DO NOT READ!! READ DESCRIPTIO...

By LiveLifeToTheFullest

BEING REWRITTEN! IF YOU ENJOYED THIS BOOK CHECK OUT THE STORY "HER NAME WAS EVELYN" ITS BASED OFF THIS!!! More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14

Chapter 13

75 2 0
By LiveLifeToTheFullest

Okay, this is a longer than usual chapter and i bet everyone of my readers either stopped reading, forgot about the book, or got stuck in the group of people under 13 who were suspended from wattpad... Don't hate me for posting it late... All the blame goes to someone else... *Cough* *Cough* Cristina *Cough*...

To those of you who don't know her... well that is your loss. Tehehe

OKayy please vote for the chapter,

comment and become a fan!!!

This long time comsuming message is dedicated to my friend Caitlin who hates these long time consuming informative messages!! :P haha...

Vote & Comment

better yet...

BECOME A FAN!!!

thanks to everyone who has stuck through the book and doesn't hate me for the wait... I am so sorry for the long wait for this chapter!!

Without

Further

Ado (Is that spelled right???)

To

The

Cloud! jk to the Chapter!!!!!!

__________________________________________

Chapter 13: Evelyn

I pull Trey out into the courtyard and over to one of the benches. I bet I have the biggest smile on my face right now. I bet my face mirrors Trey's.

I close my eyes and compose myself. I let go of Trey's hand and I lean back on the bench. I hear something to my left where Trey is sitting but I just ignore it and let out a sigh of being happy for once in a long time. The sun is warm on my cheeks, and it mixes with his warmth. But it feels wrong, I look up and see right into Trey's worried eyes.

"Evelyn," he murmurs, "I just got a text from my dad."

So that's what I'd heard.

"What is it?" I whisper.

"My sister, she's..." his pale lips fumble over the right words, his anxious hands run through his hair.

"What's wrong Trey?" I scoot closer and look up at him.

"She's...dying.'' The last word sounds like raw death on its own, it is the saddest sound I have ever heard.

My eyes glaze over and my mind blanks out, I stare hard at the concrete below us, as if it were the only thing in the world; it might as well be. A fiery ladybug hobbles around my shoe and to the bench leg. Of all things I find myself thinking about what season you normally find ladybugs, I could've sworn it wasn't in the fall. Unconsciously I had been squeezing Trey's hand.

"She got... she had... she had a stroke" Trey is whispering, "I have to go now." He kisses my head and slides away from next to me. A sudden draft sweeps over my waist, the cool air takes his place.

"Do you want me to come with you?" I hear myself ask.

He shakes his head solemnly, again smoothing back his hair.

"I'll take you home."

"No, you don't have to I will just ask Michael to come pick me up," I say with a slight wince.

"Thanks," he says with a pained smile, then runs in the direction of his car.

I pull out my phone and scroll through the contacts till I reach Michael's name. Right as I am about to hit call, I receive a call.

"Hello?" says an obviously stressed voice.

"Oh, Hey Michael I was just about to call you," I say in a questiony manner. "Why are you calling?"

"Um... Where are you?"

"In the courtyard at school, why?"

"Go around front. I will be there in 5 minutes." he says then hangs up. I walk around to the front of the building and see Michael's car. I get in a shoot him a look of questioning and worry. He drives off fast in the opposite direction of the house.

"Where are we going?"

"Hospital."

"The hospital, why?"

"Today while dad was visiting mom, mom had to get a blood transfusion because she had lost a lot of blood during birth. When she went to get the transfusion they didn't do it soon enough and mom went it a coma." Michael says with a broken voice. I have nothing to say so I stare out the window till we park in the lot. Michael gets out of the car and runs towards the building. I follow him slowly.

We get inside the dull surgeon smelling main lobby. 'Way to keep people's spirits up' I say to myself. My brother walks past the visitors' room and sign in desk because he had signed in already before he picked me up. I stop in front of it and check in.

"She is in room 234, Evelyn I am so sorry," says the nice check-in lady. She has been here before when I had come to visit my mom.

"Thanks, but I think I need a chance to clear my head first." I walk over to one of the cheep plastic chairs in the visitor room.

I have completely lost myself in tears. After sitting in the room for 30 minutes tear staining Trey's jacket that I still had on, I walked into my mom's room. She was wearing the same issued hospital outfit that she wore when she had given birth, but now it is stained with blood. Her hair is matted from sweat. I take one look and I am frozen in place. Michael and my dad are nowhere in sight, but in the corner of the room sits Ava with a smile on her face. She looks up to see me and her smile drops.

"Uh... Hey Ev..."

"Ava. Why are you smiling, MOM IS DEAD! Well almost..." I say with a tone of accusation.

"HEY DON'T ACT LIKE IT'S MY FAULT!" Ava yells back.

"WELL IT SURE LOOKS LIKE IT IS! I WALK IN AND YOU ARE SMILING!"

