The Red String of Fate

Oleh ThatOneLeviWhore

Growing up together in the Underground, Anya and Levi had been together ever since they could remember. Fate... Lebih Banyak

Nightmares and Daydreams
Of Broken Bottles and Broken Promises
The Letter
Their First Time
A Song for You...
Promises
Pain
Confrontation
Murderer
How Fate Almost Brought Me to You
Realization
Prelude
The Day I Lost You
The Day I Came Back to You
Lust
Decision
A Visit to the Palace
Sleep
The 104th Cadet Corps
A Week in Shiganshina
Safety
What Can Never Be
Confession
Demands
Their Last Time
Threat
The Morning After
A Night in Hell
Escape
Conformation: The Arrival of The Doctor
A Family Dinner
Revenge
Comfort
Apology
*Bonus update* AU- "What if we were the ones born in Marley?"
For The Boy Who Never Had a Father, and The Man Who Lost His Child.
The Wedding Part I 🔥
The Wedding Part II
His Question & Her Answer
Curse
Marley
Faith in Nathalie
Zeke
From One Universe to Another
Damage Undone
A Suit, A Dress, A Dare
Their Wedding and The Red String
Wedding Night
Peanut
Helpless
Silence
DeathBed
A Choice to Make
In the Depths of Despair
A Birth, A Death, and The Unknown
Awake
57. Always with You
A Thank You from the Author!
Epilogue - Dream Come True

News

116 5 0
Oleh ThatOneLeviWhore

Following their wedding night, Levi and Anya spent the next two weeks living their normal lives - there was no honeymoon, as Nathalie had her on a strict regimen and daily check ups, and thus they couldn't travel.

Levi would barely let her do anything around their quaint little home. He cleaned the whole house, top to bottom, and refused to let her lift a finger to help or even go near any cleaning products. He did all of the laundry, and only let her help with ironing things and putting them away. He still allowed her to cook, but Nathalie had her on a strict diet that would provide all of the nutrition she needed for herself and for those precious babies growing inside her. Her cravings were intensifying while her nausea slowly subsided but never really disappeared completely, and Levi was happy to send Mikasa or Jean to get her anything her heart, and her stomach, desired.

And every night since they found out she was to bear his children, bringing those sweet little lives into this world, he had fallen asleep cradling her belly after singing lullabies, wondering if they could hear him, or recognize their father's voice. Sometimes, during the day, he would stop what he was doing to kneel down and plant a kiss where he knew those perfect combinations of the two of them were growing, being nurtured by her. In their moments of rest and relaxation, when Anya would lay on the couch or the bed and read, Levi had taken to resting between her legs with his head on her hip as he talked to them, sang to them, and lay his bare palm on her bare belly - hoping to feel a kick, or even just the smallest movement.

When Anya would be nauseated, he would talk to them and ask them in the kindest tone to stop being brats to their mother - which surprisingly, on more than one occasion, worked. When she was fatigued, he would plant a soft kiss on her belly before carrying her to bed and holding her while she rested. As much as he was an insomniac before, now he was content napping with her throughout the day - knowing she, and thus the babies, were sleeping more soundly when she was wrapped up in his arms. When her mood would rapidly change, he'd rub her shoulders to help her calm. When her back hurt, and her belly began to grow, he would have her sit up in his lap while he massaged her aching back and released the tension she'd felt.

He took every opportunity to feel their little kicks, and everytime Anya felt one, she would rush to his side so he could feel it too. Be it for just a few fleeting moments or for upwards of twenty minutes, he would wrap his arms around her and feel as little feet kicked her belly and met his hand. He went to every doctor's appointment, and was always sorely disappointed when Nathalie refused to let either of them see the sonogram and ultrasound screens. He made sure Anya followed every bit of the routine Nathalie set forth for her, and read every book he could find on pregnancy and on being a father - after all, his only role model was Kenny, and what he provided wasn't Levi's idea of an ideal childhood.

When it was time to decorate the nursery, they picked out three cribs and bassinets - each in a different color - one grey, one green, and one yellow. He wouldn't allow her to put together any of the furniture, and when it came time to paint the room he entrusted Sarina, Connie, and Hitch to do the painting while he took Anya out of the house so she wouldn't breath in the harsh fumes - he later regretted not doing it himself, when he found paint splatters on the hardwood floors and discovered they had somehow painted the baseboards and crown moulding different color, while also managing to paint two accent walls instead of one. It looked like a messy, green and grey nightmare. He was sure he would have to have someone competent, like Mikasa and Jean, repaint it for them.

When Anya cried at the revelation of their children's room being painted haphazardly, her hormones a wreck from the pregnancy and her body in pain from carrying triplets, Levi stopped her from banning Sarina, Connie, and Hitch from their home and their childrens' lives, but being sure to never minimize her feelings - he knew that she was feeling everything a million times more than she ever had before, and even though he would be the first to admit some of the things she had said and done were truly ridiculous and downright comical, he also knew that his sweet wife was going through more than he could ever fathom.

