TVD - Caroline Forbes' Story...

Door Romance_Lover_2003

Caroline Forbes has a sister named Grace Forbes. Grace Forbes gets more attention than Caroline Forbes. In th... Meer

The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

Know Thy Enemy

73 1 0
Door Romance_Lover_2003

Gilbert Residence

Isobel is at the door. She's looking at Elena and Caroline. Jenna is stunned.

"Hello, Elena, Caroline. It's nice to see you again," Isobel tells them.

Jenna looks at Elena and Caroline.

"Again?" Jenna asks.

Elena and Caroline don't know what to say.

"So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Elena and Caroline. May I come in?" Isobel tells them.

"N-n-no. Don't...don't invite her in," Elena tells Jenna.

"I need to talk to you both, Elena, Caroline," Isobel says.

"No!" Caroline says.

Elena slams the door in Isobel's face. Caroline and Elena look at Jenna, who's crying.

"You knew she was still alive? Ric? John? Did they know?" Jenna asks.

"We can explain everything, Jenna," Caroline says.

"No," Jenna says.

"No. Jenna, please," Elena says.

Jenna runs upstairs. Elena and Caroline go after her.

"Jenna, please. Wait. Jenna, please wait," Caroline says.

Jenna goes into her bedroom and slams the door. Elena and Caroline are outside, at the door.

"Jenna, you have to talk to us. We...We need to explain what's going on. Jenna, please," Elena tells Jenna.

Jenna is sitting on the floor, crying.

Gilbert Residence

Elena and Caroline open the door to Alaric.

"Hey. Is she up yet?" Alaric asks.

"She won't come out of her room," Caroline says.

"What'd you tell her?" Alaric asks.

"Nothing. She won't talk to us," Elena says.

"We're gonna have to fix this, Elena, Caroline," Alaric says.

Jenna comes down the stairs.

"Hey," Caroline says.

"Jenna," Alaric says.

"I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go," Jenna tells him.

"Okay, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now," Alaric tells her.

"Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it," Jenna says.

She puts on her jacket and takes her bag.

"Where are you going?" Caroline asks.

"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write, and I don't want to be in this house," Jenna tells them.

"Jenna, please just stop. Let us explain to you exactly what is going on," Alaric tells her.

"Elena, I need you to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the Historical Society's check for your mom's foundation," Jenna tells Elena.

"Okay, but, Jenna, please just..." Elena begins.

"I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from you," Jenna says.

She leaves and closes the door.

"Jenna, just..." Caroline begins.

John comes out of the kitchen.

"Let her go. It's better that she's not here, what with everything that's going on but maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this..." John begins to tell them.

Alaric punches him in the face.

"Sorry, Elena, Caroline," Alaric says.

He leaves. Elena and Caroline look at John with a smile.

"You know this is your fault, right?" Elena asks.

"Right," John says.

She heads upstairs.

Later

Elena stays upstairs and Caroline answers the door when the doorbell rings. When she opens the door, she sees Stefan on the doorstep. Stefan goes in and immediately after Grace calls him. He put his phone on speaker, so Caroline could hear.

"I can't find him anywhere. He's not at home. He's not answering his phone," Grace tells them.

"How could you let him go?" Caroline asks.

"My mom walked in. He took off. I didn't know what to do," Grace tells them.

"Did your mom hear anything?" Stefan asks.

"No. She just thinks we're fighting but he knows about me, and he's freaking out about Vicki," Grace tells them.

"All right. Listen. You have to find him. You have to calm him down," Caroline tells Grace.

"Compel him if you have to. Is he still on the vervain?" Stefan tells Grace.

"I slip it into his soda when he's at work, but I didn't get to last night, so it's out of his system. He has a catering shift at the Lockwood's today. I'm gonna try there," Grace tells them and hangs up.

Stefan and Caroline enter Elena's room and sit in Elena's bed with Elena.

"Ah, this is bad. Between Isobel and Jenna and now Matt, this is disaster bad," Elena tells them.

"Yeah," Caroline says.

John walks in.

"Elena, Caroline, can you come downstairs, please? I need to talk to you," John tells them.

"Heh. We have nothing to say to you," Elena says.

"Please. It's important. You, too, Stefan," John says.

They go downstairs. Isobel comes out of the kitchen.

"I asked John for a do-over," Isobel says.

Elena and Caroline look at John.

"You invited her in?" Caroline asks.

"She has information about Klaus. Please, just listen to her, okay?" John tells them.

Elena and Caroline look at Stefan.

"All right. What do you know?" Stefan asks.

John, Isobel, Elena, Caroline, and Stefan go to the kitchen.

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you both," Isobel tells them.

