for the one i love ; fred wea...

Galing kay xcoldestqueenx

Carina Malfoy. Draco Malfoy's older sister. The secret Blood Traitor of the family, best friends with George... Higit pa

synopsis + meet the characters
chapter 01
chapter 02
chapter 03
chapter 04
chapter 05
chapter 06
chapter 07
chapter 08
chapter 09
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61

chapter 47

2.6K 111 74
Galing kay xcoldestqueenx

NARRATOR'S POV

"You better get back here with that, you little shit!" Screams can be heard all around Grimmauld place. Carina shrieks with delight as she runs downstairs, almost falling over when she sees Remus standing near the bottom of the staircase. Before he can even ask what's going on, she runs past him, turning towards the living room. "Come back here, Carina Black! I swear to Merlin I will - excuse me, Professor Lupin - I will murder you!"

The green eyed girl lets out a cheery laugh as Adrian tries to catch up to her. They end up on opposite sides of the table, breathless but smiling wide. "Just let me open it!" Exclaims Carina, holding on to the gift she found under Adrian's bed that had her name written on it. "It's Christmas anyway! You should let me have this!"

"You can have it at night, after dinner like everybody else!" Retorts the older boy, narrowing his eyes at his best friend. "Not even Cass is making that big of a deal over his gift!" Points out Adrian, patting Cassius' shoulder. The boy had been sitting down on the living room with George and Ron, enjoying a bit of Wizard's chess.

"HEY!" Whines Cassius when he hears Adrian's tone. Ron and George chuckle, waiting for the hazel eyed boy to make his move.

"I just know what it's gonna be and I wanna open it now!" She pouts, holding the small rectangular box in her hand. Adrian shakes his head, but Carina ignores it. Fortunately for him, Harry walks up to the black haired girl, taking the box from her hands when she least expects it. "Harry!" The boy tosses it to Adrian, who thanks him with a small smirk, shoving it into his pocket instantly. "What the hell? You're supposed to be my friend first!" She pouts, crossing her arms across her chest. Harry shrugs nonchalantly, smiling up at her innocently. "Your silence is loud, Harold! Deafening!"

At that, Harry can't help but snort, rolling his eyes, "Jesus, you are definitely Sirius' daughter," he mutters under his breath. Carina gasps, her hand flying to her chest, feigning offence. "I'm stating a literal fact -"

"- Say that again," comes Sirius' voice from the kitchen, making them all turn around. Harry purses his lips as he contains his laughter. "Go on, Potter!" Carina grins when she sees Fred walk out from behind Sirius, a smile on his face at the playful atmosphere that they've created, because despite everything Harry's been through, Sirius would never let him forget.

He's just a boy.

Harry immediately takes off when he sees Sirius start to shake, signalling he's about to shift into his Animagus form. "No! No, Sirius!" Harry yells, running through the house. Because of how fast he walks upstairs, followed closely by the huge black dog, he causes the blanket that they'd placed over Walburga's portrait to fall.

"BLOOD TRAITORS! BLOOD TRAITORS THE LOT OF YOU!" The lady shouts with all her might, almost turning red in the face as she stares at everyone around her. It almost seems as though she's trying to come out of the painting. If she could, Carina's sure they'd all be strangled to death. "How can you sit around and disrespect the house of my father's!" Laughter booms through the walls as Harry runs with Padfoot hot in his tracks, followed by Remus, who screams after him.

Fred chuckles at the woman's hurtful words, draping an arm over his girlfriend, leaning down and kissing her temple. "Stain of dishonour, filthy half-breeds, blood traitors, children of filth!" Shouts Walburga just as Lee walks out of the room they'd provided for him.

"For Merlin's sake, shut up!" Yells back the younger boy. "Shut up!" He takes his wand out and throws the blanket over the painting, blinding the woman to stop her from speaking out. Carina follows suit by placing a Silencing Charm around the painting. It wouldn't work forever but it would be enough. Walburga wouldn't start yelling unless she saw something that angered her. "Morning," mumbles Lee, walking over to the group. "Look at what Adrian got me for Christmas," coos Lee, showing off his new necklace.

"So he gets to open his earlier?" Complains Carina just as Adrian groans in fake annoyance.

Christmas at Grimmauld Place is lovelier than they all expected. Usually, the house was grey and dim, but Sirius and Remus had been working nonstop for it to look homey and warm. Carina had never seen her dad so happy and excited for something. It's obvious to her that he missed people's company. Perhaps he wants to make up for all of those dark Christmases he spent in Azkaban... That thought sent her spiralling for a few moments before Fred realised and comforted her back to normal.

