DxD: Potential Of The Unknown

By Lawliet_Aftermore

Chance and probability are weird concepts... But, what if someone moved a little faster? Took an extra step a... More

Chapter 1-A normal day
Chapter 2-I Died...apparently
Chapter 3-First day(s) on the job
Chapter 4-Attack on a Stray house! Awakening!
Chapter 5-I made a new friend! ...But she's in danger!!
Night Meinichi BIO and Info
Omake!! Smol-Boi/Ara~Ara mornings!!
Chapter 6-I have to save her! New power!?
Omake!! Kitten gets touchy?!
Chapter 7-Dangerous dodgeball! Familiars?
KFC Arc - Opening Sequence
Omake!! The Perverted Trio kidnap Y/N!?!
Chapter 8-What's going on? Kidnapped!?
Omake!! The girls find out what happens at boy's night!
Chapter 9-Training to Beat Burnt Chicken!
Omake!! Dancing In The Rain.
Omake! February 22nd, Y/N's second least favorite day.
Y/N and Shield, into The Y/N -Verse!
Y/N and Shield, Into Infamous! Y/N Rowe! (Evil Karma)
Chapter 11-Rematch!? Awakening!
Omake!! After The Fight.
Chapter 12-Strange Occurrences.
Chapter 13-Holy Sword Users Enter The Fray
Omake!! Live For Yourself!
Chapter 14-Why Is Freed So Weird?!
Chapter 15-Battle To Prevent a War
Omake!! Milk? Malk? Mulk?
Chapter 16-To Trust Someone
Omake!! THRILLING Fluff
Chapter 17-Revelations

Chapter 10-Insurmountable Odds! Rating Game!

1.3K 50 64
By Lawliet_Aftermore

Akeno: The following is a non-profit, fan-based parody. HighschoolDxD is owned by Funimation and Ichiei Ishibumi. Please support the official release~

*Buzz* Y/N: Dammit Akeno... that's the best we'll get, it was the least sexual!

Lawliet: Fine! We'll use it!

(Roll Intro)

(Tobi:- Knuckles cracked)

Y/N sighed as he sat hunched with his hands making its way to his chin as he went over the plan in his head. He was sitting crisscrossed on one of the couches with Koneko across from him adjusting her pink, fingerless boxing gloves.

Rias had told them to wear whatever they felt comfortable in for the battle, mostly everyone had elected to wear the usual school uniform. Asia had chosen to wear her nun gear, and Y/N decided to wear the uniform as well.

The only difference being, instead of the blazer, he wore his black zip-up hoodie which he kept unzipped; with his shirt still buttoned up. His tie was still messy, and his hand wraps still around his hands.

While he was thinking, he almost didn't notice a warm presence that made itself known to his left. Jerking his head in its direction, he saw Asia who looked nervous curled into him, probably just seeking comfort, he was used to this. Whenever Asia would have nightmares, she would knock on his door and join him in bed, her presence felt nice and warm, almost like the sun.

He smiled softly at the girl and just rubbed her head for a bit. After about 10 minutes, a bright blue flash filled the room. As the flash subsided, Grayfia was standing there in its place, "I've come to inform you all as Lucifer-sama's Queen, that the game will be starting soon and I will be the one overseeing today's match. Sitri-Sama will be broadcasting it to everyone in the underworld. But as Grayfia, I've come to wish you all luck." She says, smiling at everyone before teleporting out again. They all smile, glad to receive support from outside the peerage.

Rias stands up, wanting to go over the plan one last time, "Okay everyone! You all know your roles, yeah?" She asks and everyone nods their heads. "Our base will be the ORC while Riser's is the new student council room. Kiba, you will be surveying the no man's land and taking out any pieces you see trying to make their way over here." The boy in question nodded his head in affirmation.

"Akeno, you will take Riser's Queen head-on. You're the best hope to defeat her, watch out for her bombs. When Koneko leaves the gymnasium, hit it as hard as you can." The ravenette nods, smiling in an attempt to calm her own nerves.

"Asia, you'll be with me so we can stay in the game as long as possible. Koneko, you are to head to the gymnasium and lure in some of Riser's pieces. Okay?" The two girls nod their heads understanding her words.

Y/N would've said something about him being left out but he wasn't paying attention, he was lost in his own head. Standing up, they all went to the transport circle. A bright flash blinded them momentarily before they were greeted with the ORC again, this time it was much stiffer and any wildlife noises outside could no longer be heard.

[Grayfia: Let the rating game between Riser Phenex and Rias Gremory begin!]

Rias faced her peerage again, handing out magic communication orbs. "Okay everyone, you know your jobs. Good luck and let's win this thing!" She cheered and everyone joined her.

Before Y/N can leave with Koneko, Rias calls him. "Y/N, come put your head on my lap." She said while sitting on the couch while giving him a soft smile. "Eh!?" Y/N turns comically white as he freezes in place.

~A couple minutes later~

"Rias, w-why are we doing this right now?" He said, blushing massively with his head on her lap as she gently massaged his head. The redhead just looked down at him and smiled before making a circle on his head with her fingers, tapping his head. "Annnnd, done! I've just released three pawns worth of power. Your body should be able to handle more than 1 now!" She said as Y/N sat up with her smiling at him.

Y/N felt amazing. His whole body felt a surge of energy as his muscles tensed with excitement. "Thanks, Ri-chan! I know we'll win this now! I'm gonna go catch up with Koneko. Mylo, let's go!" He says to his familiar, the small lynx then climbs up to Y/N's shoulder before he leaves the club room and flies off towards the gymnasium.

Rias looked towards Asia who was twiddling her thumbs. "Let's go set some traps for that royal asshole," Rias said as Asia nodded and they head towards the roof of the building.

~Location Change~

Y/N lands at the entrance to the gymnasium, Koneko already waiting. "Let's go, Senpai." He nodded and they walked in.

(I don't feel like rewatching the episode so I'm gonna make up the rook's and the 1 pawn's weapons, the only ones I remember are the two chainsaw twins.) (Tobi:- Then check the manga, I do that usually.)

As they walked through the doorway leading to the main room, a chainsaw swung down from above them! It almost hit Y/N who moved away just in time by rolling forward into the gymnasium.

He looked at the assailant and saw a girl that was smaller than Koneko holding a chainsaw. Next to her was an identical girl who was wearing a girls gym PE uniform and holding a chainsaw like her sister.

