The Concession

By Taiwolillyz

~He gave himself up to save her~ He made the wrong choice now he had to pay the price. √√√√√√√√ Careful littl... More

Brief Preview
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue
The Fate of a Survivor: Of Foes and Woes

Chapter Forty

59 14 11
By Taiwolillyz

It was today. The day the three would come; even the skies knew.

Rain fell and there was a kind of peace to it.

The sun came out and together birthed a rainbow, a beautiful creation of God meant to serve as a promise but humanity had made it something else.

Another plot of the devil that failed.

Many, hundreds of millions have turned to Christ despite most dying.

It would even seem that it was better for those that died than those that remained.

Chaos reigned among the elements;
the stars, the moon, the clouds, the sun...everything was falling to pieces, such that life could no longer be properly sustained.

William was standing on top of a hill watching everything unfold.

'The three' had come by boat instead of by plane—the air wasn't safe at the moment and as he stood there seeing humanity at its very limit, he knew that it was only a matter of days.

He'd heard about them, the three; they were a group of an extraordinary man and two women.

The things the cherished had seen God wrought through them— it seemed like a page from the very scriptures when they'd told him.

The three owned the island and had made provisions.

William had seen the excitement on Seth's face and he wondered just what kind of people the three were to have incited such a reaction from someone like him.

William exhaled feeling the soft pitter-patter of rain. It felt beautiful and so was the rainbow.

He could feel the presence of his 'friend' strongly. He made him feel alive and safe at the same time. He never felt alone and when he got scared...he was always there.

Was this what he'd been missing out on all along?

This intimacy, this warmth...this love?

The Bible was a treasure chest of soothing words, words that reached out to the deepest part of his soul.

He'd been starved of the truth and when he finally found it, he didn't want to let go.

Hope's Bible made it easy to navigate, it was almost as if she was there with him whenever he opened it.

Sighing, William got down the hill. It was time to meet them. He was excited, to be honest, he wanted to meet these extraordinary people.

Though there was residence on the island, there was still a larger part of it that was inhabited. He often found himself wandering away from camp.

He loved nature, another thing he'd shared with Hope. He tried not to think too much about her these days.

He decided to hope instead for the future.

The pain was getting easier to deal with and he thanked God for the privilege of meeting such an amazing woman.

The camp was located at the centre of the island but there was a clear path north to shore where a dock stood.

They had three boats plus the jet. The jet wasn't too far away from the hill he'd been sitting on. Beside the hill was a runway that stretched up to about 2,400 meters.

He was south to the camp and hurried to the shore but he was still about five miles away from the camp.

The rain was still falling, still soothing. It wasn't as harsh on him because of the vast canopy cover of trees above him.

Nature around him was beautiful; he breathed in the air and felt himself relax.

The ground beneath his feet was humid and fertile enough for plantation. He would discuss some of his ideas with Seth.

William stopped.

The closest tree was to his far left and one was directly facing him. Trees surrounding him for miles in every direction. Someone was watching him.

He didn't know how he knew, he just knew.

He's felt this feeling before—the feeling of unseen eyes on his body that made his hair stand on end. But as soon as he'd felt it, it disappeared.

It almost felt like—

"Betty," William mumbled.

The feeling was nearly foreign as he hadn't seen her since the day he got sucked into the void two and a half years ago...when he'd conversed with the smoke.

Ten meters directly behind him, a bird stood watch upon a tree.

It stalked him. It has for two days.

At first, he'd ignored it, until now.

William opened his mouth to talk but the voice silenced him.

Do not speak.

Huh?

'Put on the whole armour.'

William immediately did as he was told.

She's not the only one here.

William's eyes widened. What?

His heart started beating wildly.

They weren't alone?

"How many of them are they?"

'Eight.'

His heart jolted.

'Their job isn't to capture you, '

'It's to kill you.'

William balled his hands into fists.

'And not just you but everyone else on the island.'

'Tell Seth to come.' William thought frantically in his mind.

'No, believe in me.'

Fire erupted from William's body.

He was wearing armour, a helmet and he had in both hands a shield and a sword.

His eyes widened. He looked down at himself.

'What is this?'

'Speak.'

'Huh?'

'Speak!'

He didn't have time to think, the crow cawed and lunged for him claws akimbo and so did many other unknown entities that had until then, hidden in the darkness.

{¶{¶{¶{¶{¶}

Seth stood by the dock as people alighted from the ship.

True to its name as a passenger ship, the ship housed about two hundred people at least.

He wasn't expecting that many people at all, but Seth didn't have time to think about the capacity, he quickly had some men take them in and usher them to the camp. As he was doing that, he heard someone call his name.

"Seth."

Seth's eyes widened, it was them. He could already feel it, the presence of God.

They were three.

The first was a man. He was African American and had a very strict calm to himself.

'Justice.'

That was the word that came to Seth's mind as he looked at him. He looked very disciplined and seemed like the type who doesn't talk unless it was something of the utmost importance.

