Ship Oneshot Stories

By AkutagawaIchiyo

This is a book made for only anime ships. (Yaoi, yuri and straight ones.) There will be probably more fluffy... More

Hello there!
Sebastian x Shirou
Shū Tsukiyama x Karren Von Rosewald
Erwin x Hanji
AkuHigu: Little time of happiness in a life of struggles
SebaCiel: Ephemere fear
AkuHigu: Summer festival
Akuhigu: The chalet's warmth
Akuhigu: Trust issues
RanPoe: Noodles and Candles
AkuHigu: King of Hearts
AkuHigu: To the Lost
AkuHigu: Sugar Sweet!

Akutagawa x Higuchi: Moonlit wanders

277 18 20
By AkutagawaIchiyo

'... How is feeling of being worth to live? Having a meaning?' Akutagawa wondered, while walking down the street, illuminated by the dimmed lights.

Colorful cars were driven through the monochromatic roads of the never asleep city that was Yokohama.

He was wearing comfortable clothes. A black turtleneck, that fitted is slim, pale body finely, with dark gray trousers. And even though his normal clothing, he drew the attention of the few people he encountred. Was it for his black hair that turned into a fair white to its tips? Probably, but he couldn't verify, not like he gave too much importance to such things.

He was having hard time at sleeping and had thought of going for a walk, to relax his tensed and sore muscles.

There was so much piled up job at the Port Mafia, that he, being one of the strongest assets of the underworld organization, had to deal the most. However, he thought it would've been worth it, all that pain, all those struggles, just to hear the words that would more likely never come out again of his admirable Dazai.

His former mentor, one of the five underbosses, or called even 'The youngest underboss of all history.' He was skilled, both with strategy and strenght, and one of the gifted belonging to the world. His ability 'No longer human' allowed him to nullify the ability of one, without exeptions, by a simple touch with any part of his body. And it was always active.

However everything does not last. People change, and so do their life style.

Four years ago, he left the Port Mafia, and, two years after, joined the side of the Armed Detective Agency, one of the enemies of the mafia.

'How could Dazai-san leave us to go in the side of those fools?!' Akutagawa thought when he discovered where he had been all those years.

He hadn't yet forgiven him. Perheps for he was now an enemy to him, or because of the feeling of abandon that Dazai left in his heart when he disappeared.

However, as Akutagawa had to work hard, harder than before, his thoughts lingered on his job and job only, not allowing himself to slack off, if not in the night, when he wasn't at work.

He decided to take a new street, just to change the routine that bored him.

Blue was the sky that stood upon his head, brighted from the afar stars along the big, golden full moon.

Usually he didn't have an opinion about night sight, but for that once, he admitted that such soothing view was nice.

At the end of the path he took passed another road, where he saw a familiar person.

The young lady had honey-blonde hair tied in a bun, with a few strands covering the sides and the front of her rosy face. A beige coat reached her knees covering all her clothing, if not her black trousers and brown mufflers. Plain, really, but effective on her.

'Higuchi just got off from work, as it seems.' Thought Akutagawa, while walking. 'Weird. What time is it, four in the morning...? Shouldn't she be off at midnight today?' Akutagawa, as her direct superior exactly knew her schedule, and something was off.

As he took a better look on her, he swore he had seen crimson liquid falling from beneath her trousers, on the leg side.

'Injuried? What a stupid... Should I...? No, it doesn't make sense. I don't see the point in such action, thus she would begin to blabber about me wearing light clothes in a chill night or why am I awake at this hour. ...However, if Higuchi saw me bleeding, she would rush over me- Fine, I'll aid her.' Ultimately thought Akutagawa, quicking his calm pace.

Briskly, he made his way towards his subordinate. And even though his steps were quick, they were silent, soft, not letting Higuchi avverting his presence as malignant.

The more he got to be near her, making him see her clearly, the more he thought she was about to fall.

Limping, she was heading home. She hadn't stopped once since he saw her. Perheps someone was waiting for her. Maybe family, parents, or her partner.

'...If that was the case, then I would be unwanted... I'll leave her in the hands of the ones she cares the most.' He thought, stopping his walk.

It was almost quarter past four, and thought of going back home, he had to sleep.

And so he did.

~

The day after, Akutagawa and Higuchi went for a mission together along the Black Lizard, an assault group of Port Mafia that handled its most unsavory jobs.

He thought she would've been off work, since she was injuried, however there she was.

Higuchi acted composed, doing her job as it requested, which he found eighter strange and not.

He knew her. She would never put herself before her mission, but even so, she was being reckless about her leg, as if she knew it wouldn't give in.

And if it did?