Y/N looked over to Koneko who looked surprised as well. "Who the hell gave you two access to chainsaws!? Why the hell do you have chainsaws!?" Y/N screamed out in shock and terror with Koneko nodding along in agreement. The twins looked at each other, then at the other pawn and rook they brought with them. They all nodded to each other and charged at Y/N and Koneko.

Koneko punched the rook in the jaw before blocking the pawn's bow staff with a magic defensive barrier, leaving Y/N to handle the twins. He looked over at the two green-haired girls, both wearing manic grins and revving their "death weapons." (Tobi:- haha, chainsaw go brrr)

Raising his hands into the air he spoke in a shaky voice, "O-Okay young ladies, n-no need to be violent. Why d-don't we-AHHH!" Y/N swiftly dodged a swing from a chainsaw that was clearly directed at his manhood.

"Riser-sama said if one of us can emasculate you, we'll get to sleep with him tonight!" They both said in the creepy way certain blue dressed twins speak.

"Eep!" Y/N quickly put both of his hands over his man-bits and dodged them before stopping and taking a breath and getting serious.

Crossing his arms over each other, a light started shining from his hands, "Sorry ladies, but me and my partner need to finish this up quickly, so this won't be much of a fight." The light condensed in Y/N's hands and multiple light-shurikens formed on them, pulling back slightly, he threw the shurikens with laser accuracy.

The girls dodged his attack and snickered. "You really thought that would be enough to beat us? Haha, you're funny!" One of them said, they were about to charge him again until they saw his right hand extended outward, his middle and index finger pointed to the sky, he curled the fingers backward in a "come and get me" motion.

Before they had a chance to think, they were pinned to the floor by multiple light-shurikens using their clothes as leverage to keep them pinned to the ground in such a way that the shurikens didn't pierce their skin. They both cried out in pain as they felt the poisonous light make close contact with their skin.

Y/N grimaced, but he needed to keep them in one place somehow. He looked over to Koneko who was holding the rook by her collar, she seemed to be knocked out. The poor pawn was pinned to the wall by her staff which had been broken in two.

"Are you ready to go? Or do you wanna play with your food more?" Y/N said ironically with a smirk, the white-haired girl just smiled back at him and nodded.

As they left the building, Y/N put his finger up to his ear and turned the microphone on his earpiece on, "Akeno, we're ready when you are!" He said. After a couple of seconds, he heard the ravenette's voice come through. "Oh! You play dirty~, what a bad girl~! Sorry about that Y/N-Kun, I'll be there in a second!" The com cut out, leaving a blushing Y/N.

Shaking his thought he grabbed Koneko by the wrist and got her farther away from the gymnasium. "Okay she should be here any minute now-" *BOOM!* A huge explosion rang out and Akeno flew down to them, "Okay! Now that that's done I can focus on the Queen." She changed into her Miko attire and flew off and returned to her fight.

[Grayfia: 1 of Riser-Sams's rooks and 3 of Riser-Sama's pawns have been eliminated!]

Y/N and Koneko high-fived in celebration, "Senpai, I think we should head towards Kiba-Senpai." She said. Y/N nodded and they ran off, checking for Kiba's magic signature.

~Line-Break~

After some searching, they managed to track Kiba down. He was behind some bushes and right in front of the bushes was the rest of Riser's peerage. The two made their way over to the blond quietly.

Kiba felt a tap on his shoulders and jerked around, sighing in relief when he saw his two friends.

"Hey man, what happened? Why is Riser's entire peerage here!?" Y/N whisper-yelled.

Kiba looked back for a moment before sighing and answering. "I was looking for some people to pick off when I spotted a blond girl. I went to attack and was assaulted by all of them at once. It had been a trap and I fell for the bait." Kiba said glumly.

Y/N's eyes brightened as a smirk formed on his face. "Soooo... what you're saying is... it's a trap!" Y/N whisper-yelled in excitement before

Koneko flicked him on the forehead. "Senpai, now is not the time for jokes." She said in a stern tone, making Y/N rub his stinging forehead in shame.

Kiba chuckled slightly at the interaction "No, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks Y/N. Any plans?" He said to the red-haired boy. (I'll inter-change H/C to red from time to time to remind you Y/N has large red streaks in his hair, kinda 50% H/C and 50% red but spaced out)

Y/N smiled in response before thinking for a moment, his eyes lit up and everyone gathered around to listen to his idea. "I... got nothing." Y/N ended with a blank and awkward look on his face.

The other two face-faulted before Y/N continued speaking, "The odds of us winning aren't that high. They have both of their support. 2 Knights, a Rook and 5 pawns. We'll need to start off with a big attack if we want to make a dent in their numbers." Y/N, Kiba, and Koneko were all brainstorming for some time before both Y/N and Kiba's heads jerked up at the same time. They looked at each other, smiling deviously. They then turned to Koneko and explained the plan.

~Scene-Shift~

~Riser's Peerage POV~

They had been searching for that blonde Knight for almost ten minutes and were no closer to finding him than they were before, "Where the hell did he go!" A small blonde girl yelled out in her frustration, failing to notice the figure jumping from the bushes.

Y/N flew up into the air with Kiba's ice-sword in hand. Kiba and Koneko emerged from the bushes on foot, Kiba holding his fire-sword, "I'm right here!" He said, getting the peerage's attention. Too distracted by the blonde's taunt they failed to notice the crystalized ice energy coming down towards them.

The petite blond looked into the air and her eyes widened, "Look out!".

Hearing her warning in time, only the Rook, a Knight, and a bishop managed to move away from the ambush. The other Knight and five Pawns were all frozen in place with ice coming up to their waist. Before they had time to react, searing hot flames hit the ice, causing a massive explosion!

The remaining pieces looked on in horror at what just happened to their comrades.

[Grayfia: 1 of Riser-Sama's Knights and 5 of Riser-Sama's Pawns have been eliminated!]

The brown-haired Knight looked at the blonde in rage, "How dare you! You'll pay for that!" She unsheathed her sword as flames started surrounding the blade and charged at Kiba .

Y/N touched down in front of the rook and the blonde bishop, "Wow... Did he really have you cosplay as Chun-Li? Or was that your choice?" He dropped the sword as the Rook grit her teeth and charged at Y/N with flames coating her fist. Just as he was about to move out of her range, two fireballs came from either side of him and kept him in place. He tried to determine where she would strike, but the Rook had great technique and threw him off with a fake to the face, giving her a free punch to the gut.