"WELL AT LEAST I WAS HERE WHEN SHE WENT OUT, YOU WERE HAVING FUN..." then she says in a quiet voice not for me to hear, "some daughter you are... Don't get me wrong, you love her, but was that ever enough. She sure wanted more than your love. YOU DID NOTHING FOR HER. You didn't visit and when you did, you made her feel worse with your depression. JUST LEAVE, NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE!" More tears come to my face and I run out of the room no longer frozen in place.

Ava is right. I was never the best child; she didn't have any reason to love me or want me there. I never spent any time with her; not to mention I was the one who visited the least. Also I got her in bad moods whenever I came. Tears spilled down my face making my make-up smear and making me looks as bad as I felt.

I collapsed on the ground in the middle of the hall. I hear someone walk out of a room and stop in front of me. I don't look up from where I buried my head in-between my knees, but I say "Leave me alone," to whoever it is in front of me.

Instead of hearing footsteps walking away I hear shuffling then feel arms go around me. I look up to tell whoever it is to go away but instead see Trey picking me up. I let him pick me up with my mouth half open wanting to tell him to leave me alone but also wanting him. I take a glance up at his face and can see the line where tears have fallen. Trey picks me up then carries me out of the hospital and puts me in the passenger seat of his car, then walks to the other side and sits down. He doesn't turn the car on but just looks over at me.

I feel numb. I don't know how I am really should react. My mom is dying, slowly dying. Ava hates me. My mom probably hates me. I break down once more and more tears spill form my eyes. Trey moves over and pulls me into a hug then whispers in my ear, "I'm here for you. I'm sorry for... what happened to your mom..." I lay my head against his chest and close my eyes still filled with tears and regrets.

I wake up to find myself at the lake on the grass with Trey sitting next to me.

The wind blows so I sit up and slide closer to Trey. He looks at me before slowly slipping his arm around me. "You okay?" he asks.

Him saying that reminds of all what happened last night. I feel a fresh round of tears coming. I don't answer I just bury my head in my hands. He pulls me closer. He rests his lips on the top of my head. I find it comforting just for him to be near. It's not awkward. The wind blows my hair in front of my face. I lean closer to Trey to stop the stinging in my cheeks. I look up at him and feel the urge to kiss him so bad. Our faces are inches apart and get closer every second.

"Ev, just letting you know, you got about 6 calls while you slept..." Trey says diffusing the moment.

I sigh then pull out my phone. It reads 6 missed calls, 3 new voicemails, and 12 new text messages. "Michael," I say under my breath. I just left last night. He is probably pissed. I call voicemail...

Michael's voice comes through the speaker of my phone, "Hey Evelyn, where are you?! Where did you go?! We went back to the room and Ava told me that you screamed at her then left... You know that Ava said she is really, tremendously hurt... What did you say to her?! Call me once you get this!" I immediately get mad at Ava.

The next message comes on. Diana's voice comes on this time, "Honey, are you okay? We are worried sick. It's around midnight; call me once you get this... Bye." Now I feel stupid. I should have told someone...

Next message starts out quiet... 'Butt dial' I automatically think and I go to delete it when words come on the other end... "well it shouldn't... I truel... don't blame...it..." shuffling drowns out certain words then everything comes out clear, "the baby is dead. We told you it would happen, but you didn't listen." It was the doctors voice, "What is that beeping?" the doctor guy asks. My brother responds after a shuffling noise, "Oh, crap I was calling Evelyn..." The message ends. I felt my jaw drop halfway through the message and I quickly close it. I go to look at my texts.

From: Michael

11:38 pm

Ev! Where r u?

From: Michael

12:01 am

DON'T IGNORE ME!

R u ok? :(

From: Diana

12:08 am

Evelyn, are you okay?

Where are you we are worried sick?

From: Ava

12:29 pm

Every1 is worried... I'm not.

Don't even try to think that what

has been happening isn't your

fault, cause it is...

From: Dad

7:34 am

Ev, Don't do anything stupid

Take care and come home soon

From: Michael

7:57 am

Evelyn ignore the second voicemail.

PLZ?

I turn to Trey and just look at him. He was watching me and heard all of the voicemails.

"He's dead..." I say in practically a whisper. My new little brother is dead.

I send Michael a text:

To: Michael

9:25 am

I got the vm b4 the txt...

is he really?

___________________________________

HAHA! I feel evil! I made you wait that long to be stuck with a cliffie!!!!!!!!! Dont be hating though!

Love you guys and I will try to post ASAP (I love Acronoyms {is that spelled right??})

VOTE, COMMENT, & BECOME A FAN!

I am going to start putting songs of the chapter....

The song of the chapter is... *Drum Roll*

Rainy Day

by: Plain White T's

If you haven't heard it please do listen!

OKAY SORRY! I JUST RELIEZED THE WORD CHAPTER WAS SPELLED WRONG AND NO ONE TOLD ME!!! I REALLY NEED IDEAS FROM YOU GUYS... I HAVE A BAD CASE OF WRITERS BLOCK, SO IT WOULD REALLY HELP IF YOU COMMENTED WITH IDEAS! IF YOU DO I WILL TOTALLY DEDICATE THE CHAPTER I USE YOUR IDEAS, IF I LIKE THEM, TO YOU!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

599K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
110K 5.3K 41
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...