Club Echo

By camrenruinedmylife

(Book 1/3 of Club Echo) Y/N is a very well known DJ at a popular club in LA. What happens when one day a cer... More

Where Have You Been
your text
WINE
Turn Me On
Hungry Heart
I Melt With You
love is so hard!
It's You
This
Break My Heart Again
I Kissed A Girl
Iris
Cherry Wine
Hands To Myself
So Weightless
Be the Song
Heal
Lover of Mine
Not Afraid Anymore
Supermarket Flowers
Missing Piece
Falling Apart
Apologize
Amnesia
Unsteady
West
Off My Face
Mariposa
Medicine
Love Like This
we fell in love in october
What They'll Say About Us
maybe we need a break
Like I Want You
In My Dreams
Everything Has Changed
Freaks
Chasing Cars
Daddy Issues
Meant To Be
I'm Nothing Without You
Winter Things
I See the Light
voicemail
It was nice while it lasted
La Vie En Rose
you were good to me
Love Is Gone
No Time To Die
Strangers, Again -

Come On, Come On

21.6K 636 1.2K
By camrenruinedmylife

Come On, Come on by Scott Hardkiss

——

Y/N's POV

Lizzie and I walked hand in hand on the beach after we realized that it is getting a little too cold for our liking. I still have no idea how we ended up holding hands like we're a couple but here we are. Does she even know what she's doing to me?

I glance at her, noticing her shiver, "are you cold? here." I let go of her hand, gently encasing her with the blanket. I ruffle the edges, making sure she's warm and cozy. "Nice and warm."

Lizzie flashes me a warm smile before inserting her fingers in between the cracks of my hand. She slings her other hand around my triceps, letting her head rest against my shoulder. It really doesn't get better than this. I never would have thought I would have her like this with me. At this point in time, I don't care if this is her just being platonic because at the end of the day, I'm rewarded for having her so close to me. I'm willing to take anything I could get. I'll be her sanctuary. And maybe, just maybe, one day, she'll reciprocate the feeling.

"Do you have your phone on you?" Lizzie peers me with a question.

"Yeah, why?"

"Can I see it for a second?" Lizzie unwraps her left hand, gesturing for me to give her my phone. I furrowed my eyebrows questioningly before caving in. I watch as she goes to my Spotify app, looking for a song to play. I veer my attention away from my screen, wanting to be surprised at what she chooses.

She Lays Down by The 1975 begins to play. I personally love this song and I'm glad that she chose to play this. Lizzie came back inside of my arms, getting quite comfortable in it as we walked. The nice calming breeze with the water barely touching our feet adds the cherry on top of this perfect impactful moment. The world could end tomorrow and I would be content with everything that led up to this.

After spending an hour on the beach, we eventually had to come back to my apartment complex. I watch as Lizzie makes her way into my bedroom where my closet is. I couldn't help but let the smile creeping up my face win as she dropped her bag, putting some of her clothes into my dresser. I love how she's casually making herself at home. She doesn't even realize that I followed her because after she had placed all of her clothes in my closet, she made her way to the bathroom where she had slung her toothbrush next to mine. She pulled her lilac colored towel, hanging it loosely next to mine.

"What?" Lizzie asked me as she exited the bathroom. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're moving in?" I tease.

Lizzie scoffs, "what? I figured since I'm here most of the time, I might as well bring a couple of my things with me."

I chuckle softly, "Lizzie, I'm not complaining. By all means bring as much of your things as you want. I just find it entertaining watching you so focused. It's cute."

I noticed her blush and my heart immediately did all kinds of flips and tricks inside of my chest. I bit my lip and cleared my throat, "anyway, unfortunately, I work tomorrow. I should be back before 7pm though."

"Okay, great because you're almost out of almond milk so I'll go get groceries while you're at work and stock up on some other stuff as well." Lizzie suggests making me feel ecstatic.

"Oh, you don't have to do that." I insist.

"I know but I want to. It's the least I could do after pushing my stay here."

"Bab.. I mean, Lizzie, you're not pushing your stay here. You're more than welcome to stay here for as long as you want." I try to salvage myself from almost calling her baby. I need to control myself before I make her feel weird. "Which brings me to my next point.." I tell her before disappearing into the living room. I rushed toward the coffee table to grab what I needed. I link back up with her, handing her the item. "Here, I figured you'd need that."

"Your house key?" Lizzie gazes at the piece of metal.

"I have another copy in my locker at work so you can keep that." I feel nervous giving her this because it seems as though I'm asking her to move in. "This way, you could just come in as you please without having to knock." I look at her, a little anxious that she might feel awkward about it.