The punch caused Y/N to spit up some blood as he recoiled into the bushes. Before getting up he discreetly summoned 3 light-shurikens in each hand and threw them right when he stood up in the Rook and bishop's general direction. The Rook dodged with some difficulty but the bishop was another story.

Y/N manipulated the shuriken's trajectory so they would hit the big puffs in the small girl's outfit. Each one hit the mark, causing the small blonde to be pinned to the ground on her back, "AH! What is this-OW! Is this light magic-OW!" The girl stopped squirming and just accepted her defeat.

Y/N smiled to himself and faced his other opponent, "Don't think I'll be that easy to take down. Ravel-Sama's just here since she's Riser-Sama's sister.".

Y/N's eyes widened in surprise. "So that's her name? Wait..." "SISTER!? In his harem peerage!? Jeez, I hope it's consensual! If so, I really don't care." Y/N said, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. The Rook blushed at what he implied and charged him again. He was able to swerve her punches and jump over a leg sweep. He wasn't as prepared for the roundhouse that came after and had to block it with his arms, causing him to go flying.

Getting up from the ground, he wiped the dirt from his hoodie-jacket and readjusted himself. "Wow you sure hit hard, guess I'll have to keep you at a distance." Y/N said, getting a smirk from the Rook.

"Oh? And how do you plan to do that? I don't see a staff or a sword in your hands." She stated matter-of-factly.

Y/N smirked and summoned a light-spear, putting both arms out in front of him. He grabbed the spear with both hands and focused. Running his hands over the spear, it became slightly longer in length to about 4 feet and the blade became bigger, one-sided, incredibly sharp, and increased to about 14 inches. The end of the weapon had a small spear-tip, for piercing.

Putting his right leg out, he got in a low stance, his right knee bending and his left leg spread outward, the new weapon in his left hand, matching the angle of his stance, the blade facing down and the spear-tip facing upward, his right arm extended, palm facing forward.

"This is a Guan Dao, it should keep you at length, and give me the reach advantage." The Rook scoffed, Y/N went on the offensive. With his speed advantage, the Rook was forced on the defensive. Multiple quick slashes gave the Rook cuts across her body. Since it was light-magic that she was being cut with, the cuts started bleeding more than they should've.

Seeing an opening, she used her left hand and pushed Y/N a couple feet back with a blast of fire. She jumped into the air in an attempt to land a heavy strike. Y/N put his Guan Dao up and blocked her strike, the Rook's eyes widened and she shrieked in pain as she looked at her burning hand. Y/N saw his opportunity and turned his weapon so the spear-tip was facing her and stabbed her in the shoulder, she screamed out in pain again.

She looked back up and saw that Y/N had vanished from her view. Suddenly her view darkened and the world faded from around her. Y/N brought his hand back and the Rook faded from the arena

[Grayfia: Riser-Sama's Bishop and Riser Sama's last Rook have been eliminated!]

Y/N looked over to the other fight that had been taking place and saw Koneko, who had a couple more scapes on her, "Did you beat the other bishop?" The white-haired girl nodded in confirmation. Just as she did, Kiba finished his fight with one last slash.

[Grayfia: Riser-Sama's last Knight has been eliminated!]

Y/N looked at the final Bishop who was still squirming under his shurikens. Walking over, he kneeled down to her level, "Now, I don't know you and you don't know me. So how about you resign yourself so we don't have to fight." He said with a kind smile while looking at the blonde girl.

The girl in question thrashed around a bit more, wincing in pain whenever her skin made contact with Y/N's light-shurikens before huffing and calming down, "Fine... my brother will beat you though! He's ten times stronger than all of us! I resign!" And with that, the petite blonde was turned into light-blue crystals.

Kiba clapped Y/N's shoulder as he stood back up. "Looks like the plan you and Buchou came up with is working!" Kiba encouraged on. The other boy smiled back at him.

"It was mostly Akeno and Rias, I just gave my 2 cents every now and then." Y/N said while scratching the back of his head.

Koneko walked up from behind and tugged at Y/N's sleeve, "What now Senpai?" She asked him, Y/N looked down at her and smiled.

"I need to head over to the new student council room so I can promote, until then search for Akeno-ch-" *CRASH!* something crashing into the ground, halting any further conversation.

Rushing to it, they were all shocked to see Akeno in the crater, looking much worse for wear, "A-Akeno... what happened?" The ravenette looked at Y/N, who had asked the question, and gave a dry chuckle.

"I had her on the ropes and she used one of the Phoenix tears. It got harder to keep up after that." She explained bitterly.

"Hey, don't get yourself too worked up. Those 'tears' are basically cheating, so I say we all team up against her and beat her!" Kiba said as Y/N pulled Akeno up from the rubble.

"Can you still fight?" Y/N asked. Akeno nodded and they all grouped up to talk strategy.

"Oh look~! Is the Priestess of Thunder ready for round 2~!" A sickly sweet voice called from behind them, turning around they all saw Riser's Queen; Yuebelluna, and she looked ready to fight.

She launched an explosion spell at the four, it was coming too quick for anyone to move away. Suddenly, before it hit them, a strong defensive barrier stopped the spell in its tracks. Looking back to see who it was, they were surprised when Koneko was seen holding her hands out.

It made sense though, defense was part of her Rook trait, so using defensive spells made sense. Before anyone could say anything, a voice from their coms cut them off. "Guys-Need-Riser!-Ambush." *BOOM!* The voice was cut off by a loud explosion that everyone heard.

"That was Rias!" Y/N said in a panic.

"What do we do!" Kiba asked, also panicking, everyone else started panicking. Eventually, someone had enough.

"Everyone shut your traps for a second!" Akeno yelled out, getting their attention. "Y/N, head over to the clubhouse and help Rias, the rest of us will take on the Queen,"

Y/N immediately went to protest "But-" and was cut off by Akeno's finger on his lips. "You're in the best shape out of everyone here, you stand the best chance. Now go!" She said, turning him around and patting his butt for encouragement.

Y/N blushed as he covered his backside with his hands. "A-Akeno! What was that for!" Y/N shrieked.

"Ufufu~ For good luck~! Now, off you go!" Akeno said with her usual playful and teasing smile.

Y/N reluctantly nodded and flew off towards the clubroom, going as fast as he could.

