One is Company, Two is a Shad...

By DatFandomGirl1

Hiding amongst the mountain peaks, (Y/N) (L/N) knew she would be found at some point. Whether it would be by... More

I Blame You
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52

53

2.2K 88 113
By DatFandomGirl1

         "Is it really almost done?" Russel grinned as he stood beside Fixit, the small bot focused on his project.

         "Almost, the bridge still needs tested for lugs- slugs- bugs!" He smiled sheepishly after the human hit him on the back. "I'll be able to test it in a few more minutes."

     The youth nodded vigorously before charging for the nearing Bumblebee, eyeing the two beaten looking bots behind him. Strongarm was nursing a pede while Grimlock looked like he had been scolded. Bumblebee appeared content, however, so they weren't in trouble.

         "Something happen, Strongarm?" Russel asked, raising a brow.

         "A small accident, nothing to worry about." Their leader assured with a wave of his servo, answering for the hurt femme. "How goes the bridge?"

         "Fixit says it's nearly ready to be tested!" The boy gave a smile as he jumped in his excitement. 

     When the group heard the massive device begin to power up, they gathered around, even Russel's father as he too was very excited. They watched as the swirling green and blue of the familiar sight washed across their vision. They cheered, congratulating the Minicon on his work. The group looked to Grimlock when he stopped smiling.

         "Is it supposed to make a second one?"

     They looked to where he pointed, catching sight of the ground bridge above and watching it sink closer to their portal. The bright light grew, and they closed their optics as a flash of purple appeared in the middle of the two holes.

         "Something's coming!" Strongarm alerted. Danny, Fixit and Russel hiding behind Bumblebee as a shadow appeared within the anomaly. 

         "It can't be-" Bumblebee breathed, all prepared for whatever monster may come out.

     A small form pattered its little pedes from the portal, staring silently behind its visor at the armed and attack ready Autobots. He tilted his helm, watching their confused expressions form as they lowered their weapons. These weren't familiar bots, and certainly not who he was looking for. The little creature stepped forward slowly, like a wary cat, noticing the two humans slowly poking their heads out from behind the yellow one's pede. It extended a lithe arm and digit to coax them out. Humans were so adorable. 

     The yellow one stopped them from nearing the newcomer with a large servo. 

         "Hello-" the mech greeted, watching as the little Cybertronian's visor lit up, analyzing the voice clip before a warning appeared and he transformed, flying lowly but quickly from the group.

         "What was that?" Strongarm was half panicked from the encounter, deactivating the bridge before anything else came through the purple and white portal in between.

         "It-" Bumblebee watched where it had disappeared, "It looked like... a miniature Soundwave. But it transformed into Laserbeak."

         "How could that be?" Fixit was officially panicked as he rolled around in a circle. "Laserbeak attached to Soundwave, and Soundwave was banished into the Shadow Zone!" He gasped, slowly turning his helm to look at the deactivated portal. "That was the Shadow Zone."

         "Uh," Russel scratched his head, "what's a Shadow Zone?"

     Bumblebee had Strongarm and Grimlock search for the mysterious not-Laserbeak (though not-Soundwave was also used), explaining to the two humans exactly what had happened years prior. The unfortunate happening with Miko, Jack and Raphael, how they used that little known knowledge to banish the Decepticon Communications Officer and later, the escape of the traitor, (Y/N).

         "(Y/N) is a human name." Danny noted, fisted hands on his hips. "What is a Cybertronian doing with a human name?"

     The sound of laughter met the ears and audio of the group, all peering to find this strange Soundwave look-alike waving his arms in the air as Grimlock bounced around with him on his dino-form's back plates. The big bot was equally as joyful, Strongarm cracking a smile as the small double waved at her excitedly. 

         "(Y/N)-" Bumblebee hesitated to tell that story, wondering if he should show how easily they were duped by the woman. "(Y/N) was a human, worked for M.E.C.H. before abandoning them. She was found by the Decepticons from an energon signature deep in an unknown mountain range. We still don't know where it was she was hiding before they found her, but we do know they took her in, gave her new optics since she had been attacked and lost her eyesight and made it look like she was being experimented on before we found her. She was a spy, and later returned to the Decepticons to be transformed into a Cybertronian. We don't know how, but the Decepticon scientist Shockwave was successful."

