Chapter 10: Still angry

Chapter 10

Katniss P.O.V.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to punish the boys for reading my diary. The girls promised to help me even though it's their boyfriends. They're on my side in this, and it's good to know that they have my back.

We're sitting by the kitchen table, talking about what we should do. The boys are at the gym right now, besides Mellark, he wanted to go but he had a meeting with his manager Haymitch.

It's great that they all are out so they don't hear what we're gonna do. The girls didn't want me to just chop their crotch off in their sleep, apparently the guys need them, so that's out.

"Put sugar in their protein drinks?" Madge says.

"No, they'll only cry, they have to really suffer", I say.

The boys are really careful with sugar. They really care about their training.

"Yeah but it would be fun to see them cry", Annie says.

"Yeah but they have to feel humiliated, like I did", I say.

Suddenly we hear the door open and close. Fuck! The boys are back.

"Girls?" Mellark's voice calls.

I sigh and shake my head. Why? Why did he come back this early?

"In here", Glimmer shouts before I can stop her and I slap my hand to my forehead and shake my head.

I hear loud firm steps walking towards the kitchen. He always makes a lot of noises when he walk. It's irritating. I can move without making a single sound if I want to. I can make myself into a ghost if I want to.

He comes into the kitchen, smiling at us.

He sits down at a chair around the table. Why is he sitting down? Did we tell him that we want him here?

Be nice Katniss! I tell myself, but my impulse to snap at him is so strong.

But to get back at him for reading my diary, I have to act cool. Like I'm not angry even though I am. No I'm furious. Okay furious doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now.

"Katniss..." He starts but I cut him off.

"What do you want?" I ask angrily.

I mentally curse myself, but I just couldn't help myself.

"Katniss I want you to know that I tried to stop them from reading your diary", Mellark says. "I really tried to, but when your door was open and they saw your diary on your bed, they said that they had to because you're always so secretive".

I'm about to say something really mean, but than I remember. I heard Mellark's voice when I stood outside my door. "Finnick, hey put it down. This isn't kind, just put it down and let's leave her room".

"Okay fine", I say after a few minutes. "Okay fine, I believe you".

"Really?" Mellark asks surprised and I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Shouldn't I?" I ask sounding defensive again.

"No no, you should, I was just surprised because of the fact that you don't like me all that much", Mellark says.

"Whatever", I say.

"Maybe Peeta can help us", Annie says suddenly.

"No way!" I say firm.

"Why not?" Glimmer asks. "It would be great".

"No! He's one of them", I say.

"It's not like they're evil creatures", Madge giggles.

"Yes they are, and he's one of them!" I say, fretful.

"I can talk for myself ladies", Mellark says. "Yes I'm one of the guys, but I'm guessing you're planning revenge?"

"Yeah", Clove says. "We know that they're our boyfriends, but Katniss is our girl, and reading her diary is an awful crime".

"I agree", Mellark says and nods his head.

"Wait, you wanna help?" I ask.

"Yeah, as a celebrity who gets almost no privet life at all I know how precious it is", he says and looks at me. "It was very bad of them to do that because what's written in diaries is someone's inner thoughts and should stay unread until the author wants it read".

That's actually kind of him to say. Maybe I didn't give him a chance in the beginning. Maybe I was way too hard on him. But that's not something I'm gonna tell him.

"Agreed", I say, looking away.

I write Mellark's name on the paper.

"We're trying to come up with ideas", Madge says.

"Well I had my idea..." I start but get cut off.

"No!" The girls says firm.

"Is your crotch really that important?" I ask looking at Mellark.

He burst out laughing when he understands what my plan is.

"Well yes, I'm afraid so, we have to pee, and since they all have girlfriends and they really seem to want them to keep their crotches, I'm guessing they're doing other stuff too", Mellark says.

I try not to laugh but I can't hold back a little smirk that shows lightly on my lips.

"I guess", I mumble. "So what are we gonna do smarty pants?"

Mellark smiles warmly. I don't return it though. I just look down onto the paper, ready to write down ideas they're coming with.

When the guys come back home a few hours later, we have decided what we're gonna do. We're gonna do it later and it's going to be so fun. I love revenge, and it's going to feel good. No one messes with me and gets away with it, especially not when my diary is involved.

I still don't understand how they could read my diary. I really don't. But I'm not sure I care anymore. They read it and they deserve to be punished.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

✍🏻942 words✍🏻

Hey guys, I hope you guys liked the chapter.

Katniss is right, they do deserve to be punished right?

Please vote and comment.

-Josephine xx