Two worlds (Everlark)

By JosephineMichelleC

Katniss Everdeen is an ordinary student at Mockingjay High in the state of Panem. With her friends she has th... More

Chapter 1: Arriving
Chapter 2: Annoyed
Chapter 3: Angry
Chapter 4: Lunch
Chapter 5: Mall
Chapter 6: Welcome
Chapter 7: Falling
Chapter 8: Some hate and bad memories
Chapter 9: Crime
Chapter 10: Still angry
Chapter 11: Plan into action
Chspter 12: Casting
Chapter 13: Results
Chapter 14: Getting the script
Chapter 15: Singing
Chapter 16: Invited
Chapter 17: Defending
Chapter 19: Friends
Chapter 20: Manager
Chapter 21: Real reason
Chapter 22: Rehearsing
Chapter 23: Another concert
Chapter 24: Tutoring
Chapter 25: Oh my my
Chapter 26: Interrogation
Chapter 27: Fight
Chapter 28: Lying?
Chapter 29: Comforting and bruises
Chapter 30: Truth
Chapter 31: Mellark's
Chapter 32: First time
Chapter 33: Remorse
Chapter 34: Bad feeling
Chapter 35: Basement
Chapter 36: Trust me
Chapter 37: Pain and agony
Chapter 38: Confession
Chapter 39: CD
Chapter 40: Strong?
Chapter 41: Shock
Chapter 42: Hospital
Chapter 43: More news
Chapter 44: Going home
Chapter 45: Try
Chapter 46: Surprises and PTSD
Chapter 47: Alive
Chapter 48: Play
Chapter 49: Graduation
Chapter 50: Surprise
Epilogue
Contest
Tomorrow!
COMPETITION OMG SO SORRY!
ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!

Chapter 18: Apologizing

4.1K 210 78
By JosephineMichelleC

Chapter 18

Katniss P.O.V.

Tonight I'm all alone in the house. The others are on dates with each other and Peeta is on some meeting with his manager.

It's boring to be alone. Really boring actually. Especially in such a big house as this. What am I suppose to do? I hate reading so that's off the table. Movie? Naah, it's funnier to watch movies with my friends.

I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room, putting the water bottle on the coffee table before throwing myself roughly in the couch.

What am I suppose to do now? Should I just lay here and have the most boring evening of my life?

I turn around to lay on my front instead of my back and sigh deeply into one of the pillows in the couch.

As I look up it feels like the walls are only coming closer and closer. As if the whole living room is shrinking or I'm just getting bigger and bigger.

I jump up from the couch. That's it! I'm so board out of my mind that it feels like the room is shrinking. That's a whole new level of boredom I've never experienced.

I look around in the living room. There's got to be something to do. I see Peeta's guitar in the corner beside the TV. No way I'm touching that thing, I might break it or something. The playstation, the Nintendo Wii and the Xbox. But most of the games, no all of the games requires more than one person.

The light blue walls starts shrinking again. I hate it when I have nothing to do. It's like I'm getting punished because of the fact that I don't have a boyfriend while everyone else in the group has a boyfriend, or is a major pop star that has a lot to deal with.

On a small high table beside a big pot with a small tree in a corner of the living room, I spot something. I think it's a script.

I walk up to the small high table and take the script in my hands. It says Peeta J Mellark, very neatly and beautifully written. J? Hmm. Okay now I got curious about what his middle name might be.

It hits me that I don't know anything about Peeta. And until very recently I didn't even refer to him as Peeta. I always called him Mellark. I mentally curse myself when I think of how mean I was to him.

I sigh as I walk up to the couch with the script. I open it and sees that he has highlighted the scenes he's in and his lines with an orange highlighter.

I find myself starting to read through the play. Not only fast, but really read it through. Apparently the main characters Joshua and Jennifer are best friends. But each of them has a secret they're hiding. Jennifer is some sort of evil angel and Joshua is an evil angel haunter. None of their friends or family knows about this and Joshua finds out what Jennifer is and has to kill her. But when he's seconds from doing it, he just can't. Jennifer wanted him to kill her because she knows she has strong feelings for him but she doesn't know what kind of feeling. Joshua has a girlfriend but he has feelings for Jennifer and he doesn't know how to read them either. And he feels like he's committingu a crime since he has sworn an oath to protect humans from evil angels, and he has angel blood in his but guardian angel blood, his mom was an guardian angel, and his father a human. When Jennifer realizes she's in love with him she feels happy and starts singing but afterwards she becomes deeply miserable, since they can never be together. When they find themselves alone though things takes a turn when they kiss and somehow with all the love feelings Jennifer has for Joshua and the goodness in her heart even though she's an evil angel, she gets turned into a guardian angel. So basically love saves her ass.