         "She was turned into the exact double of Soundwave." Strongarm nodded, having learned about the traitor and deserter. "From his visor to his very actions. The Decepticon logs aboard the Nemesis, or what was left of them, revealed they were in perfect synchronization with each other."

     Bumblebee nodded solemnly.

         "We were only fortunate her connection with Soundwave was not only through a shared wavelength of thought but also a shared feeling. When he disappeared through the Shadow Zone portal, she followed after him, likely finding him and reuniting. Less problems for us since they were officially banished and forever trapped."

         "You mean, they both have just been roaming Earth like- like ghosts?" The group shivered at the idea, then peered at their still silent guest.

     The smaller being was taller than Danny, its little shoulders bobbing as if he were laughing, but no sound came from his vocals. If he had any. When he caught sight of Bumblebee, the creature shrunk behind Grimlock's back, suddenly shy.

         "It seems to recognize you." Russel noted. "This Laserbeak, maybe he could transform?"

         "No." Fixit answered, rolling closer to the Dinobot as their guest climbed down gracefully to inspect the Minicon. "Laserbeak became compact to attach to Soundwave's torso, like a plate of armor. This guy I think is a completely different organism."

     Their newcomer poked at the small bot, Fixit chuckling as he was tickled. The look-alike seemed friendly enough, though took a step back if Bumblebee neared him at all, even if his visor was solely focused on Fixit. This made the leader think. 

     If this was not Laserbeak, yet held the visage of both the Minicon and its master, who was he?

         "What's your name?" Russel neared the bigger being, despite his father's outstretched hand to keep him close.

     The bot snapped its attention to the human, tilting his helm as his screen lit up to analyze the voice clip. The screen went black, the smaller Soundwave frozen for a minute before picking up the youth, making all around either freeze or cry out with concern. The smaller bot merely hugged the boy close before answering.

         -/I am/Blastwave/-

         "Whoa, you speak through recordings! Who was the girl?" Russel watched his shoes dangle in the air.

         "That was (Y/N)," Bumblebee's optics had widened, "her vocal processors must have been fixed in her time here on Earth. They didn't work when we last saw her."

     Blastwave nodded, perking up at the mention of the traitorous femme. He set the human male down, letting him step back. The small mech smiled behind his visor at the boy. Humans were so cute. The look-alike transformed, hovering low enough for the human mech to climb on.

         -/Take to the skies!/-

     The Autobots cringed at the use of Megatron's own voice, but Russel was unfazed as he climbed on to the back of his newfound friend's avian form. 

         "Russel, no, wait!" Danny tried to stop the two, but they were already taking off. 

     Bumblebee realized the bot's Laserbeak form was silent, unlike the infamous whistle of the original. He did not believe Russel was in danger, however, watching as the two flew around the perimeter of the junk yard. The boy was safe, but the sudden sound of a ground bridge appearing behind the group did not bode well for the Autobots. 

     Snapping around in alarm, Bumblebee readied his weapons immediately, knowing full well there would not be a miniature of anyone coming through the purple and white portal. They huddled together, once again ready for battle as the grown human and Minicon were hid behind them. 

         "Why did you turn the machine back on?" Grimlock hollered at Fixit.

         "I didn't!" The orange bot defended, the group ducking as a pair of unmanned, military drones flew out, curving up in perfect synchronization before transforming and landing in crouched positions. 

     A pair of blackened visors stared, both purple, both menacing and both livid. The two held up their weapons, both small blasters within their lithe arms aimed at the group of three larger Cybertronians. The portal behind them disappeared, keeping the enemies in the physical world mirroring their home for many years. All was quiet, the darker form of the two Decepticons taking a step forward.

         "Where is he?" She spoke menacingly, the clear ring of the voice Bumblebee once called an ally making his energon boil.

         "Where is who?" The young leader spat.

         "Do not toy with me, Autobot. Where is our son?"

     That revelation made them all freeze, lowering their guard enough for Soundwave's extendable appendage to flash by and steal away the oldest human of the group. Russel's father dangled by his foot, held out from the lighter colored mech as if he were some contaminated rag. The man squeaked as he realized just how far he was from the ground.