By noon, the house is in the best shape it's ever been. It's unrecognisable. Sirius had cleaned and decorated the entire place, even going as far as throwing away some of the stuff he knew they wouldn't need. The chandeliers, which used to be cobwebbed and dirty, are now sparkling brighter than the stars. While he was doing that, Remus had charmed glittery snow to fall from the ceiling the dining room. It's clear the werewolf thought it through, because the snow dissolved before even reaching the table, simply making for an adorable decoration.

Later that day, Carina's walking through the halls, fixing up the smaller details of the house when she finds Molly clutching one of her famous jumpers close to her chest with tears on her eyes. "Molly? What's wrong?" Asks Nina, a frown on her face. "Is everything okay?"

The older woman shakes her head, wiping the stray tears with her shaky hands, "Percy just sent back his Christmas jumper... No letter, nothing," she cries quietly. Carina's lips are in a tight line, a soft hum leaving her mouth. "He hasn't even gone to St. Mungo's... He hasn't asked how Arthur's doing... Nothing!" Carina sighs deeply, rubbing Molly's back gently.

"He's just confused," murmurs the Slytherin, offering Molly some words of reassurance. "He loves you all so much, I know it. He just doesn't know where his loyalties lie anymore. He's always struggled with that, remember?" Molly looks like she's about to deny it when Carina continues, "He started working at the Ministry under Arthur's request, with your relentless encouragement," she adds. "Of course he's going to question you when you suddenly tell him the Ministry's not trustworthy... that doesn't mean he loves you any less," says Carina. "He'll come around."

In that moment, Fred and George walk out of their room, having heard the entirety of the conversation. "Don't worry about him, mum!" Says George, placing a hand on his mother's back. "He's nothing more than a humongous pile of rat droppings!" Carina snorts at his words, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah," agrees Fred, smiling at the woman. "He's not worth it!" He tells her. It's pretty obvious their tactics aren't working, not even getting a small grin out of Molly. Thankfully, seconds later, Remus walks in from around the corner. "Remus!" Calls Fred, waving him over. The former Professor makes his way to the group and Fred explains everything that has occurred in the quickest way possible.

"Oh, dear," breathes out Remus, a hand on Molly's shoulder. "Tea?" The two of them walk downstairs after that, earning a relieved sigh from the twins and Carina.

"So you're on Percy's side?" Asks George with interest as they make their way to Harry's room, knowing the rest of their friends would be there as well.

Carina shakes her head at the question. "There are no sides, really. We're all against Voldemort, even Percy. He's just confused and lonely. I understand why he's behaving the way he is... I don't condone it, of course. Your dad's sick, that should be his priority," she points out, making Fred and George nod in agreement. "I mean, even Charlie took off days off work and he lives hours away."

With that, the three of them walk into Harry's room, where their friends are simply talking amongst each other. Harry is sitting on the bed next to Ginny, Adrian and Lee taking up the most space on a couch while Cass sits on the floor by their feet. George instantly goes to him, joining the older boy. Ron and Hermione are sitting on a few pillows at the bottom of Harry's bed. Carina can't help the smile that grows on her face, cheeks reddening when Fred takes her hand.

These moments are rare, days like this don't tend to happen very often - even less so now. It would be perfect if Dragon were here with me. Of course, that's impossible, but she would love to see him, now and always. Christmases at the Manor were dark and bleak, but having Draco next to her made them bearable, fun even. Without her, she doesn't know how Draco's spending Christmas. Granted, Lucius and Narcissa are a hundred times kinder to him than they ever were to her, but it still makes her anxious to think about.

"Is Charlie joining us for Christmas?" Wonders Ginny, getting everyone's attention. Fred and Carina sit next to Lee and Adrian, Carina saving up space by sitting on her boyfriend's lap.

"Yes," replies George with a simple nod. "Charlie, Bill and Fleur are all coming. They're with dad now though," he says. "I am not sure if dad'll be coming or not. I have a feeling they may surprise us with him, but who knows, I don't wanna get overexcited," admits the older twin, a sad smile on his face.

