Zero | BNHA X OC (SLOW UPDATE...

By CrescentRWBY

"Why I want to be a hero...? What kind of hero I want to be...? I... I... I'm not sure myself... I don't know... More

Chapter 1 (S1)
Chapter 2
Sleeping Kuuga
Chapter 3
Kuuga and Jiro
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (S2)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
not a chapter
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (S3)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
New chapter?
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Thanks for 2k
Chapter 35
Ehhh
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Dot
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Sayo: "Yoohoo!
💞Save The World With Love!💞
🎞Futari no Hero chapter 1🎞
🎞Futari no Hero Chapter 2🎞
🎞Futari no Hero chapter 3🎞
Zero: Q&A and Feedback section
🎞Futari no Hero Chapter 4🎞
...
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 (S4)
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Announcement (important)
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Gear check!
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Notice
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 (S5)
Surprise! (Special Chapter)
Status update (not a chapter)
Spoookyyyyy
...
How original
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Not a chapter update
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
In All of Our Hearts
Competitive Bowling (Zero OVA)
Chapter 68
Photo issues (not a chapter)
Chapter 69
Father's Day Special Chapter
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Plans and Curiosity
🎞 Zero: Heroes: Rising Chapter 1
Advanced happy new year
🎞 Zero: Heroes: Rising Chapter 2
New Art
🎞 Zero: Heroes: Rising Chapter 3
Meet the characters
🎞 Zero: Heroes: Rising Chapter 4

Chapter 14

1.1K 42 1
By CrescentRWBY

Present Mic: "This year's sports festival, both have shown top performance! It's like two great rivals fighting against each other!"

Both fighters got into a stance.

Present Mic: "Now-Midoriya versus Todoroki! Start!"

Todoroki didn't waste any time and launched an ice attack towards Izuku, but the green-haired boy flicked his finger, sending a powerful gust of wind towards the ice, breaking it and scattering all over the place, Todoroki formed an ice barrier behind him, stopping himself from going out of bounds.

Present Mic: "Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!"

Todoroki launched another ice attack towards Izuku but was stopped once again by Izuku.

Present Mic: "He stopped it again!"

Todoroki launched another ice attack but was deflected again, leaving some of Izuku's fingers swollen. Kirishima is then seen returning to the spectators area.

Kirishima: "It started?!"

Kuuga: "It barely started. Just in time."

Kaminari: "Kirishima, good job making it to the second round."

Kirishima: "Yeah, I'll be up against you next, Bakugo. Let's have a good fight!"

Bakugo: "I'll kill you."

Kirishuma: (laughs) "I'd like to see you try! But man, you and Todoroki can both shoot off powerful attacks that cover a lot of ground. Like "Bam!"."

Sero: "And you can do it with no time lag."

Bakugo: "I'm not shooting them off. Don't underestimate 'em. If you overuse your muscles, the muscle fibers tear, and if you keep running, you'll run out of breath. Quirks are physical abilities too. They must also have some kind of limit."

Kuuga: "That's why the ideal approach is to develop your body and state of mind before developing your quirk. In that way, you can enhance your quirk with almost no struggle other than strains and minor injuries."

Kirishima: "If I think about it like that, I guess that makes sense… Then, against the instant-killer Todoroki, Midoriya wants…"

Kuuga: "An endurance match."

Izuku deflects another ice attack, damaging four fingers in his right hand, making Todoroki rush towards him to end the battle.

Present Mic: "Todoroki doesn't recoil from Midoriya's power and gets in close!"

Izuku sends a stronger wind towards Todoroki, who jumped over it and tried to punch Izuku from the top of his head, but he dodged to the side, making Todoroki punch the ground. Izuku blasted a huge gust of wind with his left arm to try and put Todoroki out of bounds, but he used his ice to stop going out.

The half-hand-half sent out what was assumed to be his final ice attack, but Izuku blasted it away with his broken finger, making it purple. The others looked in surprise from the counter attack, Kuuga looked in shock at the display.

Kuuga: (mutters) "He's going all out…?"