"Now," Akeno said, turning towards their current problem, "What to do about you?"

~Scene-Change~

Rias recoiled from a punch that had made its home at her solar plexus, making her skid across to the roof of the club room. Not wanting to give an inch, she immediately rose to her feet and fired a barrage of magic blasts in his direction.

Riser met Rias' attacks with his own. While their magic was clashing he gathered a massive amount of magic energy into his hands, creating a fireball almost half the size of the club room and throwing it at the red head.

Rias' eyes widened in horror. She had used up a decent amount of magic power trying to fight back against Riser already. She did not have the power to repel this attack, her only hope to protect herself and Asia would be a defensive barrier, but she didn't have enough magic to make one strong enough. Still, she had to do something, gathering her thoughts. She grabbed Asia by the wrist and was about to jump from the building and just leave the area and try and find the others, it seems they didn't get her distress call anyway.

Just as they were about to leave, a streak of reddish-magenta came into view, colliding head-on with the fireball and slightly disrupting the attack. The reddish-magenta streak started spinning at high speeds and quickly turned a blueish-white color. Sparks started coming from the fireball until eventually it completely dissipated. Stray flames fell to the ground with lightning sparking around them.

Rias and Asia squint their eyes in an attempt to see who had just stopped the attack. A small gasp can form Rias' mouth, Y/N was here, his "Triple Booster" and "Raiton's Precursor" activated he had managed to stop Riser's attack, they still had a chance!

Y/N's rotation stopped and he flew down to the ORC's roof with his feet making a *thud* sound as his knees bent to even out the kinetic energy he built up so his legs didn't break when he landed.

He looked up at Riser, who was in the air, with a glare, his flame wings keeping him from falling as he wore an arrogant smile. Even though he was in a staredown with the enemy he turned his head slightly and addressed the two girls to his right. "Are you guys alright?" He asked, never taking his eyes off of Riser.

Asia answered for them "We're fine Y/N-San, especially thanks to your save." Y/N nodded and asked another question.

"Rias, can you give cover fire and support from over there? At least until you get some energy back?" The red-haired girl gained a determined look.

"Yes, just give me some time and I'll try to help even more than that!" The H/C-haired boy nodded as he kept staring down Riser.

A single drop of sweat fell from Y/N's forehead.

While it descended Y/N and Riser both clenched their fist as their muscles tensed in anticipation.

The sweat drop hit the ground.

Y/N kicked off the ground and charged at Riser who had done the same in the air.

The fight had officially begun.

~Scene-Change~

We cut back to when Y/N had just taken off and saw Kiba, Akeno and Koneko staring down the last piece of Riser's peerage. "What do you think we should do?" Kiba asked Akeno. Aside from Rias, she was basically the second leader and the person everyone turned to when they needed a plan.

Akeno looked on at the Queen who seemed to be mocking her with only her smile, "We need to take her out quickly. Her bombs become more of a problem the longer a battle goes, that's why I lost the first time." Akeno grit her teeth, remembering the feeling of being overpowered even though she had the advantage moments prior, it was not something she wanted to feel again.

Yubelluna yawned with her hand over her mouth. "Uwa~ I'm getting bored here already... Are you gonna attack me or what?" The Queen said in complete boredom. Akeno grit her teeth again. She was mocking them, making them make the first move. But, this could be their chance, turning to her two comrades she began to relay the plan that she just formed in her head.

Akeno stepped out in front of Kiba and Koneko who were slightly behind her. Kiba summoned a sword that Yubelluna couldn't see and he and Koneko were both doing something with it. Akeno focused for a moment and clashed her fist together in front of her, causing yellowish-white condensed lightning to form from her hands in an armor-like pattern, she smirked and summoned her wings, charging the more experienced Queen.

The Queen only managed to dodge the girl's left hook by the skin of her teeth, she was not so lucky with the straight right that came directly after. Her strikes hit harder and the lightning was leaving a shock that was causing her muscles to spasm.

Akeno didn't let up, continuing to try and beat down the other Queen with her new technique she dubbed: "Indra's gloves" , inspired by Y/N's "Raiton's Precursor". The move took her hand-to-hand abilities to a whole new level with a dramatic increase in speed and a decent strength boost as well. Though it only increased her arms capabilities, it still was an asset she was going to take full advantage of.

Akeno landed a few more successful hits before she was stopped by Yubelluna whose face was contorted in rage, "Did you really think that would be enough to beat me!?" She yelled out in frustration, she had already beat this girl, yet there should be no reason for losing now. She launched another explosion spell at the girl who just dodged and rushed her again.

This new spell didn't take too much magic, but she had been fighting this queen for almost 30 minutes without a break so she had started the second round with a little under half of her usual Magic container.

Akeno smirked as she threw a punch and stopped just short of the woman's face. "No I didn't think it would be enough, but this should be." She said, breathing heavily.

Suddenly, Kiba was In front of the Queen with a black greatsword only about a foot smaller than he was, it had a gold-ish yellow glow emanating from it.

"Take this!"

~Flashback~

"Have you ever thought of a sword that can absorb kinetic energy? Kinda like your light-absorbing sword?" Y/N asked Kiba as they were sitting down at the gazebo.

Kiba thought back for a moment, he had never thought of a sword like that, "No, I don't think I ever have. What use would absorbing kinetic energy give me?" He asked.

Y/N smirked at the blonde, pulling out a rough description and sketch of his idea, pointing down to the paper he began explaining the concept, "The sword wouldn't only absorb kinetic energy, but also recycle it and use it as a source of power. What attacks this sword takes, it could give that energy back in one big swing! Or, multiple smaller swings. The greatsword design gives you more area to absorb power and turns this thing into a shield, allowing you to also play defense. You'll know you're fully charged when the sword glows; it can be any color you want." Y/N said, excited to discuss designs and possibilities.

Kiba was amazed, he knew Y/N was smart, but the boy before him was also making him feel dumb for never doing something like this, "Okay, this sounds amazing! I'll get started right away! By the way, where do you come up with these ideas?" He asked the H/C-haired boy across from him.

Y/N smiled sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head, "I've been trying to come up with team attacks and since you're one of the most versatile, I came up with some of yours first. That one was a concept for Koneko that can be used almost anywhere else. OH, I have one for Akeno as well, let's look..." and so the boys continued to discuss new ways for Kiba to utilize his Sacred Gear.