         "H-hang on-" Danny started poorly, "I thought Cybertronians didn't reproduce like humans?"

         "We don't," Strongarm returned to her battle stance, "so the traitor is lying."

     The purple femme's helm turned down a fraction before a dangerously loud screech came from both enemies, nearly rupturing Danny's ear drums and forcing the bots to their knees. The offensive sound only stopped when the sight of Russel and his avian formed friend came rushing in. Soundwave dropped the boy's father to the ground as Russel landed in the dirt once Blastwave drooped to the earth. The Laserbeak look-alike swooped back up before transforming and falling into (Y/N)'s arms, who held said Minicon on her chassis.

     Russel hugged his father before they looked up, watching as the feared Decepticons cuddled each other. Blastwave nuzzled into his mother figure's neck cables, holding Soundwave's digit. They seemed to be having a silent conversation as the little one nodded. Something must have been asked because he pointed at Russel eagerly. The smaller triple of the two fell through a small groundbridge, landing by the boy's side and picking him up again, hugging him gently. 

         "So Blastwave knows you, big deal," Grimlock muttered, "I say we pound 'em!"

     A small explosion suddenly threw the Dinobot's helm to the side, all looking to Blastwave as he pointed his arm at the bigger bot. His visor lit up with an angry frowny face, still holding Russel with the other arm.

         "Autobots inferior," his small childish voice came from his vocals, "Parental units, superior."

         "Come, Blastwave," (Y/N) called, "leave the human here, you have two others at home."

         "You've kidnapped humans?" Bumblebee growled.

         "You're making our patience and mercy dwindle," Soundwave ground out, all staring at the revelation of the mech's naturally low, staticky voice, "cross us again, and we will take him without hesitation."

         "According to Cybertronian orders-"

         "We are well aware of the Cybertronian Peacekeeper's code, Cadet Strongarm," (Y/N) interrupted disrespectfully, "and we adhere to no law but our own. You have neither the will power, computing capability nor strength to bring us in for trial for our crimes." She pointed a well-aimed canon at the smallest of their group, Fixit having been trying to sneak away to possibly alert Optimus Prime somehow.

     Soundwave lifted their little miracle from the Earth once Blastwave had set Russel back on the ground. The smaller mech hugged his father figure's neck cables enthusiastically, chittering through their father and son bond about the wonderful time he had flying with Russel on his back. Soundwave merely hummed back, the vibration making his mechling calm himself and stare back at the Autobots.

         "Fine," Bumblebee stood up straight, looking as if he'd let them go in peace, "but on one condition. You tell us how Blastwave came to be." 

     (Y/N) stared at the singular digit the once-scout held up in symbolism for that condition. Internally she chuckled, knowing full well they would never be able to recreate the miracle her and Soundwave cherished. 

     Blastwave giggled in their bond, knowing full well how he was created. He recalled the bright light of life beckoning his new consciousness forward as his parental units bonded. Their sparks had combined, then separated into three parts, creating him. It was the only trace of (Y/N)'s reproductive abilities, and she was likely to be able to do it again if she wished. Blastwave was placed in a constructed body, carefully crafted by his creators, and he had been a happily growing mechling ever since. The two Cybertronians still had yet to figure out how exactly he was able to grow as a human youngling would.

         "You and I both know that in the wrong servos, that information would cause great complication." (Y/N) answered, stepping closer to her lover and son. "We will be leaving whether you like it or not."

     Bumblebee waited before lunging at the three with Strongarm and Grimlock close behind. The doubles merely activated a groundbridge each, jumping over the group and landing in front of the swirling triple portal that led to their home. Blastwave threw his arms in the air as he enjoyed the ride, making both parental figures smile softly behind their visors. Soundwave cradled him as they stepped back through the portal, but the mischievous mech climbed over his shoulder and waved to Russel, the boy unsure whether he should wave back or not. When Blastwave was dissatisfied with the human's reaction, he lifted his tiny visor, revealing adorable red optics over a childish smirk. Russel smiled and waved back after a moment as the mechling winked, placing his visor back on before the others could see.

