𝙇𝙖𝙘𝙪𝙣𝙖

By N1ya3h

la·cu·na /ləˈk(y)o͞onə/ noun 1. an unfilled space or interval; a gap. Evi Jenson moved to Seattle from France... More

0
Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ Oɴᴇ {1.1}
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴛᴡᴏ {2.1}
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
2.10
2.11
2.12
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.23
2.24
2.25
2.26 & 2.27
Season 3 {3.01}
3.02
3.03
3.04
3.05
3.06
3.07
3.08
3.09
3.10
3.11
3.12
3.13
3.14
3.15
3.16

2.22

706 19 0
By N1ya3h

Evi was in a random OR Gallery where Cristina is pacing and Meredith and Izzie are knitting.

"Who doesn't know Madonna?" Cristina complains.

"Sore loser." Evi says disguising it with a cough.

"I am not a sore loser. You know, and so what if I am? See, the whole point of games is that there's a winner. A first place. You want a second best surgeon operating on you? No, you want the very best. And second best is mediocre. And to settle for mediocrity is...is frankly, you know, a sign of self-loathing and substandard work ethics. I've gotta get George out of my apartment." Cristina rants.

"You know, you could sleep with him and then right in the middle start crying. It's painful and humiliating and unbelievably cruel, but apparently it works." Meredith says making Evi giggle.

"Would you just keep knitting? Kick him out so that he can come back home to us." Izzie says.

"No, I can't kick him out. You know, he's Burke's puppy. It's gotta be Burke's idea. I just gotta figure out a way to make him do it." Cristina says.

•.•|•.•|•.•

"Molly Thompson, 22 years old, 32 weeks pregnant. Transferred here from Mercy West when an ultrasound diagnosed the baby with congenital diaphragmatic hernia." Evi presents to Addison once she walks into the patient room.

"Hello, Molly. I'm Dr. Addison Shepherd." She greets.

"You're supposed to be the best." Molly says.

"And not to put any pressure on you, or anything, but this is my baby carrying my grandchild so I really hope that you are. The best, I mean." Molly's mother; Susan says.

"Mom, you're kind of threatening the doctor. Don't threaten the doctor. It doesn't help." Molly says.

"Sorry. My husband tells me I have to try not to be such a mother lion because Molly's a grown woman and has her own life and everything, but...roar." Susan says.

"It's ok. I can take it. I am the best." Addison says.

"You can fix this, though? Right?" Molly asks.

"We'll insert a scope into your uterus and then inflate a little balloon in the baby's airway, which should help stimulate the lungs to grow. It's not going to be easy on either of you. But I do have a strong record with this surgery." Addison says.

Addison and Evi start to leave. "Make sure you get her to the MRI and get me the results as soon as you can." Addison tells her.

"I will." Evi assures before Addison walks away.

There is a man standing outside the door of Molly's room. "Sir? Can I help you find something?" Evi asks him.

"Uh...is there a Dr. Meredith Grey working today?" He asks.

"Yes." Evi asks confused.

"She's here in the hospital, right now?" He asks.

"I can have someone page her for you if you want me to." Evi says.

"No. No. Thanks." He says about to walk off.

"Wait! Excuse me, sir. Are you...What's your name?" Evi asks.

"Thatcher."

"You're..."

"Grey. Yeah."

"You're Meredith's father." Evi says.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure you don't want me to page her for you?"

"No. I'm sorry. It's complicated."

Molly's mother comes out of the room.
"Thatcher, honey? We're right here." She says.

"Oh. Oh. There you are, Susan."

"Did you tell him? I roared a little. Couldn't help it."

"Oh. Oh, well, I knew you would. Uh..."

"I'm sorry, I'm Dr. Jensen. I'm, uh-"

"Uh, well, excuse us. Uh...check on our daughter."

•.•|•.•|•.•

Evi was sitting at the bottom of the staircase staring at the two rings in her hand.

"Hi." Izzie says from above her.

"Hey." Evi says back, scooting over for Izzie to have a seat.

"What do you have there?" She asks sitting.

"My wedding rings."

"Are you gonna wear them?" Izzie asks. She gently takes the engagement ring out of Evi's palm. "Look at that rock!" She exclaims.

Evi quickly takes it back. "I don't know- I feel like I should because Fletcher wears his, but it feels outdated y'know?" Evi says

"Let me tell you something. The minute I tell what I'm about to tell you, this officially becomes your problem. Not mine." Evi changes the subject.

"Ok."

"Meredith has a sister."

