Urban Divinity

By jawncuffies

He slowly backs up until his back is against the wall like my own, "You're..my neighbor?" He points to my doo... More

BEFORE YOU READ
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
67
68
69
70
71
72
Drama & Clearing the Air
74
75
76
77

66

15.5K 873 374
By jawncuffies

"Yes, babe.. I know.. Did you look in the box?.." My eyes rolled as I listened to Dion complain about the crib he was struggling to build. He cursed as the sound of something snapping filled my ears, "The instructions says a goes into b but I can't find b and now I just found a bar that says c.. but I don't see c on the damn thing!" His voice raised as I listened to a loud bang on the other side. My eyes widened, "I told you to just wait until I get back! Why stress yourself?" I hold the phone against my cheek with my shoulder as I sanitized my office from my last patient.

He sighed loudly, "Because you're pregnant and it's my job to built shit! I'm the dad! I gotta be able to build shit like a deck or sumn." He mumbles angrily and I laugh, "One, you are not Bob the builder. Two, You built the tv stand and that's good enough." Knocking sounded on my door, making me hurriedly finish wiping down my office bench.

"One moment!" I call out and throw away the trash, "Baby, imma call you when I'm in the car. My patient is early.. Bye Bye." I rush and listen to Dion groan, "If they're early then they can wait. This is important. Where the fuck our child finna sleep, bae? " I roll my eyes, "We got nine months to worry about that.. Right now, my patients come first.. Ill see you later." I blow him kisses through the phone and listen to him grumble about stupid sick kids, "Maybe those kids needs to sit the fuck down somewhere so they don't get sick. Boom. Problem solved." He grumbles and blows me a kiss back, "I'll tell them that. Byeeeee." I hang up quickly and laugh.

Knocking sounds again and this time I quickly answer the door, swinging it open to see Tasha, smiling ear to ear.

I raise a brow, "Yes?" She doesn't even respond as she makes her way in the room and sits down in my chair. I cross my arms, "Everything good?" I ask again and she looks at me, this time her smile falling, "Actually. Now that you mention it, everything is horrible." My eyes widen at her switch up as she raises her hand, "My best friend suddenly has way less hours, she's cranky and mean to me," She starts counting on her fingers as she eyes me angrily, "And won't even answer the phone when I call." I guiltily look to the side, "Well I have a good excuse.. this time." She crosses her arms as she leans back, "Oh really? What?" She looks down at my hands as I play with my fingers.

"I've been.. pregnant.. for about a little while now.." I speak slowly as her eyes begin to widen. They drop to my stomach and then back up to me, "There's a fetus in there? Like growing inside u? Stealing your nutrients and shit?" I laugh as I nod my head, making her gasp loudly. "And you just now telling me?!" Her voice raised and I quickly shushed her as I locked the door.

"Because I just told Dion on Christmas! He had to know first!" I explain and she eyes me before sighing softy, "Fine.. and did he surprise you too?" Her brow raises as her eyes drop to my hand. I frown as my heart sinks a little, "No.. I was hoping for a ring on Christmas.. but I suppose I'll wait longer.." Her eyes widen as she gets up, "You don't have a ring?! After all this time?!" She yells and I quickly throw my hands over her mouth, "Stop!! No yelling before we get in trouble!!" I whisper shout and she pulls my hands off.

"You let that man nut in you but your finger bare?? You tryna be just a baby mama?" She looks at me like I'm crazy and I quickly shake my head, "No! I just don't wanna be too pushy.. I want a ring still, of course, but I won't force him into marriage.." I try to reason but her face remained scrunched up with anger.

"You better grip him up by his shirt and demand a ring. I mean, grab him by the curls on top of his head if you have to." She grips up my shirt and I laugh weakly as I subtly pry her hand off, "He doesn't have curls to grip and he too scared to let me touch his waves.. Imma have to grip him by the ear or sumn.." She eyes me for a second before nodding her head, "Fine.. As long as he get gripped up." I laugh softly and hear a knock on my office door.

"If he don't propose by New Years then Imma whoop his ass. I mean it." She gets up from her chair and I nod my head quickly. "Don't let him trap you if he won't marry you.." She looks me up and down one last time before unlocking the door and letting my next patients in.

I greet them nicely as I watch her walk out the door.