"Best chance at what?" Stefan asks.

"Keeping Elena alive and Caroline here in Mystic Falls," John says.

"You don't get to talk, okay, not after everything you've done," Elena tells him.

"Were you able to find Klaus?" Stefan asks.

"No. Nobody knows where he is but there are these rumors that are flying around. That a doppelgänger exists and that the Prophecy Girl has been born," Isobel tells them.

"Which means any vampire that wants to get in favor with Klaus will be lining up to capture you two," John tells them.

"We're not buying any of this," Caroline says.

Caroline and Elena look at Isobel.

"The last time that you were here, you made it clear that you didn't give a damn about me. Now all of a sudden I'm supposed to believe that you want to help?" Elena tells Isobel.

"Isobel's been helping all along. Klaus has been obsessed with finding Katherine for centuries. All it would take was any one of those 1864 tomb vampires to spread the word around that Katherine was still alive or that the Prophecy Girl has been born and it would bring him straight here to Mystic Falls, where you were bound to be discovered, so we killed them," John tells them.

"And almost killed Stefan and Damon in the process," Caroline says.

Isobel gets up and moves towards Elena and Caroline.

"I have a safe house that I can take you two to. The deed is in your name, Elena. Caroline you can stay there also. No vampires can get in without your permission, not even me. Let me help you both," Isobel tells them.

"You wanna help? Then get the hell out of my house," Elena says.

Salvatore Boarding House

Elena, Caroline, Stefan, and Damon are in the library.

"Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth that word's gotten out about the doppelgänger and the Prophecy Girl?" Caroline asks.

"Look, I don't trust a word that she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning," Stefan tells them.

"You know, you both should just stay here. It's better for us to keep an eye on you both," Damon tells them.

"What, in the house that any vampire can enter? No. Their house is safer," Stefan tells them.

"Well, then we'll stay here," Damon says.

"So is that the plan? Neither of you will let us out of your sight again?" Elena asks.

"Let me know when you both come up with a better one," Damon tells them.

"Fine. Then one of you 2 bodyguards is gonna have to come with us to the Lockwood luncheon," Caroline tells them.

"That'd be me," Stefan says.

"Not me. I have witch stuff to attend to with Bonnie," Damon tells them.

"Does that mean that you're taking her to the..." Elena begins to ask.

"Shh," Damon says and puts his finger to his mouth.

Katherine walks in.

"Don't get quiet on my account. If you have a plan to combat the impending vampire doom, please do tell," Katherine tells them.

No one answers. Damon looks at Stefan.

"Seriously, what is the plan to get us out of this mess, hmm?" Katherine asks, then tells them, "I delivered you a moonstone, a werewolf, and the dagger to lure and kill Klaus, and right now all you have is a moonstone. Or so you tell me."

"No, we have it," Damon says.

"Where is it?" Katherine asks.

"It's in a very safe place," Damon says.

"I've been honest with you. Time to return the favor," Katherine tells them.

"Let me be honest with you. Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust," Damon tells her.

Elena and Caroline look at her and smile.

"Fine. Be that way," Katherine says and leaves.

Lockwood Mansion

Grace walks over to Stefan, Caroline, and Elena.

"Hey. Any luck finding Matt?" Stefan asks.

"None. What if he tells somebody? What if he tells everybody?" Grace asks.

"No, we just gotta find him and make sure that doesn't happen," Stefan tells them.

He looks at Elena and Caroline.

"Do you have any idea where he would be?" Stefan asks.

"We wish we did, but he wasn't really one to turn," Caroline says.

"You know, this wasn't how it was supposed to happen. You know. I was supposed to tell him at the right moment in the right way, and he was supposed to be okay with it because he loves me," Grace tells them.

"We'll help you find him. I just have to accept this thing for Jenna," Elena tells her.

"All right. Well, call me when you're done, and I'll be out looking for him," Caroline tells them and leaves.

"Maybe he'll come around. You both did," Stefan says.

Later

Everyone is sitting in one room. Carol is talking to them.

"And here to accept the donation to the Miranda Sommers-Gilbert scholarship fund is Elena Gilbert," Carol tells everyone.

Elena smiles and joins Carol. Elena is accepting the check.

"The Historical Society was my mom's baby. She considered all of you family and would be honored and touched by this gift," Elena tells everyone.

Everyone hears a sound and goes to where they heard it. Elena and Caroline are about to follow them but Katherine intercepts her and puts her hands on Elena and Caroline's mouths.

"Nice dress, Elena. Mind if I borrow it?" Katherine asks.

Isobel's Car

Elena and Caroline start waking up.

