Unknown Territory (TFP)

By _error_1010

"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."- Master Oogway --- ~ BOOK 1 OF THE LIGHTBLADE... More

A/N
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
1K Special #1
1K Special #2
1K Special #3

32.

814 35 18
By _error_1010

ENTRY: 12/5/2021

Location: Autobots' base at night.

Ioa groaned as she onlined her optics, her whole body was aching as if she got slammed into a mountain high speed. Her joints were clicking in place weakly as she tries to sit up, only to realise it's unbearable to even lift her digits.

Ioa's groan got the attention of everyone as they quickly rushed to her side, only for Ratchet to chase them away so he could check her up in peace.

"Ep Ep Ep! Move it! This is a medical bay, not the main lounge! Everyone out!" Ratchet chided and shooed them away. Ioa looked at the medic, words coming out static as she tries to call out to him.

"R...Ra..tchet..." she said hoarsely.

"Easy Ioa! Save your strength. You've overstrained again, too much this time." He said grimly, optics showing his worry as he gazes at the fragile femme.

"I...w...would... do... i...it... again..." she said weakly before giving him a pained smile. "F...for eve...ry...one" she wheezed in pain and got into a coughing fit, making Ratchet quickly come to her aid.

"Please Ioa for the love of Primus rest yourself! I..." Ratchet said sadly, pained filled his optics watching the femme in this state. It was his fault that she had to go save him. If it wasn't for her, he'd probably be joining the Wells of Allspark already. "I'm...sorry Ioa. It's my fault, I should've listened..." he said remorsefully.

Ioa weakily took his servos and gave it a soft squeeze before speaking.

"It's ...ok...ay...I'm...s...sor...ry...too..." she whispered before closing her optics, falling back into recharge. Ratchet could only sigh in regret as he scanned her before letting Ioa recharge in peace, the sound of her life signal once more filled the base.

Heavy pedsteps vibrated across the quiet base, the owner in a gloomy mood as he looked over to Ioa's weak state. "What happened to her, old friend?"

Ratchet turned to look at him and shook his helm as he explained the situation.

"Over exhaustion, severely exhausted." He started; faceplate hung low as he spoke. "When she ...fought with Megatron, it may seem like she was doing fine but I believe it was just temporary buff. Her body was overheating and...we made it worse by getting ourselves... scolded by her." Ratchet finished.

"I can only pray she get's better soon. We... need her. I've doubted her once and twice, but I now realised she is capable as much as we do." Optimus said, Ratchet nodding along.

"The Synth-En was indeed quite remarkable for you to pursue Ratchet, but we must never let greed get to us. But, because of you, we manage to stock up on the energons. For that, we are all thankful." Optimus said and gave Ratchet a rare smile. They both fell into silence and chose to watch over the sleeping femme, no other words were spoken ever since then.

---

The next day, the kids came back to base with their charges, only to see Ioa sitting up and getting out of berth, Ratchet not in sight, probably in the back refuelling.

"IOA!"

Everyone simultaneously shouted as they rushed to her, making her sit back down. The commotion caused the Prime and Ratchet to rush over, concern filled their faceplate.

"You're awake!"

"We missed you!"

"You should not be up yet!"

"Ioa, did you really kick Megatron's aft?"

The barrage of question was too much for Ioa as she backs away from them, feeling claustrophobic.

"Hi..." she wearily, giving them an awkward smile. Optimus stepped forward and knelt down to her level. He cleared his voicebox before speaking, optics not looking at her as he quietly spoke.

"I'm sorry."

"Huh?"

Optimus sighed inwardly before looking up to her. "I...I'm sorry Ioa. I didn't mean to offend you by not believing you, I was merely thinking of your recovery but I understand my words were... inappropriate. For that, I sincerely apologise. Know that we will never doubt your senses ever again." He said. Ioa was silent before wrapping her servos around him, surprising everyone as she gave him a hug.

"It's okay big guy, I'm sorry for yelling too. I must have scared you guys, haven't I?" she said, Optimus suddenly went rigid as he felt his system lock into place, unable to move.

