls her eyes and holds her arms out. "Fine." She grumbles.

"Thank you, thank you." Tobias turns around for a second and puts Ricardo in her arms, Adelaide's face looks down at the kid disgustingly and fake smiles to Tobias.

He kisses the top of her head quickly and she moves away from him walking over to me and Bella. "Don't touch me." Is all she says to him as she stands very close to me.

"Come on." I wrap an arm around her waist with my other hand still in Bella's, and guide them to the living room once more.

Adelaide sits down crossed legged with Ricardo laying down in the middle of them, Bella sits next to her and plays with Ricardo's hands.

"I'm going to make a quick phone call." I announce.

"I don't know why you're telling us now, it's not like you've been doing it all day." Bella mumbles, Adelaide stifles a laugh and waves goodbye to me.

I wave back and walk out of the room to my bedroom. "Thank you for that." I say closing the door and seeing Tobias sat down.

"It's fine. I picked up the three that you said you liked so you could choose which one in person. Rose has gone with Giovanni and Alessia to meet up for the agreement, they've also gone to do the funeral thing because Adelaide refuses to do it and the only way you two can take over Rivera is if he has a funeral. The only thing Adelaide has said is that he needs to be here and not anywhere near her mom. Now if you will excuse me, I have to find my wife." He pats my shoulder and hands me the things I told him to pick up for me and walks out of the room.

I walk over to a broken floorboard and lift it up, placing the items inside it. Dusting my hands together I walk back downstairs to see Adelaide laid down with Ricardo in front of her and Bella hugging her slightly.

When Adelaide sees me she taps Bella's shoulder so she can sit up. She takes Ricardo in her arms and walks over to me. "Speak to your sister." She walks out to the kitchen to make Ricardo a bottle I'm guessing.

"Bella, I'm sorry about today." I start and go sit next to her. "But I need your help with something."

Bella looks at me confused. "What color do you want to wear at mine and Adelaide's wedding?"

Bella smiles "Why?"

"I want to marry Adelaide, But you're obviously going to be there so you need a dress. Or suit, you can wear what you want as long as it goes with the color theme."

"Green and grey." She hugs me tightly. "I knew what you were doing anyway. I heard you on the phone."

She laughs as she pulls away. "So why are you mad?" I protest.

"You didn't buy me ice cream like you promised." She shrugs and skips towards the door.

"Adelaide got you some."

"Yeah, but you were the one that told me you would get it, not her." And then she leaves laughing loudly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.1K 2.7K 104
Coming Into Your World I Fell In Love With You| "I'm...In love with someone who's in a TV show?! And he's not even in the show he's supposed to be a...
441K 8.6K 27
Katerina Russo a strong and dangerous assassin, that has a name made up for herself in the streets. Valerio Ferrari the Don to the Italian mafia, kno...
393K 9.4K 53
you heard my mother and my father story well its time to tell mine - sequel to loving aurora- Cordelia de Luca is a seventeen-year-old daughter of L...
22.8K 121 66
"Before i met you, I hated living. But now, I have a reason to live." He whispers. "You're the reason I breath and blink, Elizabeth." -- Elizabeth C...