𝙇𝙖𝙘𝙪𝙣𝙖

By N1ya3h

la·cu·na /ləˈk(y)o͞onə/ noun 1. an unfilled space or interval; a gap. Evi Jenson moved to Seattle from France... More

0
Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ Oɴᴇ {1.1}
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.8
1.9
Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴛᴡᴏ {2.1}
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
2.10
2.11
2.12
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.22
2.23
2.24
2.25
2.26 & 2.27
Season 3 {3.01}
3.02
3.03
3.04
3.05
3.06
3.07
3.08
3.09
3.10
3.11
3.12
3.13
3.14
3.15
3.16

1.7

1.8K 36 1
By N1ya3h

Ok, anyone who says you can sleep when you die, tell them to come talk to me after a few months as an intern. Of course, it's not just the job that keeps us up all night.

Evi awakens at the crack of dawn. She groans and presses the alarm on her phone. She looks at the time; 5:20 AM. She groans, rolling out of the bed.

"You get any sleep?" Evi asks as she stumbles down the stairs.

"Oh, she could oil the bedsprings as a courtesy or at least buy a padded headboard." Izzie says handing Evi a mug of coffee.

"So who's the guy?" George asks.

"You think it was just one guy doing all that work?" Evi asks George.

"Yeah, do you mind if I don't think about that?"

"Oh, jealous?" Izzie teases.

"I'm not jealous."

"Well, I am. But at least I know she'll be having a long day at work."

They hear someone trying to leave out of the door so the trio cram their neck and are shocked when they see it was the neuro attending.

"Well, at least we know brain surgery isn't his only skill." Evi snorts playing clueless.

"They can't be...He's her boss." George points out.

"We're late. He's all of our boss. You know she has been scrubbing in a lot lately on his surgeries." Izzie says.

"No, Meredith wouldn't sleep with him just to...No." George denies.

"Well, if she's not ashamed of it, why is she keeping it a secret?" Evi asks.

"Maybe she didn't. Maybe it just happened You know, spontaneously, last night."

Meredith enters kitchen. "Hi. Good morning."

"Morning. Hey, so it sounded like you were having some pretty radical sex last night, all night long. Who was the guy?" Evi smiles.

"no one you know." Meredith says sending her a look.

"We're late. Let's go." She ushers them out of the door.

I mean, if life's so hard already, why do we bring more trouble down on ourselves? What's up with the need to hit the self-destruct button?

•.•.•.•.•

"Yikes, wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley." Evi teases Cristina.

"Right back at ya."

Alex jogs up to the group.

"A run? You run?" Izzie says in disbelief.

"Every day, babe, every day."

"Not suffering enough?" Meredith asks.

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

"Don't go acting all indefatigable. You're dragging like the rest of us. Oh, what is that, professional weakness, Dr. Yang?"

"It's called the flu."

"Yeah."

The interns enter the locker room.

"I'm gonna need a major rush to make it through this day. I need a kick-ass surgery." George says.

"Ooh, you a bad boy last night, George?" Alex asks.

"That would be Meredith."

"You a bad boy, Meredith?"

"Do tell."

"I got no sleep last night, maybe next time you can keep it down Mer?" Evi says looking over at her for a moment.

"Nothing to tell."

"That says it all, huh?" Cristina says as Izzie slams her locker door.

"Sorry, I have a sex life."

"Don't apologize. Embrace it. Share it. Count me in."

"Yeah, next time, just let me know if I need to go to a hotel so I can get some sleep." Izzie says and Evi agrees.

"Am I missing something?" Meredith asks confused.

"You were just a little loud." George says.

Everyone leaves except Meredith, Evi and Cristina.

"Do they know its McDreamy keeping them up all night?" Cristina asks.

"I hope not. I already have Bailey riding me, I don't need my roommates thinking I'm getting special treatment." Meredith says.

"Well bad news for you- they know, we saw him leave this morning." Evi says.

•.•.•.•.•

"O'Malley, Yang, Karev, go on to clinic." Bailey starts listing off assignments.

