The Bet (Jensoo)

By smitchie08

Kim Jisoo lived a very routinary life until one day, her best friend and roommate Rosé dealt with a certain c... More

Chapter One: The Routine Life
Chapter Two: The invite
Chapter Three: The Bet Starts
Chapter Four: The Party (Part 1)
Chapter 5: The Party II
CHAPTER 6: THE CAR RIDE
Chapter 7: Jennie's house
Chapter 8: The day after
Chapter 9: Surprise Visit
Chapter 10: What are they exactly?
Chapter 11: The Reason
Chapter 12: Weekend Getaway part I
Chapter 13: Weekend Getaway Pt 2
Chapter 14: The Catch up
Chapter 15: The office visit
Chapter 16: The Dinner
Chapter 17: Unpacking
Chapter 18: The Question
Chapter 20: The Confused Jisoo
Chapter 21: The Almost Ex-Girlfriend
Chapter 22: The Breakfast
Chapter 23: Bobby
Chapter 24: Back in Seoul
Chapter 25: The first date: Part 1
Chapter 26: The first date: Part 2
Chapter 27: Girlfriends
Chapter 28: The Sleepover
Chapter 29: The Truth

Chapter 19: The Development

295 15 1
By smitchie08

Lunch with Jennie went great and not awkward as Jisoo thought it would be. Neither of them didn't bring the question up although there were a few shy glances here and there. And just like the usual, conversations flow naturally for the both of them.

While the two of them are walking back to Jisoo's office, Jennie slowly reached for Jisoo's hand. Jisoo looked at their hands then to Jennie

"Jen?"

"Hmm?"

"Uhh what are you doing?"

Jennie stopped walking but kept a firm hold of Jisoo's hand. She then intertwined their fingers together before pulling their joined hands into her lips to kiss the back of Jisoo's palm. Jisoo's cheeks were burning the entire time and she had to look away to hide her embarrassment from Jennie.

"I hold on to things I don't want to lose." Jennie shrugged "Is this okay?" she continued, worry starts kicking in on her.

"Y-yeah, I guess so"

"You're cute when you're blushing" Jennie teased

To say that Jisoo's face is red is an understatement, her burning cheeks became even hotter because of embarrassment

"Wha – No I'm not!"

"Right, you're always cute, not just when you're blushing"

"I'm not blushing" Jisoo murmured

"It's okay Jisoo..." Jennie then brought Jisoo's hand into her chest so Jisoo could feel her rapidly beating heart "That's how my heart goes whenever I'm with you"

Jisoo cleared her throat, this girl is going to be the end of her. "As much as I want to feel your heart beating forever, I need to get back to work Jen"

That didn't go unnoticed by Jennie so she chuckled, she then guided the both of them to start walking still holding hands "I just asked you one date, Jisoo, and now you're thinking about forever"

"What – That's not what I meant!" Jisoo pouted and playfully hit Jennie on the shoulder with her free hand

"Ah! You can't take it back, because that's what I also want with you" Jennie winked at her

Jisoo rolled her eyes "Just keep walking"

After walking Jisoo back to her office, Jennie was smiling from ear to ear at how things turned out today when she suddenly bumped into someone she met a few days ago while she was on her way back to the open parking lot.

"Oh hey Jennie" the girl smiled

"Soojoo." Jennie nodded at the girl

"You seem happy, what brings you here?"

"I am, and I just had lunch with Jisoo"

"That explains the goofy smile" Soojoo nodded to herself "Speaking of my best friend, I heard that you like her and that you asked her out?" The girl asked.

Jennie sighed at the idea that almost everyone already knew about it. "I did, and if I may ask, how did you know about that?"

"I didn't mean to pry. It's just that, I visited Jisoo at her place yesterday and she seemed so out of it so I just had to ask. And you know Jisoo, she hates lying to people close to her so she told me the truth" the girl paused but Jennie kept silent. She knows that the girl is not finished yet so she let her continue "I knew you liked her the moment I met you Jennie, I think everyone who has eyes – except for Jisoo, can tell that you do, it doesn't take a genius to know it..... and you having the guts to ask her out is just wow! I'll have to give that to you"

"What do you mean?" Jennie asked, genuinely confused

"We're both close to Jisoo and honestly, a few years back, we were a lot closer than you guys are now, and I liked her too you know like how you like her, actually I still do. But I never had the courage to tell her that or even ask her out because I knew what the answer would be... well I thought I knew the answer would be" Soojo sighed but she continued "I would have asked her if I knew she'd say she'd think about it, you know?"

"But you don't know that. We don't know what she's gonna say to you or to me" Jennie argued

"You're right. Maybe I should be honest with her too"

Jennie cannot believe she's having this conversation with Soojoo. And really? Why now? When Jisoo is already confused as hell with Jennie's confession and now Soojoo wants to add up to Jisoo's list of problems and feelings to answer? This is so not gonna happen, not in Jennie's watch at least.