Lizzie scrunches her nose before placing the key inside of her purse. I resume my night routine, not realizing that she's mirroring everything that I'm doing. We brush our teeth together, giving each other playful glares. I gurgle the remaining of the toothpaste residue out of my mouth, childishly splashing Lizzie with water that came out of the faucet. She stopped what she was doing, tilting her head at me. My eyes expand at the sight, immediately running for my life.

"You're gonna regret that, y/n!" Lizzie yells from the bathroom before chasing me around my bedroom.

"I'm sorry, okay? I was just messing around." I laugh, attempting to escape her reach. I have never seen her so determined to catch me.

"There's absolutely no way I'm letting you leave this room unscathed." Lizzie threatens me before jumping over my bed in an attempt to get to me. I react just in time, dashing to the opposite side of her. I huffed in amusement as we ran around the room like a bunch of children.

We continued to chase each other for god knows how long until we both conceded because we couldn't keep up with our nonexistent energy. We both plopped ourselves into my bed, trying to catch our breath.

"I'll get you someday." Lizzie says in between breaths. "Just know that, y/n."

"Whatever loser." I cracked a joke, earning a playful punch from her.

We fell into a pool of laughter, enjoying each other's presence. Lizzie turns to me, giving me an observing look. I can't read what she's trying to get at here but it's enough to give me butterflies in my stomach.

"What?" I asked, curiously.

Lizzie gazes her green eyes at me softly, and I swear I could see my future in them. I hope she does too. "You want to eat cereal with me? I'm starving."

I laugh in amusement, "you want to eat cereal at this time of day? Lizzie, it's midnight."

"Okay, and? It's never too late for cereal. Come on, let's go!"

I huffed in defeat as I followed Lizzie in the kitchen. She grabbed us two bowls from the cabinet, carefully letting Honey Bunches of Oats fall into the bowl. I pour the remaining of my almond milk into it, plopping two spoons. Lizzie leads me to my living room, setting her bowl on to her lap before turning on the tv.

"Lucifer?" I asked, stirring my cereal.

"Of course." Lizzie's face lights up as she leaned her back against the couch, carefully taking her bowl of cereal into her delicate hands. She doesn't notice but I steal a quick glance, admiring all of her features. My heart wobbles in an attempt to grasp an understanding of what kind of emotion is stirring up inside of me. Eventually, our bowls were left empty.

Instinctively, Lizzie allows her head to fall on to my shoulder naturally. I playfully offer her my hand and she takes it with ease, intertwining our fingers together. I softly place a chaste kiss on her forehead, also resting my head on top of hers.

The sudden noise from the tv woke me up from my sleep. I began to stir slowly, my vision barely adjusting to my surroundings. I tried to move but Lizzie's sleeping body is preventing me from doing so. She's peacefully resting her head on top of my shoulder, her soft paced breathing enough to make me feel jubilant. Of course, being the way that I am, I adore her not-so simple features. She is truly marvelous without even trying. The world should be jealous because they don't look as appealing as her. No one stands a chance. She wins.

After gawking at her for about god knows how long, I carefully retreated away from her sleeping form, gently sweeping her off her feet. I cloak my arms under her legs, letting her head rest against my chest comfortably. I quietly kick my bedroom door open, attentively laying her down on my bed. I tuck her in, making sure that she is well covered. I don't want her shivering in the middle of the night. As usual, I lay right beside her, giving her enough space to move around. Eventually, sleep slowly started to take over my body.

The next morning, I woke up before her. I quietly vacate my bed to resume my morning routine. Lizzie must've been exhausted because even after spending almost half an hour getting ready for work, she was still sleeping soundly. I took it upon myself to make her breakfast so that she would have something to eat when she wakes up. I made my way back to my room, admiring her mesmerizing sleeping form. It's a bit creepy but I can't help but praise her in every way I can. I mean, she deserves it. I lean forward, giving her a soft kiss on her forehead.

When I arrived at work a few minutes early, I went on about my preparation, doing a couple of things that are usually not on my list. It's a short day for me because the owner decided to give me a half day because I have not yet used any of my leave days. My replacement will be coming approximately five hours from now. It's another freebie night with a twist. We don't usually take song requests but we're tweaking our rules for today.

My shift went by pretty quick because before I knew it, I found myself driving to the block of my apartment. I take off my helmet, pulling the key off of the ignition. I sling my bag over my shoulder before making my way up to my apartment. For once, I'm extremely excited to go home simply because I know that Lizzie is waiting for me. I feel nervous but it wasn't the type where it would drive you insane. It's the type that will make you forget about your problems. I couldn't suppress my smile as I heard the faint sound of Lizzie singing to the song, Twist by Chubby Checker.

