Unbreakable | Klaus Mikaelson

By -Maddyy-

ON HOLD ~ A world where there's two original hybrids roaming Mystic Falls ~ ~ A world where Klaus Mikaelson d... More

CAST
Brooklyn Wolfert
Damon Salvatore
Your Humanity
The Ball
Beacon Hills
Bardo
Werecoyote
Paralysed
Void Stiles
Hello, Brooke
Mystic Falls
Elijah Mikaelson
I Love You Too
The Dinner Party
The Last Dance
The Truth
The Sacrifice
Hybrids
Rippahhh
Rebekah Mikaelson
Mikael
Mikaelsons Reunited
Humanity-less Brooke
I'll Always Be Here
The Five
The Hunter's Curse
The Alpha
Darling
Brother's Death
I love you
New Orleans
Aconite Flower
It's Okay To Care
The Plan
Bayou Clinic
The unlinking
Tyler?
Wolf Hunt
You Can Trust Us
The Harvest
Labonair
Devinette
You're Free
The Peace Treaty
FΓͺte des BΓ©nΓ©dictions
Bayou Attack
Moonlight Rings
Sacrifice My Daughter
Abandoned My Daughter
Alone
Stories
Ascendant
Brothers Reunited
Lorenzo
Crescent Birthmark
Author's Note
Bonfire
PLEASE READ!

Return From The Island

580 9 1
By -Maddyy-

I was taking a shower upstairs when I heard Caroline, Tyler and Klaus working on clues downstairs for the cure. Klaus figured out there was only one dose, which he obviously immediately told Rebekah.

I got out of the shower, blow dried my hair and got dressed before entering my bedroom. I got to my mirror and almost had a heart attack when Klaus' figure stood in the doorway behind me.

"Nik! Ever heard of knocking?!"

I could see the amusement in his smirk.

"Hold up- how are you here?" I realised.

"I fear something awful has befallen your friend Bonnie."

Suddenly I became very conscious of my breathing as it kept speeding up. My palms felt sweaty and my lungs felt like they were running out of oxygen.

The anxiety of the possibility of something bad happening to my friends while I'm so far away from them was hitting me. I was so scared of losing even more people in my life. I felt so useless.

Klaus grabbed my shaky hands in his and rubbed small, soothing circles around the back of my hand. "It's okay, love. They'll be back soon. It's gonna be fine."

I felt so pathetic. I'm a vampire, I shouldn't be getting anxiety attacks but it's something I suffered from since I was young. It's one thing that has stuck with me through my transition. Luckily, I only experience them rarely but they still tend to happen.

I pushed myself into Klaus' chest and he immediately knew to wrap his arms around me and run his fingers through my hair.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know what's going no with me."

"Shh. Don't apologise, love."

-

After I managed to calm down in Nik's arms, Caroline asked me to help her clean up the blood in the kitchen.

Klaus has already left and Caroline and I were scrubbing the floor until the front door opened.

We both stood up to greet them. "Hey, you're home. We were trying to clean the burn mark where Kol-"

We both froze seeing Stefan carrying Jeremy into the house.

"-We couldn't get the spot out."

I desperately listened for any sign of life coming from Jeremy, but there was none. Not even a single heart beat. Stefan slightly shook his head, confirming my suspicion.

"Come on. Let's get him upstairs." Elena stated calmly as if her brother hadn't just died."

I didn't move from my spot as Stefan and Elena went upstairs. I could feel my hands trembling more than before and the tears streaming down my cheeks. My knees felt like they could give in on me at any time and my heart ached for another person I have lost.

Caroline placed a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off, I didn't want to hear her pity right now. She took the hint and walked away, knowing it's best to leave me alone.

It wasn't long until Stefan came back downstairs and I still haven't moved an inch. All the pain from Kol and now Jeremy was making me feel completely numb to it.

Stefan gave me a sorry look as he walked past me.

"How long has she been like that?" Caroline asked, dumping the bucket of water into the sink.

"Ever since we found his body. She hasn't said anything except that she's waiting for him to wake up."

"But he's not going to wake up. She knows that, right?"