Todoroki begins running towards Izuku but Kuuga notices the slowness.

Kuuga: "His movements are slow."

Todoroki leaps to punch Izuku, but he counters by punching Todoroki in the guts.

Present Mic: "A solid hit! We've got some action!"

Todoroki tries to launch another ice attack but it releases slower than usual.

Kuuga: "The attacks are getting slower."

The match continues on with Todoroki freezing up more and more and Izuku slowly destroying his fingers.

Kuuga: "The match is becoming dangerous. It should've been stopped a while ago."

Izuku throws a huge punch on Todoroki's gut, who is standing still, getting pushed back and kneeling on one knee. Steam started to appear on Todoroki's left side, suddenly transitioning to flames.

Present Mic: "Th-This is…!"

Iida: "He used it!"

Kuuga: (shocked) "That's a first…"

Endeavor: "SHOTO!!!"

Present Mic: "Huh?"

Endeavor is seen walking down the stairs around the audience.

Endeavor: "Have you finally accepted yourself?! That's it! Good! It all starts from here for you! With my blood, you will surpass me… You will fulfill my desire!"

Present Mic: "Endeavor suddenly shouts encouragement…? Such a doting father."

Kuuga: "Desire?"

The two fighters formed a fighting stance with both quirks active. Cementoss stands up from his seat and starts to form a wall while Midnight starts to pull on her hero suit as purple mist starts to appear around her.

Kuuga: "I suggest all of you should brace."

Kirishima: "Huh?"

Kuuga's eyes glow as he forms a black mist barrier in front of his class, much to their confusion.

Iida: "What are you doing?"

Kuuga: "I don't plan getting blasted away. My mist can only do so much, if that explosion has intense heat, my barrier will shatter and the mist will dissipate."

Izuku blasts towards Todoroki, raising his arms while blasting towards him, Todoroki raises his hands and blasts his flames towards Izuku. Cementoss forms multiple barriers between the two, but it wasn't strong enough to stop the power of the two, the barrier shattered as a huge explosion occurred, shaking the stadium. Because of the strong force of wind, Kuuga fails to keep the barrier up due to the felt pressure and heat.

Kuuga: "The mist can't hold!"

Kaminari: "Man, seriously?!"

Yaoyorozu: "What happened?"

Present Mic: "What was that just now…? What the heck is up with your class?"

Aizawa: "The air that had been cooled thoroughly was suddenly heated up and expanded."

Present Mic: "That's what created this explosion…? Just how hot is that?! Jeez, I can't see a thing! Hey, who won the match?!"

The smoke disappears, revealing Midoriya leaning by the wall and dropping to the floor.

Midnight: "M-Midoriya is out of bounds… Todoroki advances to the second round!"

-------

Kuuga looks at the destroyed arena with a shocked expression before going back to his neutral expression. The Deku squad left the spectators area to check up on Izuku who's been taken away to be treated by Recovery Girl.

Kuuga: (mentally) "So he pushed Todoroki to use his flames… To push your limit that far… I can't- I won't…"

Kuuga looks at his hands as he clenches it.

Kuuga: (mentally) "Why am I scared...? Why am I hesitating because of mom?"

Kuuga groans in frustration mentally as he looks at Cementos fixing the arena.

Kirishima: "Oi, you okay?"

Kuuga raises his head to see Kirishima looking at him with concern.

Kuuga: (sighs) "I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

Kuuga notices the Arena fixed and Iida and Shiozaki about to fight.

Kuuga: "I'll be going now, I'm next in line after that match."

Kirishima: (grins) "Against Tokoyami, right? Be sure to go Plus Ultra, just like you said to all of us!"

Kuuga looks down at the side.

Kuuga: "Right…"

Kuuga left with a face of slight annoyance. Jiro noticed and decided to follow after him.

--------

Jiro is seen walking around the halls towards the waiting rooms, when she rounds a corner, she witnesses Kuuga talking to his mother in the halls, she backs away and hides behind a corner, unintentionally listening to their conversation.

Kuuga: "What are you doing here?"

Arcane: "I'm here to wish you good luck."

