Red Dragon of Remnant.

By ZBX6779

dxd and rwby crossover. If you don't know dxd or rwby then go watch it before reading. I don't own the charac... More

part 1: 12x the heart break.
part 2: gone
part 3: what's left behind.
part 4: new start.
part 5: getting to know each other.
part 6: fangs and a dance.
part 7: the tournament and battle.
part 8: time apart.
part 10: the lamp.
part 11: Argus and the abominations
part 12: atlas.
part 13: huntsmen.
part 14: missions
part 15: changing sides.
part 16: dragon vs hound
part 17: the truth comes out.
part 18: war and pain.
part 19: a dragon's fury and feelings.
part 20: burned out
part 21: progress
part 22: bonding
part 23: confrontation & peace
part 24: dxd & NSFW
part 25: NSFW and the underworld.
part 26: it's time.
part 27: one big family
part 28: games and time skip.
part 29: emotional epilogue.
BONUS CHAPTER

part 9: found you.

9.8K 123 150
By ZBX6779

In the dxd verse.

Lady Yasaka has been notified of Issei's situation. She's devastated to the point her control over the ley lines in Kyoto was nearly lost. Every yokai including her daughter are concerned, they go check on her and see that she's extremely upset.

Kouno: mother! What upset you?!

She's really worried.

Yasaka: sweetie *sniff* mother has some tough news.

Kouno: ..what is it?

Yasaka: Issei was hurt deep inside recently...

Kouno: big brother.... Where is he? Maybe I can cheer him up.

Yasaka: he's not around... He's in a different world...

Kouno: what? I...I don't understand.. is he...dead?

Tears welled up in her eyes. It hurt everyone to see both mother and daughter cry.

Yasaka: no no he's alive. He's in a different dimension by choice... He went through too much so he's on vacation of sorts.

Kouno: *sniff* ....he didn't say goodbye....

Ophis: I'm sorry little one....

Yasaka's eyes widen after seeing Ophis appear.

Kouno: who..are you?

Ophis: I'm Ophis.. Issei's friend.

Kouno: do you know where he is?

Ophis: yes. He's in a different world. He's trying to get better.

Kouno: why didn't he say goodbye?

Ophis: he didn't want to hurt you by saying goodbye. He feared that if he did then you might think he's leaving for good...

Kouno: *sniff* .... I... Don't really get it but... I hope he comes back soon.

Ophis: once he heals, I'm sure he'll come back.

Kouno hugs Ophis and they stay like that for a while. When Vali found out, he confronted Ophis.

Vali: Ophis either you bring him back or send me there! I'm going to kill that coward!

Ophis got angry and flicked his head, he was sent flying through the air and skipped on the dirt like a stone on water.

Ophis: your first mistake is demanding anything from me and your second one is wanting to kill my friend. I don't want to hurt a fellow dragon but I will if I must. Know your place Lucifer.

Vali struggles to get up but manages.

Vali: why did he run?

Ophis: ......he had no other choice.

Vali: what?

Ophis: ... No point in telling you, you're not the type to show sympathy.
He does have a message for you.

Vali: what did he say?

Ophis: "the rivalry is over. Feel however you want about it."

He is now really angry.

(Vali: Albion can you convince her to tell us where hyoudo is?

Albion: I doubt it. Ophis made up her mind.

Vali: THAT BITCH)

Ophis: he plans to return when he's ready.

Vali: he better or I'm coming after him!

Ophis tapped him on the head and he went straight down with great force.

Ophis: ....hmm I fear I may have given you brain damage....oh well. You weren't that smart to begin with so no difference is made. Farewell.

She disappears. The rest of Vali's team found out what Ophis did. They couldn't believe it so they went to talk to her, she confirmed the information and then they asked why she did it. She told them what had happened, Kuroka really liked Issei and asked her to let her see Koneko. She obliged.
The 11 are still in their cells, Kuroka marched right into Koneko's cell and faced her.

Koneko: ... Kuroka?

Kuroka: did you do it? Cheat on him?

Her question made the women cry including Koneko. Kuroka was getting more anxious by the second.

Kuroka: tell me Shirone! Did you do it?!!

Koneko: *sniff* y..yes..

Slap!!

Kuroka: I've never been so disappointed in you until now! How could you?

Koneko: IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

Kuroka: CHEATING IS A CHOICE! NEVER AN ACCIDENT! WERE YOU DRINKING TOO?

She nods.

Kuroka: drinking and cheating on the one man who changed our lives for the better. *Sniff*.... Why did you lead him on all this time only to hurt him?

Xenovia: WE DIDN'T MEAN TO!

Rossweisse: WE LOVE HIM TOO!

Kuroka: BULLSHIT!!

Koneko flinched at her outburst.

Kuroka: *sniff* if none of you truly loved him then why toy with him like that? He was in love with you all! You could have just told him "no" from the start. I'm in love with him, I wanted to confess and be with him if he wanted.... *Sniff* now he's gone..... AND WE MAY NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN!!

They all started to cry.

Kuroka: lady Yasaka, her daughter and all of Kyoto weeps. Do you have any idea how important and loved he is by nearly everyone who knows about him? Even OPHIS misses him! She feels genuine emotions for the first time in her eternal life all thanks to him! She wiped out the terrorists for him because he's a friend...... *Sniff* Ophis won't let anyone see him or tell us where he is.... I can't see the love of my life because you all betrayed him..... He couldn't even say goodbye in person..... You all deserve to be here and what Ophis did to you.... I'm disgusted by all of you including you Shirone!

