FELLOWSHIP || Ateez Fanfiction

By Poicatari

In the strange, magical world of Wolkmaar the young captain Hongjoong and his new crew, Seonghwa, a man from... More

Intro: The crew and Wolkmaar
Chapter One: Halt in Kroosborg
Chapter Two: Treasure Hunt
Chapter Three: Run Away
Chapter Four: Caring
Chapter Five: Storm
Chapter Six: The Clairvoyant
Chapter Seven: Kruslfaesd
Chapter Eight: Into The Unknown
Chapter Nine: Snowfall
Chapter Ten: Ispaledts
Chapter Eleven: Burglary
Chapter Twelve: Falling
Chapter Fourteen: Deceived
Chapter Fifteen: Investigation
Chapter Sixteen: Alone
Chapter Seventeen: Family
Chapter Eighteen: Decayed
Chapter Nineteen: Chased
Chapter Twenty: Faisnvild
Chapter Twenty One: Unwelcome
Chapter Twenty Two: Nervous
Chapter Twenty Three: Spooked
Chapter Twenty Four: Trapped
Chapter Twenty Five: Kidnapped
Chapter Twenty Six: Enamored
Chapter Twenty Seven: Blinded
Chapter Twenty Eight: Coel Wajasi
Chapter Twenty Nine: Brotherly Love
500 Reads Special
Chapter Thirty: Information
Chapter Thirty One: Training
Chapter Thirty Two: Temple
Chapter Thirty Three: Through Wind and Storm
Chapter Thirty Four: Undiscovered Lands
Chapter Thirty Five: Foreign Island
Chapter Thirty Six: Split Up
Chapter Thirty Seven: Regret
Chapter Thirty Eight: Ungrateful
Chapter Thirty Nine: Going Back
Chapter Forty: The Border To Darkness
1000 Reads Special
Chapter Forty One: Memories
Chapter Forty Two: Trying To Escape
Chapter Forty Three: Rebellion
Chapter Forty Four: Inside The Dungeon
Chapter Forty Five: Hide and Rest
Chapter Forty Six: Exploring Nekra Cueda
Chapter Forty Seven: Set Me Free
Chapter Forty Eight: Into The Jungle
Chapter Forty Nine: Old Letter
Chapter Fifty: Dugang
Chapter Fifty One: House Number 666
Chapter Fifty Two: Just Imagine
Chapter Fifty Three: Wolkmaar History Lesson
Chapter Fifty Four: Rivalry

Chapter Thirteen: New Friends

61 3 0
By Poicatari

Yunho POV
Not much happened the past week, apart from exploring two small islands.
I am currently at the wheel and about to fall asleep because nothing is happening. Mingi climbs onto the deck and walks over to me.
"Hey! You look bored.", he says.
"That's because I AM bored. What have you been doing all morning?"
"Hongjoong taught me more math and then I read for a bit. Did you know that less than half of Nekra's population are natives because of the islands from other countries that they have conquered. But only about 5 percent of population are mixed because there is a lot of rivalry and hatred between the Nekra Islands and the conquered Islands."
"Interesting. I wish I could just go and play with the others right now."
"I wish we could play football or basketball or anything like that. But I guess that is impossible when you are on a ship."