Kuuga: (scoffs) "I don't believe in luck. Surprised you're still here, besides, either way, you're gonna offer me a place in your agency. I'll tell you this, I'll take a temporary spot there and be a better hero than you, since you're not a hero in my eyes."

Kuuga was about to enter his waiting room.

Arcane: "I know, Kuuga."

Kuuga stops, holding the handle of the door.

Arcane: "I know you want to be better than me, because I already know you don't see me as a hero. You only call me one because the public says so, that's why I'm here, to support your quest as your mother, because I already know where I failed, and I wish I can fix it: To be there for you since you were little."

Kuuga remains standing, listening to her.

Arcane: "But, if you want to intern in my agency, it will be the same treatment. I still have the power not to accept you there even if you're my son. If you want to surpass me, show me that you're worthy to have a place here, every hero in my agency gets accepted if they are willing to push themselves in their capabilities and will not hesitate. But you, my son, are hesitating."

Kuuga flinches as he looks down at the floor.

Arcane: "Why do you want to be a hero, Kuuga? Don't tell me just because you have hatred in me."

Kuuga ignores her as he enters the waiting room. Arcane sighs as she walks down the hall, encountering Jiro standing by the corner.

Arcane: "Were you listening?"

Jiro stares into Arcane's eyes, seeing dozens of similarities between the mother and son.

Jiro: "N-No…"

Arcane: (sighs) "It's a yes. Look, I apologize if you had to hear all of that."

Arcane walks past her. Jiro gulps and walks towards Kuuga's waiting room. She opens the door to see Kuuga sitting on one of the chairs, looking down.

Jiro: (mentally) "Why be a Hero?"

Arcane: (mentally) "Why do you want to be a hero, Kuuga? Don't tell me just because you have hatred in me."

Those words echo through Kuuga's head as he looks down.

Jiro: "Hey…"

Kuuga snapped out back to reality, acknowledging Jiro's presence.

Kuuga: "What brings you here?"

Jiro: "I saw you looking down back there."

Kuuga: "Why do you care?"

Jiro: "Because you're my classmate that obviously needs help. Besides, you told me what that quirk of yours can do and why you hold back. And, I heard your conversation with Arcane."

Kuuga: "You shouldn't have heard all of those."

Jiro: "I did. Did you really want to be a hero because you hate her?"

Kuuga: (sighs) "For the most part, yes. And the rest, I don't even know… it got me thinking- what's my purpose at all? Why am I even doing this? Everyone here is going all out, but me, I don't want to."

Jiro: "Because you said that Class 1-A will go Plus Ultra in the finals, and they did. How about you take your own words and apply it for you. Prove to the other courses that all of us deserve to be in the hero course, and maybe you will find another reason to be a hero. Do it for the class, for me, and others who care for you. This festival isn't for our quirks, it's about our fighting spirit. If you're afraid to go all out, then why are you in the finals now? Deep inside, you want to win."

Present Mic: "Thanks for waiting! Now, let's get to the third match of the second round!"

Kuuga: "That's my cue, I gotta go."

Kuuga stood up from his seat and began to leave the room.

Jiro: "Hey."

Kuuga stops walking and turns around.

Jiro: "Good luck."

Kuuga stares at her before leaving the room completely. Jiro shortly follows, leaving the opposite direction.

--------------

Jiro is seen entering the spectators area after her talk with Kuuga, sitting by Tsuyu.

Present Mic: "This guy has shown an unusual and shocking fight, making his opponent MIST his shot to defeat him! From the Hero course, it's Kuuga Kiriu!"

The crowd roars.

Present Mic: "Versus- The man with an almost invincible quirk with offense and defense capabilities who ended his match in an instant! From the Hero course, it's Fumikage Tokoyami!"

The crowd roars again.

Tokoyami: "Let's have a good match, Kiriu."

Kuuga only nods in return. He looks up to see his mother and companions watching him with their arms crossed.

Present Mic: "The third match of the second round, begin!"

Tokoyami: "Go, Dark Shadow!"

Tokoyami summoned Dark Shadow as it rushed towards Kuuga.