She basically ran out and started crying, she slows down then breaks down completely. Arthur, la fey and Bikou comfort her the best they can.
Irina misses Issei dearly, she spends time with his parents and ignores Asia. She couldn't even look at her. One morning she goes to the local park and sees Vali sitting there.

Irina: if you're looking for Issei...

Vali: I know he's not in our dimension... Ophis told me.... I'm not here to fight.

Irina sits next to him.

Irina: then why are you here?

Vali: ...... I don't know.

Irina: .......

Vali: what are the 3 factions doing since the chaos brigade is gone?

Irina: .... Missing him...

Vali: ..... Sorry about trying to kill you all...

Irina: ?!!??!!!?!?!?

Vali: ....take care of his family and yourselves.

He got up but Irina grabbed his hand. She made him sit back down.

Irina: Vali.. if you try anything...

Vali: I won't because there's nothing left. My rivalry was the only thing that I had.... Now he's gone and there might not be another red dragon emperor...

Irina: he's not dead...

Vali: feels like he is... The world seems dull now..

Irina: you miss him don't you?

Vali: hmp....

Irina let out a small chuckle then a few tears.

Irina: I miss him too.

He tried to get up but she didn't let go.

Irina: please....stay? Just a little longer?

Vali: ........ Sure... Not like I have anything better to do.

Irina: thanks Vali.... *Sniff*

Vali:.... Sure... No problem...

In Remnant.

For the next 6 months.
Ruby and Yang train together and go through their books to make sure they don't get left behind.

JNPR trained, worked and enjoyed their time together. Pyrrah tried to use ice, wind and earth magic and did exactly that. She taught herself different combinations, for example, when uses wind to create a small twister in her hands and added earth for heavy hits, the rocks flying at over a 100mph are dangerous, ice wind would freeze and cut down the opponents, a fire twister would burn. Ozpin would watch and help her along with her team. Weiss is a rising star in Atlas, she and Winter are evenly matched, Weiss learned to do exactly what Ddraig envisioned. Armoured summons. She took down different grimm such as Nevermores, beowulf, sabers (saber tooth tiger grimm) etc to add to her arsenal. However her ever increasing skills and power made the other students hate her but she didn't care, she has her sister and her friends from beacon supporting her, none of the students dare try to mess with her cause they know that she can take them down. Ironwood already considers her a candidate for the ace ops one day, she's cooperative, open minded, a team player, level headed etc. The complete opposite of what she was nearly a year ago. Ironwood feels more and more relieved that he took Issei's deal, not only is he a powerful ally but Weiss also plans to join the military one day. He investigated Jacque's mining operations and found every violation in the book, he was arrested and his now ex wife Willow took over, the faunus were compensated, they still choose to work in the mines and she made sure it was under the best conditions, it improved efficiency and production to the point where she recovered the money she lost in compensation and then some. All this happened in just 6 months. Beacon is almost repaired along with Atlas's image. The SDC is now seen more faunus friendly and the controversy around it is subsiding.

JNPR wasn't all work and no play. They along with RWBY and Issei would share photos, videos, current events. Nora made Jaune cosplay.

Later team JNPR moved to Mistral. Jaune's grandparents wanted a change of scenery and the increase of crime in Vale was upsetting them. Jaune's elder sister Saffron, her wife Terra-cotta Arc and their son Adrian wanted to move to Argus because of a new job Saffron has. He though he could visit and spend time with his nephew and his grandparents could see their great grandson before they do.

In Menagerie.

Issei had learned to fish thanks to the residents of the village, he found it to be an almost serene experience. He would catch some good fish and sell them for some quick cash. Any small wish weren't really valuable so he would toss them back into the water. Sometimes he would just sit by the water with some beach supplies, it was so clear in the shallow areas, he could almost see the sea life and the corals. Today, he is doing just that.

Issei: I've been here for months and I'm still not bored of this.

Ddraig: why don't you go for a swim? You've got nothing better to do and it would be refreshing.

Blake: I hope you know how to swim.

Issei: what the?! Where did you come from?!

Blake: I'm naturally stealthy. So, up for a swim?

Issei: I'd like that.... I'm curious about something.

Blake: no, just because I'm a cat faunas, doesn't mean I hate the water.

Issei: Blake, I'm not Yang. I wasn't going to ask that.

Blake: oh, then what are you curious about?

Issei: ... I'll let you know if I find it. Let's do it.

He took off his shirt, revealing his well toned physique. Blake has been around Issei for months now, she's comfortable around him and that's why she didn't mind taking off her clothes infront of him. Issei on the other hand, looked away.

Blake: so, what do you think of my swimsuit? It's okay, you don't have to be shy around me.

Issei didn't say that he liked it, his smile of approval shows it. Blake smiled back as she knew she had picked the right one.

Issei: ladies first.

Blake: such a gentleman ~

She teased as she tossed her sun hat on to the sand and jumped into the water. She came back up seconds later.

Blake: what are you waiting for?

He smirked as he flew up and then dived down. He folded in his wings and grabbed his shorts with one hand. He dived down into the water and a small splash hits Blake in the face.

Blake: hahaha show off.

She immediately felt two arms lift her out of the water and into the air, she heard wings flap and knew that Issei lifted her up.

Blake: I... Issei!... I'll fall!

Issei: I've seen you jump off of building. This is far safer than landing on the solid ground... So.... See ya next fall.

Blake knew he was about to drop her.