"O'Malley, patients are waiting. You two come with me. Izzie, Evi you're hanging with me today. Good morning, Dr. Shepherd."

"Dr. Bailey. Late night, Grey?"

"No, caffeine just hasn't kicked in yet."

Evi raises her eyebrows.

"If you're at all religious, you would want to start praying it kicks in soon. There's a consult in the pit. Girl with a fever and abdominal pain. After that, Nicholas in 3311 needs his meds. Mr. Moeller's IV fell out, and he's a hard stick. Postops in 1337, 3342, 3363, and 2381." Bailey loads Meredith with work.

"381. 3342, 3363, and 23..."

"Why are you still standing in front of me?" She snaps and Meredith leaves.

She turns to Izzie and Evi. "You look more like me than you right now. What's the matter?" She asks Izzie.

"Nothing." Izzie responds as a woman comes in.

"Help! I need immediate help." She says.

"What's the problem?" Bailey responds.

"My damn boyfriend swallowed my keys."

The man starts speaking with difficulty. "I didn't want her to leave."

"Locate the lady's keys." She tells Izzie and Evi.

•.•.•

"I assume the lady needs her keys to leave this guy's sorry ass behind." Bailey says as they look at the man's xrays.

"Yeah." Izzie says.

"Well, help her out." She says as the trio start to walk through hall.

"He needs a bronchoscopy." Evi says.

"See one, do one, teach one. You've seen one. It's time to do one." She tells the two girls.

"By ourselves? Seriously? Thanks. I mean, the vote of confidence in my skills and all. I didn't think you well, anyone was noticing how hard I've been working..." Izzie rants and Evi elbows her slightly so she doesn't make Bailey change her mind.

"Izzie?" Evi says.

"Yeah?"

"Let's go."

•.•

"It'll be safer to wait until your lunch digests before we do the procedure." Izzie informs the patient.

"Perfect, this is just perfect. I was hoping to be in Portland right now."

"You're gonna be under conscious sedation JP, which means you'll be awake, but groggy." Evi continues explaining.

"Wait, wait. Is this gonna hurt?" He asks looking towards Evi.

"You'll have some discomfort but we'll give you something for the pain." She insures.

"Do you know how stupid you make me look." His girlfriend speaks up.

"I thought you would think this is funny."

"Funny?"

"Romantic?" He tries.

"Like the therapist thing was funny and romantic?"

"That was funny."

"No, that was sad. He called my therapist pretending to be his therapist, to find out what I'd said about him."

"That's a little passive-aggressive, JP?" Izzie says.

"A little? He is the king of passive-aggressive. And he's manipulative...and needy..."

"Well, that's the trifecta." Evi says.

"What do I win?" Evi shakes her head. "What?"

•.•.•.•

"She knows." George says as Izzie and Evi walk up to the pair.

"What, about doctor-cest?"

"It's been going on for, like ever."

"Seriously?"

"And you didn't tell us?"

"Ooh, you're a gossip, huh? And Evi knew."

"I am not! And Evi how could you not tell us?"

"I am." Izzie says as they arrive at the hospital coffee shop.

"I thought it was a one time thing." Evi defends.

"He's about to go into major brain surgery on no sleep? Not very responsible."

"Jealous much? sex all night isn't about being responsible."

"No, it's about sex all night. I can't believe you're not more pissed off about this, you of all people."

"Well, she works hard all day. She's good at her job. Why should you care how she unwinds? I mean, you like to bake all night. Some people like to drink. Others like an occasional screaming orgasm."

"Yeah, we do. Forget I said that. Pretend like I'm not here. Continue." Alex says as he approaches the group.

"You look like you need to be spoon-fed." He says to Cristina.

"You look like Alex."

"Yeah, about drinking, Dr. Taylor, the anesthesiologist..." George says nodding to where Dr. Taylor is standing nearby. "Do you think he drinks?"

"I said, whatever gets you through the day."