Higuchi shooted her bullets with the submachine she held in her hands, Her perfect aim made them fall on the ground, one by one.

Gin, a renowned hitman, and one of the commanders of the Black LIzard, sliced the necks of their enemies, covered by Tachihara, who shooted down all those that tried to aim her.

Rashōmon impalated most of their targets that were far from their position.

And quickly, the five of them got out the warehouse victorious, as always.

Gin was cleaning the blade from blood.

Hirostu lighted a cigarette, like his usual.

Akutagawa silently leaded the way to everyone.

A red haired guy, almost jumped on Higuchi, making her move to side, which pained her, as she stayed on the injuried leg alone.

"Tachihara?" She asked with a slightly shivering voice, a cold sweat crossed her cheek. "What is it?"

"Ya thought it was an attack? Don't worry. I'd like to have a little talk, but... Ya know, both Grumps and that creepy man are not champions in it." Said him, referring to his comrades of the Black Lizard, Hirotsu and Gin.

"Yeah, quite true. Gin never talks, while Hirotsu-san is smoking, we should let him enjoy his cigarette." Replied Higuchi, breaking her job's serious face.

"Hey, big sis, d'ya like to go for a run?" He proposed chuckling, seeming quite enthusiast to his propose.

"...A run?" Asked Higuchi, quite unwilling to accept.

"Why not?" Replied him with another question.

"I'd prefer not, I am pretty tired in these days." She answered with a yawn, covered from her hand.

"Hm... Maybe I should corrupt Kajī to throw you his lemon bombs, that way ya'd surely run...!" He cheerfully exclaimed, chuckling at his phrase.

"Errr- How about you doing nothing like that?" She faintly laughed, keeping her speed.

~

The two of them entered in their shared office.

Akutagawa eyed at Higuchi, giving her a bad look, to which she asked him if she had done anything wrong in their task.

He sighed.

"Sit. Staying up doesn't help you."

"...Help?" Repeat her in a whisper, while taking her seat.

"... Here." Hissed him briskly, pointing at a chair he placed near his desk. She nodded and made her way towards the black seat.

"Why are you working today?" Akutagawa questionated her, making her confused.

"Because it's not my day off...?" Answered Higuchi, in uncertainess, before adding: "May I know the reason of this question, Akutagawa-senpai?"

"You are unable to walk finely. You are injuried." Plainly answered him, pointing to her left leg.

She opened her mouth, but closed it shut right after, staying silent, something rare of her, and kept looking at him with a mix of amaze and nervous.

'I thought all was going well, but of course, Senpai is always a step ahead of me... No wonder I am a failure in his eyes.' She thought to herself.

"Have you lost your tongue?"

"...No, but-"

"Then, mind to explain why are you here?" Asked him once again, more frustratred than before. "Injurieds on field are nothing but a weight."

Looking at her feet, she was ashamed of herself. She disappointed her senior once again, and she knew that would not even be the last time.

Akutagawa crossed his legs, and with Rashōmon he brought bandages on his hand. He understood that he had just been too cold.

"...I am not a medic, but I can try. Bandaging a wound should not be that hard." Said Akutagawa, tearing the silence that filled the room for a few minutes.

Higuchi gave him a puzzled look.

Why did her superior want to aid her?

"You don't have to, right now it's just fine. It doesn't hurt that much."

"I'm asking you, because blood is staining on your trousers, moron. The bandages have to be changed."

"A-Ah! I didn't notice-"

"If it is about you, you'd never." Said him touching where the crimson liquid colored the black trousers she was wearing, part of her usual black pantsuit.

She winced at his touch, even if it was gentle, and applied very little pressure on her wound.

'It doesn't hurt that much, huh?' Thought Akutagawa, giving her a glance in her brown eyes, that were overwhelmed by pain. She wasn't even trying to hide it.

He pulled on her trousers, and made cuffs, so that the tissue wouldn't disturb him.

"That's pretty deep..." Stated Akutagawa as he cleaned the injury. "You got it yesterday while doing a task, didn't you? From a gun."

"Yes..." Frantically answered her at his question.

Higuchi thought that one day she would surely become a soulless person, dead by some organization, maybe even by Port Mafia's hands, even so, her senior would be fine on his own. And that's what she feared the most. He would count on himself only, depending on his logical skills and strenght, with the help of nobody, as everyone thought that someone as he, able to complete jobs with a wonderful afterwards, didn't need any help. Stubborn as he was, Akutagawa wouldn't even accepted the help of the few that would offer him, as Higuchi was doing with him.

"I've finished." Said him, pulling off the pants cuffs he made to check on her wound, and nappe her back to reality, away from her circle of thoughts. "Are you okay? You are paler than before."