"Hey, Yunho there is an island to our right!", San shouts.
"I will inform Hongjoong.", Mingi says.
I navigate towards the island. As we get closer, I can see a small village and a big sign that says "Welcome to Waerglunt!". Slowly everyone gets onto the deck. I park the ship at the harbor and walk towards the others who gather around Hongjoong.
"Where are we?", Jongho asks.
"Will we go treasure hunting?", Wooyoung asks.
"Are we going to eat something at the village?", Yeosang asks.
"We are just behind the border, the village is called Kraentshoop. We are going to eat something and maybe go treasure hunting. If I remember correctly there should be an inn that has very good fried chicken.", Hongjoong answers.
"Chiiickeeen!!!", Yeosang exclaims.
We leave the ship. At the same time a group of men leaves the ship next to us. We greet each other then the smallest and youngest looking among them approaches us. He is much tinier than our captain and I am unsure if he is even an adult.
"Excuse me do you know if there is a place where we could eat?", he asks.
"We were about to go there.", I say.
He looks up to me for second before he shyly looks somewhere else.
"Ehh... can we go with you then?", he asks.
"Sure, let's go.", Wooyoung says and puts his arm around the tiny man's shoulders. He seems to be very flustered by that. His five friends follow behind him.
"Are you also treasure hunters?", Wooyoung asks.
"Yeah..."
"Oh, nice. I am captain Hongjoong by the way. And you?"
"I am captain Jay."
"Oh you're the captain? You look like the youngest though.", San says.
"I am the oldest... I became the captain after our former captain started a family."
"Apropos I am Wooyoung."
"San."
"Mingi."
"Jongho."
"Ehh...Yeosang."
"Seonghwa."
"And I am Yunho."
"Cool. I am Bobby, that is DK, the pretty guy behind me is June, this is Song and that guy is Chan, our youngest."
"Oh, but those are not your real names, are they?", Mingi asks.
"Of course not. We just thought that we should have cool names as treasure hunters.", DK explains.
Hmm maybe we should also have cool names like... Well or maybe not.

We arrive at the inn. We sit down at a table with the other treasure hunters.
We order a lot of fried chicken. Yeosang exitedly jumps up and down on his chair as it arrives. He must really love chicken.
The other treasure hunters whisper to each other while they are still waiting for their food. Since I am sitting next to them I try to hear what they are saying.
"They might know about these things better than us."
"It's not bad to have a little bit of help."
"They seem nice."
Their food arrives which interrupts their discussion. We chat a bit together then Jay suddenly asks us an unexpected question:
"Do you want to search for a treasure with us? We heard about a ruin on an island nearby. Apparently there is a great treasure there."
"Yeah, why not. We aren't in a rush to get to Muelstatt.", Hongjoong says.
We finish our lunch and go back to our ships.
"Just follow behind us. I will lead you to the island.", Bobby says and smiles cutely.

We go on board. Hongjoong decides to navigate the ship this time while the rest of us sit down on the deck.
"Wow they are so cool. They seem so much more experienced than us.", Seonghwa says.
"I liked Bobby especially. He seems so care-free and optimistic.", Mingi adds.
"Their captain is also amazing. He is so handsome and seems so professional. I hope I can talk to him more. Maybe I could invite him over for dinner.", Wooyoung rambles with a big smiles and sparkling eyes. Yeosang giggles.
"Seems like you're eager to make him your friend. Don't scare him off again like you did with the cook back then.", he says.
Me and the others look confused at them.
"Ah... eh. When we were servants in the castle Wooyoung really wanted to become friends with the cook.
The cook was a bit shy and he got scared because Wooyoung was so talkative and touchy. He thought he just wanted him to trust him and then stab him in the back, get rid of him and take over his position. But they still became friends in the end.", Yeosang explains.
"I hope he is okay.", Wooyoung says. He seems a little bit sad for a second.
We play rock, paper, scissors for a bit.
The loser gets hit on the forehead.
"Rock, paper, scissor.", we shout.
San loses the round.
"Eek.", he exclaims as I hit him on the forehead.
"Rock, paper, scissors."
Mingi loses this time.
"Ahh no.", he shouts while throwing himself to the ground.
The next round Seonghwa is the loser, then Mingi loses again and San also loses another round.
"Okay for the last round. The loser gets hit by Jongho.", I announce.
The others look at Jongho fearfully. The youngest crewmate laughs evilly and cracks his knuckles.
"Rock, paper, scissors."
I choose scissor which was the right decision. Only Wooyoung, San and Mingi are left. Wooyoung wins.
"Yeees! Thank god!", he screams.
Which leaves only San and Mingi.
"Rock, paper, scissors."
San shows rock while Mingi shows scissor. San cheers and hugs me.
Mingi rolls around on the floor and whines.
"My time has finally come.", Jongho says with a mischievous grin on his face.
"Maybe we should support Mingi's neck, just in case.", Seonghwa says.
He sits down behind Mingi and holds his neck. Jongho gets in position to hit him. Mingi closes his eyes. It makes a really loud sound when Jongho hits Mingi who falls backwards into Seonghwa's lap.
"Ouch."
"Whoa. That sound. Are you still alive Mingi?", Yeosang asks.
"I'm not sure."
"Sorry.", Jongho says, giggles and ruffles through Mingi's hair.