But oh, how he wished he could bear more of the physical, emotional, and psychological burden she was bearing - all of it, to give him those three precious little children that he already loved more than anything he had ever loved and cherished before. He loved them more than he could even explain, and felt like words couldn't do justice to the feelings of joy in his heart and soul.

When they went into the city, he insisted she wear a face covering to protect her from the harsh fumes - in truth, he would have preferred she stayed back at home where the air was clean, but alas, she demanded to be there when the items they knew they would need were bought. A stroller with enough room for all three. Three car seats, all the most secure and safe that money could buy. A bright pastel blue diaper bag for her and a brown leather one for him. Enough cute little onesies and pajamas to fill the whole closet, in those same colors - grey, green, and yellow. One color per child, to help them keep track of who's who if they end up being identical. Sheets, blankets, swaddles, and toys. So, so many toys. And books, that he had already started reading to them through her belly on those late nights when sleep escaped her from them moving about.

Soon after, they started talking about names.

Kenny, Kuchel, Isabel, Eren.

Esther, Renate, Kristina.

Erwin, and Hange.

But most importantly... Furlan. They agreed that no matter what - if they had a son, his name would be Furlan.

And today, they would find out if they were having sons, daughters, or some combination of the two.

Anya lay on the bed in Nathalie's examination room, naked except for a hospital gown that barely covered her - her rapidly expanding yet somehow still cute baby bump making the fabric stretch in ways that exposed her. Her body betrayed her as she realized she had pee for likely the 50th time that day, and waddled her way to the bathroom - which thankfully, was attached to the exam room - and back again. Hopping up onto the table as Nathalie watched her and let out a small laugh,

"I know it's not your first time being pregnant, but have you ever done this before, like - where you've actually seen it ?" she asked, a grin still twitching on her lips as she held up the ultrasound wand and a bottle of the gel she needed for the process. Anya shook her head in response, and Nathalie sighed, "Well, shit. Anya, you know it's gonna feel weird, and this stuff is gonna be cold, but just hold his hand. Both of you look at the screen, and after I'm done checking everything, I'll explain it all to you. Its normal to feel a lot of things, or nothing at all - everyone is different"

They both nodded in response, and she reached her hand out to his. He intertwined her fingers, and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek as their attention was diverted back to the screen mounted on the wall. Nathalie poured the sticky gel on Anya's belly, thoroughly coating it and the wand itself before taking a deep breath in, and breathing out slowly, "Are you ready?" she asked, and with both of them nodding in approval through pursed lips, she pressed the wand down to Anya's stomach.

Levi's breath immediately hitched upon seeing the three moving forms among the static on the screen, "Is that..."

He could feel his heart swell with joy, excitement, and even a touch of anxiety. The last time he had seen them, Anya was just revived from the brink of death itself and those precious, sweet lives were little bean shaped barely moving forms on the screen that Nathalie quickly turned from his view. But now? Now they looked human. He could make out their little heads, arms, and legs. He could see them moving, kicking their little legs and flailing their arms. They were all pressed together tightly on the screen, when one would kick or flail towards another, they would respond in turn. He couldn't help but smile at the sight.

Anya let out a sob, ecstatic over seeing her babies for the first time. For every other appointment, Nathalie refused to let either of them see the screen just in case, but this time, Nathalie said it was safe - that most complications happen before 18 weeks, except in cases of trauma. "L-Levi... It-Its them," she looked towards Levi, and watched as he was captivated by the sight in front of him as tears silently fell from his eyes, She turned her attention back to the screen and gave Levi's hand a soft squeeze, "it's our babies,"

She was overjoyed. She could see them moving, almost as if they were playing with each other by doing their little kicks that Anya could feel inside of her. She could see their small limbs moving, their little noses, and their tiny mouths.One of them was sucking its thumb, One was kicking towards another, and the other who was being kicked kept flipping around. Truly, she was in awe at the sight. She already loved them so much, she felt like her heart could just burst at the feeling. She couldn't wait to hold them, to nurse them, to kiss their tiny little heads. Tears ran warm down her cheeks as all three sat in silence and looked at the screen in awe, smiles on all of their faces.

After a few moments, Nathalie was the first to speak, "Are you ready to see their little hearts beating?" Nathalie asked with a grin as she directed the wand to what looked like a small butterfly flapping its wings, and paused, "Baby #1, heart beating normal" she instructed her assistant as he jotted down her words.

Levi squeezed Anya's hand as he watched the fluttering of his child's heart beating. His child, and their little heart beating. He watched as Nathalie repeated the same actions and the same words - two more times, and he watched as those other two precious little hearts beat on the screen. The most joyous tears fell from his eyes as he watched Nathalie examine each one carefully - ten fingers, ten toes, 4 limbs, a full face on each one. She pointed out all the anatomical things - the kidneys, liver, lungs, and even their little brains.