Blake: Issei, let's fall in together.

He froze, she said 'fall in' but he misheard her and thought she said 'fall in love', he immediately came to his senses when he felt Blake shift and swan dive into the water with grace, he saw her wink at him and he dived down after her. They were high up so he had time to catch up to her, they hit the water together and started to swim. It was fun for them both, Issei would check the sea floor because he was searching for oysters, if Remnant had oysters then he would find pearls. He still hasn't seen anything in the fish markets or the jewelry stores he's been around. Blake noticed that he was indeed searching for something but kind of feeling ignored. They two then came up for air.

Blake: Issei, what are you looking for?

Issei: like I said, if I find it. I'll let you know.

Blake: come on, I.... thought we were having fun together...

Issei: .... Sorry, you're right. Sorry for ignoring you. I'll make it up to you.

Blake: oh? How do you plan on that?

Issei: hmm....

He dove down quickly and she couldn't see him, the water is darker because they are a but further out now.

Blake: Issei?!

She saw a green flash in the water below her.

Blake: huh?

She then feels two arms wrap around her, one is a normal arm and the other is metallic. She knows it's him and he's straddling her but she didn't mind it. She actually kind of liked it. His gentle hands that had saved her are embracing her.

Issei: here's how I'm going to make it up to you.

He spreads his wings and they take off, they didn't fly up. They stayed just inches above the water, Blake could see her reflection and she touched the water as it flew above it. This is like flying in a dream. She's flown in his arms before but this feels different, feels better. She felt special and happy around him. She held on to his arms and felt the air on her skin and hair. Issei would slowly turn back to the shore, the salty sea air had dried their bodies and hair, upon reaching the shore, he set her down gently a part of her didn't want it to end but eventually, all good things do.

Issei: had fun?

Blake: more than I thought I would.... Thank you.

Issei: what are friends for?

She didn't show it but it was a little tough for her when she heard him say that they are friends. She knows that he's hurt and put her feelings aside for his sake.

Blake: well, still. Thank you. See you back at the house. I've got a book to finish reading.

Issei: I've already read the one you're reading, Dr. Drake Ramore has...

Blake: don't. You. Dare. Spoil. It.

Issei: hehehehe.

Blake: ...pft...hahaha... Alright, see you at the dinner table. It's my turn to cook tonight.

Issei: alright. I'll see you later.

She smiled, picked up her hat and clothes and left right after. Issei tooled back into the water and jumped in. He looked around for oysters and after searching for a bit, he finally found one. He picked it up and came up for air. He used the gauntlet's claws to pry it open and he found what he had hoped to find. Pearls, but not just any pearls, black pearls.

Issei: such a beauty.

Ddraig: aye, that she is.

Issei: I'm... talking about the pearl.

Ddraig: I'm not and you know she's..

Issei: Ddraig... Please...

Ddraig: alright then Issei, do as you see fit.

Issei knows what Ddraig is talking about and he feels bad for ignoring Blake earlier. He got out of the water, dried himself off using a towel. He pit on his shirt and packed his things, he went to the belladonna home where he continues to stay. He put his stuff in his room and went to find Blake, he knocked on her bedroom door.

Blake: come in.

He opened the door and entered. Blake is sitting on her bed, wearing a bath robe and her hair is wrapped in a towel.

Issei: I found it.

Blake: found what?

Issei: this.

He shows her the pearl.

Blake: what...is that?

Issei: it's called a pearl and black ones are rare. They are usually used in jewellery and can be valuable where I'm from. Take it.

He handed it over to her and she felt it, it had a shinny and smooth surface to the touch.

Blake: it's... beautiful.

Issei: this is what I was looking for, I want you to have it. You and your family have welcomed me into your home, this is a way of saying thank you.... Although one pearl isn't enough to repaying you or your parents for letting me stay.

Blake: Issei.... I don't know what to say... But... You found this .. it's yours.

Issei: what am I going to do with it? Black is more your colour. I'm sure you can keep it as a decor piece. Well, see you later. I'm going with the chief on the usual inspection of the village.

He quickly left the room, Blake knows he's dodging anything related to feelings and relationships but right now, she let it be. She's happy that he's thinking about her among other things, it's how he shows his appreciation. She looks at the black pearl and then towards her dresser. She walked over to it, she sees a transparent ring box, she took out the ring and replaced it with the pearl, she placed the ring in about box. She kept the pearl somewhere safe in her room.

Blake: you really are a one of a kind guy, Issei.

With Issei and Ghira.

The two had walked around the village, Issei had adapted to the humble lifestyle and routine really quickly, it has a relaxing atmosphere at night. It was quiet and peaceful. He needed that and it help him. Nothing new in the village and no Grimm sightings.

As time went by, Ghira wanted to see if Issei was enjoying himself. He cares for him not only because he protected his daughter but he took down Adam and didn't make a move on her.

Ghira: so Issei, what do you think of our home?

Issei: it's beautiful sir. This village is the perfect description of the word "home".

Ghira: glad you like it...... Issei, tell me what Adam did to Blake and what you did to him. It's been some time now so I think it's safe to talk about it.

Issei: well... He planned the attack along with a few others named Cinder Fall, Emerald Sustrai, Mercury Black and possibly others in the shadows. They planned to attack beacon and hacked Atlas robotic forces, they somehow even got grimm to attack us. Adam found Blake during the battle, she fought hard... He stabbed her and she was bleeding. Her teammates Yang and Ruby found her just before he could kill her. They distracted him long enough for me to get there. They took Blake to a friend who's semblance can amplify one's aura and heal injuries faster, she lost some blood so they took her to the hospital immediately after she was in less danger.. after that...... I fought Adam... I...