Caroline's words stung me even more than she probably realised. He's not going to wake up, ever.

Stefan turned on the tap so Elena wouldn't be able to hear him upstairs. "Look. Deep down, I think she has to, but we're talking about Elena here. She feels grief more powerfully than anyone else. I think her denial is the one thing protecting her from letting it all in."

"But she can't stay like that forever."

"I know, but I don't want to be the one to break her out of it, not until we know that Bonnie is safe, not until we get Damon over here to, you know--"

"Use the sire bond to convince her that everything is okay?"

"I'm not in denial." Elena interrupted from the doorway. "I know that he was supernatural, but did you see? His tattoo is gone. The tattoo had the spell that opened Silas' chamber. Maybe it being gone means that he's fulfilled his supernatural destiny. Maybe he's back to normal. It's possible, right?"

"Lena-" I croaked.

"It's possible, Brooke. There's a chance. It may be miniscule, but it's hope and I'm gonna hold on to that hope with everything that I've got because there's no way that m-" She paused. "There's absolutely no way that my brother is dead." She shook her head. "I'm not in denial. And you shouldn't be so quick to give up on him either, he was like a little brother to you too."

"You know he was like a little brother to me Lena, but I can't deny what's right in front of me. He's dead!" I cried.

She was clearly pissed off as she stormed out of the room.

"Brooke-" Stefan tried.

I held up my hand to stop him. "No I-I need to leave." I interrupted, leaving the house.

I didn't really know where I was headed, I just let my legs lead the way.

I walked straight ahead until a girl slightly older than me quite literally ran into me.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." She apologised.

I gave her a half-hearted smirk. "No need to apologise, you're about to make my shitty day a little less shitty.

She tilted her head in confusion and I watched her expression turn to terror as my eyes glowed yellow and my fangs elongated before sinking into her neck.

I threw her body onto the road when I was done, wiped my mouth and carried on walking straight until I reached the Mystic Grill.

-

I started to make my way back home as soon as I was completely drunk to the point where I couldn't walk straight. It was a long way home but when I finally got there I remembered who was laying upstairs. Unfortunately, the tears were already threatening to spill from my eyes.

The car door closing beside me startled me as I was too lost in my own thoughts I didn't hear the car pulling up. I turned around and saw Bonnie and Damon leaving the car.

"Oh thank god you're okay!" I let out a deep breath, running over to Bonnie and holding her in a tight hug.

"I missed you too." She chuckled. "But I need to go find the others."

I nodded, letting her go inside.

My mind immediately went back to Jeremy, making my hands tremble again.

"Brooke-"

I looked up to the voice and noticed Damon looking at me worried. He opened his arms and I immediately ran into them, holding onto his shirt as I silently cried.

"I'm losing too many people. I-I can't do this anymore, Damon."

"Shhh. It's going to be okay. We're gonna fix this."

I didn't believe what he said but his voice was helping to calm me down.

-

-

 After Damon let go of me, he went inside to tell everyone about Bonnie's plan which he already filled me in on. Me on the other hand, I let my feet take me wherever they wanted to go again. However, this time, it was a bit more of an unexpected stop I made.

I walked over to the large, black door and hesitated for a second before slowly knocking. It only took a few seconds before the door swung open.

The dark blue eyes in front of me looked at me confused but I ignored it and stepped closer towards them. I looked away from the blue eyes and down to the lips. I built up the courage and pressed my lips onto his. As I felt him kiss me back, I placed my hands on his chest, pushing him inside the house. Our kisses were becoming more passionate and we were both longing for each other.

I took off my jacket and threw it down onto the floor and just as I was about to lift my shirt, he pulled away. Both of us were slightly out of breath, just staring into each others eyes.

"Brooke, I can tell you've been drinking. You don't know what your're doing."

I shook my head. "I know exactly what I'm doing. I want you, Nik."

Those few words seemed to tip him off as he smashed his lips back onto mine, but this time our kisses were a lot rougher than the previous ones. He shut the front door before leading me further into the house, both of us losing a few clothing items on the way.