Cass frowns at his expression, patting his thigh. "I'm sure that even if he doesn't come over today, he'll come around soon enough." Everyone agrees with low hums and nods. "He's a strong man, Arthur Weasley. Our parents are not pleased with him," chuckles Cassius, reminiscing on how they'd speak about Arthur and what an asset he is to the Order.

"How did you even manage to join us?" Questions Harry, now turning towards Adrian, who shrugs slightly.

"My family's in France for the holidays, again. I just said I was focusing on my N.E.W.Ts, they think I'm at school," he says. Cassius replies something along the same lines. Most of the Seventh Years are in the same position, because it's their last year at Hogwarts they choose to stay there for the Holidays and spend them with their friends. Carina would've liked for that to be true for her as well, but being with her family is not bad at all.

Fred's arms tighten around Carina's waist, holding her close against his chest. He loves having her close. Ever since that night at the Music room, it's been easier for him to talk about his feelings. Whenever he's not able to, he'll just hold on to her and she'll know he needs to be held back. So that's what she does, wrapping an arm behind his shoulders and bringing his head under her chin. As the rest of them talk about Bill being with Fleur, Carina plays with the hair on the nape of Fred's neck, scratching softly. "I don't like her," mutters Ginny.

"Why?" Asks Carina, furrowing her eyebrows at the statement. "Fleur's one of the loveliest people I've ever met," she tells Ginny in all honesty. "She's kind and thoughtful. Not to mention, drop dead gorgeous."

Hermione hums, her eyes narrowing as she glances at Ron, who nods along with Carina's words. "I don't know," mumbles the curly haired girl. "She's nice enough, I guess."

"I'm just worried," says Ginny, now sounding unsure. "Maybe she's using her Veela powers to get to my brother. She's just not Bill's type at all! He wouldn't usually go for the blonde, blue eyed, skinny girl."

Carina raises an eyebrow at the Gryffindor, a tiny laugh leaving her mouth. "So what? I wouldn't exactly say gingers are my type and look at me now," she jokes, making Fred scoff at her words, pretending to be offended. "I mean, anyone can recognise beauty, right? Fleur is beautiful, but she's also a good person. Knowing Bill, that's what made him fall for her," says Carina. "C'mon, Gin. You know him better than I do. Wouldn't you say that's what he cares about? It's against the law for Veelas to use their allure. I know for a fact Fleur doesn't use hers..."

The youngest Weasley pouts slightly, lips curled downwards as she nods. "Yeah, I guess that's true," she admits with a deep exhale. "I'll give her a chance."

"Really?" Hermione butts in, disbelief noticeable in her tone. Carina's taken aback by her reaction, even Ron seems surprised. "I thought we'd agreed that even though she's not using her Veela charms, they hold power over men. Someone as good and pure as Bill wouldn't even realise he's being used," she says logically.

Carina isn't having any of it. "What would she want out of Bill?" Asks the girl, trying to make them understand that their ideas make no sense. "She's a well respected French Veela... Why would she decide to stay here alongside Bill if she didn't love him?" Hermione's mouth opens and closes as Carina continues. "As far as I know, they've been together for almost a year now. She has been nothing but kind to the Weasleys and Harry. There's no point in being hateful simply because she's a beautiful woman and you're jealous." Fred couldn't stop the laugh that bubbled up from his stomach. "You're beautiful too, Mione. Don't let your insecurities get to you."

Evidently, Hermione doesn't have much to stay to that, simply sitting up straighter, swallowing her words. Harry smiles at Carina's words, even nodding gratefully. He's always liked Fleur as a person, and could never live it down with Ginny and Hermione. Now, he feels seen and supported. Carina's happy she could do that for him.

"I'm gonna try out for Quidditch," says Ginny all of a sudden, making them all turn to look at her with amazed looks on their faces.

They aren't really surprised by the girl's choice. She's always liked flying and she's not bad at it at all. It's almost expected, really. "What position?" Asks Cassius. He doesn't really know much about Ginny, if at all. The others do have a slight idea about where she might wanna play.

"Seeker," speak Harry and Ginny at the same time. Ginny's eyes widen a little, and she looks at Harry, now fearful of how he might feel. She hopes he doesn't think she's stepping on his toes, because that's not something she would ever do. "I'm sure she'll be a great asset to the team," says Harry, causing Ginny's cheeks to redden with giddiness at the compliment.