Ghira: go on.

Issei: I toyed with him and then I broke him. His body and mind will never recover.... I'm not sure if I went too far or not far enough for what he did to not just Blake but many before.

Ghira: what did you do to him?

Issei: Broken arms, jaw, skull broken beyond full repair. I used him as a bargaining chip and told the white fang to go back or he pays the price. They didn't listen and they shot at me, they missed but two bullets hit Adam, one in the shoulder and one in the knee. I broke off his horns and basically turned him human. The thing he hates the most. I... crippled him..

Ghira: .......

Issei: I understand if you're disturbed by it.

Ghira: I'm not disturbed. I'm happy.

Issei: after what I did to a fellow faunas?

Ghira: he stopped being one of us the moment he hurt Blake. Thank you for making sure he never does that again. A part of me wants to hang the horns as decorative pieces over the fire place. Do you have them?

Issei: sorry Chief. Afraid I don't. I couldn't stand the sight of them, just reminded me of my brutality.... I went down to his level..

Ghira: people like him don't learn by any other means. Issei I want to thank you for what you did.

Issei: !!! Why?... After what I did..?

Ghira: you saved my daughter and took down a corrupt leader. If I had the chance I would have murdered him for what he did to Blake. You saved me for the dark side of vengeance that is if he didn't kill me first... As much as I hate him, I have to admit he's very strong.

Just then Issei remembered saving Kiba from a dark fate.... Saving someone who betrayed him.

Divide

He clutches his head and takes deep breaths. Ghira realized he brought back a memory with his words but he questioned why doing a good thing would cause him pain. He put his hand on Issei's shoulder and he calms down. One more deep breath and he's okay.

Ghira: it seems I involuntarily triggered a memory you don't want. I'm sorry.

Issei: no need to apologize. I'm okay. Thank you for your concern.

Ghira: glad you're okay now... So... Do you like my daughter?

Issei: as a friend and teammate sir.

Ghira: I see. Blake is right about your cooking. You shared your sushi with the locals and now we have a new culinary art. You trained with the next generation of protectors as well. Never a dull moment for the past half year.

Issei: it's been almost 6 months already....

During the nights when he can't sleep he goes out for a walk, smokes a cigarette or two. The burning end is the only dim light source in the beach, he always smoked it there, the waves washed away the ashes each time. Blake would notice this from time to time, he would sing in a low voice in the dead of night, Blake could hear him singing a sad song because she followed him, tonight is one of those nights. He can see the reflection of the broken moon in the water, like a mirror.

Issei: mirror.... Tell me something... Tell me who's the loneliest of all... Mirror... What's inside of me? Tell me, can the heart be turned to stone? Mirror Mirror, what's behind you, save me from the things I see. I can keep it from the world, why won't you let me hide from me .. mirror.... mirror, tell me... something... who's the loneliest of ..aaalllllllllll?. *Sniff*.

He started to cry, she heard him try really hard to muffle them, he inhaled deeply from his cigarette and it was slowly helping.
She had enough and approached him, he sensed her presence and calmed himself.

Blake: that was beautiful.

Issei: ...thanks.

Blake: ...you can fight, cook and sing. You are a man of many talents...

Issei: ... flattery won't work. Honesty will. You can't sleep either?

Blake: ...no. beacon is almost fixed, soon we have to go back..... You were crying just a minute ago.

Issei: no no no.. it's just allergies from the hay pile over there.

He pointed at the hay pile next to a closed stall. She looked at it then back to him.

Blake: Issei I can tell something is bothering you...

Issei: *sigh* we all have our demons Blake... Enough said.

(Blake: best to change topics).

Blake: the devil has his demons?

Issei: hahaha Yang would have made the same joke.

Blake: ....even when she isn't here..she is.. *sigh*.

Issei: yeah she leaves a lasting impression.

Blake: so what did my dad talk to you about the night we came here?

Issei: just what I did to you know who. He showed me around. I earned a fair bit helping the people here. I like doing clean honest work.... It feels nice.

Blake: so....

Issei: we're being watched.

Blake: what?

Issei: I sense someone hiding behind the bushes. Pretend you didn't notice, there might be others at your parents house.

Blake: mom and dad...

Issei: grab my arm tightly. I'm gonna fly us there but you'll feel the g-force.

She nodded. Grabs his arm and flies straight up then to the house. Blake saw the figure come out of hiding and run after them. They reached the house and it's dark..too..dark. Weapons ready for anything, they slowly enter.

Blake: mom? Dad?

No response. Issei suddenly stood infront of Blake and blocked an attack. The opponent jumped back into the darkness. Blake turned on the lights and saw a girl wearing a grimm mask and brown hair tied in a pony tail.

Blake: Issei go find my parents, I'll take care of this one.

Issei: right.

He leaves.

Blake: Ilia you know it's over.

The opponent now named Ilia attacks her, Blake dodges and backflips to the light switch.

A crashing sound gets their attention and they see a faunus wearing a hood go through a wall, Ghira jumped through the hole in the wall, his claws extended and he let out a roar. He sees Blake.

Ghira: are you alright?

Another faunus holding a dagger comes out of the hole and stabs him in the back.

Ghira: AAAHH!

Blake: DAD!