Dark Shadow: "Got it!"

Kuuga: "Fine."

Kuuga's eyes glow as black mist spikes appear from behind him, going towards Dark shadow; the shadow dodges the spikes and tries to hit Kuuga, but he sends out a pulse of mist, pushing back Dark Shadow.

Present Mic: "Kiriu managed to dodge the unbelievably fast Dark Shadow! The battle isn't over yet, folks, the battle between Mist and Shadow continues!"

Black mists then surround the Dark shadow, tightening its grip, making the poor shadow tear up.

Tokoyami: (sweat drops) "Return, Dark Shadow!"

Kuuga: "Mist Dominance…"

Dark shadow tries to return, but the mist holding it suddenly connects to the ground, making a mist pillar to strengthen the grip. Kuuga starts walking towards Tokoyami, who sweat drops.

Present Mic: "Kiriu has him pinned!"

Tokoyami: (mentally) "N-No good…"

Kuuga: "I can manipulate the water droplets in the air as long as I can imagine it, I imagined the droplets around Dark Shadow and decided to control it, restraining your quirk, now that it's restrained, you either go out of bounds, or surrender."

Black mist then appears around Tokoyami's feet and hands, holding him in place.

Tokoyami: (sweat drops) "I-I give up…"

Midnight: "Tokoyami gives up! Kiriu advances to the third round!"

The crowd roars.

Mineta: "He won in an instant, defeating the one who did the same?!"

Tsuyu: "Kiriu's quirk is amazing."

Kuuga approaches Tokoyami.

Kuuga: "Nice match."

Tokoyami: (nods) "Same to you.

The two shake hands, turning Midnight on.

Midnight: "Oh, youth!"

Present Mic: "The winner is Kiriu! He advances to the third round!"

The two fighters sweat drop and exit the arena, Kuuga enters the tunnel and sighs as he sits by the wall.

Kirishima: "Oi, you okay?"

Kuuga looks up to see Kirishima looking at him.

Kuuga: "Yeah, you're next, right?"

Kirishima: "Yeah! Wish me luck!"

Kirishima gave a thumbs up as he excitedly walked out towards the arena as Kuuga walked back to the spectators area.

------

Bakugo and Kirishima are having a close-quarter battle with what appears to be favoring Kirishima, but Bakugo counters by giving multiple huge explosions at the red head, knocking him out.

Midnight: "Kirishima is immobilized! Bakugo wins!"

The crowd roars.

Present Mic: "With that vicious carpet-bombing, Bakugo advances to the third round! And that completes the final four!"

Third round:

Todoroki v.s Iida
Kiriu v.s Bakugo

Kuuga returns to the spectators area to see Izuku has returned, he ignores his presence as he makes his way to his seat.

Kaminari: "That was a good match, Kiriu!

Sero: (nods) "You had Tokoyami run for his money!"

Kuuga: (sighs) "It's nothing special."

Present Mic: "The first match of the semi finals! With both of them from hero families, it's a battle of the elites! From the Hero course, Tenya Iida! Versus- Also from the Hero course, Shoto Todoroki!"

Kuuga: (mutters) "Speed versus elements."

Present Mic: "Start!"

Todoroki fires an ice attack towards Iida, who dodges and runs towards the half-and-half's right flank. Todoroki launches an ice attack in his direction, making the speedy boi skid and run towards the right, surrounding him with ice.

Present Mic: "Oh, Iida's been surrounded!"

Todoroki fires another ice attack towards the trapped Iida.

Present Mic: "Todoroki is going in for the win right away!"

Iida jumps at the last second towards Todoroki, kicking him, and putting him to the ground.

Present Mic: "A direct hit!"

Kuuga: "Good hit."

Sero: "He got a pretty heavy hit in!"

Kaminari: "That kick was way too fast!"

Kuuga: "It is."

Todoroki tries to freeze the ground under Iida, but he jumps over it and grabs Todoroki's collar and begins to run towards the out of bounds line, dragging Todoroki like a ragdoll. But he suddenly stops, realizing his mufflers are plugged with ice, giving Todoroki the chance to freeze Iida's entire body, minus the head.

