Journey through the Grand Can...

Bởi Raffesia

❎Do Not Read before reading the 1st book of the series.❎ Drisana has started her journey to Indraprasth. Afte... Xem Thêm

Prologue & Casts
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Clearing concepts
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
For the Haters of Subhadra-Karna Pair
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
💖💖💖 Special Shot 💖💖💖
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Picsar
Chapter 36
Trailer
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Stroms in the Making
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
💖💔💖 Special Shot 💖💔💖
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Teaser
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
🍁🍁🍁Tickle🍁🍁🍁
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue

Chapter 17

4K 248 159
Bởi Raffesia

"Tumhare bhaiyo ka bhi kya kismat hai!
Ek ka besura gaana,
Dusre ka baata huya jamana.
Teesre ke baato ka nehi hai saar,
Coutha bakwas khane se bimar.
Aur aab chatte ke gaale mein,
Kahi par na jai purush premi ka har.

(What fate your brothers have!
One sings terribly,
Second is divided equally.
Third one doesn't stop talking,
Fourth one doesn't know cooking.
And now sixth one will probably be garlanded by a man.)"

Nakul said making Drisana's eyes narrowed.

"You're making fun of my brothers Nirmay?" Drisana asked angrily.

"I-- I was just sympathising. Nothing else." Nakul said stammering a bit in nervousness. Drisana removed her eyes after glaring at him good.

"So, what now?" Nakul asked tentatively.

"I need time. Soon Devika Jiji's baby shower is going to happen and Deepavali is around the corner too. Valandhara jiji is new here and Draupadi jiji is handling everything alone mostly. I don't want to neglect my one family because of the other." Drisana said sadly.

"You won't. Sometimes we just have to choose between duties and decide which is the more important one and needs our attention first. No one will blame you for it." Nakul said softly tucking a hair strand behind her ear.

"I know. But it doesn't change the fact that duties were neglected. And I don't want that." Drisana said solemnly.

"Then?" Nakul asked.

"I'll have to delay it for a little time. I just hope she won't do any stupidity till then." Drisana said sighing.

Valandhara woke up in the morning only to find Bheem's frowning face above hers and screamed in fear.

"What's wrong with you? What were you doing?" She asked calming her erratic heartbeats.

"You were sleeping." Bheem stated still frowning at her.

"Yes. So?" Valandhara asked in confusion.

"You fell asleep last night before I came." Bheem said again frowning more fiercely now.

"Again. So?" Valandhara asked again not getting his point.

"Which girl falls asleep at her wedding night!!! You were supposed to wait for me!!!" Bheem suddenly shouted in frustration sporting a pout like a kid. Valandhara looked at him weirdly for sometimes.

"I slept at my wedding night, don't know about others. And I got tired sitting alone. It's your fault for coming late. Now move and let me get ready for the day." Valandhara said with full attitude and left.

Bheem stared at her way still frowning and sporting a pout.

Okay.

He might have gotten carried away eating laddoos. They were so delicious, he couldn't stop. And finished six more baskets after the one he requested at first.

But she was supposed to wait, not fall asleep. Who slept at their wedding night!?!?!?!!!!

In Anga :

Karna had taken Subhadra out on a tour. Getting out of the Palace and temporary relief from all the duties, Subhadra was feeling at peace and delightful. Her excitement and enthusiasm at visiting new places was infectious. Karna wondered why hadn't he thought of it before.

Anga's people were both astounded and elated to see their Maharaj and Maharani visiting the town. Karna often used to visit the town before too. But this was the first time they were seeing the couple together up close. And watching their beautiful young queen among them was rather unexpected to them. They had also heard and wondered many things about the Yadhavi.

They bowed and greeted them with smiles. Karna also introduced her to a few commoners. Subhadra was amazed to see him interact with them with such ease and familiarity. Where most Kings remained aloof from the common people, Karna liked to know and interact with them. And their fondness and adoration for Karna was also clearly visible.

"How are you Shama kaki?" Karna asked an older women who sat in the yard of a small hut. Subhadra understood she was blind.

"Maharaj? It's you?" She asked as a smile instantly lightened her face.

"How have you been? And how many times will I have to tell you not to call me Maharaj?" Karna asked sitting beside her on earth. Subhadra watched them standing beside. The guards remained near being familiar with this unusual behaviour of their King.