Ghira grabbed the faunus on his back and threw him into the other, Ilia took advantage of Blake being distracted and kicked her, she hit her head on a table is knocked out. One of the hooded faunas charged at Ghira, they cocked their fists and swung, each fist collided with the other and are evenly matched at first but Ghira began to over power him, the other one took out a dagger and charges at him while letting out a war cry, Ghira dodges and is now fighting two of them. One jumps to try to get on top of him but he grabbed him and threw him at the other. The first one sees Ilia just standing there.

1st hood: Ilia what are you doing? Fight!

Both hooded faunas get up, one takes out his dagger and it turns red, it's infused with fire dust, he tries to stab him but Ghira grabs it and fires the fire dust at the other faunus, he's sent flying into the wall.

1st hood: brother!!!

He runs to his brother and sees that he's injured, he gets mad and goes for the kill, Issei jumps out of the wall and tackles the faunus. He sees Ilia just standing there and Blake now regaining consciousness.

Ghira: stop her!

Issei: right!

He readies ascalon and Ilia readies her gun whip, she fired one shot after another but he blocked them using ascalon, he grabbed the red katana from his waist and tried to cut her down, she raised her weapon, Issei damaged her weapon and forced her against a pillar, he swings ascalon.

Blake: Issei no!!

He misses and cuts the pillar in half.
Ilia is scared for her life. She sees the red katana and recognized it, it belonged to Adam, she looks back at Issei and sees his wings and glowing green eyes. The devil of beacon is right infront of her.

Blake: please... Stop.

They both look at her, she sheds two tears, she didn't want two of her friends killing the other. Issei backed down and puts his weapons away, Ghira takes down the other faunus and looks back at them. The pillar stats to crack and it spreads to the top, a large piece of the support beam starts to fall on her, Ghira immediately tries to save her, he stops the large beam but it's too heavy, his wound is just making it more difficult.

Issei: promote to rook!

He runs up right next to Ghira and lifts the beam with ease, even Ghira is impressed as the burden is lifted, he fell to his knees. One of the faunas got up.

Faunus: you...ruined EVERYTHING!

He picked up his dagger and went to kill Ghira, Blake used her ribbon to grab her father and pulled him to safety. The faunus fell right where Ghira was a second ago, right under the beam, Issei squeezed his hand and the beam broke apart, shards and splinters fly. One of the halves landed on the faunus and pinned him to the floor. The other faunus got up again and tried to run, Issei threw the other half beam and him and it hit him hard enough to send him flying out the door. The noise woke up the neighbors and they saw the house on fire.

Issei: are you alright sir?

Ghira: I'll be alright... Wait.. where's my wife?

Kali casually walks through a different door while dragging an unconscious bat faunas. They then all face Ilia but her eyes are on Issei who casually lifted a massive support beam and broke it in half by simply squeezing his hand.

Ilia: ... I .. surrender.

Issei: smart, Ilia, right?

She nods.

Issei: you're Blake's friend so I won't do anything to hurt you....for now. Blake, stop her if she tries to run.

Blake: what are you going to do?

Issei: help the chief.

Boost boost.

He places his hand on Ghira's back and transfers the power, his aura amplified and started to heal his injury.

Kali: what....?

Ghira: how did you do that?

Issei: it's my semblance. Focus your aura on the wound. It'll heal faster.

Ghira focused his Aura and the wound was healing faster and faster. In under a minute it healed.

Ghira: wow... Thank you Issei.

Issei: no problem.

He throws ice dust into the fire above and it reacts to it, it turns into ice then water, it rained down and put out the rest of the fire.

??: Chief?!!

One of the villagers comes inside the house.

Faunus: are you alright? We saw the house on fire and saw this guy go flying out the door.

He brought the faunus assailant with him all tied up.

Ghira: we're alright. Thank you for your concern.

He nods and leaves to tell the villagers that everything is alright.

Kali: let's get the other one before the beam crushes him.

Issei lifts the beam and pulls the faunus to the side, they tie up the two.
Issei slaps one into consciousness.

Issei: I'm only going to ask this once, why did you attack the Belladonna family?

Faunus: because they betrayed the white fang and you crippled our leader!!

Issei: *sigh* ..... Care to know how he felt?

He shuddered. Issei took out Adam's sword and held it to his neck.

Issei: or would you rather feel what he did to other humans and faunus with this blade?

He turned pale and made the mistake of looking at Issei, he saw a dragon appear behind him for a second and he passed out.

Issei: weaklings.

Blake: Ilia.

Ilia:... .yes?

Blake: did you guys do this by choice or under orders?

Ilia:.... Both ..

Blake: explain! Who ordered you?

Ilia: it was ... Adam.. he got out with someone's help. I don't know whom.

Issei: I'm going to kill him this time and whoever helped him.

Blake: count me in too!

Issei: we need to keep your family safe.

Kali: we can handle ourselves kids.

Ghira: you two aren't the only ones who can fight. Ilia, do you regret your actions tonight?

Ilia: yes sir...

Kali: then you're gonna be our spy.

Ilia: ...... Alright....but.. what do I tell Adam?

Issei: Don't let them know that we're on to them, just that the attack failed. Do you know where he and his new associates are?

Ilia: no, they contact us. The white fang still sees him as their leader.

Blake: Issei, he managed to find us, he could find the others!

Issei: warn them. I'll tell Ozpin and the general.

Kali: you have their personal contact numbers?

Issei: yes. I owe them for helping us.

Blake sends a group message and everyone responds, they are on high alert. Issei sends a message to Ozpin and Ironwood.