"I had to do what I was told. He wanted the moonstone and he wanted you," Isobel says into the phone and after a bit hangs up.

Grove Hill Cemetery

Isobel's car drives inside the cemetery and stops. Isobel's minion gets out of the driver's seat, and opens the side door. Isobel gets out of the car.

"Just because you both can't be compelled doesn't mean I can't force you both to come with me," Isobel tells them.

Elena and Caroline get out of the car.

"So is that what happened? You were compelled to betray Katherine?" Caroline asks.

"If I was, I couldn't tell you," Isobel says.

"So you lied. You did find Klaus, didn't you? He knows where we are now. Are you taking us to him?" Elena asks.

Isobel doesn't answer but instead walks to a tombstone and crouches down in front of it.

"What is it?" Caroline asks.

Isobel clears some leaves from the tombstone. It reads "In loving memory - Isobel Flemming - Jan 18, 1978 - May 4, 2007"

"My parents, your grandparents, Elena, they put it here when it became clear that the police weren't gonna find my body. They visit every week, and they bring flowers, even though there's no one buried here. The Isobel they knew is dead. So maybe there's a part of me that's buried here, the-the human part, the part that I abandoned when I-when I choose to become a vampire, the part that used to dream about the day that she'd know her daughter," Isobel tells them.

"What?" Elena asks.

Isobel shrugs.

"And instead you got to meet the other part...The part that would betray her own flesh and blood," Isobel tells Elena.

Isobel phone rings. She answers.

"Yes," she says.

"Let them go?" she asks.

"I'm done?" she asks.

She hangs up with a look of relief.

"Who was that?" Caroline asks.

"I'm so sorry, Elena, Caroline. I was such a disappointment to you, Elena. Caroline please protect Elena and yourself," Isobel tells them.

She pulls off her necklace and starts burning in the sunlight. She screams as she bursts into flames, and falls to the ground in front of her grave. Elena and Caroline are shocked.

Salvatore Boarding House

Elena has Isobel's necklace in her hands and is sitting next to Caroline. Stefan walks in.

"Is that Isobel's?" Stefan asks.

"I never thought I would feel bad about her being dead, and yet..." Elena begins.

"She was your mother," Stefan says.

"Why did they let us go?" Caroline asks.

"Well, anything John told Isobel, we have to assume that Klaus knows, right? So he knows that Elena's not gonna turn herself into a vampire and you Caroline won't be escaping. He knows that you have us keeping you safe," Stefan tells them.

"He knows we're not gonna run," Elena says.

Damon walks in.

"Which is why we need to take some precautions, 'cause we got played, all of us," Damon tells them.

He puts some papers in Elena and Caroline's laps.

"What's this?" Caroline asks.

"It's the deed to our house. It's in Zach's name. As soon as you both sign it, it'll be in you guys names," Stefan tells them.

"You're giving us your house?" Elena asks.

"Isobel had the right idea with the safe house. You'll just stay here till it's all over. That way, you can control who gets invited and who doesn't," Stefan tells them.

"Although I'll be super pissed if you lock me out," Damon says.

John suddenly gasps for air and sits up. Damon rushes over to him and lifts him up by his collar.

"I swear I had no idea what she was gonna do. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry," John tells them.

"Damon, let him go. John, Elena, and I need to talk," Caroline says.

John and Elena are talking.

"I always knew that she and Katherine were close, but I never realized that Isobel and her were working against me. Two of the world's most uncaring and selfish vampires, and yet they were genuinely friends," John tells them.

"If that's what you thought of her, why did you ever put your trust in her at all?" Caroline asks.

"Because I was there when she gave birth to you, Elena. I saw how heartbroken she was to give you up. And because she was the first girl I ever loved, and when she said she'd help keep you safe...I believed her. At this point, I will do whatever you want me to do. If you feel safer with me not around, then I'll go," John tells Elena.

She doesn't answer so he gets up. He looks sad.

"You screw up everything, John. Everything you touch just falls apart. But you're the only parent I have left...so maybe I can learn not to hate you," Elena tells him.

"Okay," John says and smiles.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

21.8K 616 74
Maddie Julia Forbes. The shy twin sister of Caroline Forbes finds herself falling for the wrong guy, the hybrid Klaus Mikaelson. When she discovered...
46.4K 612 24
In this story Damon has a fraternal twin called Diana who is also a vampire. She's just arrived in Mystic Falls and is very much like Damon. FYI this...
8.1K 150 23
Caroline Forbes has a sister named Grace Forbes. Grace Forbes gets more attention than Caroline Forbes.
52.3K 1.2K 26
When I delinquent teenage girl moves to mystic falls to live with her cousin she encounters a mysterious man who takes a liking to her.