"Er..." he fumbled, making Ioa release him and quickly apologise. His processors finally caught up to him as he snapped out of it and stood up, but not before giving Ioa a thankful nod.

"DID YOU JUST HUG HIM/OPTIMUS?" Everyone said to Ioa, making her blush as she tries to explain the situation.

"I-I... Guys! It's not like that!"

"Like what?" was their reply as Ioa continue blushing furiously. She sent a pleading look to Optimus who seem to look amused.

'That cheeky slag-'

The bots gave up on taunting her when Ratchet spoke, hushing everyone in a flash.

"Ioa, it seems that although Light- I mean Shadowglyde is skilful in combat, your body cannot handle such stress. It is wise to train yourself in hopes that you can match up to her ability." Ratchet advised her. Ioa stopped for a moment before speaking, choosing her words carefully.

"The cause of my shutting down is not only due to that..." she began, garnering curious looks from the team, "I was trained in the Decepticon, remember? I know how to fight. It's just that," she stopped abruptly before shifting to her alter ego, the blue and white femme continuing.

"We used up a lot of energy on finding your signal Ratchet. Adding that along with opening the portal and battling Megatron made our energon level dropped significantly, resulting in a self-induced power down. Though, I must say Lightblade was indeed mad enough to fight the protocols just to patch Ratchet up AND gave you all one pit of a nagging." Shadowglyde said, making everyone looked down like a child getting caught stealing candies.

Bulkhead rubbed his neck cables meekly as he spoke, changing the subject. "Ha... right...About that...You were quite the mad femme Shadowglyde, you held your grounds even with Megatron! Heck, you won the fight!" he said in awe as the team nodded along.

:-You kicked his tailpipe hard man!-:

"If I wasn't there I would never believe them, but I was and it was something alright!"

"Aww man! That's so cool!"

Shadowglyde sat still on the berth as she saw her teammates gushing over her, unused to this situation, she calls for help from Ioa through the bonds.

'Light...I'm...unfamiliar with this...'

"Don't worry they are just proud of your feat! I sure am, you were absolutely badaft!"

'It was just protocols...'

"SEE?!"

Shadowglyde only sat still before switching back to Lightblade, the latter muttering a 'hey!' before coming back to them, smiling sheepishly.

"She's ... shy." She laughed lightly, and soon the whole base was filled with laughter, a happy laughter.

They all finally come down and Ioa spoke, hope in her tone as she begged Ratchet to let her go out for a drive.

"Ratchet? May I go out for a drive? I'm feeling much better now!" she pleaded.

"No."

"But-"

"Ep Ep Ep! Doctor's orders!" he scolded, making her puff her cheeks in annoyance.

"But I'm a doctor too!" she said.

"Still a no." the medic said, making her sigh in defeat, but Optimus suddenly spoke up.

"Perhaps a drive would be good for rehab old friend. I will accompany her to ensure her safety." He suggested, making Ratchet look at him before sighing and nodding along. Ioa smiled as she hopped of the berth only to receive another earful from him.

"Don't overstress yourself!" he warned as Ioa only nodded and transformed into her Maserati, honking excitedly as she finally could go for a drive and relax after so many stressful incidents. Optimus gave one last look to his team before transforming into his vehicle mode and drove off after her.

The base was silent for a moment before Miko spoke, garnering snorts, chokes and muted laughter.

"I ship it!"

A/N: YEAYY EVERYONE'S HAPPY! This chapter was to like...idk to ease the tension cus we gotta have the explanation chappy you know! Leave a comment down below on what ya think about Optimus and Ioa's dynamic. As always, thank you for reading, voting and commenting! Stay safe and healthy! Enigma signing out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 389 45
Lora is healing. The world she was pulled into only months ago fell apart, and only now is she starting to rebuild her life. But nothing is ever that...
198K 6.8K 25
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." On the outside, Brenna Morgan is just your ordinary seventeen year old girl, but on the in...
82.7K 3.5K 82
A terrified girl finds herself mixed up with three other children in a war that had somehow reached to them. Unlike the other children, she did not h...
398K 10.5K 48
Amanda Beckett liked being left alone. If she was alone, then there would be no one to leave her. Jack Darby just wanted out. Out of the small town...