Then we reach the island. It is not a very big island and there is only a forest on it. We meet the other crew in front of our ship.
"From what we've heard, the entrance to the ruin must be somewhere in this forest. I mean it is also the only thing on this island... Ehh... so, yeah..., let's go. ", Jay says.
We follow him into the forest and keep an eye open for anything that could be an entrance to the ruin.
"Do you know what awaits us in the ruin? Last time we were in one, there was a puzzle that we had to solve.", Mingi asks Bobby.
"Nah, no idea, man. We heard about the ruin from two adventures who didn't come very far because you apparently need several people to open the first door. We'll see it when we get there."
"I just hope that there aren't any dangerous traps or something like that.", Seonghwa says.
"There can be traps?! ", Chan asks.
"Hongjoong said he and his parents had some traps in one ruin."
"It's okay, Chan. Just stick to us and be careful. We will send Jay ahead anyways, so he will be the first one to fall into the traps.", June comments.
"That's good."
"Yeah, yeah. Just send me out to die. Seems like I can't really count on you again.", Jay says. His crew giggles. Apparently we are not the only crew that likes to tease their captain.

We search for an hour until I finally discover something. There are stairs that lead downwards hidden behind some bushes.
"Hey over here!", I shout. The others run over to me.
"Good job, puppy.", San says.
"It looks like it's going to be dark down there. Did you bring torches?", Song asks.
"Of course.", Hongjoong says.
We take out our torches and slowly go down the stairs. We reach a stone door that is half way open. One by one we go through the opening. On the other side of the door is a big room with a bunch of pressure plates on the floor. On the other side of the room is a big closed door and on the sides are reliefs.
The pressure plates are arranged kind of weirdly. In the first row are two pressure plates with a big gap between them. The second row has only one pressure plate in the middle. In the third row are three pressure plates next to each other and the last row has one pressure plate in the middle again.
"What's this?", June asks.
"A puzzle, obviously. But how do we solve it?", DK replies.
"Let's take a look around and see if we find any clues.", Jongho suggests.
"Okay but don't press anything, kids.", Jay says.
I take a look at the reliefs. San follows me. The relief shows people standing around what I think is a lake that is surrounded by palm-trees on a sunny day. San quickly moves from one relief to another while I am taking a closer look at the first one. Maybe there is a secret clue hidden in them.
Could the position of the sun be a clue.
"Guys, isn't it easy?", San suddenly says, "Each pressure plate represents one country in Wolkmaar, their position is the same as on maps of Wolkmaar and reliefs show four different countries. We just got to stand on the four pressure plates that represent the countries that are shown."
"I don't think that's it, San.", our captain says.
"Not?"
"Let's take a closer look at the pressure plates, San.", Seonghwa suggests.
San pouts and waddles over to Seonghwa.