Issei: Adam has escaped from prison with the help of some unknown Individuals.

Ozpin: we know, we have reason to believe Cinder, Emerald, Mercury and Neo are behind this.

Ironwood: we've noticed a few grimm here and there but they are acting differently, it's as if they are searching for something. Their numbers are increasing, other academies are reporting the same thing.

Issei: spying on the enemy. Salem is up to something.

Ozpin: James, look after Atlas. I need the students to meet up in Mistral. We go to Haven academy.

Issei: team JNPR is there. They recently heard of a grimm destroying villages and bandits in the area.

Ozpin: miss Rose and miss Xiao Long are on their way to meet them.

Ironwood: I'll send Weiss Schnee to Mistral. We also have suspicions that Cinder, Emerald, Mercury and Neo have found the spring maiden. Get to her first and convince her to help out if you encounter her.

Issei: thank you general, once we get the lamp, we'll come straight to Atlas. I'll hold up my end of our agreement.

Ironwood: thank you. Good luck.

Ozpin: I'm going to leave Glynda in charge of beacon. I'm going to help them James. I'm going to do my part.

Blake: the others are gearing up.

Issei: the general is sending Weiss like she's his number one assassin or something. Way to go Weiss.

Blake: *snickers* well she is pretty strong thanks to you and Ddraig.

Issei: we should get going too.

Blake: mom, dad. Call us if anything happens.

Ghira: we'll be alright. Go.

The two pack up their things and say farewell. A few days boat ride was uneventful until they received the message that Weiss is missing. During that time Yang and Pyrrah volunteer to go look for her, Ruby joins Jaune, Ren and Nora. They first went to her last known location, she's made it to Anima then she travelled from the Port to the nearest town. From there she went through a village and that's when she disappeared, the village was recently destroyed, half the people were dead including huntsmen, the others fled. Yang and Pyrrah got on Yang's motorcycle and rode off, the others went in another direction, Ren started to act differently and the others noticed but thought that he's visibly upset about Weiss who rivals an ace op suddenly disappearing, they went through a town and found it abandoned.

After Tyrian ran off, Jaune used his aura to heal Qrow, it turns on that only physical injuries can be healed, his semblance can only delay the effects of venom. Qrow needs medical attention, they used whatever they could from the village and made a stretcher. They carried Qrow and later found a sign that said.

<===Kuroyuri. Mistral===>

The path to Mistral goes through the hills, Kuroyuri is closer.

Jaune: we should check Kuroyuri and see if there's a doctor there.

Ren: no! I say we go to Mistral!

Ruby: Ren, uncle Qrow needs help.

Nora: guys stop! Ren and I will go uphill and see if we can find anyone who can help. If we don't we'll at least know where we are going. You two can check the village..

(Ruby: now even Nora is worried more than usual..... The air feels... different here...)

Jaune: good idea Nora. Be careful you two.

Ren hugs him.

Ren: likewise.

Ruby and Jaune carry Qrow to the village, they really wish Issei was here. Ren and Nora go uphill and find a large cave adjacent to the path. Ren and Nora are on high alert and enter the cave, they see a light at the end so it's more like a tunnel than a cave but as soon as they reach the end, Ren and Nora see arrows, spears, broken shields and other weapons, some old, some new. Ren then notices all the birds fly away and sees the trees move but can't see what's making them move. He looks at the littered weapons in the cave next to large hoof prints and a drag mark on each side in the dirt. His eyes widen and Nora is visibly scared. The thing is moving towards the town. It's close.

Nora:... Ren...

Ren: ....no.no...no... we have to warn the others!

They jump off the edge and sprinted towards Jaune, Ruby and Qrow. The three reach down and see that it was destroyed years ago. Ruby gets a call from Nora.

Ruby: Nora did you find anything?

Nora: GUYS WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!!

Ruby: what?!

Jaune: ?!?

The call is disconnected. Suddenly there is no service out here.

Just then Ren and Nora come out of no where.

Jaune: what's going on?

Ren: we have to leave!

Ruby: Ren you're not making any sense.

They felt a tremor. Ren fell on to his knees.

Ren: it's too late... it's here.

After killing the grimm, Ren felt peace and told his friends that this grimm killed everyone in his village including his parents. He and Nora survived when he unlocked his semblance. They later reached Mistral and got Qrow to a doctor, they got a message from Issei and Blake that they aren't too far away. Yang and Pyrrah rode on her bike and stopped by at a bar. They enter and order water, a guy tried to hit on both of them but Yang just punched him right out the door as any huntress would. The bartender gave them free non-alcoholic drinks as a thank you. He tells them that he's a bandit, he's part of a large group that is far more dangerous than most, they recently robbed a hospital and took a few things. Yang quickly realized that it had to her mother and her tribe but why the medical supplies?

Pyrrah: Yang your eyes just turned red. Something you want to talk about?

Yang: Pyrrah... We're going to make a quick stop. Be ready for anything.

She nodded. They go outside and see that the bandit stand up while rubbing his nose, it was bleeding.

Bandit: you'll pay for this! Do you know who I am? Who my boss is?!

Yang grabs him by the balls and squeezes them.

Bandit: yyyeeaaaaaaouch. Let go you...

Yang: if you say anything other than what I want to hear, I'll tear your nuts off! Got it?

Bandit: y...yes.

Yang: good. Where's your tribe?

Bandit: two miles south from here...please let go?

Yang let's go and pretend punches him, he flinched.

