Chapter 39: CD

Chapter 39

Peeta's P.O.V.

It took us about fifteen minutes to kidnap Ella from school and bring her to our house after she said what she said.

She's now sitting in the couch looking anxious. We're standing in a row in front of her, arms crossed over our chests.

"How can you possibly know who kidnapped Katniss?" I ask.

"And if you pull a trick on us, I swear to god I won't be an angel anymore", Annie hisses.

"Because it's the same persons who's been sending Katniss those threatening texts", Ella says.

I freeze. How can she know about that? Katniss family and the group found out about it yesterday, when the technicians were done investigating Katniss laptop and phone. The detective gave us papers with the texts, it was horrible to read. I don't know why she never told us, we could have helped her.

And on top of that they told us that Katniss has kept a box full of hate mails. It's far more than what she got when we knew about it, which means she kept that a secret as well. And I don't understand why.

"You do realize, because you know about the texts when no one else does, makes you a suspect right?" Finnick asks as if Ella isn't all clear in her head.

"I know, and I sent the first text to her", Ella says and I clench my fists. I don't hit girls, but I'm good attempted to do that now. "But", she says quickly. "That was the only text I sent to her, I didn't send the other once".

"And we should believe you why?" Madge asks narrowing her eyes.

"Because now when I'm going to tell you who it is, it's going to get me into trouble", Ella says as her eyes fill with tears. "I... The once who sent those texts and kidnapped her are my ... grandfather and uncle".

I frown. I don't know. Why would she tell us that her grandfather and uncle kidnapped Katniss? Unless...

"Are you lying?" I ask.

"No", Ella says and her tears spill. "I wish I were but I'm not. They're sick... Mentally, I don't know what exactly but they take medications for it, and when they do, they're the sweetest people ever, but if they skip their medications they can be dangerous".

I close my eyes. If what Ella tells us is true, Katniss got kidnapped by mentally unstable people. I mean more unstable than we first thought. Who knows what they can do to her.

"I don't know when they stopped taking their medications, but it must have been for a while, when I complained over Katniss and how I wished she could disappear. I wasn't speaking literary, but if they weren't on their medication they may have thought that I meant it literary and that's why they kidnapped her", Ella continues. "And I don't know what they're doing to her, but I may know where they..."

Ella gets interrupted by the doorbell.

Gale swears and stomps off to open the door. After about a minute he comes back with a package in his hands.

"What is that?" I ask.

"A kid came with it, said that a man gave him like 15 bucks to ring the doorbell and give it to us", he says.

"They were here?!" I say furiously.

I can't believe it! They were here! Katniss kidnappers were here! And I'm just guessing they didn't bring Katniss with them.

Gale opens the package and takes out a cd.

What the hell?

"Put it on", Clove says.

"I don't know..." I say unsure.

This can't be anything good. I'm sure of that.

Gale puts it in the dvd anyways and turns on the tv.

The first thing I hear is a terrifying scream that makes my ears bleed, my skin to crawl and the hair on my neck to raise.

I look at the screen. My heart drops to the floor. Katniss. She doesn't look like Katniss anymore. She looks sick. Her skin is grey and pale, her eyes are red and the glistening spark is long gone. Her shirt is bloody as well has her hands and arms, although the blood seems drained. She has some metal stuck in her thighs and there's flowing blood. She's being electrocuted.

I start to breathe faster and faster, trying to hold back my tears.

Katniss screaming continues. Two guys are sitting in front of her. You can't really see their faces, but almost.

"Turn it off turn it off turn it off!" I yell covering my ears and closing my eyes.

My legs fail me and I fall down on my butt, having a heard time breathing and tears running down my eyes.

My sweet girl. My Katniss. They're touring her. I can't handle this! I have to find her. I have to make sure she's alive and that she's going to live. I don't know when they taped this cd. For all I know she can already be dead.

"Peeta?"

The voice belongs to Ella. I turn my head around to look at her. She's looking at me with a worried face.

So Ella actually has feelings? I can't even be angry at her anymore. I want my girl home so badly I can't care about anything else right now.

If I could sleep or think about anything else earlier I'll definitely never be able to do that now.

"Why did they do that?" I ask feeling another wave of tears flow down my cheeks. "Why did they kidnap my Katniss?"

"I ... I don't know", Ella says. "I guess they ... Thought they would do me a favor, they can't really think rationally when they're off their medication".

"I don't know what to do", I say.

"Peeta", Ella says again. "I know where they are".

I jump up on my feet.

"What?" Annie says.

"They're in my grandparents beach house, I recognized the basement", Ella says. "The beach house".

"Take us there!" Finnick says, standing beside me.

"Right now", the others says at the same time.

"Okay", she says. "Okay I will".

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

✍🏻1022 words✍🏻

Hey guys, I hope you liked the chapter.

Okay so Ella knows where the house is and she's taking the others there.

Ugh I've got a new obsession. Battle run. I play it all the freaking time now lol.

And I have a new book. It's called Together (Everlark) and it's a little different from my other books. This book is a mix of reality and fanfiction, so it's an everlark fanfic mixed together with real life. I've never done that before and I hope it will be good, and I hope that you all are going to read it. The prologue is already up :)

Please vote and comment.

-Josephine xx