~Flashback End~

Kiba smirked at the memory. This team attack was simple, summon his kinetic energy-absorbing sword, and have Koneko punch it as hard as she could until it reached its limit, then the petite girl would get into position while Kiba blitzed the opponent and hit them towards Koneko, who would then punch them into the earth.

He pulled back the sword with both of his hands and swung it, hitting the Queen directly at her side; multiple cracking sounds were heard as she rocketed towards the waiting Rook.

Yubelluna's face was met with Koneko's fist and she rocketed down to earth. When she opened her eyes her vision was blurry and her right side was killing her, probably due to the multiple cracked ribs. She quickly got back up and started launching explosion spells at their blurry outlines, keeping them at length.

Kiba would swoop in at every spell that would've hit the other two, using his new sword to block the spell and absorb its energy. Akeno looked on at the situation, "Kiba, Koneko. I don't have much magic power left and Kiba can't just keep playing defense. We need to end this fight now, and we only have one option. Kiba, use it."

Kiba's eyes widened but he nodded and summoned another new sword.

This time, the sword he summoned was a broadsword that was spilt down middle until it reached the guard, It's hilt was covered by polyester binding for the grip.

Akeno smiled at the new sword and charged as much lightning as she could, before firing it at the sword Kiba was holding. It fully absorbed the lightning and Kiba's sword started sparking with yellow-ish white sparks. Kiba smirked, it had worked. The sword even doubled the power just like how he and Y/N had designed.

Akeno looked over to Koneko and nodded. They both rushed down to Yubelluna, who was still disoriented from the blows she took earlier. They managed to keep her still while knocking her to the ground with Akeno putting her in a head-lock and Koneko putting her in a leg-lock, "KIBA, DO IT NOW!" The Queen still had the strength to struggle and would get out soon if she wasn't defeated.

Kiba nodded and blitzed the Queen, letting out a war cry as he pulled the sword back and prepared to end the fight, "This will take us out as well... but that doesn't matter. Buchou, Asia and Y/N will still be in the game and can defeat Riser. It's all up to them now." With that final thought, Kiba swung his sword. Letting the overwhelming power hit Yubelluna, catching himself, Akeno and Koneko in the crossfire.

A giant explosion rang out followed by Grayfia's voice over the entire area.

[Grayfia: Riser-Sama's Queen has been eliminated. Riser is the only member left on his team! Rias-Sama's Rook, Knight, and Queen have all been eliminated!]

~Scene Change~

Y/N and Riser's fists clashed, sending shockwaves around them. But, even with "Raiton's Precursor" and his "T.B." The high-class devil's strength was too much for him and he was pushed back by the force of Riser's punch.

Riser capitalized on the H/C-haired boy's weakness and grabbed him by the wrist, pulling forward until he was directly in front of Riser. Grabbing the boy by the back of his head, he flew down as fast as he could and slammed Y/N's face into the roof of the ORC. A sick crunch was heard, causing Asia and Rias to wince in sympathy.

When Riser brought Y/N's head back up from the ground his nose was profusely bleeding, most likely from being broken on impact. Y/N didn't lose focus though and while Riser was distracted showing the girls his bloodied face, he twisted his body and managed to land a leg sweep on the taller man.

Concentrating high amounts of wind magic into his palm he pushed it into Riser's chest, pushing him back enough that he ended up falling off the building. Y/N scrambled to his feet and ran over to the girls, "Since Riser has come into our territory, am I allowed to promote?" He asked frantically, needing a quick answer knowing Riser would be back at any moment.

Rias looked around on her own, frantically searching for an answer, eventually, she found it, "Yes! Yes, you can. I-If a King manages to invade enemy territory it becomes their territory!" She said, stumbling over her own words.

Y/N nodded and turned, running off towards the other side of the roof. He saw Riser flying back up and knew he had to act fast, "Promotion: Knight!" The boost in power he felt was incredible, but he had no time to relish in it. With his new speed, he circled behind Riser as he flew back up to the roof and kicked him in the back of the head, sending the blond sprawling to the roof.

Once Riser got his bearings straight, he looked around for the little bastard that had just kicked him. He looked to where he had been before being kicked and saw nothing, looking to his left or his right didn't help either.

Suddenly, a rush of wind grazed his back and a searing pain rained out on the back of his right thigh. Before he could even turn around, he felt more of the same pain come from his right shoulder, then his cheek, and finally his left lower back.

He felt a warm liquid fall down his cheek, putting his hands up to see what it was, his eyes widened when he saw blood, his "Phoenix healing" should've prevented any blood from leaving his body, but here he was, staring at his own blood.

He looked at all the cuts, they were all bleeding like his cheek, closing at an incredibly slow rate, something was interfering with his healing factor.

Y/N blurred back into sight, holding a light-spear above his head in an attempt to strike Riser. He swung down as Riser put his arms in an "X" to block, causing his arms to gain a cut each. Y/N let the spear dissipate as he went to use his "Triple Kick." The first two kicks landed successfully, but on the third kick, his leg was caught from the heel by Riser's hand.

The blonde had a smirk filled with arrogance, that was until a blast of red flames hit his face, disintegrating half of it, while the Phenex was distracted. Mylo crawled from out of Y/N's hood and went up his leg, finding Riser's hand. The lynx bit down hard making Riser let go and scream in pain, "Great job little buddy! Now, head over to Asia and Rias." Y/N said, giving Mylo a little paw-five before the feline ran over to the two girls.

Riser was irate at this point, he was being made a fool of by the boy in front of him. Gritting his teeth he charged Y/N, his fists coated in flames, beating him ruthlessly, dislocating his right shoulder from its socket, breaking two ribs, and making his nose bleed even more.

Y/N was launched back and ragdolled across the club room's roof until he skidded to a stop about 10 meters to the right of Rias and Asia.

Both girls had their hands over their mouths to stop from screaming and/or puking at what they'd just seen, they were even more shocked when Y/N struggled to his feet and forced his shoulder back into place with a couple of sickening *pop* sounds and a scream of pain accompanying it. He was holding his left side with his right arm, where the ribs had been broken, and was constantly using his dress shirt to wipe away the blood leaking from his nose.

Breathing from his nose hurt, every inhale felt like trying to breathe underwater and every exhale felt like he was shoving a rusty nail through his nose from the top. This resulted in him panting since he had the wind knocked out of him.