"I mean here, at work. Earlier, I thought I smelled...Do you think...? I mean, his patients trust that...So I should say something, right?"

"It's a can of worms, George. Weren't we talking about sex, anyway?"

"Doofus."

"Ew." Evi scrunches her nose up.

•.•

"Do you really, seriously want to know why I'm leaving?! Seriously? How about when you started insisting that I quit my job, right when I started to make more money than you? That should have been the last straw. No, no. The last straw should have been when I found out that those mysterious phone calls that you've been getting that you kept denying were from other women were really coming from your mother. This isn't healthy."

"Just, hold still, please." Evi says to JP as she and Izzie work to get the keys out of his throat.

"Don't you dare try to patch this up!" The woman continues.

"Could the both of you please stop?" Evi tries again.

"You don't love me, JP. You love to smother me. And if I could just get you to admit that, then I could leave you with an ounce of respect."

"Athena, I let you stay in here to keep him calm. So, if you're just gonna keep-"

"Check that. I can't respect a man desperate enough to swallow my exit strategy. That is the last straw!"

"Michelle, can you get her out of here?"

"Ma'am?" Michelle asks.

"Fine!"

JP starts choking on the keys.

"What? What's happening?" Athena asks.

"The keys moved farther down." Evi sighs.

"Oh, my God, what does that mean?" She turns to JP. "What did you do? Don't you dare die, JP!"

"Please! Please, just shut up!" Izzie demands.

"Breathe, JP. Just breathe." Athena says.

"Got it." Evi says lifting the keys out. "Very impressive, JP."

"Is he ok? Is he gonna be ok?"

"Yeah, he'll be fine." Izzie says as JP smiles and laughs at Athena.

"You lit-you did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"Can I offer you some advice? Get in your car and go, for all of our sakes." Izzie says.

"You never gonna find where I parked it." JP smiles.

•.•.•.•

"I thought you'd be asleep by now." Meredith says walking into the kitchen where Izzie was baking a cake and Evi was waiting for a slice.

"Yeah, well, I'm not. If you wait a few minutes, you can have a piece of cake. Baked it chock-full of love. Actually, chock-full of unrelenting, all consuming rage and hostility, but it's still tasty."

"So you know?"

"I know."

"Well, do you want the long, sordid version, or do you want the short version, where I started sleeping with a guy who turned out to be my boss?"

"Neither."

"Izzie, cut me some slack here."

"No. You want to Dartmouth. Your mother is Ellis Grey. You grew up... Look at his house! You know, you walk into the OR, and there isn't anyone who doubts that you should be there. I grew up in a trailer park. I went to state school. I put myself through med school by posing in my underwear. You know, I walk into the OR, and everyone hopes I'm the nurse. Y-you have their respect without even trying, and you're throwing it away for...what? A few good surgeries?"

Evi moves her head between the two as they speak.

"No. It's not about the surgeries. It's not about getting ahead."

"Then what? A little hot sex? You're willing to ruin your credibility over that? I mean, Meredith, what the hell are you doing?"

Evi stares at Meredith as she rolls her eyes.

"Oh, my God. You're falling for him." Evi speaks.

"I am not."

"Oh, you so are." Izzie agrees.

"No, I'm not."

"You so are. Damn it, you poor girl." 

"You know, it's just that he's just so...And I'm just...I'm having a hard time."

"Wow, you're all, uh, mushy and...warm and full of secret feelings." Izzie says as she hands Evi and Meredith a slice of cake.

"I hate you! And your cake."

"My cake is good. So, um, how hot is the sex?"

"Izzie."

"What? Come on, I'm not getting any. Help a girl out with a few details."

Maybe we like the pain.
Maybe we're wired that way.
Because without it, I don't know...
...maybe we just wouldn't feel real.
What's that saying? "Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop."

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

531K 9K 62
" According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus separa...
127K 2.5K 75
❝𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙜𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙮'𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙗𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪�...
950 23 7
serendipity (noun): good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries; a stroke of luck. but how much luck can there be in a world filled with...
23.2K 560 28
-𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐯 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐭�...