-

-

 I woke up and straight away noticed the empty bed beside me. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, wrapping the blanket over my naked body and searched for something to wear.

I headed downstairs in only my underwear and Nik's t-shirt which managed to cover everything I needed it too. As soon as I got to the bottom of the stairs, I saw him walking up to the front door.

"Hey, there you a-" I paused when Nik opened the door, letting Damon walk straight in.

"Ah, what an unpleasant surprise." Klaus stated, shutting the door.

Damon strode into the parlor with a piece of paper in his hand. "So i just came up with a list."

He spun around and noticed me. "Brooke, I figured you'd come here after Elena burned down the house."

I looked at Damon in surprise. "I'm sorry, did you just say Elena burned down the house?"

Damon furrowed his eyebrows. "You didn't know? Then why are you h- Is that Klaus' shirt?"

I felt the heat rush up to my cheeks. I tried to pull down the shirt, suddenly being aware of how short it really is.

Damon shrugged. "Anyway, the list. It's called 'Things you suck at'." He gave Klaus a cheeky smirk. "Number one: Finding Katherine. Ever. Number two: Covering up your secret phone conversations with that little backstabber Hayley." He waved the papers around before putting them down on the table. "Yeah, so, where is she? What does she know about Katherine?"

Klaus shifted uncomfortably. "I should help you?"

Damon nodded.

"After you lot killed my brother and imprisoned me in the Gilbert living room?"

Damon walked closer to Klaus. "You might want to prioritize, Klaus. You have much bigger problems. Katherine has the cure. My guess is she's gonna want to cram it down your throat. You help me find Katherine, I'll get the cure, I'll give it to Elena, everybody wins. Just let me question Hayley about Katherine."

Klaus smiled and walked closer to Damon. "Can't help you, mate. Hayley's off limits. Although, I did have a run in with a vampire who may know where Katerina is. Too bad for you, I bit halfway through his bloody neck. He probably won't have much time for chit-chat."

-

After Damon left, I took a quick shower and changed into some sweats before heading back downstairs where Hayley just arrived.

The three of us sat at a table, drinking wine.

"So, you're rested, you're fed. Tell me about Katerina." Klaus asked calmly.

"Most men get their power kick from torture and intimidation. With you, it's drinks and fine dining."

Klaus smiled. "Well, in your case, I favor hospitality over unpleasantness, but I have been known to change my mind on a whim. Where is Katerina?"

Hayley rolled her eyes. "You seriously think I know?"

My patience was really thin with this girl. I leaned forward and looked directly at Hayley. "You tipped her off about the cure, getting Jeremy killed in the process. In return, she sent someone to kill you. So tell me, what did she promise you?"

Hayley placed down her glass and shifted in her seat. "I was in New Orleans trying to find information about my real parents. Katherine found me and told me she could help."

-

We didn't get much more information out of her before Klaus got a phone call from his sister.

He put down his phone and looked over at Hayley. "My sister informs me that your vampire assailant is dead, so you're safe and free to go."

-

I spent the rest of the day out with the girls and it was already late when I got back to Klaus'. I decided to stay with him since Elena apparently burned down the house and I didn't have my own place.

I headed straight upstairs and towards my room I usually stay in until Klaus suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his own bedroom.

"You were going in the wrong direction, love." He whispered in my ear before his lips found their way onto mine.

I pulled away in between our kisses for some air. "Nik. We gotta talk about this." I breathed heavily as he placed kisses down my neck.

"We will. But not right now. Tonight we won't be talking much, love."

-

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706K 20K 33
previously known as storm. - In which a werewolf named Thalia Monroe gets pregnant by the infamous hybrid, Klaus Mikaelson, and now has to face the...
4.7K 227 10
The Original hybrid, Klaus Nikara Mikaelson had broken her curse while she was in Mystic falls she meet Hayley Marshall her other half had slept wi...
19.6K 232 28
For a thousand years, Keira has been the baby of the family. Centuries ago in what would later be the supernatural town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, t...
806K 22.1K 55
Odette Jade De Marie travelled to Mystic Falls with the intention of gathering information for her best friend, only for it to lead her to meet the O...