Asia began doing something just out of Rias' or Y/N's view as Rias turned to Riser, tears streaming down her face, "P-Please... stop this, I'll give up..." Riser face gleamed in joy as she said this. That was it. This was her only chance to stop this, "Fine, I CONCE-" a light-shuriken whizzed past her face, almost hitting her nose.

Turning over to the only culprit she was taken back, Y/N was sending a fierce glare her way. His right arm extended, showing he'd clearly thrown the projectile, "If you concede this fight... I'll never forgive you! I made a promise to you! And I intend to keep it! So don't give up, the Rias I know would never do that!" He yelled at her, pleading with her to let him do this. Before she could answer, a mocking laugh caught their attention.

"I mAdE a pROmIsE! Haha!" Riser mocked Y/N, "Well, let's see if your promise can stop this!" He flew high into the sky and used even more magic power than before to make an even bigger fireball, clearly trying to take them all out. He launched the attack and waited for the result.

Y/N got in front of Rias and Asia, about 7 meters away from them. "Raiton's Precursor" and his "Triple Booster" were still active, meaning, "Negation Zone '' was also still active. During his time training he found out "Negation Zone"'s effective area wasn't affected by his "T.B." The only thing that increased its range was a promotion to either Queen, or Bishop, with bishop giving him slightly better control and more effective range of the magic around him.

Y/n held his left hand out in front of him, tilted up slightly and lined up with the fireball, "Promotion: Bishop!" , the plethora of magic power and newfound control amazed him, "Okay, just need to focus and not mess this up" he closed his eyes as he calmly breathed in and out through his mouth, his eyes suddenly opened, focused on the attack in front of him, " "Negation Zone: Area Expansion!" The fireball, which was about 20 meters away from Y/N, started dissipating as it got closer to the trio, turning into pure magic energy.

When the fireball that was supposed to either kill or incapacitate the trio disappeared, Riser's mouth was agape, "How does this cretin keep outsmarting me!?" He thought in disbelief. He flew down a couple meters away from the trio, intent on ending this. Before he could speak, Y/N's hoarse laughter cut him off.

Y/N was really just trying to laugh at poor Riser's expense but since his nose was broken it made his laugh sound creepy, so he rolled with it, "HA HA, heh heh, you're in my range asshole!" Y/N's arm, which was still extended form before, focused on Riser as a massive magic circle appeared on front of him and started spinning counter-clock wise. "Gale-Force Wrath" , with those simple words Riser was sent flying back to a random school building far away from the ORC.

Y/N dropped to his knees, doubling over from the pain, even coughing up blood, "*cough* Well... that doesn't look good." He stated dryly while looking at his blood on the floor, breathing heavily, "Riser should be *cough* back soon so let me just rest up for a-" was cut off when Asia placed his head in her lap and showed him a little green ball of magic.

Y/N couldn't even get a word out before she started explaining, "T-This was a new technique I came up with during training, it takes the abilities of "Twilight Healing" and makes them instantaneous while also being a ranged spell, I kept using it on Rias to keep her in the fight while keeping my d-distance, I'm using the last of my magic to instantly heal you so you can go fight again." She said, before getting slightly teary eyed, "P-Please don't lose Y/N-San, seeing you like this really hurt me."

Before Y/N could protest the green ball entered his body instantly repairing his nose, the blood coming back into his body, his ribs repairing themselves, and other cuts or bruises disappeared as well. When that was done Asia passed out and dematerialized from the arena.

Leaving only Y/N and Rias to face Riser.

[Grayfia: Rias-Sama's Bishop has been withdrawn!]

Y/N grunted as he sat up, looking over at Rias, "Since Asia didn't leave much of a choice, I have a plan, a stupid plan, but it's a plan either way. Want to hear me out?" Rias nods without hesitation and they begin to discuss Y/N's plan.

~A couple minutes later~

Riser growled as he finally made it back to the club room's roof. When he crashed into that other building it took him a minute to regain his bearings before he decided to head back and end this charade. Rias would be his bride and that was final.

When he got to the roof, he saw the red-head off to the far right corner just petting the dirty cat that bit him. Then looking directly in front of him, he saw the defiant boy that was prolonging his marriage with his eyes closed. He seemed to be fully healed. The only signs of his injury was his bloodied dress shirt and his dress pants that had tears in them.

Riser tried blitzing the boy, but faltered when he heard him say, "Mylo, NOW!" Y/N then opened his eyes revealing the right eye to be a molten gold color while his left eye remained E/C. Looking over to the lynx, he also shared the same molten gold eye color, but it was with both eyes.

~Flashback~

Y/N was playing fetch with Mylo as a way to relax after a hard day of training. All they had was a raggedy tennis ball but it got the job done.

Mylo had just given the ball back for his master to throw again, "Okay buddy, this is gonna be the last one before we head back so I'm gonna throw it really far." With that said Y/N chucked the ball as hard as he could, smiling as Mylo ran off.

Suddenly, Y/N got a blurry, doubled vision of the tennis ball landing somewhere he couldn't determine. When the vision ended Y/N got a splitting headache that brought him to his knees. Constant flashes of Mylo picking up the ball and running back to him we're playing in his head, making the headache even worse.

He closed his eyes in an attempt to try and keep the blurry visions away but it didn't help. Collapsing to the ground he curled into a ball and held his throbbing head.

Mylo had come back with the ball in his mouth, but Y/N had already known that thanks to another blurry vision.

Mylo meowed for his master's attention, when he didn't get it he got closer and nudged his head against Y/N's. Seeing Y/N in distress he did the only thing he could, he lay down right next to Y/N's head in an attempt to comfort the boy.

When Y/N managed to drag himself up and to his room, he went to his bathroom to wash his face off with some water. When he dried himself he looked at himself in the mirror. He was surprised at what he saw looking back at him. His left eye was the same E/C color it always was, but his right eye looked like a pool of molten gold around his pupil.

He went back to Mylo who was obediently sitting at the edge of his bed, when he looked into the feline's eyes he saw the same molten gold color on both, replacing the ruby red they usually were.

The small lynx looked back into his master's eyes and saw his one gold eye, causing the lynx to bunny hop up and down in excitement, Y/N being confused decided to question his furry friend, "What's up little buddy? Is it good or bad?"

The lynx put his tiny paw on Y/N's forehead and showed him the memory he needed to know.

~Flashback Over~

It turns out Mylo and Y/N had gotten close enough to unlock a part of the precognition link through close bonding. Mylo had been using it to see where the ball would land "Cheater!" and Mylo's powers deemed them close enough to share some of the lynx's power with his master.