Yang: you're gonna come with us. Any funny business then you're dead.

(Bandit: he..hehe ...this bimbo seriously thinks she'll live after what she just did.... I'll humour her.)

Bandit: alright alright... I'll take you two there.

Pyrrah sees vines in the trees and uses them to tie him up. They disarm him of his handgun and put him on the bike. He shows them the way and in a matter of minutes they arrive at a clearing.

Bandit: this is it.

Pyrrah: there's nothing here.

Bandit: it's called camouflage sweetheart.. OUCH!

Pyrrah puts her javelin on his crotch and nearly stabs him, Yang is proud of Pyrrah and now worries for Jaune's one eyed snake.

Pyrrah: what are you trying to pull?!

(Yang: vomit boy if you upset her then you and your future kids pay the price. Haha).

Bandit: nothing! I'm not trying to do anything WRONG!

He jumped off the bike and a small blade came flying towards him, it cut the vines and he landed safely, the blade narrowly missed hitting Yang and Pyrrah. A dozen bandits came out of hiding and wielding basic weapons.

Bandit: you're screwed now bitches! Hahaha

Yang and Pyrrah look at each other with a deadpan expression.

30 seconds later.

All but the first bandit are down for the count.

Yang: a baby nevermore is a better warm up.

Pyrrah: I agree. So who's screwed now bitch?

The bandit is now terrified, Yang pummeled him into submission which took 3 seconds. He limped towards the camp with the two right behind him. They made it to the camp in a minute and as soon as they did the bandits caught sight of them. Seeing one of their own injured made them grab their weapons and let out battle cries. Yang and Pyrrah ready their weapons, two bandits throw a few blades at them, Pyrrah used her polarity semblance to send the blades back at them, they grazed the bandits and she sent the blades towards the others. Yang used close combat to take them down one by one. Pyrrah kept half of them occupied by using their own melee weapons against them by simply waving her fingers.

Bandit: you won't get our ticket to untold riches!

Yang: any idea what he's talking about?

Pyrrah: nope, let's ask him.

She created a small fire ball and made it fly around the camp in a random pattern, the bandits looked for cover but couldn't risk taking their eyes off the fire ball, they barely dodged it. Some of the tents caught fire.

???: ENOUGH!

Yang and Pyrrah looked towards the woman who yelled. She's wearing a grimm helmet.

??: ....well well well... I'm surprised to see you here Yang.

Pyrrah: you know her?

Yang: ....... She's my biological mother.. Raven Branwen.

Pyrrah: she's Qrow's sister?

Raven takes of her helmet.

Raven: .....Yang.... So! After all this time you've finally decided to visit me.

Raven looked smug and spoke with a semi sarcastic and impressed tone.

Yang: ..you know that I've spent years looking for you.

Some of the bandits rushed to put out one of the fires and ignored the rest.

(Pyrrah: why is that tent so important? Weapons and ammo most likely.)

Raven: and you've found me. You stayed strong, determined and you've achieved your goal. Well done but did you and your friend have to be so rough with my men?

Yang: I simply wanted to talk, they started the fight.

Raven: well you certainly finished it.

Yang just looked at her.

Raven: .....right! You've proven yourself. You and your friend can stay the night and I'll answer any questions you might have. I'll even have the cooks whip up something for you.

Yang: that's not why we are here.

The bandits began to murmur.

Raven: what was that?!

Yang: I'm not here for you. Uncle Qrow and Ruby are somewhere in Mistral, he's hurt and I don't know where they are in Mistral. I lost contact but you can get us there.

Raven: and how do you expect me to do that? You can find me so redirect that drive and look for her.

Yang: simple, you can open a portal to Qrow. Dad told me how it works.

Raven: Tai...

Yang: once you bond with someone, your semblance allows you to create a portal leading right to them. You have one for dad, uncle Qrow and me. You can save my friend and I a lot of time.

Raven: *clap clap* I'm impressed, you got a lot of guts to march in here and demand such a favour from me. But if your sister really is with Qrow then she's a lost cause.

Yang: what's that supposed to mean?!

Raven: you don't want to get mixed up in all this Yang. Ozpin isn't the man you think he is and your uncle is a fool for trusting him. I would know cause I made the same mistake. Instead of getting wrapped up into something that too big for anyone, consider that you're already where you belong.

Yang: you can spout out whatever nonsense you want, I don't care but nothing will stop me from looking after my family.

Raven: hmp. Well aren't you stubborn?

Yang: One of the too few good things I inherited from you.

(Pyrrah: shots fired!)

Raven: come inside. Vernal, let me know if we have anymore surprises.

A woman with short hair nodded. The 3 enter her tent, Raven was enjoying tea which was now slightly colder.

Raven: so... What do you want to know?

Yang: *deep inhale*. Why are you and your bandits robbing hospitals now?

Raven: we're human too, we're not immune to illnesses.

Pyrrah: our friend is missing, what do you know about that?

Raven: you should know since it's your friend that's missing. You'll have better luck finding her than I. You've gotten stronger Yang but not smarter, your friend will be disappointed.

Yang: don't start talking shit!

Pyrrah: take it easy Yang.

Raven: listen to your friend Yang. They never met you down before.

Yang: *eyes turn red* you don't know the first thing about my teammates or about me! You were never there! You left us!

Pyrrah: Yang... Please. Weiss is still out there. Focus.

Yang: *sigh* I'm calm.

Pyrrah: miss Branwen... Who is Salem?

Raven dropped her tea cup, it broke on impact.