"I will call you Maharaj only, putra. Because it makes me happy that we have you as our King. And I am fine now that you've come back. We all missed and remembered you a lot." The woman replied pleasingly.

"Sthira? This is Shama kaki. She makes excellent earthen lamps." Karna introduced her to the woman.

"Pranam, Kaki." Subhadra greeted her.

"Pranam. Maharaj! You've brought Maharani also?! That too in this poor hut." Shama kaki became restless thinking where would she even offer the Maharani to sit.

"Kaki, if I haven't come here, I would be deprived from your blessings, wouldn't I? Now don't take tension for me and relax." Subhadra said smiling at her and sat on her opposite side.

"I heard you're really beautiful Maharani. But unfortunately I can't see you, but your voice speaks of the purity and beauty of your heart. Just like Maharaj's voice speaks of strength and kindness. May God always keep you together and happy." Kaki said being pleased with her amiable nature.

They chit chatted a little more and then left. Subhadra got to know from Karna that Shama's one and only son was a soldier in Anga's army. But unfortunately he died in a war a few years ago, leaving her all alone. Being the proud woman, she wanted to live independently rather than taking help from the treasury. So, Karna made sure all her lamps were sold in a generous price and she didn't have to go without.

Subhadra felt her heart swelling in happiness. She had heard many praises of him, but witnessing his kindness and generosity made her respect him more.

"Parnipat, Maharaj. Parnipat Maharani." A man greeted them as they were passing a statue shop.

"Pranam. Sthira, this is Bhattara. He is a renowned artisan. His statues are very demanded." Karna introduced her to the man.

"That is all due to your blessings Maharaj. Subjects can only have a peaceful and prosperous life when the King is kind, liberal and fair." Bhattara said.

"How is your work going on?" Karna asked.

"It's all good. If you don't mind Maharaj, I have specially made a small gift for you both. Can I present it to you?" The man asked folding his hands.

"Yes, of course." Karna permitted with a smile.

Bhattara took a medium sized statue wrapped in cloth from the shop and handed it to Karna respectfully. Karna signed Subhadra to unwrap it and see. As Subhadra unwrapped the statue, she saw it was a beautifully crafted idol of lord Vishnu with Sheshnag made of copper. She smiled brightly taking the idol in her hand.

"Thank you. This a really beautiful gift." Subhadra said pleasantly.

"This is my pleasure Maharani that you liked and accepted it." Bhattara replied.

Like thus, they kept roaming around all day. It was nearing sunset when they were walking through a flower field leaving the guards behind. Karna followed Subhadra chuckling as Subhadra chased a butterfly laughing and hopping like a butterfly herself. He didn't remember when was the last time he felt so carefree and happy.

"Carefully Sthira. You'll fall." Just as Karna warned, Subhadra's foot slipped. Karna went to save her and instead they fell together. They glanced at each other for a moment and then both started to laugh stupidly.

After a while, Karna's laugh subsided and he stared at Subhadra with intensity. Noticing the way her eyes sparkled, escaped hair strands danced around her face, the soft blush on her cheeks, the pink petal like lips, it all called to him like a siren. He averted his gaze controlling himself and helped her in standing. Subhadra had also quietened in shyness feeling his gaze on her.

Karna noticed a fully bloomed red rose just beside and picked the flower. He wanted to give it to her, but hesitated feeling awkward.

"This flower is beautiful." Clearing his throat, he commented and offered it to Subhadra. She smiled knowingly and said,

"Don't you think it'll look more beautiful on my hair?"

Saying so, she turned for him to place it on her hair. Karna slowly placed it behind her ear. Subhadra lifted her face sideways to look at him and found him staring at her. She blushed feeling the intensity of his gaze again, but couldn't remove her eyes from his.

"Bangles! Beautiful bangles! Take some bangles!"

Karna and Subhadra came out of their stupor hearing the voice. They saw two men walking on the far end of the field. One of them carried a large basket of bangles on head and another held another smaller one in hand.

"Vrisha! You didn't got me any bangles." Subhadra remarked with a pout turning to him.

"What were those that you got in the market?" Karna asked dumbfounded. Subhadra had almost emptied the shops in the market. She was near obsessed with bangles.