I move on to the next relief. It shows mountains and people walking through snow. The position of the sun is different this time. I might be onto something.
"Have you found out anything yet?", Yeosang asks me.
"I think it might have something to do with the positioning of the sun."
"I think that could be it. Although, I am not sure how much sense the positions of the pressure plate make with this."
"And there is no sun in the last relief.", Song adds. I get a bit startled by his sudden appearance.
"Sorry, I shouldn't have sneaked up from behind."
"It's okay. But maybe there is a moon on it?", I ask.
"No."
"What do you think is the solution then?", Yeosang asks.
"I thought it might have something to do with the amount if people in each relief."
Five minutes later we discuss what we have found.
"All of the pressure plates look the same. So no clue there.", Seonghwa says.
"Apart from the reliefs there is also nothing special in this room.", Bobby comments.
"So the solution must be somewhere in these reliefs.", Mingi concludes.
"As I sai..", San speaks but gets interrupted by Song.
"I think the solution are the people in the reliefs. In the first one there are five, so we have to stand on the fifth pressure plate. In the next one are three. In the other one are two and in the last are seven."
"Good idea but how do we know what the seventh and what the first pressure plate is?", Jongho argues.
"Couldn't the position of the reliefs be the solution? Maybe we just have to stand on the plates on the side.", Wooyoung explains.
"I think our best guess is to do what Song said.", Hongjoong says.
"And what if it is wrong?", Seonghwa asks.
"Then we hope that nothing bad happens.", Bobby answers.
"Okay, let's count from here.", Song says.
He steps on the pressure plates that he thinks are right but nothing happens.
"The adventurers said you need several people to open the door. Maybe four people have to stand on the pressure plates instead of pressing them in a certain order.", Jay states.
Chan, Wooyoung, DK and me go to stand on the pressure plates. Song places Chan on the pressure plate on the right side in the first row. Wooyoung stands on the pressure plate in the second row. I get step onto the pressure plate in the middle of the third row and DK stands behind me on the pressure plate near the closed door. I can hear a sound, the entrance closes and the ceiling starts getting lower.
"Oh, ****!", Booby exclaims.
"What do we do now?!", Seonghwa shouts in panic.
"Let me...", San wants to say something but gets ignored again.
"Stay calm. Let's think what else could be the solution.", Hongjoong says.
San stomps towards me. His expression frightens me. He looks furious.
"W-what...", I stutter.
But before I say anything he pushes me onto the pressure on the left.
I hear a clicking sound. Both doors open and the ceiling goes up again.
The others look at us confused.
"What did you do?", Hongjoong asks.
"Solve the puzzle.", San replies in an annoyed tone.
"B-but how?", Chan asks.
"It's just as I told you earlier. The reliefs show different countries and the pressure plates are positioned like the countries. You all just ignored me...", San whines.
Wooyoung wraps his arms around him. "We are sorry, Sannie."
We all say sorry to him.

We move on to the next room.
It is empty. The only thing that is striking is that there is a huge stripe of different colored slabs in the middle of the floor.
"An empty room?", Mingi says.
Jay walks a few steps forward. As soon as he walks onto the different colored floor, the slab on which he stepped falls down.
Wooyoung quickly catches him before he falls. I look down the hole that he left. It seems like under the different colored floor is an at least eight meter deep pit.
"How do we get on the other side then?", Hongjoong asks.
"There is probably a path that we have to find out.", Yeosang comments.
"Oh, I have an idea.", Wooyoung says and runs out of the ruin.
A few minutes later he is back with a big branch. He carefully hits one of the slabs with the branch. It falls down immediately.
Oh I see. He is going to test where the floor collapses and where not with the branch. After testing three slabs he finally finds one that doesn't fall down. He walks onto it and tries to find the next one. We slowly follow him until we all make it to the other side. The door opens as we approach it.

