Burning Betrayal

By frnchtoast

❝ I know you recognized me because, behind the mask that you wore that night, I immediately knew who you were... More

Burning Betrayal
β€ŒβΈ™ΝŽΫ«Ϋͺ β€Œ| Prologue
01 | Run, Chase
02 | Meet Clyde Harper
03 | Meet Cedric Harper
04 | Nervous Heartbeats
05 | January 5α΅—Κ°
06 | Giggle, Clare
07 | Meet Jake Florence
08 | Let's Play, Clare
09 | Whitened Eyes
10 | Clare's Journal
11 | Numb Corpse
12 | Happy 13α΅—Κ°
13 | Corner Scribble
14 | Clare's Death Wish
15 | Unexpected News
16 | Her Name
17 | Privacy Invaded
18 | Dream of Me, Clare
19 | Wake Up, Clare
20 | Inform Her, Chase
21 | Welcome Back, Guest
22 | Remember Him, Chase
23 | Last Decision
24 | Lowlife Creature
25 | Cedric, I'm Inside
27 | The Young Boy
28 | The Truth Untold
29 | Riley, Why?
30 | Shoot me, Riley
31 | You're Not Helping
32 | Chase, Just Let Go
33 | Ranging Thoughts
34 | Collar Bone
35 | Addicting, right?
36 | You're Not Real
37 | A Gust Of Pitch Black
38 | Heaven And Hell
39 | Goodbye, Beloved
40 | The Bubble Who Vanished
41 | Meet Evelyn Florence
42 | Let's Go Home

26 | Please, Spare Some Mercy

40 4 0
By frnchtoast

A DARK PIGMENT OF THE COLOR BLACK hugged Chase's body. He suddenly felt weak for he's having a difficult time moving like gravity's against his desires.

"No! Please don't," a man in his forty-s yelled, "Have mercy... Please!"

Chase's body suddenly fell to the ground. His skin attracted tiny rocks as it found contact from below. While he continuously blinks, the grimy tint suddenly turned into a starry yet dull atmosphere.

He's now kneeling on a rooftop and a tall, crying lad was at its edge. A petite girl who's holding a gun with her right hand and a broken wine bottle on the other was in front of the man.

The gun was aimed at her head while the bottle was pointed towards the lad. Her back faced Chase so he couldn't distinguish who she was, but he could see Cedric's worried and solemn expression.

The girl then laughed, loudly - making both of the boys cover their ears.

"How gullible," the lass spoke with a very entertained tone, "Did you really think killing me then stitching onto me will lead to nothing but a peaceful life at the end?"

Cedric's eyes widened and so did Chase's. With both their thoughts baffling with their inner voices, Chase felt like he's almost done fixing the puzzle of his past life.

"I just fulfilled what he told me to do!" Cedric yelled, "It was beyond what I wanted-"

"Yet you still killed me?" the girl interrupts, "You willingly killed me regardless of the knot that formed in your chest when you saw me that night?!"

"I wasn't supposed to shoot but I had n-no choice..." Cedric dropped to the ground.

His hands held onto the girl's feet for forgiveness while he begged with tear-brimmed eyes, "Please... Spare some mercy."

A thick fog suddenly formed causing Chase to see nothing but a white spur. As his thoughts tried it's hardest to process what happened, his heart unnervingly throbbed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 53.7K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
45.1K 1.4K 30
{Completed} You were sent to the hospital for what reason? It was because you saw people die. Simple as that. You are desperate to escape this place...
10.2K 95 17
Prologue - Zac Let me put this as simple as I can - there are some things in life that exists, not for pleasure or for gain, and I am one of them. Bu...
125K 5.2K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...