And just as soon as it had started, Nathalie pulled the wand away and left the screen blank. Levi turned to her with a glare on his face, and Anya looked up at her with the saddest expression she had ever seen in those bright crystal eyes

"Do you want to know the genders?" she asked, an eyebrow raised and a cocky grin on her face as she relished in the contrast of the looks they were giving her - Levi, cleary not ready to stop seeing those little moving bodies and full of rage that it ended so soon, and Anya, sad and begging to see them if only for a moment longer.

"Yes!" They both cried out in unison, Levi's tone full of annoyance while Anya's was desperate.

Nathalie grinned and rolled her eyes, "fine," She applied more of the gel to Anya and the wand. She looked at them both, as they looked back at her with impatience growing. "First, if there's more than one girl you have to name her after me,"

"FINE!"
"Not a chance in hell,"

Nathalie laughed as she put the wand to Anya's skin, pressing down and moving around until she found what she was looking for, "First one is a girl," Nathalie said as she looked at the screen. She continued her search, and let out a small laugh "another girl," Anya let out a small groan, whereas Levi had a smile on his face that rivaled any that Anya had seen before. Nathalie continued her search, and stopped when she saw what she was looking for, "Hm, the last one..."

"Is something wrong?" Anya asked, fear ever present in her voice

Nathalie frowned in response, "well... unfortunately,"

Levi swallowed and looked Nathalie in the eyes, "What's wrong?"

Nathalie sighed, and reached her free hand behind her neck, "unfortunately there's nothing we can do at this point..."

"Oi! What the hell is wrong?!" Levi growled as Anya started sniffling and looked at him while squeezing his hand,

Nathalie sighed again, "Completely inoperable. Even my skills can't fix this...Damn."

"WHAT?! What's inoperable!!!?" Anya cried out. Her heart, hammering beneath her chest and tears gathered in her eyes.

"Fucking speak," Levi growled again. His patience wavering. "What the fuck is wrong with them?"

Anya couldn't take it anymore, and let out a sob as tears poured down her face. Levi broke his eye contact with Nathalie and pushed his chair closer to the bed, still holding her hand and using his free hand to wipe away her tears. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, "hey, it's okay, it's gonna be okay, we'll figure it out," his voice was barely a whisper, a contrast to his tone with Nathalie, "whatever is going on, we'll get through it okay?" Anya nodded slowly in response, as Levi kissed the hand that was holding his

"Fucking drama queens," Nathalie laughed, "nothing is wrong with them, but alas, baby number three is unfortunately a boy,"

"You fucking bitch," Levi growled, moving to stand up before Anya pulled him back down by his hand in hers,

Anya sniffled, and looked up to Nathalie again. "So... they're... okay?"

"Perfectly healthy,"

"Nat?" Anya asked.

"Yes?" Nathalie pulled the wand away again, finishing the examination.

Anya grabbed onto Nathalie's white coat, and pulled her down until their faces were inches apart. "If you ever fuck with me like that again, I'm going to kill you," she snarled the words out, and Nathalie knew she meant them

Nathalie threw her head back and laughed. "Understood, ma'am ," she teased. "Anyway, you two have to accompany me and Zeke to dinner tonight,"

Levi rolled his eyes, and let go of Anya's hand as he stood up and grabbed the bag of Anya's clothing to change into, "After that stunt you just pulled?"

"We have news" Nathalie smirked as she met Anya's eyes, still inches from her own face, "and it's good news"

"Is it about the babies?!" Anya asked worriedly. "O- Or did you figure out the curse and how to resolve it? Or-"

"It's about... something baby related," Nathalie laughed. "You'll have to come and find out,"

Levi groaned at her answer, "I swear to god, if you are keeping something from us about our childr-"

"I'm not!" Nat replied, "just shut up and go okay? You guys are going to find out at the same time as Zeke, for fucks sake,"

Anya's eyes lit up, "Are you-" she quickly found a hand over her mouth, and instinctively put out her tongue and licked her husband's hand until he pulled it away with an audible 'tch'

"Now I wanna see Zeke's face," Levi smirked, putting it together at the same time Anya did, "that bastard deserves to know you and I are important parts of her life, important enough to find out with him,"

"Just shut your annoying mouths and go to dinner with us!" Nathalie hollered as she released herself from Anya's grip and brushed herself off, "weirdos," she added as she picked up her chart and walked towards the door.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

132K 5K 43
{Levi x Reader} {Trilogy: Pt 2} **Read 'Breaking Barricades' first!** When one threat is eliminated, another will take its place. This time, Levi kn...
12.5K 220 63
(This fanfiction is being rewritten on a separate fic because of bad writing and story.) I'm a girl who just wanted revenge, with a secret past. He's...
127K 1.6K 6
Was it just attraction? The magnetic pull between you and your Corporal was something that tormented you for so long. Your body aches for his touch...
20.7K 512 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...