"Really now? You had your chance, Soojoo. Before she moved here, you could've been honest with her then. But you weren't so.... do not confuse Jisoo any more than she already is." Jennie sighed before continuing. She doesn't want to have this conversation any much longer. "I have to excuse myself now. I actually have somewhere else to be"

The other girl just nodded "Yeah me too"

-----------------------------------

Lisa walked into Jennie's office and sat on the chair across Jennie's table. "How was lunch? Any developments?"

"Don't you have work to do?" Jennie said without looking at Lisa

"I'm on my break, and I'm about to meet Chaeng in an hour so just answer the question"

Jennie sighed before closing her laptop and rubbed her forehead "It went great"

"Then why do you look like you're constipated?"

Jennie glared at her best friend "I wasn't finished" she then continued to talk "It went great, it wasn't awkward and we held hands while walking back to her office"

"Wow unnie! After months, you finally got to hold the girl's hand" Lisa teased "Wow, you've really changed unnie. The Jennie I know would probably have dumped a number of people already after sleeping with them and getting bored afterwards"

Jennie shot Lisa another glare, one that sent shivers to Lisa's spine. Lisa cleared her throat "Okay not the point of the conversation, you may continue" and gestured for Jennie to continue

"As I was saying, it was great until I bumped into Soojoo on my way to the open parking lot"

"Oohh, what did she say to you?"

"She basically just told me that she still likes Jisoo and that she'll do something about it"

Lisa rolled her eyes at the information "why now? Why didn't she do it before"

"I know that's what I said" Jennie raised her hands in frustration

"Don't sweat it unnie, she's probably just jealous that unlike her, you actually have the balls to tell the girl you like that you like her"

Despite Lisa's supportiveness, Jennie can't seem to worry about Soojoo. She knows that Jisoo knew Soojoo longer and she's scared that Soojoo might actually get Jisoo.

"Anyway" Lisa distracted Jennie from her trance "She's getting back tomorrow morning, do you have any plans yet?"

Jennie nodded "I sent her an email asking to meet up the day after you told me she'll be returning. She replied and agreed. We're having dinner tomorrow night"

"That's great unnie! But, are you planning to tell Jisoo about this?"

Jennie paused, she actually hasn't thought about that. "I actually didn't think about that. I should tell her right?"

"There's actually nothing wrong with telling her or not telling her, but I'll go with the former"

"Right, and I also don't want to hide anything from her so it's better I tell her"

"Well good luck with that. I better go, I don't want to keep the love of my life waiting for me"

"Since when did you become so cheesy. It's disgusting" Jennie made a face

Lisa feigned hurt "You should look at yourself in the mirror unnie"

"Go before I throw you out of my office"

"Hurts to backfire doesn't it?" Lisa teased before exiting the door.

-----------------------------------

The sun is still out and Jisoo is already on her way home from work. Everything seems to be working for her today. She had a good time with Jennie during lunch and she was extra productive that she managed to leave her office earlier than usual. Today is a happy day for Jisoo. And today didn't feel like the normal routine that she does every day. If she's being honest, her days became more exciting and fun ever since she met Jennie.

She was trying to open her apartment door when Rosie beat her to it. "Oh hey, Chaeng. Going out tonight?"

"Yep, dinner with Lisa. And wow, you're out early from work today" Rosie answered, smiling

"Yeah, today went great! Will you be out late?"

"I might, don't wait up for me alright?"

"Okay, have fun" Jisoo gave her best friend and also her roommate a genuine smile.

"Thank you unnie, see you later"

"See you"

Great, now Jisoo is at home alone with lots of time to kill. She wonders what to do with her spare time before sleeping, she thought of binge watching movies but she didn't feel like watching alone. She could invite a few friends over. Maybe Soojoo, she lives near.. Or Nayeon, or her other college friends. But the only person Jisoo really wanted to be with was Jennie, she's a bit embarrassed to admit that she's already missing Jennie when they were literally together just a few hours ago. She's never like this, always wanting to be with a specific person. It scares her, which is why she hesitates in inviting Jennie to come over. 'what if Jennie's busy?' she thought to herself. Jisoo tried to shake her negative thoughts away, after all, there isn't anything wrong about inviting a friend over right? So there's no need to over think

To Jendeukie: Hey Jen, u busy?

Jennie's response came almost instantaneously

Jendeukie: No, never to you. Is there something wrong?

To Jendeukie: Nothing, I was just wondering if you'd like to come over and binge watch movies with me?

Jendeukie: I'll be over there in a few minutes. Don't start without me :)

To Jendeukie: Great! I won't, drive safe.

'That went well' Jisoo thought to herself as she put her phone away to make popcorn. Looks like this day has just gotten better for Jisoo.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 8.2K 51
Captured by humans at such a young age, Lisa was locked in a cage, shackled and tortured. Forced into "human slavery" where captives like her were up...
169K 3.7K 53
Lots say, once a best friend, always a best friend. What do you say? Obstacles, it has ensued in Lisa's life ever since that man stepped into their h...
49.7K 1.6K 35
Lisa a famous dancer/rapper signs with YG Entertainment, and Rosé, who is a soloist under YG Entertainment, meet one day because of their mutual frie...
71.6K 2.7K 23
My mate is a girl?! What could go wrong? -Jensoo fan fiction-