The way to pinpoint as to when the precognition was active, was when his right eye changed from E/C to molten gold, but it came at a price. Whenever he used the eye, Y/N got blurred and double vision and a headache.

His body wasn't used to all the information entering his head so the headaches were his brain's way of dealing with it. His vision was still somewhat blurred and he still saw double when he used the ability, so it was more of a last resort if anything and that's why he was using it now.

When Riser tried to blitz him, he threw him off with the shout to Mylo, making it easier to dodge the punch. He had been promoted to Queen while Riser was flying back here. So when the vision of where Riser would punch came, he was easily able to dodge it, making the blond gasp in shock before a vertical cut (about 1 inch) made its way across his chest, just under his pecs.

He looked down and was scared at what he saw, it was his own blood, leaking from his chest, "M-My blood, l-leaking f-from my chest! I-It's not healing! Why!" Riser looked back up to question the little bastard, but saw he wasn't there.

Y/N had fully thrown Riser off, going behind him after landing that big cut. Using this opportunity, he used his "Triple kick". Landing all three kicks and causing Riser to stumble onto the roof and land on his knees instead of flying above it. He saw the blonde put his shaky hand up to his nose, only to come back with blood, he tried getting back to his feet but faltered.

Rias took this opportunity and launched a blast of destruction magic, hitting the outside of his left thigh. Y/N looked at the destroyed flesh and partly destroyed bone, it was still healing, but at a remarkably slowed rate. Y/N had a wide smile, 'It worked!'. His dumb plan had actually worked. Now, just to make the most of it.

Flying down and landing, he didn't give Riser a chance to breathe. Hitting him with a barrage of kicks and punches while Rias gave him support, hitting Riser with destruction magic. Whenever Riser tried to strike him he would see it coming and they would be sloppy because his brain had been rattled.

After a couple minutes Riser was starting to mentally recover from seeing his own blood in that quantity and began gritting his teeth, "Raah! ENOUGH!" Y/N, foreseeing the danger, backflipped away to gain some distance while Riser unleashed his fiery aura.

"Riser is done with you playing Riser for an idiot! Riser will kill you and make Rias his wife!" His anger simmered as he continued speaking, "Heh, Riser was gonna save this for Sairaorg, but destroying you with it will bring Riser great joy."

His aura started to focus solely on his body until it fully covered him in orange flames. Y/n and Rias tried stopping whatever was happening, but when they launched magic at him it just bounced off, and getting close wasn't an option either, whenever they tried, Riser's searing hot aura would start burning them.

When the flames finally dissipated, Riser was seen clad in a fire-orange robe that had a large purple collar and phoenix wings coming from the collar, his suit jacket gone, hot-rod red armor grieves on his legs with orange outlines, three golden flame themed bracelets on each wrist, and physical giant phoenix wings.

"Riser calls this "Phoenix Brilliant Flame Mode"; it takes all of the great Phenex clan traits and puts them on a much higher level! In this form, I could even give the great Lucifer a run for his money!" (Kids, this is called hyperbole, meaning, don't take it seriously! Riser is buying into his own hype and making crazy statements!)

Y/N tilted his head to the left in confusion, "Do you believe your hype that much?" He asked, more of a statement than a question. Riser grit his teeth in anger.

"RISER IS THE HYPE!" Y/N then felt a fist embedded in his stomach, he couldn't even see Riser take off, He was just 10 meters away from him, then he felt the pain of his ribs trying not to break. He recoiled back, landing about 9 meters from Riser.

The blonde didn't even let him get up and he started pounding down on Y/N's chest, probably trying to cause as much pain as he could before either killing him or eliminating him, "Whichever comes first." Y/N supposed, trying to keep his mind on anything but the pain. Rias tried to stop Riser but couldn't get within ten meters without burning herself, all she could do was fire magic blasts and try to distract him.

That's when he noticed it, the phoenix tear vial in Riser's shirt pocket. It was exposed in an easy to reach spot, he just needed to distract the blonde bastard, "Y'know, getting a closer look at you, you kind of look like Sekke from Black Clover, you both even have a stupid way of speaking." With that insult, Riser raised both arms into the air, ready to slam down and kill Y/N, it was exactly what he wanted.

In the split second Riser raised his arms, Y/N reached up, grunted in pain from the obviously broken ribs he had, and grabbed Riser by the collar of his white dress shirt with his glowing left arm, the "Triple Booster" and "Raiton's Precursor" hadn't been deactivated since the fight started. Y/N smirked at Riser, "See ya!" He said before a beam of blue-ish white lightning hit him dead on, the force pushing him off the building and into an open field.

Y/N stood up, his legs shaking violently. Breathing hurt, it felt like he was getting stabbed with a dull knife, then the knife was getting twisted and turned inside of his body.

When Y/N made it to Rias he fell to his knees, his breathing was raspy. Rias rushed over and placed him on his back and put his head in her lap. Putting her hands out, she used whatever little healing magic she knew to try and alleviate his pain. "Y/N I'm going to concede. If I don't, he'll end up killing you! A-And I don't want that to happen-" She was cut off when she felt something cool against her lips, looking down she saw a small, unopened vial of phoenix tears in Y/N's hand.

"I-I told y-you I had a plan..." He said in a raspy voice, the healing magic making him feel slightly better, "But, I need you to do something for it to work." Rias was now fully focused on Y/N and what he was saying, "I need you to temporarily release all the pawns power inside of me. I think it will give me the advantage. When I give you the signal, I want you to drink the phoenix tears. From what I remember, they replenish stamina and magic power as well, which you're low on. And I want you to use your strongest spell to end the fight." He placed the small vial in her hands, while looking her in the eyes and telling her his plan.

Rias shook her head like a child who didn't want to go to bed, "Y-Y/N, I can't d-do that! The overflow of power would destroy your body and has a high possibility of killing you! If you die again, that's it! There's no bringing you back! When y-you were revived, the 8 pawns mutated twice. Making them all worth 3, meaning, you have 24 pawns worth of power in your body. I have no idea why, but I assume it has to do with your talent for magic. And if I release all that power there's no telling what'll happen and I-"

She was cut off from her rambling when Y/N grabbed her by the collar and brought her face down to his.

