The Alpha King's Wrath

Siberiantiggy द्वारा

You're all just pawns... A cryptic confession eats away at Jess and Chris as they struggle to find balance i... अधिक

Preface
1 Friend or Foe?
2 My Way
3 Nightmares
4 Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
5 Serious
6 Blast from the Past
7 Cat and Mouse
8 When in Doubt...
9 Countdown
10 Queen
11 Past
13 Layers
14 What?
15 Psycho
16 Chess
17 Out!
18 Good Morning
19 All Aboard
20 Please
21 Iceberg
22 Come Find Me
23 Always Something...
24 Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen
25 Playing with Fire
26 I See Your Handy Work
27 Why?
28 Stubborn
29 Surprise
30 Jess
31 Breeding Season
32 Together
33 OUT!
34 Trust
35 Breath of Fresh Air
36 Smoke and Memories
37 Tedious
38 History
39 Home for the Holidays
40 Grandson
41 Christmas Came Early
42 Now What?!
43 Danger...
44 Choices
45 Little Things...
46 Go!
47 Darklings
48 Darkness
49 Dark Figment
50 Decisions
51 Dress Up!
52 News...
53 Neuter
54 Xavier, You're Up!
55 Xander
56 Vixen
57 Stress Relief
58 Relative
59 It's Never 'Just' with You
60 Archaic
61 Always Baby
62 Benjamin and Lyana
63 Honoured
64 Ghosts
65 Sorry Highness...
66 Diversion
The Luna Queen's Fury

12 Warming up

11.9K 723 468
Siberiantiggy द्वारा

The bed dips beside me and Chris' addictive scent washes over me. My eyes flutter against the soft light as I stretch and roll over, curling into his side.

"Hello beautiful," he chuckles as I nestle against him.

"Hi... What time is it?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes.

"Mmmm, almost eight," he sighs.

"I slept over twelve hours again!?" I gasp, shooting upright.

"Relax baby," Chris laughs, amusement dancing in his gold and green eyes. "Just the afternoon."

"What happened to off early?" I question with a raised brow.

"I was done just before dinner, but you were sleeping so I took care of something first," Chris shrugs. "You sure you're okay?" He tenderly runs the back of his knuckles across my cheek as his golden-green eyes search mine, full of concern.

"Yeah," I reply, flashing him a reassuring smile. "This place... it's a lot. Between that and my parasite, I'm just feeling a bit run down." Chris grumbles and rolls his eyes at the use of parasite but doesn't fuss over it.

"What does Doc say?" He asks with a frown, clearly he's not buying my version.

"That this can happen," I reply with a shrug. "He said to watch for bleeding, cramping, fever or dizziness... so far none of that. If it makes you feel any better, I'm scheduled for a check up soon?" I cock my head and flutter my lashes, trying to lighten his mood and am rewarded with a roll of his eyes and snort of laughter.

"Hungry at all?" He asks, changing the topic.

"Very," I admit.

"I happen to have all night free. Why don't you go clean up and we'll go from there?" He nods toward the bathroom with a crooked grin. I raise a brow but get up and head to the bathroom, freezing when I open the door.

Soft candle light dances around the dimly lit, gigantic bathroom. The earthy tones and mix of stone and timber make this room look completely different from the rest of the palace. My eyes skim across the counters with scattered candles reflecting in the mirrors, to the back where a raised platform is decked out with more candles.

"What's going on?" I mumble, unblinking.

"You, me, and nothing else," Chris replies huskily. "I've told them the place can burn down for all I care tonight and I will personally end anyone who bothers us." His tone hints at joking but the dark glint in his eyes warns it's not really a joke.

"Big plans?" I ask with a small smirk.

"Yeah, spending the night with my well rested, beautiful mate..." His words and virile tone have my stomach knotting in anticipation.

"I like this plan," I muse, turning to face him. Chris grins, wraps his arms around me, and pulls me tightly to him, before bringing his lips to mine.

"Then you're really going to like this," he murmurs, leading me to the back of the bathroom to the platform with the candles.

"A hot tub?! We have our own indoor hot tub?!" I gape, looking down at the bubbling water with steam rising.

"Our own PRIVATE hot tub with a view," Chris murmurs against my ear, as my eyes drift up to the sky lights showing a stunning view of the starry night.

His lips graze my neck, sending a delightful shiver down my spine and feeding a tightening in my core as he wraps his arms around me. That simple contact lights my body up as the sparks travel freely between our skin. I melt against his chest, baring my neck fully to his attention.

"Did you have fun teasing me, little one?" He growls against my neck, making me clench in anticipation.

"Always." I gasp as his lips travel down my neck down to his mark. I moan his name when he kisses and sucks on it, making me weak in the knees. Chris knows my body better than I do, where to touch and kiss to make me a mindless moaning mess.