Midnight: "Iida is immobilized! Todoroki wins!"

The crowd roars.

Present Mic: "Todoroki advances to the finals without showing his flames!"

Izuku: "Iida…"

Kuuga stood up from his seat, ignoring everyone's good luck for him. He managed to glance at Jiro, who's looking at him with a concerned look. He sighs internally and leaves the spectators area.

----------

Present Mic: "Match two of the semi-finals!"

The crowd roars.

Kirishima: "This is gonna be good!"

The other students of Class A agreed while Jiro watches closely, seeing both fighters enter the arena. On the other hand, Todoroki is seen watching the match in a different location. Arcane and her companions watch tensely with Arcane showing slight concern.

Present Mic: "These two have also shown outstanding performance, Katsuki Bakugo versus Kuuga Kiriu!"

Bakugo: "I'll kill you, you damn Eye bags!"

Kuuga: "..."

Present Mic: "Start!"

Bakugo blasts towards Kuuga, who rolls out of the way, making multiple black mist spikes to attack Bakugo, but he is able to blast through them easily. He blasts forward again, managing to graze his left shoulder; Kuuga makes a black mist barrier, separating the two for a moment.

Bakugo: "This mist is annoying!"

Present Mic: "Kiriu has advanced this far with unpredictable movements and usage of his quirk, but it appears Kiriu is having some difficulties!"

Kirishima: "Kiriu, what are you doing!"

Ashido: "What's going on?"

Yaoyorozu: "There must be a reason."

Jiro: "There is."

They look at Jiro then to the match, to see Kuuga still behind the barrier, looking down while Bakugo tries to blast through.

Jiro: "His quirk's weakness is heat, but he doesn't have the will to fight this far. He said he's been holding back since the beginning."

Everyone looked at her confused.

Jiro: "Kirishima, can you call him and tell him to go all out while making an excuse?"

Kirishima: "Eh? Why me?"

Jiro: "You're the closest one to him."

Kirishima: "S-Sure…"

Kirishima took a deep breath.

Kirishima: "Oi! Kiriu! What are you doing?! It's not manly of you to hold back!"

Kuuga's eyes widen as he turns to the voice to see class 1-A watching him carefully.

Kuuga: (mutters) "Dammit…"

Bakugo: (unseen) "So you're holding back on me?! Fight back you bastard!"

Bakugo continues to blast through the mist barrier.

Bakugo: "Fight back, you bastard! I want to beat your ass with your full strength!"

The audience starts booing.

Other students from Class 1-A start shouting some encouragement.

Kaminari: "Go, Kiriu!"

Sero: "Go beat him!"

Jiro: "Show them you deserve your place! Be a hero!"

Jiro: (mentally) "Then why be a hero?"

Arcane: (mentally) "Why do you want to be a hero, Kuuga? Don't tell me just because you have hatred in me."

Kuuga: (mentally) "I don't know…"

Jiro: (mentally) "Deep inside, you want to win."

Kuuga: (mentally) "I know… I really don't want to lose…"

Kuuga looks up and grits his teeth.

Kuuga: (mentally) "I want to be a good hero!"

Kuuga instantly removes the barrier and sends black mist spikes to hit Bakugo, so fast that he fails to dodge and gets pushed back.

Present Mic: "Kiriu finally attacks back!"

Kirishima: "There he goes!"

Kaminari: "This ought to be good!"

Jiro smiles seeing Kuuga finally fighting in the match.

Kuuga stares down at Bakugo, who is standing at the other end.

Kuuga: "You want to beat me at my full strength… Come at me."

The glow on Kuuga's eyes glowed more as more black mist appeared around the arena.

Present Mic: "Kiriu is finally showing us some action!"

Bakugo smirks as he blasts towards him. Kuuga closes his eyes as he imagines his classmates' quirks that he wants to use.

Kuuga then took a step with his right feet, launching a mist attack, similar to Todoroki's ice towards Bakugo, his eyes widened as he directly got hit, being pushed back. Bakugo stood up in shock to see the solid mist dissipate, revealing Kuuga standing there.