"Please, I made a promise to you, and I care about you so much, so just do it..." He trailed off before doing something completely out of character, he caught her lips in a searing kiss, full of all his passion and care, trying to let her know he was serious.

Rias gasped into the kiss, caught off guard by Y/N's uncharacteristically forward behavior. She felt it, all the emotions he was trying to convey. She finally gave in and the hand that was hovering over Y/N's chest went to the side of head as she released all of his latent power and enjoyed her first kiss with the one she loved.

When they separated they rested their foreheads against each other's, Y/N gave a kind smile. "On my signal, okay?" Rias nodded and Y/N struggled to his feet, the surge of power he felt this time was completely different from earlier. This power hurt.

It felt like every single muscle was continually cramping all at the same time whenever he moved. He looked down and saw dark red energy whipping around his body. It was the excess from the power release that his body couldn't contain, and the muscles under his skin were convulsing. Looks like his earlier assessment of the pain was right.

The release of power had reset his promotion, something he needed to remember. He walked to the ledge of the roof and just teetered over, letting himself enter a freefall.

It was a moment of calm beauty for Y/N as he looked at the upside down world before him, his heart was beating erratically from adrenaline and the kiss. Time seemed to slow as he admired the destroyed buildings to the untouched forest.

Suddenly a blurry vision of Riser getting up played in Y/N's head, letting him know he still had access to Mylo's precognition and that he had to hurry. His wings unfurled just before he met the ground and he took off at high speeds towards Riser's location.

When he got there he saw the blonde standing up, he flew even faster and tackled him, carrying him through the school building until they came out of the other side. Riser fell and rolled on the ground till he came to a stop. Y/N managed to land on his feet staring down at Riser before promoting himself; "Promotion: Queen!"

The even bigger influx of power was painful, but he had to keep focus. When Riser got up, Y/N was already on him, landing multiple kicks in succession, eventually kicking Riser into the air. Y/N formed 3 light-shurikens in each hand and threw them, four found their target, imbedding themselves in Riser's shins, two only scraped him, letting the injuries instantly heal thanks to his powerup.

After he threw the projectiles, Y/N flew up and kicked Riser across the field before flying to Riser's landing spot and punching him into the ground as hard as he could using his right arm. When he could see again, Y/N saw that his own arm was broken, the recoil from his own punch ended up shattering it, "I need to end this quickly! My body won't be able to keep up for much longer, it's starting to break down!" He thought to himself. Riser got up, seething in anger, and they charged each other, fists clashing, this time completely even.

The fight went on, Y/N having a clear advantage in techniques and battle prowess, landing multiple heavy kicks, even pulling off his "Triple Kick" again. He pulled out a light-Guan Dao and gave Riser multiple big cuts.

The sight of his own blood freaked him out again, making his will diminish even further. Riser tried to end it by making a giant phoenix out of fire and launching the attack at Y/N but Y/N held his hand out and a magic circle as big as the phoenix appeared before him and he fired "Gale-Force Wrath" at it. There was struggle but Y/N managed to barely beat out Riser's attack, the beam hit Riser straight on again, making him sustain even more damage as his will shattered even more.

Y/N saw dark spots in his vision and his head was aching again whenever he had a precognition. He looked at Riser and saw an almost broken man, "R-Riser will defeat you, just wait!" He reached into his shirt pocket and his eyes widened when he found nothing there, "W-W-What did you do!?" He kept rambling on and shouting in disbelief.

Rias looked on from the roof above, waiting for Y/N's signal which she finally got in the form of Y/N's left hand reaching behind his back and giving her a thumbs up with his unbroken arm.

Yanking the cork from the vial, she drank the tears, they tasted salty like real tears. She suddenly felt a rush of energy and magic power flood her body, making her smile. She flew up above Riser, held her right arm out, focusing her magic into a new spell that was made based off of Y/N's "Gale-Force Wrath," appropriately called "Apophis' Wrath" respectfully. Y/N flew up next to her, back to back, and out stretched his glowing left arm. Two magic circles formed, one red, and one blue-ish white. With a final shout, their spells fired and merged, creating a light-red beam that struck the rambling Riser, who had completely forgotten his surroundings.

His healing tried to keep up but after some time his will broke and he completely gave up, but before he could die he was pulled from the fight. When Rias and Y/N no longer sensed his magic power they stopped their spells and descended to the ground.

Y/N and Rias smiled at each other, but before they could celebrate, Y/N fell to his knees shouting in pain as the power started breaking down his body, Rias immediately got to his level and placed both of her hands on the sides of his head, and re-sealed all but three pawns worth of power. Y/N finally stopped crying out in pain and looked up at Rias with a drowsy smile, "I kept the promise." He said softly, smiling affectionately at Rias. The red-haired girl gave back a similar smile.

"You silly boy, you took multiple beatings and even broke your own arm just to save me." She said sadly, looking at his broken arm before placing her forehead on Y/N's, "And you took my first kiss." She said with a small smile.

Y/N had a blush on his cheeks but was too exhausted to be embarrassed, and he decided to just tell Rias how he felt, "T-This was supposed to be romantic, I even had a whole thing planned, but I love you Rias, not what you are, but you as a person. I would do this 100 times over if it meant you wouldn't have to marry that asshole. With all that said w-will you be mine?" He asked, nervously looking away, awaiting rejection.

Rias had tears streaming down her face as she happily responded, "I love you too, Y/N. I am all yours!!!" Y/N looks back at her in surprise and hope.

Rias and Y/N inched closer to each other before finally closing the gap and sharing their second kiss, now as a couple, while the final announcement of the game was made

[Grayfia: Riser-Sama has been eliminated! Meaning Team Gremory Wins!]

End.

(*Tobi coughing noises* Oh lordy~)

Author-Note: Hello~ everyone! Not much to say except I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

Thank you to Sen_Tobi and abstractspider for being the beta's!

Words: 10234

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

785 83 34
I thought I was going to start off the year normal: Enjoy senior year, play varsity soccer, maybe even fall in love. Unfortunately, my life has chang...
741 72 16
The chances that you would get shocked by lightning once in your whole life time, is pretty low, so me getting hit with lightning was just as life ch...
165K 4.4K 18
You go to a One Direction signing and Harry sees you from afar. He asks you to play along and be his fake girlfriend when a fan goes mad. Word spread...
26.9K 1.7K 47
Moments; singular, siphoned, like grains of sand which fall restlessly, and build without limits...growing with increasing momentum, each step, beat...