Behind the door is a corridor with two rooms on either side. In each of the rooms is a pressure plate with a symbol on it.
"Maybe this time we have to press them in the right order.", Yeosang says.
"Let's look around and find out what the order is then.", Jay states.
"I think I already found it.", Mingi exclaims and points at the symbols above the door.
"Doesn't that seem a bit to easy?", San remarks.
"Maybe we could look around a bit more but if we don't find more then I guess that is it.", I propose.
"Cool. I will look around in this room over there.", Bobby says.
I stay in the corridor with Mingi and search for more symbols on the wall.
"This ruin makes me anxious. I hope this is the last puzzle we have to solve.", Mingi comments.
"I think it's quite fun."
"But what if there is a deadly trap. We almost got squeezed by the ceiling in the first room."
"I said I would protect you."
"But I don't want you or any of the others to get hurt either."
"You just have to believe in us. We can easily solve these puzzles."
"Have you found anything?"
"No. You?"
"Nope."
The others also didn't find anything else, so we decide to just go with the order above the door.
The two captains, Wooyoung and June go each into one room.
"Hongjoong, you have to go first.", Mingi shouts.
Hongjoong steps onto the pressure plate. A clicking noise can be heard.
"Wooyoung is next."
Another clicking noise occurs.
"June, it's your turn."
The same noise again.
"And Jay."
There is a rumbling then the doors to the four rooms close.
"No ****! Wooyoung are you okay!", Yeosang shouts.
"Yeah!"
"We are just stuck in here. Otherwise we are okay.", Hongjoong explains.
"We are going to search for a way to open the doors.", DK says.
"I told it seemed off.", San comments.
"What do we do now?", Seonghwa asks.
"I guess we have to search every corner of this room to find any clues or anything like that.", Jongho says.
We take a close look at everything in this corridor. I can't really see anything that could help us.
"I think I found something.", Song suddenly exclaims.
I go to him and look over his shoulder.
"This stone in the wall is a bit loose.", he says and tries to get it out. He is struggling a lot, the stone is barely moving.
"Wait, let me help you.", Jongho says.
He is able to pull the stone out. Now there is a dark hole in wall. Chan tries
shed light on it with his torch but we still can't see much.
"I guess someone will just have to put their hand in there. Any volunteers?", Song asks.
"I'll just do it.", Bobby replies and fearlessly puts his hand in there.
"I can feel a button. I will press it."
There is another rumbling noise and the doors to the four rooms and the door to the next room open.
"Yeah, we are free again!", Wooyoung screams.

The next room is completely empty. The is also no door on the other side.
"Shouldn't that be the room with the treasure?", San asks.
"There was probably someone here before us. I guess we did all of that for nothing.", Yeosang replies.
"Let's not give up yet. Maybe it's another puzzle.", I say.
We look around. I look at the ceiling which does seem a little bit weird. It seems like the middle part could open up. But how?
"I think I found something.", Seonghwa says.
We gather around him.
"It sounds kind of hollow when you knock here.", he says.
Jongho motions us to go to the side. He throws himself against the wall which collapses and reveals another room.
In the middles of the room is a round table that has an indentation in the tabletop. Next to it is a bowl with painted wooden pieces.
"Looks like a puzzle game to me.", Yeosang asserts.
We put together the puzzle which takes a while. The picture on it shows Muelstatt's castle. As soon as Mingi puts the last piece in, a bang can be heard from the room next us.
We run back into the room and a huge chest stands in the middle of it. I look at the ceiling and just as thought the middle opened up and the chest fell down from there. It was good that nobody stood there in that moment.
We open the chest and there are a lot if different things in there. Mostly stuff we could sell well but also some crystals and gold.
"Let's bring the chest to our ships and then split everything.", Jay suggests.

We go back the way we came. It was a bit difficult to transport the chest over the invisible path in the second room but everything went well. We try to split the loot as fairly as we can before all go to bed because we are super tired.
The next day we eat our breakfast on our main deck with the other crew.
"I had a lot of fun yesterday. I hope we can stay friends.", I say.
"Me too. I hope we will see each other again.", Bobby says.
"Yeah, you guys are great. I hope we can on a adventure with you again in the future.", Jay adds.
"I hope so, too.", Hongjoong comments.
"Where are you going next?", Wooyoung asks.
"We will go treasure hunting in the Neutral Zone. You will go to Muelstatt, right? We are originally all from there. Also the winterfest might start on the day you arrive there.", Chan tells.
After breakfast we say goodbye to each other and they go back on their own ship.
I really hope that we will see each other again. They were really nice.
I am also excited to see Muelstatt again. I have been there twice but never during the winterfest. I heard it's starts with a parade on the first day.
Only eight more days until we are there...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 514 23
Ateez fanfiction Short story Three Sons of a Mafia boss try to escape from the cruel world they live in, only to run into the arms of the Treasure ga...
2.1K 67 11
Y/N doesn't remember her childhood or her life before coming to this bustling port City and being married off. 8 pirates save her... did they find th...
93.7K 4.5K 38
When the poor sweetheart Wooyoung meets the annoying and mean Prince San, he suddenly can't help being attracted to him. ...
1.5K 119 20
Dread is the only thing filling the air as the young men wait in trench for their doom to come. The war is nearing it's end yet everyone is too afra...