Before I completely melt, I twist away, earning a raised brow that I can't help but smirk at. I turn away, feeling his gaze burn across my back as I walk toward the steps. Knowing his eyes are on me I slowly peel off my shirt, carefully tossing it to the side where it won't catch on fire. A quick look over my shoulder shows Chris' hungry gaze is locked on me. I hold his gaze, unhooking my bra and flinging it where my shirt lays.

A deep rumble echoes off the tiles in warning. The primal sound sends my heart racing in excitement as I quickly slip my pants down and step into the warm, bubbly water. Instantly, my body starts to relax, releasing tension I didn't even know I had. I sink in and swim to the far side, locking eyes once more with Chris and grin.

"Care to join me, SIRE?" I tease.

He chuckles, shaking his head and peels off his shirt. I'm not sure if he did it in slow motion or my mind slowed the moment down to savour it, but the way his muscles ripple and flex steals all of my attention. His cocky grin tells me he knows exactly the effect he's having on me.

Ass!

With the utmost effort, I tear my gaze away, shifting my position to look out the expansive glass ceiling. The view is stunning, with trees and mountains barely visible but the sky so black it's inky blue with more stars than I've ever seen before. Diagonally across the skyscape is a more intense area I can only assume is the Milky Way, looking like the finest diamond dust.

The water ripples as Chris slips in not far from me and settles onto the seat after adjusting the bubbles down low. "Incredible view," he says, his voice deep and seductive.

"It is," I murmur, turning to him, but his eyes are locked on me, ignoring the sky. Instantly, I feel my cheeks heat further. "Someone's smooth tonight..."

"Nothing but the truth baby," he replies with a dazzling smile as he pulls me onto his lap. "How'd I get so lucky?" His eyes sparkle golden flames in the low light as they swim with love.

"You and me both." I smile, stretching up and brushing my lips against his.

Chris seizes the opportunity, wraps his arms around me, and crashes his lips down on mine. The hunger and urgency flowing through the bond is impossible to ignore and douses my fire in gasoline. He slips a hand up my back to cup the back of my head and deepen the kiss further.

Twisting in his grip to straddle his lap, my hands roam across his broad, muscular chest before settling on his shoulders. My sensitive breasts rub against him, earning a low growl of approval as he pulls me closer and moves his lips to my neck. I groan, tossing my head back and exposing my throat to his expert attention.

"Do you have any idea," he whispers hoarsely between kisses. "How hard it has been to keep my hands off of you?" His hands are anything but contained now as they roam my body, leaving me a moaning mess.

"You didn't have to let me sleep last ni-" I gasp as he lightly pinches my nipple between his fingers.

"Your health and well being are my number one priority baby," he says in a way to leave no room for protest. "If you need rest, you'll have it."

"And if I need you?" I whisper, looking deep into his golden-green eyes and slipping my hand to caress the side of his neck.

"Then you'll have me," he replies without hesitation. His love flooding back through the bond is almost overwhelming. There are no games, or false words between us, just him and I laid bare for each other.

Once again, he captures my swollen lips in a passionate kiss, curling my toes at the intensity. With a quick shift of his hips he sheaths himself fully, making me gasp. Giving me no time to adjust, he starts to move while his lips inch their way to his mark. Chris guides my hips, rocking, grinding, and dropping them against him slowly and sensually as he licks and sucks his mark.

My core tightens and breathing gets shallow as I feel myself racing towards my peak. Only a week has passed since we were together yet it feels like forever ago. Chris groans and picks up the pace, hitting that spot deep inside that makes my eyes roll back.

"Look at me beautiful," he growls, voice strained as he nears his own release. No sooner do I force my eyes to his, like a cord is cut I come hard, clenching down and calling out his name. Chris' movements are sloppy as he hammers out his own release before resting his forehead on my chest.

We stay frozen like that for a moment, catching our breath before Chris picks me up and sets me on his lap with my back against his chest and his arms wrapped around me. I rest my head against his chest, enjoying my post orgasm haze as I take in the view.

"Nice scenery," he muses, like he just now notices the window. I can't help but laugh at this relaxed side that I don't see nearly enough of.

"Is this how it's always going to be?" I mumble.

"Hmm?" he rumbles. "I mean as much as hot tub sex is great, I'd like to have some bed sex too..." The amusement in his tone clashes with his suggestive tone, but I know he's just trying to keep things light.

"That's not what I meant," I chide.

Chris lets go of me with one arm and reaches for something, pulling a bowl close. He brings a chocolate strawberry to my lips and I can't help but laugh. Taking a bite, the flavours explode in my mouth, sweet, tart and rich chocolate draw a delicious moan from me.

"That's for tomorrow, tonight is for us, to talk, eat, and make love, though apparently not in that order," he laughs.

"Is it bad that I just want to stay in this moment?" I whisper, looking over my shoulder at him. I hate how weak and vulnerable I feel.