"I got them for myself. You didn't get anything for me." Subhadra said crossing her arms in anger. Karna chuckled and called the men to get her bangles. Subhadra's expression immediately changed into a happy one.

"So, tell. What kind of bangles you want? We have very beautiful bangles." Said one of them. Karna looked at the bangles. They were indeed beautifully crafted. His eyes caught one pair and he lifted it to examine. Subhadra was waiting a little behind.

"How much for these?" He asked the men.

"Wow! You really have a good eye. But these bangles are very costly. Will you be able to pay for them?" Asked the same one. Karna blinked at him hearing his question.

"Of course you will be. You look no less than a King." The man said again before Karna could say anything.

"You also have a good eye. I am the King of Anga." Karna replied in amusement.

"Maharaj! You're Angraj! Accept our parnipat Maharaj. What luck we have! Angraj himself wants to buy our bangles. Then I'm sure you can definitely pay for these bangles." The man said looking overwhelmed in joy.

"What's the price?" Karna asked again.

"Nothing much. You'll just have to duel with my brother." The man replied pointing at the other one. Karna stared at them in surprise. He shifted his gaze between them a few times and asked again to confirm.

"Maharaj, now what to hide from you. My brother is a very good wrestler. But he defeats whoever duels with him. So now no one is willing to fight him. That's why we decided whoever wants to buy these bangles, will duel with my brother first." The first one explained again.
"But the condition of the duel is whoever is defeated will get the bangles, not the winner."

"Not only you want me to duel with him, but also to accept defeat for getting these bangles?" Karna asked in bewilderment.

"That's your choice Maharaj. I'm just stating the rules." The man replied smiling.

Karna stared at them a little more and then glanced behind to see Subhadra waiting impatiently.

"Okay. I accept your price." He said smirking.

He came back to Subhadra and removed the jewelleries he wore. Subhadra looked confusingly at him.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Paying the price." Karna replied and went to an open area to start the duel.

In Dravida :

"Jyesth, I'm telling you. Dhikshit ran away and now he will too." Dheemant said. Dwijendra gave him a tired look.

"Seriously. Have you seen her? She can make even ghosts run away screaming and this is our innocent brother." Dheemant said again in concern.

"Why don't you go and say that to Mata?" Dwijendra asked sweetly. That shut Dheemant up effectively.

"This is the question of our father's reputation. Pitashree can not deny for the alliance and Mata is already in favour of it." Dwijendra said sighing.

"But what about Dridhaksh? Does his opinion not matter?" Dheemant asked seriously. Dwijendra sighed to that.

"This is wrong Jyesth. Pitashree and Mata never forced us for anything. Specially not in this matter. All of us got married by our own choice. But this time, they're just going to burden him with this decision! Why? Dhikshit already ran away without a word and now I'm afraid Dridhaksh will either do the same or silently accept their decision against his will." Dheemant said in a grim manner.

Dhikshit's sudden disappearance had stung all of them harshly. What had happened to make their brother so distant from them? What was troubling him so much that he couldn't share with his own brothers? It couldn't be just the talk of the alliance, could it? What was bothering him so much that he needed to go away?

Or was it the incident of fire at Drisana's wedding? Did Dhikshit really had to do something with that?

Dwijendra shook his head to get that thought out of his mind. No. His brother would never strike from behind like a coward. And besides he had no enemity with Yuvraj Duryodhan.

"Dheemant. I understand you. But Pitashree and Mata will never take a decision which is bad for us. Mata is badly hurt by Dhikshit's self-exile. So she wants to get Dridhaksh married before anything else happens. But it's not final yet. No answer has been sent. And I have full faith that Mata will surely ask him before replying. He will be given the choice to say no." Dwijendra assured keeping a hand on Dheemant's shoulder.

"Mata? You called for me?" Dridhaksh asked coming inside his Mata's chamber.

"Come. Sit here." Maharani Mangalya told him pointing at the couch beside her. Dridhaksh went and sat near her feet instead and rested his head on her lap.

"Dridhaksh?" Maharani Mangalya called him caressing his head, not really surprised by his behaviour.

"I don't like to see you like this Mata. None of us do. Bhrata Dhikshit will return soon." Dridhaksh said lifting his head.

"He will do whatever he wishes. Who am I to say anything?" Maharani Mangalya said solemnly.

