Chapter 25: Oh my my

Charter 25

Katniss P.O.V.

As soon as my lips connects with Peeta's, electricity shoots throughout my whole body. Our lips move exactly in sync. My hands travel from Peeta's neck up to his hair, where my fingers intertwine in his blonde curls.

It's like a dream, a wonderful dream.

Peeta's hands fall down on my waist and he pulls my body even closer to his and I cling onto Peeta as if my life depended on it.

Peeta's tongue pokes on my lower lip, so I part my lips to make the opening wider for him. His tongue slips in and I let a groan slip out of my mouth. Peetas hands holds me even closer and harder against his own body. I pull his hair harder. I moan loudly.

And so the dream is over. Peeta jumps away from me and up on his feet, looking really nervous, but with much darker eyes. I stand up as well, wanting to say something, but what should I say?

"Oh god, I'm so so sorry", he says, biting his lower lip and starts pacing around in the room. "I shouldn't have done that". Finally he stops in front of me. "Okay do it now, hit me".

I raise my hand. Peeta closes his eyes, keeping them closed hard. I gently put my hand into his cheek. Caressing it slowly.

Peeta slowly opens one eye to see what's going on.

"Have you forgotten how to hit someone?" He asks unsure.

I raise an eyebrow and smile at him. I shake my head.

"No but I'm not gonna hit you Peeta", I say. "You didn't do anything wrong".

He looks at me startled. He actually did expect me to hit him. That only makes me sad and realize how awful I really was to him.

"But I..." He starts but I put a finger to his lips to silence him.

"Peeta, I kissed you, I kissed you", I say slowly but very clearly.

"But... Why?" Peeta asks finally.

"I..." I don't know what to say. I pull away my finger and looks down at the floor. "I've ... Um... Lately I've been feeling... I like you".

I look up at Peeta to meet a very shocked face. Peeta is looking at me like I'm an alien or something. I start to feel uncertain. I don't know if Peeta feels the same way as I do, but I had hoped he did.

Peeta is standing right beside the window, the sun is shining right onto him, making him glow like an angel. He just stares at me with those big blue eyes of his, now back to its normal clear deep blue eyes, that are now shining.

I think he's processing what I just said. Thinking about what to tell me and how to turn me down as gently as possible. It doesn't feel so good, to just stand here and wait.

"Please say something", I beg quietly when I've finally had enough of the silence.

He smiles his sweet smile, taking both of my hands in his, looking at me like I'm something really wonderful.

"I never thought you'd ever feel the same way as I do", he whispers.

Now it's my turn to look at him like he's an alien. Did he just say that he likes me back? Did he really say that? And he said that he didn't think I'll ever have feelings for him.

I don't know how to make sense of all of this in my head. Or how to say something. It's all still so confusing for me. It's just that after I realized what I felt, it all just drained me and it's still so overwhelming.

All I do know, is that I'm very happy to hear that Peeta does like me back. It makes my whole body warm.

"You like me?" I ask, it barley comes out as a soundless whisper. But Peeta nods, so I know that he heard me.