Carina could feel Fred tensing up from under her, swallowing down his emotions for the time being. She knows how much he likes Quidditch - adores it, really. It saddens her deeply that he won't be able to play during his last year. Almost makes her not want to do it. Not only because he won't be there, but because it is so unfair that he can't play, it angers her. Fred rests his chin on her shoulder and discreetly smells her hair, finding comfort in the scent.

"You're gonna give Dray a run for his money," says Carina, offering the red haired girl an honest smile. Ginny gets a bit more flustered at her words, taking them to heart.

Moments later, Carina and Fred decide to go downstairs to see if there's anything else they can help Sirius and Remus with, seeing that it's almost dinner time. Sirius and Remus are by the stove, both of them making Christmas dinner while Molly's at St. Mungo's, visiting her husband for a bit. Just as Fred and Carina walk in, Sirius spills some pasta water on the floor, "Whoops!" He exclaims, a sheepish grin on his face.

Remus snorts at his expression, simply rolling his eyes in a fond manner. "Careful there, Pads," he tells his husband, stirring the sauce as Sirius drains the spaghetti. Carina walks up to her dad, taking a couple of noodles and eating them with her hands, making Fred chuckle. "Star, could you grate some - hey! You here to help or eat?" Asks Remus, smacking the back of her hand lightly.

"The second one, definitely," lies Carina, grinning and taking some more noodles. "These are good!"

"They're just plain noodles, Carina," replies Remus, knowing she's being nice because of the camaraderie they share.

"The best plain noodles I've ever tasted," retorts Carina with a grin, causing Sirius to smile proudly. She walks over to her other dad, taking a spoon and sticking it in the sauce before blowing on it and tasting it. "Yum! This is delicious too!" She tells him truthfully. Carina turns to look at Fred, but he's already made himself busy by grating the cheese Remus was about to ask Carina to grate. She takes another spoonful and brings it to her boyfriend, who smiles thankfully and tastes it, nodding in agreement.

"Very tasty," concurs Fred. Remus thanks them both quietly with a slight blush on his cheeks. Sirius then puts the spaghetti in the sauce to get them coated, and Remus twirls them around. "Cheese is done," he brings it over to the older couple. After Remus instructs him he can pour it in, Fred does as told, letting all of it mix together. "I should be a chef," he says, placing his hands on his hips before wiping at his forehead as if he was sweaty.

The three of them laugh at Fred's actions. Carina walks up to him, pressing her lips to his cheek, "My hard working boy."

At about eight, they're all sitting down by the table, waiting for Molly and her older sons when there's a knock at the door. Sirius gets up to open it while the rest of them continue chatting. "Surprise!" Exclaims Molly, walking in with Arthur in a wheelchair, a big smile on her face. Everyone gasps loudly, getting up to greet Mr Weasley.

"Good evening, all," he says, raising his hand to wave at his non family members, who stop themselves from walking over, giving him space to talk to his children. Carina grins as Fred and George rush to their dad, hugging him softly, as to not hurt him. "How about some dinner, huh?"

From behind them, Bill, Fleur and Charlie appear, all of them with happy looks on their faces. Carina waves Fleur over to her, inviting her friend to sit next to her. "Bonsoir, Chérie!" Says Fleur, kissing Carina's cheeks. "You look so beautiful, Nina."

The two of them start talking amongst each other as Arthur joins them at the table along with the rest of their family. Bill takes the spot next to Fleur, holding her hand on top of the table as Fred goes back to his own seat next to Carina. The two brothers chime into the girl's conversation every once in a while. "So now Charlie gets to be Head of Order affairs outside of England... so he basically gets to recruit all of the Foreign Wizards," says Bill with a bored tone, making Charlie smile even bigger.

"I am so happy you've found love here in London, brother," says Charlie, clearly being facetious. Bill huffs, mocking his words by mimicking his face expressions.

"At least I had the guts to talk to her," mutters Bill, making Charlie hush him instantly while Fred and Carina turn to him with curiosity. "Oh, yeah, that's right. Ever since you mentioned Tonks that one time, he hasn't stopped thinking about actually having a relationship with her. Isn't that funny?"

Carina gasps excitedly, her hands flying to her mouth. "Really? Oh my Merlin! Charlie!" She squeals, reaching for his hands over the table. "Please, please write to her! You both would be such a power couple -"

"- Shhh!" Hisses Charlie, pulling his hands away, his face matching his red hair. Thankfully, the others are paying close attention to Arthur and his well being instead of being focused in the conversation the five of them are having. "I may do it sometime - not today though. I saw her yesterday and almost puked." Fred stifles his laughter with the back of his hands, letting out a fake cough. "Shove off, Fred. I'll go for your girlfriend instead." Carina lets out a loud laugh at his words, knowing her boyfriend won't love Charlie's attitude.