•.•|•.•|•.•

"Do you have Molly's MRI results?" Addison asks Evi as they pass in the hall.

"No, I haven't. Not yet." Evi says.

"What the hall have you been doing then?"

"I was just going-"

"When I assign you to a case of mine I expect you to give it your full and undivided attention. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't take you off this case."

"Molly Thompson's maiden name is Grey. Her father is Thatcher Grey. Thatcher Grey is also Meredith's father. Which means that-Molly and Meredith are sisters, but I don't think Meredith even knows Molly exists."

"Ok." Addison says.

"Ok, thanks." Evi says then she continues to walk.

•.•|•.•|•.•

Izzie, Cristina, George and Evi are having lunch in the outdoor cafeteria.

"So what are the sister and the father like?" Izzie asks Evi.

"Like? They're like people Meredith is related to and never met." Cristina says.

"They're nice." Evi says.

"Can you imagine? A sister, a whole family you know nothing about. You think she's going to freak out?" Izzie asks.

"It's not my responsibility to care." Evi reminds her of their deal.

"Heads up. Heads up." Cristina says as Richard walks up and sits down at their table. "Hey, chief. Seems I'm a little rusty on my bead transfer and rope pass. Dr. Yang here, has been kicking my ass all day." George says.

"Oh, I can't imagine, Chief." Izzie says.

"No, really, she has. Of course, spend and precision aren't the most important surgical skills, Dr. Yang. The basics are the key. You need a solid foundation before anything else. Ok, um...We'll, I'll see you back at the lab. Enjoy your lunch." Richard says getting up.

"You too." George says.

"Have a nice day, sir." Izzie says.

Richard leaves. "Ok, I really am kicking the Chief's ass." Cristina says. Meredith walks up and sits down and George and Evi leave. "Evi." Izzie says.

"Not my responsibility. See you guys." Evi says.

•.•|•.•|•.•

Evi is walking through the hall, she sees Meredith duck into a nearby room. Thatcher walks up to her. "Oh, hey. Dr. Jensen."

"Hi." She says.

"I was looking for you. You're...Before when I was asking about Meredith, you know her. You're her friend?"

"I'm her roommate."

"Oh, wow. You know her really well."

"I know her pretty well."

"Um, she...she came to see me a couple of weeks ago. And..."

"A couple of weeks ago?"

"Yeah. I...I didn't know what to say to her. She looks so much...so much like her mother. Ellis was cold. I mean, I was a coward. I was...I...I left. But her mother would never let me know her and...now I don't know how to know her. Uh..."

"Well, Meredith is anything but cold. She smiles-Not that often, but when she does, uh...you know, because she's been going through a lot...but...it's-it's like you feel warm. She's kind. I mean, she can be a little selfish. She can be—she's flawed, but she's kind. She cares about people. And, uh, she cares about about her patients. I think she's going to be a brilliant surgeon. You know, around here, she's known as the one to beat. So, I-I mean, I guess she has that in common with her mom, but...I think the rest of her...I think-uh-I think the rest of that she gets from you." Evi tries her best to describe Meredith.

"Hmm. Do...do you know...where she is?"

"I-I think she left already. But I could tell her you were here, if you want me to?" Evi lies.

"Yeah. Ok. Thank you."

"Ok."

"Ok."

"Ok, bye."

"Yeah." Thatcher and Evi walk in different directions, Meredith peeks out from her hiding spot. "Thank you, Evi."

•.•|•.•|•.•

Life is not a spectator sport. Win, lose or draw...the game is in progress...whether we want it to be or not.

Evi was standing in front of the hospital on the phone with her mother while waiting for Fletcher to come out.

So go ahead: argue with the refs, change the rules...cheat a little...take a break...and tend to your wounds.

She bids her mother goodbye and turns around when she feels Fletcher behind her.

But play.

"Hey." He greets.

"Hi." She says.

Play hard. Play fast. Play loose and free. Play as if there's no tomorrow.

He nods his head towards her hand. "You're wearing them." He says.

"Yeah," she says.

Ok, so it's not whether you win or lose...it's how you play the game. Right?

There are days that make the sacrifices seem worthwhile. And then there are the days where everything feels like a sacrifice.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

AN: I attached a photo of what I imagine Evi's wedding band and engagement ring to look like.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.5K 75
❝𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙜𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙮'𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙗𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪�...
531K 9K 62
" According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus separa...
1.4M 36.1K 98
❝I'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.❞ She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...
139K 1.1K 72
greys anatomy imagines