"Maa, you know he loves and respects you a lot. Who knows him better than you. Bhrata Dhikshit can't express his emotions to anyone. He suppresses everything inside. We only get to see his anger. Maybe he needed some space to sort his emotions." Dridhaksh tried to comfort her, holding her hands in between his.

"Yes. You all have grown up so much. Now you all need your own space and I shouldn't interfere in your lives." Maharani Mangalya replied nonchalantly.

"Maa. It's not like that. You don't interfere in our lives, rather you're a part of our lives. Without your guidance, we'll be lost. Please don't be hurt thinking that." He said again.

"I just wanted him to start his married life and not remain alone. I thought he would be able to share his emotions and troubles with someone. I only wished to see my son at peace. Was I wrong?" Maharani Mangalya asked softly. Unshed tears burned her eyes.

"Of course not. And he didn't leave for that. I'm sure. Mata, don't keep hurting please." Dridhaksh said gently and added in a more warmer tone,
"When he returns, he will bring a cute, adorable girl as your daughter-in-law. Because there is not one wish of our Mata that we won't fulfil. He may need some time for himself, but he will never hurt or disappoint you."

"Let's see when he returns." She sighed. "As of now, do you know about the proposal?"

Dridhaksh's heart stopped beating for a few moments. But he didn't show any reactions outwardly.

"Yes. Jyesth told me." He said carefully hiding his emotions.

"I want you to know that I do want you to get married. And yes. Your Pitashree also owe the king for saving his life once. But my son's happiness matters to me first. So the final decision will be yours." Maharani Mangalya said in a gentle manner, not wanting her son to feel burdened or obliged to follow through.

Dridhaksh took several moments to calm himself with downcast eyes and then said,
"I've no objection to the alliance."

"So, we can tell them yes and fix everything?" Maharani Mangalya asked carefully trying to decipher if he really wanted this or not.

"Yes. But I don't want to rush. I need some time." Dridhaksh replied nodding.

His mother stared at him for a while and then nodded smiling warmly.

"After Deepavali is celebrated?" She asked. Dridhaksh only nodded confirming.

"Okay, then. We'll have the wedding after Deepavali."

In Anga :

Karna and the man kept duelling for long hours. Subhadra watched from sideline with worry. It had already been long after sunset and they didn't give any signs of stopping.

"Pranam, Maharani." The other man greeted her.

"How long will this go on?" Subhadra asked stoically.

"Until Maharaj accepts his defeat." The man replied.

"Maharaj will never accept defeat." Subhadra said with utter confidence.

"But he won't get the bangles if he wins." The man remarked.

"Maharaj will never sacrifice his pride and honour for mere bangles. He accepted to duel with your brother because you dared to come in his kingdom and challenge him." Subhadra replied turning her eyes to him.

"But Maharani, I heard he loves you a lot. Can't he accept defeat once for making you happy?" The man asked.

"How can a wife be happy with her husband's defeat? I will rather be happy to watch him die with honour, then living a miserable defeated life." Subhadra said smiling slightly.

The man smiled hearing her response and said,

"You've grown up a lot, Subhadre."

Subhadra frowned a little before realising.

"Bhrata Krishna!!!"

Then she turned to watch the man duelling with Karna in astonishment.

"Oh Lord! Bhrata Balaram is duelling with Vrisha!!!"

Hi!!!

I know. I know. You all want actions.

Wait a little. The dish needs to be well cooked before serving....😉😉😉

Big Dhamaka...no Dhamakas...are coming...😈😈😈

So..let's chill a little before that...😎

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

THE DARK FATED KANYA Bởi Orchid

Tiểu Thuyết Lịch Sử

51.9K 2.5K 30
The great Mahabharata war has been over long ago... Sudarshan Chakradhari is now waiting for the curse of Gandhari to show its effect... But an unexp...
163K 7.9K 92
𝑰𝒏𝒅𝒖𝒍𝒆𝒌𝒉𝒂, a young cheerful girl from Kaliyug, is reborn as the sister of the Pandavas after she dies. She was the apple of their eyes, thei...
52K 2.2K 44
What if Abhimanyu learns of a secret buried deep in time - one not even his family knows about? The secret of SURYAPUTRA KARNA What would happen whe...
Empire of Righteousness Bởi AmayaValery

Tiểu Thuyết Lịch Sử

277K 18.9K 160
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...