If he recalled correctly, he was very protective of the two women.

The women came down with smiles on their faces and Seth immediately felt a coldness in his belly.

A river was flowing. They were the twin rivers.

Everything came alive around them as the presence of God grew even more overwhelmingly.

'Peace and Truth.'

The two women smiled at him.

"It's been a long time Seth, how have you been?"

{¶{¶{¶{¶{¶}

A roar erupted into the darkness.

It wasn't enough. These souls weren't enough.

He needed more.

Fil had stood and had watched as an entire country went up in flames.

"It's not enough." He whispered.

He needed more souls, his time was nearly up.

"They know you're free my Lord and so are weary. You are still winning regardless."

"Winning?" Fil seethed. He turned to face the person that had spoken. It was Bennet.

"They keep messing with my plans, and keep 'stealing' from me," he gritted. By stealing, he meant the souls the three had managed to rescue before the desolation struck.

"this time they won't get away." Fil promised.

Bennett has been a loyal subject so far. That is why he would give him the special task next.

"Find out where they are." He said.

Bennet's eyes widened. He's been with Fil for years now and had served him long since he had Will as his vessel and would do anything he asked him to, but this one was a hard thing.

"The lights?" The three were dangerous for good reason and even Fil was afraid of them.

Fil turned to him,

"Yes, very soon I'll be able to touch them."

"In due time."

Bennett could feel the sweat dripping down the sides of his face.

He'd confronted those three once and had barely lived to tell the tale.

They had a gentle grace to them that seemed ethereal, almost transcendental.

They were prophets after all.

They carried a holy presence.

For some reason, the image of his mother flashed across his eyes then, the same women he'd personally disfigured for her crimes.

From time to time, Bennett found himself thinking about her. He hated that he did.

She was beneath him, a betrayer. He didn't know if she was still alive or dead. He shouldn't care and he wouldn't care.

After all those years, he still couldn't believe she chose Him over her own son and father.

That, that man.

That was why he hated Him. Fil had told him who the man in the cross truly was. He was a fake, he wasn't God like he claimed.

At least that was what Fil had told him.

They had resources in abundance and had joined forces with several other world leaders that were a part of the brotherhood.

They supplied them with whatever they needed, now that Fil was finally able to manifest freely as himself— as he's finished his sentence, he was wasting no time.

Bennett was looking forward to Armageddon, but there was still one last battle to be fought before then.

And it would end with the heads of the three on a platter.

He had to tell Betty about it, he wondered if she would be excited to go out again.

She's been acting strange ever since that day with that Sarah girl. He didn't know why it had had such an effect on her maybe because she had known the girl prior?

She'd vomited right after Fil had torn the girl's neck open.

Bennett sighed closing the door to the balcony giving his master his privacy.

Creatures crawled all over the walls and paintings as he walked down the hallway.

'More of them, more of them.' He thought.

Some of them didn't even hide in the shadows anymore. Most roam free in the streets now.

'You're doing well master.'

One of his servants whispered to him.

He could feel all of them inside of him. The more demons you had the more powerful you got.

There was no limit to the things you would be able to do.

He raised a hand brushing his blond hair to the side revealing his beautiful blue eyes.

He used to hate his eyes but Betty had told him she loved them, that they were beautiful.

Bennett smiled.

He wanted to be with her, even at the end of the world.

He went down the second floor to his room. The topmost floor was exclusively reserved for his master.

By the time he would open the door, he met her lying on his bed.

He felt the increase in his heartbeat.

Betty was a beautiful woman. He knew that even though he hadn't been particularly interested in relationships until recently, she was different, with her brown hair and hazel eyes.

"Richard." She called his name. He smiled.

Only his mother had ever called him that. He didn't know why he liked it though.

He sat on the bed and held her chin.

He stared into her hazel eyes.

"We're going on a trip."
.
.
.
.
.
Gaarhh! Finally!🤧
I have been battling with this here chappie for three days.

It was NOT easy😣, but God came through. I know you guys don't know me personally, but if you could pray for me, it would mean a lot.

I don't want to be lukewarm or cold, I want to keep burning for God. It is necessary in these times.

I love you all and I pray that you find God in your search for Him and for those that have found him already, may the grace of God sustain you.❤❤

From a lilly in her precious garden.❤🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 12.9K 41
A Princess who was unknown about the world outside, caged like a bird by her parents. A Prince who doesn't seems to care about the world, greedy but...
156K 5.6K 27
I had been waiting for over 200 years. I wanted the one thing everyone got, but not everyone kept. I would keep it though. It would never leave my si...
5.4K 163 13
Child, tuck yourself in bed, Let me tell a story, Of Lemuria, a kingdom past, And a girl born for glory. Lost from our world came she, Treachery gave...
13.8K 2.8K 30
"Why did you kidnap me?" she asked straight away. "You will be safer here than anywhere else," was his curt reply. "Why?" her voice hinted fear. "D...