As I open the door as sneakily as I can, my eyes land on her mindlessly dancing her heart out. Lizzie does the shimmy in the middle of the living room with her back facing the door so she couldn't exactly see me. I continued to watch her intently, enjoying every second of her goofy dance moves, not having a care in the world. Lizzie begins to do the moonwalk, not realizing that she is inching her way to me. When her body clashes against mine, Lizzie jumps, immediately pulling herself out of the situation.

"Fuck, you scared me!" Lizzie covers her chest, indicating my unknown presence freaked her out. "Since when did you get here?"

I chuckle softly, "just now."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Why would I? I enjoyed watching you dance like a dork." I tease. "What was that move you were just doing a second ago?"

Lizzie childishly hits me, "I hate you." She mumbles under her breath before making her way to the dining room. "I made dinner." That explains the smothering smell of steak around the vicinity of my apartment.

"What'd you make?"

"Filet mignon with asparagus." Lizzie places two wine glasses beside the plate. "Is that okay?"

I glance over the table seeing a well presented dinner, fancy restaurant presentation worthy. This is a candlelit dinner and it's driving my heart into a pit of feelings. It is obvious that she took her time, arranging everything to perfection. It's bringing me tears because no one had ever prepared dinner for me like this before.

"Lizzie, you didn't have to do all of this." I said softly, taking a seat across from her.

"Don't even start. I wanted to do this. It's the least I could for everything you have done for me. And before you say that you wanted to do all of those generous acts, I really just want to do something nice for you. So, please, let me do this." Lizzie ended her little speech with a breathy smile.

I conceded with a grin, "thank you so much for this. It looks amazing."

"Really? I'm glad you like it because I've been running around all day trying to find everything I needed." Lizzie explains.

"Was that your car out front?" I ask, curiously.

Lizzie nodded, "yes, I had Alfred drop it off earlier. I don't know how you like your steak so I cooked it according to how I like it. Medium well. Is that okay?"

"Yes, that's how I eat mine."

"Great. Oh, and for the wine I got us Stella Rose. I know how much you like them since you have like two empty bottles in the trash bin."

I admire her attention to detail, "thank you again. This is all really sweet. No one has ever cooked for me before. At least not like this. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Lizzie slowly draws a smile on her face, "you're welcome, y/n."

We ate in silence, letting the jazz blues be the only source of sound. Every once in a while, I would gaze at her, and she would do the same. The outside world didn't matter between us. At this moment, we were only thinking of one thing. Us.

After dinner, I insisted on doing the dishes. Lizzie eventually caved in after fighting her for it. She rummaged through the stacks of my vinyl while I resumed chore work.

"Question, are you feeling James Arthur or The 1975?" Lizzie perks me a question. I don't meet her eyes but I answer almost instantly.

"Is this even a question? Of course The 1975." I scoff, rubbing off the residue of the A1 sauce off the plate.

Sex by The 1975 begins to play, making me bop my head in melody. I hum along with the lyrics, noticing that Lizzie is doing the same.

"There's only minutes before I drop you off
And all we seem to do it talk about sex
She's got a boyfriend anyway.."

I sing a little louder than last time, finding the irony in these lyrics. Even though we don't converse about sexual actions, I'm still involving myself with someone who has a significant other. I'm already breaking my own rule. When the song ended, I finished doing the dishes. I didn't waste anymore time before plopping myself into my couch. Lizzie mirrors my move, our skin barely touching.

An idea suddenly came to my mind. It's pretty stupid and could probably get us sick but I'm all about being spontaneous at this point.

"You wanna do something stupid with me?" I quirk my lips, waiting for her answer.

"Depends.. are we going to get arrested?" Lizzie begins to play with the hem of my shirt, deep in thought.

"No, it's nothing too crazy. It just involves us taking our clothes off." That made her stop what she was doing. Maybe I should've rephrase that question.

"Uh..."

"We're just gonna go out for a quick swim." I chuckle at her confusion.

"You do know that it's like 40 degrees outside right now.."

"That's what makes it fun, now come on let's go!" I tug on Lizzie's hand, pulling her away from the couch.

"Y/N, this seems a little unorthodox." Lizzie insists.

"Come on, it'll be fun. I'll go pack our change of clothes." I tell her with so much excitement in my voice before disappearing into my room. I grab my empty gym bag, shoving a few of my clothes and Lizzie's. I also went ahead and grabbed a couple of towels and my weighted blanket for warmth.