Bakugo: "You bastard!"

Bakugo sprints forward with his palms open, he tries to blast Kuuga's face but he counters by pushing back the attacking palm, and letting out a mist pulse, similar to Bakugo's explosion. Making the angry possum get pushed back.

Present Mic: "Kiriu just showed those attacks for the first time, similar to Todoroki and Bakugo!"

Class 1-A looks on in shock at the display of power.

Kirishima: "Kiriu can do that?!"

Kaminari: "He just did an attack like Todoroki and Bakugo's.

Arcane watches in amazement, seeing her son going all out.

FlashBang: "Arcane, I guess he wants to win for real, huh?"

Arcane: "I guess he does."

Bakugo: "You copying bastard!"

Bakugo rushes towards him again, this time, Kuuga lets out a lifeless version of Dark Shadow, distracting him. Kuuga runs forward, with a black mist tail similar to Ojiro, earphone jacks similar to Jiro, pulsing mist that imitates an explosion similar to Bakugo, and his own mist spikes. Getting ready to attack Bakugo.

Present Mic: "What's this?! Kiriu literally turned into his whole class!"

Class 1-A looks in shock to see a carbon copy of their quirks.

Sero: "That's amazing!"

Ojiro: "He has my tail!"

Jiro looks in amazement at the display of power.

Bakugo angrily blasts the fake dark shadow, destroying it. Kuuga jumps him, poking him with the mist earphone jacks, then smacking him with the mist tail, and hitting him with the mist spikes from under, Kuuga leaps forward as he blasts Bakugo in the gut with the mist pulse.

Present Mic: "Looks like the tables have turned, Bakugo could not keep up!"

Kuuga's eyes start to bleed as he deactivated his quirk, with all the mist disappearing.

Bakugo: "You bastard… let's finish this- I'll kill you!"

Bakugo sprints forward, making an explosion from his palms.

Kuuga: "Got it. Bring it, Bakugo!"

Kuuga sprints forward, with multiple mist spikes alongside him.

Present Mic: "A head-on battle between the two! It's Mist versus Explosions!"

The two leaped towards each other with Bakugo readying a very big explosion.

Bakugo: "SHINEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Kuuga leaps forward, with his eyes bleeding more and more while the black mist spikes enlarged in size and thickness. The two quirks collide, making a huge explosion, covering the whole battleground in smoke.

Present Mic: "Aizawa, seriously, what are you teaching to your students?! Who won?"

Kirishima: "That's a big blast as well!"

The smoke clears to show the two fighters on the ground, with Bakugo with injuries, but conscious. On the other hand, Kuuga is seen just outside the out of bounds line, unconscious, and blood near his eyes.

Midnight: "Kiriu is out of bounds! Bakugo wins!"

Present Mic: "With this, the final match will be between Todoroki and Bakugo!"

The four cloaked individuals and Arcane went to the battle grounds and began to take Kiriu away.

Kirishima: "Oi, who are those people taking Kiriu away?"

Kaminari: "Beats me."

Jiro: "Those are his mother's companions."

Kirishima: "How do you know?"

Jiro: "I may have encountered them."

Sero: "I thought Kiriu would win."

Kirishima: "His fight… was fought so manly!"

Kirishima lets out some manly tears.

Jiro watches in concern to see Kiriu being taken away by the medical stretcher along with Arcane and the cloaked individuals.

End

3782 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 37 33
DISCLAIMER *If you are offended by swearing, gore, and violence do not read/report the story or comments. It is not fair to me or the other readers.*...
19.8K 516 65
The First Book of the 'Neither A Hero Nor A Villain' series "A hero doesn't kill and a villain doesn't save. So guess what, I'm neither a hero nor a...
350K 7.5K 55
You attend U.A. high school and start to make some friends, you thought everyone was nice until you met this one boy. He was hot tempered with a low...
32.5K 413 7
This story will be seven chapters, one chapter will be uploaded a day with the story finishing in a week. It is a short story of IzuMomoJiro. Each ch...