___________
DION POV:

This fucking crib.

This the second hour I've been tryna piece this bitch together and I swear I'm bout to just gorilla glue this shit in place.

I pick up the screwdriver and start undoing two wooden plants that didn't belong together, "Fucking instructions in German.. how the fuck imma read that?! Don't no niggas live in Germany." My hands gripped the pieces as I ripped them apart and tossed them back on the carpet.

My phone ringing beside me almost made me snap as I picked it up and and answered it, "What?! Damn!" I yell and instantly yelling from the other end makes me shut up.

"YOU CHICKEN NECKED BIG FOREHEADED WANNA BE USHER ASHY ASS LIL BOY!!" Tasha's scream made me jump as she started going off, "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME ALL THAT STRESSIN OVER A RING WAS FOR MOTHER FAWKIN NOTHING?!" Tashas loud voice made me flinch as I moved the phone away from my ear. She wasn't done as she took in a big breath, "You dont spent how long buying balloons, a dress, the FUCKING RING, and trying to make reservations for you to not even ASK?! What the FUCK are you waiting for Dion?!" My lips stuttered as I tried to take in everything she was saying.

"I-I don't know! The perfect time?! It was just Christmas two days ago and it didn't feel right! Then she told me she was pregnant and now I really gotta rush and I have less time!" I yelled back and tried to clear my name but I knew she wasn't buying it as she sucked her teeth, "Mmcht. You could have asked her before or sumn! Jocelyn wouldn't care if you asked her in a grocery store! You might as well do it when she gets home!" She snaps and I sigh loudly, running a hand down my face.

"It doesn't matter if she doesn't care. She deserves a good proposal. I'm not settling for sumn lame and acting like that shit is okay." I snap back and get up from my place on the rug. "Well why don't you do sumn on New Years?? You have 2 days to make a reservation. Everything else is set up perfectly at this point." I nod my head and make my way to my office, "Where? She doesn't even like expensive food. Last time we left Le Coo Cue because she said it didn't taste like anything." I sigh loudly remembering the bill I argued to not pay because the nasty food.

"Then get a fucking balcony hotel and order her favorite foods. Eat and watch fireworks! Simple! Or get a fucking boat! Either way you need to propose ASAP." She snaps and I roll my eyes, "Nah fr? I ain't peep." I snap back and listen to her groan on the other end.

"Imagine how Jocelyn feels right now. She just left two abusive relationships to live in New York with a bachelor hot guy who knocks her up and hasn't even hinted at a ring!" She almost screams, "You know how terrified she is to push for a ring because she doesn't want to scare you away?" My heart drops as Tasha yells.

I knew she wanted a ring but to be scared to lose me?..

"I-I didn't know! She was so chill about it!" I tried to reason but we both knew I was at fault. My hand moves to my desk draw and I open it, seeing the small black box inside, "I'm going to ask her on New Years.. Just make sure she doesn't lose hope.." I sigh softly.

"I will.. Don't fuck this up. She deserves her happy ending, Dion." Tasha snaps before the line cuts, leaving me in my silence.

I pop open the black box and look at the sparkling ring, "Two days.. That's all I need." I pick my phone up and text Tasha as I rush out to the front door.

ME: Call Her favorite nail spot. Set an appointment for 5. Her hair place for 6:30.. I'll handle everything else.

Tasha: Good. I'm on it.

I snatched up my car keys as I rushed out the house, "Fuck I gotta buy a boat." I rush back inside and grab my wallet off the side table.
___________

AUTHORS NOTE:
Ah true love~ so sweet~ mwa mwa~

AYEEE WE REACHED A MILLI READS!! LETS GOOO 😩❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 721 10
He was the strictest Dom, loves to control women and she was a free bird, didn't like to be controlled by anybody. He was into the BDSM and she hate...
1.8M 96.9K 67
"So when you gon' stop playing and let me hit that shit, Zuria?" Mitch asked while he smoked a blunt in my mother's living room and we both sat on th...
891K 8.8K 7
Warning‼️This book contains abtruse topics such as Dark love, Abuse, Violence etc. You have been warned. "I thought after 3months of dealing with m...
1.5M 31.5K 24
"Please dont do this, I don't want it. Please." I plead with him but it's no use. He walks over to me and slams his hand on the wall next to my head...