     When the three passed through the portal, it disappeared, leaving them in the duller dimension of the Shadow Zone. Soundwave set their little miracle on the ground, the three transforming once Laserbeak detached from (Y/N)'s chassis to fly alongside the youngling. They travelled through the air, escaping the panicked atmosphere the Autobots held and landing many miles away near a deep cavern. 

     (Y/N) watched as Blastwave took off toward the carefully constructed human quarters imbedded in the wall of rock and ore. A small canine yapped excitedly as Alexis, a young girl and her friend Sari (who was younger) appeared from the metal door. They cheered as their friend took out a new blanket from his subspace, bouncing as they giggled. He took off his visor, showing his wide grin as he brought out an Xbox and its games as well. The last from his little cache was junk food, something both parental units shook their helms about. 

     They did not reveal their features to the two humans they kept, stepping away and sliding the carefully crafted door to their shared quarters shut. 

     Soundwave hugged his weeping Conjunx once they entered, sliding her visor off so her lubricants did not cloud the inside. They embraced each other, relief and stress clawing at their bond. 

         "We almost lost him-" (Y/N) shivered at the thought of truly losing their child, their sparkling. "Soundwave the Autobots would have torn him away from us!"

     The male double soothed his femme, running a digit across her back plates gently as he shushed her softly, beginning to sway side to side. He listened to her lubricant tears plip on his armor, watching from Laserbeak's view as Blastwave played with the two human femmes. He was safe now.

         "Blastwave is no longer in danger." He assured in his rough, metallic voice, making the femme shiver in pleasure at the seldom heard sound. "He is home with us, and his human pets are keeping him occupied."

     She nodded, relaxing in his gentle hold as they swayed quietly. Yes, Blastwave was safe now. He had run off during a game of hide and seek, but his boundaries, as always, had been everywhere he could run or fly without exhausting himself. The two hadn't realized he had left the Shadow Zone until he sent a picture of Bumblebee.

        "Soundwave," (Y/N) raised her helm to look into the visor of her lover, needing no words to let him know what she was feeling as the bond tickled and thrummed with pure adoration and longing to see his faceplate again. He rarely kept his visor on anymore, unless the humans were within hearing or visual range. They were outside the door, conversing with Blastwave, so the mech reached with a tendril, locked the lovely door he and his sparkmate had created and reached for his visor.

     Blastwave giggled at his friends, telling them about Russel and his father. The two girls giggled with him, feeling sorry for the boy Blastwave had to leave behind. They were well cared for with fresh fruits and vegetables from the garden Soundwave and (Y/N) grew, numerous different kinds of snacks their larger friend brought them and a copious number of luxuries some humans wished they had (amongst these being a pool, Cybertronian gadgetry and vehicles as well as an endless supply of adventure).

         "I say we kidnap him!" Sari spouted out, being the bad influence on Blastwave.

         "No," the older girl shook her head, "that would be too far. He has a father. Maybe if his dad was brought with him, it wouldn't be an issue."

         "Ew- no way, I don't want a grownup telling me what to do!" Sari stuffed her mouth with a handful of chips, earning an eyeroll from Alexis.

         "What do you think, Blastwave?" Both humans watched their captor intently.

     The mechling thought a moment, knowing full well being separated from a parent was horrible. The two human pets he adored had been on their own. Alexis was living in a tent on a street corner while Sari's adoptive father was a real scrapheap. Blastwave suddenly grinned, flicking his adorable red optics to the two.

         "Secret playdates are always fun."

To see more of Blastwave, feel free to read "Blastwave's Playdate" in Assorted Short Stories!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 446 21
This is the second book and continuation of 'TFP human.' Everything seems fine for the Autobots but Megatron gets mad for them taking the relic and...
27.9K 929 28
Many ages ago there was once an order known as the Palatonic Guardians. These Guardians are shrouded in mystery and haven't been seen since the begin...
28K 970 15
Y/D is the last of the original predacons, but no one knows it because he learned to transform. He's remained in hiding ever since the Great Cataclys...
167K 4.5K 37
Lora Creed, a 15 year old girl, comes across a lost Cybertronian relic in the middle of Jasper, Nevada. She is totally unaware of what will happen to...