"No baby. We've been cheated on a lot of us time. I'd love nothing more than to keep you locked in this room with me and never leave, but we have responsibilities," he sighs. "It won't always be this crazy though, I promise you that."

"Good," I grumble. "Because when this parasite matures, it's game on Papa." The joy that radiates from Chris is blinding. In this moment, he's the happiest I think I've ever seen him and that realization just leaves me feeling more guilty.

"Hey now," he coos, cupping my cheek. His thumb traces soft circles as his eyes search mine. "We've been rushing around for so long that we haven't had any time to just be us... That's going to change. The last thing I want is for you to feel like this. Talk to me baby." The concern feeding back through the bond and worry lacing every word makes me feel even worse.

"I don't know how to do this," I whimper, feeling my chest tighten. "I was just getting the hang of you, and now a baby? What if I'm not cut out for this?"

The fear of uncertainty crushes me. What if's have become the bane of my existence, and I struggle daily to keep them at bay. When it was just my own welfare that was one thing but now that I have another relying on me, the stress feels ten-fold.

"What if you are?" Chris counters, matter-of-factly.

"Hunh?!" I gasp, furrowing my brows.

Clearly the man is crazy.

"You may not see it, but those around you do," he murmurs, tenderly caressing my cheek. "You are so full of love and kindness you can't help but show it to those around you, even those who don't deserve you. Ethan is unrecognizable and it's everything to do with you."

"He just needed time," I whisper, feeling my chest tighten.

"That's not it at all," he chides. "It was you! He was in my pack for years and kept slipping away. Everyone tried, hell Claire alone spent countless hours trying to get through to him. They'd tried so long to have a pup that she wanted to adopt him but he just wouldn't let her in no matter what."

I sigh, thinking back to the half-feral boy that I met in the market. He didn't talk, had dark circles under his eyes from lack of sleep, and a haunted look in his eyes that drew me to him. Little by little, with food and relaxed company, he started to open up and now he's like a brand new kid, even has a friend and plays like a normal boy should.

"Sure a baby is uncharted territory, and there's gonna be some challenges, but there's also going to be good times. Our family is growing and this child will be surrounded by so much love it will want for nothing. You'll teach it how to grow things, I'll teach it how to throw a devastating left hook..." He leads with an air of mischief.

"Maybe I'll be the cool parent and teach it archery and you can be the boring one?" I challenge.

Chris chuckles and presses a soft kiss to my temple. "I'm pretty sure we'll both be the boring and cool parents," he says, grinning widely. His joy is impossible to ignore.

"Do you want a boy or girl?" I ask, suddenly quite curious. We had never talked more than preliminary with Chris being ready and me not.

"Girl," he replies without hesitation.

"And here I thought Alphas were all about first born sons to take over?" I counter, surprised by his answer.

"Still Waters is a progressive pack," he muses, bringing another strawberry to my lips. "We have rogues in our rank, pay our Omegas... Why not have a female Alpha? They do exist after all."

"So now that Jace is mated... and little Jace's are likely in the near future-"

"Fuck," he groans, dropping his head against the backrest. "I take it back. Son, I want a son!"

"Too late," I laugh.

Chris drops his hand down to my belly, settling on the more defined bump. "And what do you want?"

"Happy and healthy," I murmur, lacing my fingers with his. "I just want it to have a good life..."

"Don't worry baby, we'll make sure it has the best life," he mumbles against me. "But if we don't get out of here soon, I may lose the ability to give it a future baby brother or sister."

"Pft," I scoff, twisting to face him. "Who says we're having more than one?!"

"A man can hope," he grins, standing up and carrying me out. Chris sets me down on the bathroom matt, grabs a fluffy towel and begins to dry me off. Dropping down to one knee, he places a tender kiss on my stomach and whispers, "See, she's already warming up to you."

I roll my eyes at him, wrapping myself in a towel and head off to the bedroom with Chris in hot pursuit. He wraps his arms around me as I make for the closet, dragging me to bed.

"Not so fast kitten," he growls against my throat, making me laugh. "The night's still young..."

Chris backs us against the bed, slowly lowering me down, his lips locked on mine. A knock at the door makes him instantly tense and growl as he turns to glare at the source of his frustration. The knock comes slightly louder again.

"I swear to the Goddess if this is Jace..."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Hell and Back Xplicitt द्वारा

वेरवुल्फ़

49.3K 1.7K 30
Since Alena's first encounter with an Alpha, things have never been the same. The Supernatural world is the one she left behind, and with it, her mat...
Bound by Fate Kiara_vr द्वारा

वेरवुल्फ़

502K 13.4K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
300K 10.9K 49
[Jasper Falls Saga: Book 3] This book is part of a series and must be read in a specific labeled order. Please read The Werewolf's Mate first. Beaten...
98.1K 5.8K 25
Book Three in Her Destiny Series ||| ❝And she thought they were heartless monsters.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫ She had nightmares about the creatures that lurk...