Epilogue

Epilogue

Katniss P.O.V.

It's a lie. It has to be a lie. I can't believe what they're telling me. It's just... Impossible.

Impossible is the right word.

"It's not a lie", Ella insists.

I can't even answer her. My eyes are focused on the mirror. On the reflection of the beautiful creature that I see. The beautiful creature has a long white dress. A breathtaking dress with spaghetti-straps, glitter under the breasts. The dress is silk and flowing, white lace in a beautiful pattern covers the white silk. A long white vail is flowing down her back and down onto the floor. The vail is being hold on place by a beautiful tiara. The light makeup in her face brings out the shadows her in her face, making her silver eyes pop out. Her long dark hair is curly and glittery and it's flowing down over her shoulders.

This creature is breathtakingly beautiful.

"It is you Katniss", Annie says.

"It can't be", I say, shaking my head. "It just can't be".

"But it is", Prim says. "Why is it so hard for you to believe?"

"Because", I say, taking a short pause. "I'm not beautiful, I never were, and this ... Creature in the mirror is breathtaking".

"Katniss it's you", Madge says. "And for the record, you've always been breathtaking".

"No!" I protest.

"I don't wanna get into an argument over this today", Glimmer says shaking her head. "Today is supposed to be a happy day remember".

I let out a giggle.

"Well with this dress on, it's hard not to remember", I say.

Peeta proposed to me right after high school graduation and of course I told him yes. But I wanted to wait a few years, before we got married. We're in our senior year in college and I didn't want to wait any longer.

"I can't believe you're getting married today!" Annie let's out a sound of joy.

"You're not far after", I tell her, knowing that Finnick and Annie are getting married in like four months.

"Still!" She says.

Ella rolls around in the room. She's very skilled with her wheelchair now. She's in a wheelchair basketball team. And she can do all of these tricks with the chair. She's really become one with the chair. It's pretty amazing.

The doctors said that she shouldn't expect to ever walk again, when it first happened. And I don't think she does. I think she's embraced her new lifestyle. It's taken a while, but she has. And she's doing really well.

Ugh I'm so nervous right now. I have my girls here, and my sister. But I don't know where Peeta and the boys are. I don't know anything. I just know that we're in the church, in a back room, and soon I'm going to walk out of here and down an isle to meet a boy that will soon become my husband. Nothing to be nervous about. Absolutely not. Nah-ah. Nada!

I feel how I'm starting to breathe really fast. The nervousness totally takes over my body. I'm trying to not think of nervous things. But it doesn't work.

It's just... I'm getting married.

"Katniss are you okay?"

I jump.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine", I say a bit distant, feeling how I get harder to breathe.

Something must have trigged my PTSD. I gasp. Breathing harder and faster. I feel how tears starts to fill my eyes.