It took a couple of pushing the right buttons with Lizzie but she caved in. In the light of what we are about to do, I decided that it's best if we use her car to get there so we could actually be warm right after. I swear, LA is never cold but somehow today was different.

When we finally arrived at the destination, I noticed Lizzie rethinking her decision. She definitely regrets caving in.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit pale." I teased as I parked the car in the lot. Fortunately for us, we only have to walk a couple of paces to reach the waves. "You're not thinking about backing out, are you?"

Lizzie scoffs, "what? Me backing out? No!" She began taking her top off, causing me to start feeling flustered. "What?"

I lick my lips together, "nothing, just making sure you're.. okay." I'm so stupid I swear.

(Please play Come on, Come on by Scott Hardkiss to feel the moment. You won't regret it 😉)

After we are both left with our bras and underwear, Lizzie and I ran toward the beach like two stupid teenagers. We're already shivering and we're not even wet yet. The breeze is not doing us justice. We're definitely going to catch pneumonia.

"Are you ready?" I ask her as we remain only a few inches from the gentle waves.

Lizzie sighs nervously, "ready as I'll ever be."

"We'll only stay in the water for a little bit then we'll go."

"Remind me again why we're doing this?"

"Because we're being spontaneous. It's going to be fun!" I try to take her mind off of it.

Lizzie shakes her head at me. I walk a little ahead of her, taking initiative. When I realized that she's still in the same place, I took it upon myself to pick her up, slinging her over my shoulder without her noticing, earning a surprise yelp from her.

"Oh my god Y/N, put me down." Lizzie laughs, trying to wiggle out of my restraint.

Before she could have any sort of reaction, I dropped her down carefully, submerging her into the water. We immediately feel the chilling temperature of the water, making us huff with heavy breaths. We looked at each other in regret as our bodies began to feel numb with every second we stayed submerged in the water.

"Alright, fuck this, let's go." I say in between breaths.

We shuffle away from the water and into the car. Laughter fills the vehicle as we try to stay warm. I toss Lizzie her towel and I encase her with the weighted blanket because it seems like she's in a much worse condition than I am.

"Oh my god, I can't feel my fingers." Lizzie giggles in between shivers, showing me her stiff hands.

I laugh at her struggle before taking her cold hands, encasing it with my own. I bring her cold fingers toward my mouth, blowing hot air in an attempt to warm it up so she could gain the feeling back. I don't notice her staring as I am way too focused on keeping her hands warm as best as I could. When I finally look up, we gaze toward each other, getting lost into the void of our own souls. I stopped what I was doing as my attention stayed on her, not looking anywhere else.

I could feel and hear my own heart beat the longer I stared deeply into her emerald eyes. I notice her face start to relax the longer we gaze longingly toward each other. My eyes trail off to her rosy, plump lips. I start to lean forward and I realize that she's mirroring my movements. I didn't hesitate anymore. We slowly inch our way toward each other, the distance between us is almost nonexistent. Our forehead touches first, and we stop for a second. I could feel her heavy breathing as her eyes plastered against my lips.

As I close the distance slowly but surely, her phone rings. Lizzie pulls away almost instantly. I cocked my head back to my side, looking elsewhere. I could feel my cheeks burning up. I play with my lips, trying to calm myself down.

"Okay, I'll be right there." Lizzie panics as she hangs up the phone.

"Is everything okay?" I ask worriedly.

"No, Robbie got arrested." Lizzie mumbles under her breath, nibbling on her nails. "Can you please drive to the 34th precinct?"

"Yeah of course."

I start the car, quickly pulling the vehicle out of the parking lot. I notice Lizzie is still a little bit hysterical so, I attempt to place my right hand on top of her shoulder. She flinches at my touch, moving her body away from me. That hurt. I slowly pull my hand away, leaving her alone.

——

A/N: Almost right?? Yikes.. what do y'all think Robbie did? 🥴

See y'all in the next!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 28.8K 71
Y/N is no longer a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. Well she is, but she's also figuring out to be in...
318K 10.1K 26
Y/n is an aspiring musician who spends her days fetching coffee and scheduling meetings for A-list celebrity, Elizabeth Olsen, and her nights perform...
33.6K 1.4K 22
Y/N is a divorced 24 year old musician, the lead singer/guitarist of the popular band Midnite Sun, and also dating Elizabeth Olsen. Following the eve...
736K 23.6K 71
Y/N is not a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. But she is married to her celebrity wife Elizabeth Chase...