"Oh, am I? Yes, I am fine, it can't be helped though." She replied with a smile.

'What a strage woman.' Akutagawa thought.

He told her not to come back working until her injury healed. Her answer was enough to make him understand that she would've followed his orders, as the loyal subordinate she was.

­­­­­­~

After three days, Akutagawa found himself wandering through the moonlit city, despite his tiredness and his will to sleep. However, his insomnia wasn't allowing him to do so.

Maybe it was fate, maybe it was due to his long walk, he didn't know, what he knew was that he found Higuchi in a park, looking pleased the serene nighttime scenary.

Having nothing better to do, he walked towards the park bench, sitting beside her.

Force of habit of hers or not, she quickly stood up, as if his action was an attempt of harresment or attack.

And when she saw him, she looked in disbelief, and began to panic, but before she opened mouth, he took her hand and pulled her back to sit on the wood bench.

"There's quite a sublime sight from here." Said him while looking at the sky.

"Yeah, it's calming." Replied her in a soothing manner.

"Higuchi, are you getting any better?" Akutagawa questionated her with a slight yawn.

"Yes. I think that in two days, maximum three, I should be able to get back to work without problems." She stated in a different tone, not her usual businesslike voice, which she used exclusively on work, but a softer one.

Sense of calmness overwhelmed him as he heard Higuchi's voice, making him understand how much tired he was.

He didn't find her boring, but her voice, which sounded so articulated and clear, with no so ever stutters, no raises, no mutters, no nervousness, was pleasant to hear. So calming that was numbing him.

"No wonder if the wound opened wide on mission. Stay at home and don't worry about work. It has became less. I don't need you to stress yourself." Said him, before letting out a few coughs.

"Are you cold?" Asked her, but as she did so, Higuchi felt a light pressure on her shoulder, a tickling feeling on her cheek.

She turned her head a little and saw that Akutagawa was peacefully resting on her.

'Isn't it uncomfortable?' Higuchi asked herself, while reaching a hand to his shoulder. 'Ah! But how can I swich him in a more comfortable position without waking him up?' She froze, uncertain if a soft touch would've waken him up or not.

Gathering some courage, she gently moved him from her shoulder, and made him rest on her lap.

A sense of relief and satisfation crept inside Higuchi, as she saw he didn't wake up.

'Truly, what a sublime sight...' She thought looking at Akutagawa with a tender smile. She slipped her coat off, careful not to wake him up, and placed it on him, as if a blanket.

Among cold and bliss, she fell asleep too, with the sweetest dreams.

­~

Akutagawa woke up as he felt a presence near him, and saw that was dawn.

His first sight was a blurred match of pinkish and orangish sky, covered by golden hair strands.

'...Higuchi?' He thought, slowly sitting up, to see a few pedestrian walking down the paths of the park. Probably the reason of his awakening.

He felt colder than when he was laying, and after looking down, he understood the reason.

'You fool...! Giving me your coat in a spring night. You must be freezing...!' Thought him, gazing at Higuchi who wore a simple, cotton, white jersey.

Those nights of half March were chill, sometimes gelid, so he thought of nothing but to warm her up.

He lifted from his legs the beige coat that covered them, and put it on his shoulders. Cautionly, he pulled her closer and made her slip under the coat too, sharing with her its warmth.

There was bunch of time before he had to go back to work, as the afternoon was distant. So he thought that resting with Higuchi wasn't something he should've complained.

Besides, his work included also taking care of his selfless assistant, who continued with no hesitation to try to help him in every little thing, and that probably, because of it, she would've caught a cold.

But maybe, for once, he could admit that this time he was just caring about her with no work imployed.

Ah, Akuhigu is a pairing that people don't write much about, sadly...
So, here am!
I love and ship them a lot and read almost all the fan fictions about them :') .
What will I do after I read them all?*intense sobs*
Oh, well! I'll probably write other stories about them, because... Why not? >:D
I hope you enjoyed the story, reader-chan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 176 24
It's all about Heejake. Is there a smut? I don't know, but maybe there will be kisses. Fluff? Of course. Angst? Nah, kinda don't want too. But if som...
148K 2.8K 64
Hello! This is my book of Hetalia oneshots. It contains many different ships, and there is fluff and smut (the stories with smut will have a warning...
4.7K 173 34
This is just a book of oneshots I have floating in the back of my mind beware of -yelling -pasta -references -ships -and maybe cringe You have been w...
55.9K 1.9K 62
This is a modern AU Sarumi yaoi shipping story. This book will contain the other two ships, MunaKoto and KurHiro This doesn't have Aura, Kings, nor m...