The smile quickly wipes away from Fred's lips, and a scowl takes its place instead. "I will murder you."

"Fred!" Screams Molly, hearing his offensive words. "Do not ever let me catch you speaking to your older brother like that again."

"I won't," says Fred, still staring at Charlie. "... Let you catch me."

"Now, presents!" Decides Molly, passing down the gifts she got the family down the table. Carina quickly turns to Adrian, extending her hand for the small box. The Slytherin Head Boy chuckles, putting it on her palm with a swift eye roll. Carina opens the box, her eyes lighting up at the sight. "What is it, Carina?" Asks Molly when she sees the look on the girl's face.

"It's a snake wrapped around a Quaffle - a charm for my bracelet," she informs the table, her eyes fixed on Adrian. "I knew you'd get it for me after I joined the team," whispers Carina, feeling her chest tightening as Adrian smiles at her. Ever since they were young kids, Carina wanted to join the Quidditch team and Adrian knew that. He'd promised her a Welcome gift for when she'd finally get in.

And after many years, it happened.

"Thanks, A," says Carina, her eyes dampening without her consent. Adrian's smile is pure and full as he glances back at her, dismissing her gratitude with a quick nod. Carina puts the charm on her bracelet before taking Molly's gift in her hands. A jumper. One that looks exactly the same as the one Lucius tore apart and destroyed that night.

"It's not much -" says Molly, knowing Adrian's gift was probably more expensive than anything she owns.

"- It's perfect," replies Carina, cutting her off. She puts it on, not caring that it doesn't match her outfit at all and Fred loves her for it.

There's no doubt, Carina has so much to love about her, Fred can't even begin to wrap his mind around her as a person. How he got her, he'll never know. He's aware of most of his qualities, even more so now that he has someone to remind him everyday. However, to have Carina Black-Lupin by his side, is not something he ever imagined. The smartest, sweetest, funniest and most gorgeous girl he's ever had the pleasure of knowing, let alone had the pleasure of having. There's no way in hell he can do better, and he knows that.

In reality, Fred knows Carina can do better than him, in many ways. However, he also knows, she won't find someone that loves her like he does. She won't find a man that's willing to put in the work like he is. And, boy... is he willing to do it all for her. Fred looks down at Carina, taking in her appearance. The twinkle in her eye makes butterflies flutter all over his stomach, even more so when she throws her head back laughing at something dumb Sirius said.

"A toast!" Arthur's voice makes them all turn around to look at him. They all raise their glasses along with him and Fred rests his arm on Carina's backseat rest, his fingers lightly stroking her arm. "A Christmas Toast: to Mr Harry Potter," says Arthur, clearing his throat. "Without whom I would not be here," he adds solemnly. "Harry."

"Harry!" They all chorus, raising their glasses a little higher before sipping on their drinks. Harry looks down at the table, red in the face, drinking his butterbeer.

Adrian and Cassius fit in nicely with the rest of the group, mostly because they're both perfectly educated for situations like these. They know what to ask the adults to gain their interest, what to reply to specific questions and how to keep them on their toes at the same time. The Weasleys are kind enough to avoid questions about their parents. They keep the Voldemort chatter to a minimum.

Because of that, dinner is beautiful and memorable. Carina adores the fact that everyone's smiling and beaming as the night progresses. She can't believe how happy they all look - even Arthur, despite being visibly hurt. The joy in his face and the rest of the others is impossible to avoid. Remus and Sirius look just as happy, together, leaning into each other without a care in the world. Carina rests her chin on her hand as she watches them.

"How are we feeling?" Asks Sirius, getting up from his spot, placing his hands on Lee's shoulders for comfort. "Anyone care for a bottle of Rosé?"

AN: hiiii <3 this turned out cute i think! i quite like it, i hope you do too. i'm dead tired, got exams coming up soon. as a medical intern i work at the hospital and also take exams lol so that's no fun.

anyway! pls VOTEEE <3 VOTE VOTE! comment if u wanna lmk anything at all <3 i love reading your opinions and things

follow me on tiktok: xcoldestqueenx , follow me on insta: siupunzumaran

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

68.6K 1.4K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
249K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.4M 59.3K 106
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC