Chapter 18: Apologizing

Chapter 18

Katniss P.O.V.

Tonight I'm all alone in the house. The others are on dates with each other and Peeta is on some meeting with his manager.

It's boring to be alone. Really boring actually. Especially in such a big house as this. What am I suppose to do? I hate reading so that's off the table. Movie? Naah, it's funnier to watch movies with my friends.

I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room, putting the water bottle on the coffee table before throwing myself roughly in the couch.

What am I suppose to do now? Should I just lay here and have the most boring evening of my life?

I turn around to lay on my front instead of my back and sigh deeply into one of the pillows in the couch.

As I look up it feels like the walls are only coming closer and closer. As if the whole living room is shrinking or I'm just getting bigger and bigger.

I jump up from the couch. That's it! I'm so board out of my mind that it feels like the room is shrinking. That's a whole new level of boredom I've never experienced.

I look around in the living room. There's got to be something to do. I see Peeta's guitar in the corner beside the TV. No way I'm touching that thing, I might break it or something. The playstation, the Nintendo Wii and the Xbox. But most of the games, no all of the games requires more than one person.

The light blue walls starts shrinking again. I hate it when I have nothing to do. It's like I'm getting punished because of the fact that I don't have a boyfriend while everyone else in the group has a boyfriend, or is a major pop star that has a lot to deal with.

On a small high table beside a big pot with a small tree in a corner of the living room, I spot something. I think it's a script.

I walk up to the small high table and take the script in my hands. It says Peeta J Mellark, very neatly and beautifully written. J? Hmm. Okay now I got curious about what his middle name might be.

It hits me that I don't know anything about Peeta. And until very recently I didn't even refer to him as Peeta. I always called him Mellark. I mentally curse myself when I think of how mean I was to him.

I sigh as I walk up to the couch with the script. I open it and sees that he has highlighted the scenes he's in and his lines with an orange highlighter.

I find myself starting to read through the play. Not only fast, but really read it through. Apparently the main characters Joshua and Jennifer are best friends. But each of them has a secret they're hiding. Jennifer is some sort of evil angel and Joshua is an evil angel haunter. None of their friends or family knows about this and Joshua finds out what Jennifer is and has to kill her. But when he's seconds from doing it, he just can't. Jennifer wanted him to kill her because she knows she has strong feelings for him but she doesn't know what kind of feeling. Joshua has a girlfriend but he has feelings for Jennifer and he doesn't know how to read them either. And he feels like he's committingu a crime since he has sworn an oath to protect humans from evil angels, and he has angel blood in his but guardian angel blood, his mom was an guardian angel, and his father a human. When Jennifer realizes she's in love with him she feels happy and starts singing but afterwards she becomes deeply miserable, since they can never be together. When they find themselves alone though things takes a turn when they kiss and somehow with all the love feelings Jennifer has for Joshua and the goodness in her heart even though she's an evil angel, she gets turned into a guardian angel. So basically love saves her ass.

It seems cheesy. Very cheesy, but somehow interesting. Who wrote this play?

I jump when I get startled by the front door opening. I look at the clock above the tv. They're not suppose to be back yet.