It seems cheesy. Very cheesy, but somehow interesting. Who wrote this play?

I jump when I get startled by the front door opening. I look at the clock above the tv. They're not suppose to be back yet.

I hear steps come walking towards the living room. Peeta enters the room and find me sitting in the couch.

"Oh hey", he says.

"Hi", I say. "You're early".

"Haymitch decided he wanted to go out and drink, not really my thing so I came home", Peeta says shrugging.

He sits down in the couch.

"What kind of manager is he?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"I know what you think, he's an alcoholic and my manager, but he's actually a good manager", Peeta says. "Kinda".

I smile and frown at the same time.

"Hey is that my script?" Peeta says, when he sees the orange highlights in the script.

"Oh yeah, I hope you don't mind I borrowed it, I haven't really read through it yet and yours was here when I got totally board out of my mind", I say.

He smiles.

"Of course not", he says gently.

But something in his eyes says that something is wrong. Hm. Oh well.

I put the script on the table and pick up my bottle of water.

Say it!

How would I start? I'm really not good at these things. I don't know how to say stuff like this. I don't know anything about it.

"Peeta", I say and he looks up at me. "I'm sorry".

He frowns and looks at me. He gives me a confused look. As if he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"What?"

"Yeah you know for pushing you down the stairs, locking you into that closet, trying to feed you pineapple", I say, feeling more ashamed. "Ramming my book and throwing my phone in your head".

"Giving me a black eye", Peeta smiles.

"Okay that one wasn't on purpose", I say still feeling ashamed. "And neither was that car incident, you just appeared from no where and ... Yeah, anyways I'm really sorry".

"It's okay, no hard feelings", he says

"Well you should be hating me, I was really horrible to you", I say. "I don't know what got to me, but I've always been pretty defensive I guess, the rest of the group have learned to deal with it I guess".

"Some particular reason you're so defensive?"

Yes!

"Yeah well let's just say that my life hasn't been all that easy", I say.

Something dies in Peeta's eyes. He seems to be traveling to another world. It seems like he doesn't even know I'm still sitting here in the couch beside him.

I carefully put my hand over Peeta's hand back. I gasp when I feel how cold it is. This is when I see how pale he's gotten. No trace of color at all in his face. Pale and cold.

"Hey Peeta are you all right?" I ask.

"Huh?" Peeta jerks.

"Are you all right?" I ask. "You kinda disappeared and you're really cold, are you sick?"

"Um no", he says but stands up and picks up his script. "But I think I'll probably go to my room and lay down".

I nod. Peeta turns his back towards me as he starts walking towards the staircase.

"Hey Peeta?" I ask and lean over the back of the couch.

He stops and turns around. A little bit of color has started to appear in his face again. He's still pale, but not as pale as just now when he sat in the couch.

"Yeah?"

"I'm curious", I say. "What's your middle name?"

At first he looks confused, but he glances at the script and starts smiling. It feels like I can literary see the color return to his face as he looks at me.

"Jamie", he says before he turns around again and walks up the stairs.

I turn around and sit back down smiling to myself, taking a sip of my water. My first information about Peeta. Jamie.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

✍🏻1366 words✍🏻

Hey guys, I hope you liked the chapter.

So Katniss apologized. FINALLY! Right?!

What made Peeta doze off like that? And Katniss got her first information about Peeta!

Please vote and comment.

-Josephine xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 637 22
Katniss Everdeen, one of the most popular girls in school, meets the new blonde hair, blue eyed, baker, and her whole world changes. Will they fall i...
7.1K 24 35
Katniss is a 19 year old senior at Hunger Games High. Katniss's in an abusive relationship what happens when Katniss & her 21 year old history teache...
47.1K 1.8K 31
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark are both seniors in high school, are about to graduate and have been in love for over 2 and a half years but they...
33.1K 871 16
Katniss Everdeen is nineteen and is bored of her normal life, she's leaving her house but one problem remains, where will she go? She has to find a p...