Yang: ??

Raven: how do you know that name?

Pyrrah: we're the one's asking questions here which you promised to answer.

Raven: ..... *Sigh* ... It seems Ozpin chose to share a small part of the truth but only to a select few. Yang, by the looks of it you don't know. Allow me to fill you in. Salem is the biggest threat to all of Remnant, anyone who fought her is dead. She can't be beaten, Ozpin dragged you into an unwinnable war. I did warn him but he chooses to stay by Ozpin's side.

Yang: we'll deal with it one step at a time. We're not as weak as you think.

Raven: speaking of not being weak, your friend the devil of beacon is very strong.

Pyrrah: how do you know about him?

Raven: just because I'm a bandit doesn't mean I don't know the latest news. He's strong enough to wipe an entire mountain of the map in an instant, not even the maidens are capable of doing that.

Pyrrah:....

Yang:...

Raven: so you do know about the maidens.

Yang: yeah. We know about them too.

Raven: then good luck finding the missing ones. Sit down and have some tea.

They hesitate.

Raven: relax, it's not poisoned. I'm drinking from the same batch. Once you two rest up I'll send you to Qrow.

They sit down, Pyrrah can't shake the feeling that the tent is hiding something important. As Raven was pouring, Pyrrah glanced at Yang you looked at her. Pyrrah darted her eyes in a certain direction and Yang nodded. In an instant Pyrrah used wind magic to shoot out of the room, Raven shielded her face and before she even realized what happened, Pyrrah and Yang are outside and check out the tent.

Raven: ..oh no.

Pyrrah and Yang run into the tent before the bandits could stop her, they see Weiss strapped to a bed with diluted tranquilizer being injected into her via IV bag. She's unconscious as long as the drug is in her system.

Yang: WEISS!

Raven ran out of her tent and see Yang step out with her semblance activated. Pyrrah removes the needle from Weiss's arm.

Pyrrah: wake up Weiss!!

Weiss: *groans*.

Raven: calm down Yang!

Yang: YOU KIDNAPPED MY FRIEND!!

Pyrrah: Yang! We need to get Weiss out of here!

She looked back at her friends and then back to her mother, she can handle the tribe but her too? She knows that she's dangerous and if Pyrrah helps out then the bandits can take Weiss away. She's considering asking Pyrrah to go all out but Weiss could get caught in the cross fire.

Raven: Yang! I'll make you a deal. I'll let you three go in exchange for your devil friend. He joins us and I'll send you to Qrow.... I promised to save you once but I didn't say that I won't hurt you if you hurt my tribe.

Yang: GGGRRRRR!!

Pyrrah: Yang calm down! She wants you to get angry.

Raven: you should listen to the half maiden.

Yang and Pyrrah look at her in shock.

Pyrrah: you knew?

Raven: I can tell the difference between fire dust and maiden fire power. I told you that I know about a lot of things. Clearly you didn't listen. I'll give you 1 minute to think about it. Fight us, if you last for 5 minutes without your auras breaking then I'll let you take the Schnee back and send you to the others. If not then you join us and I'll tell you everything.

Pyrrah: Yang get over here. We need to be smart about this.

She goes to her. They enter the tent. Pyrrah texts Issei and Blake their location. After a minute has passed, Raven spoke up.

Raven: so what will it be? Fight or join?

Pyrrah: we've thought about it.... We're out matched and out numbered because you're going to fight if we do.

Raven: smart girl after all. You're right about that.

Pyrrah: let us call him...

Raven: alright.

Pyrrah calls him, they are stalling for time so Weiss can wake up.

Pyrrah: hey Issei... There's someone who wants to talk to you....... Yeah...what?..... Oh okay.

End call

Raven: well?

Pyrrah: he's on his way.

She backed up and creates a stone wall.

Raven: so you chose to hide.... disappointing. Attack!

They start charging towards them when suddenly a figure from above dives straight down and lands on the ground with enough force to send a small shockwave and a dirt flying into the air, the bandits are sent tumbling backwards, they don't see his face but they do see his wings and two swords.

Yang & Pyrrah: Issei!

Issei: Pyrrah, Yang, it's been Xiao long. You two okay?

They nod.

Issei: good. Leave this to me.

Blake appeared in the tent.

Blake: let's wake her up.

Yang: Blake!

Blake: not so loud. They'll know I'm here. I'll wake her up. Stay on guard.

Yang nods. Blake looks around the medical supplies and finds a syringe full of adrenaline.

Blake: sorry about this Weiss.

She puts the needle in her arm and slowly injects it, little by little she's starting to gain consciousness.

Issei: so your Qrow's sister. Raven Branwen.

Raven: what did he tell you about me?

Issei: not much but you're the Raven that's been watching us. It wasn't Qrow watching us cause he was sitting next to us.... Heh both you and Qrow can turn into a Raven and crow respectively. Are the names sheer coincidence or did you two pick them yourselves?

Raven: you can connect the dots. Well done. You'll be an excellent addition to my tribe.

Issei: oh you're one of those types. You're REALLY underestimating me.

Raven: I know you're strong but you can't go all out with your friends here.

Issei: I know, which is why they'll be joining the fight.

Yang and Pyrrah come forward.

Yang: as angry as I am towards her Issei... She's still my biological mother..

Issei: alright... I won't hurt her...much.

Blake: you guys are in trouble now. Hahaah

The tribe now starts to laugh. Then Weiss walks out weakly.

Weiss: where...am.. I?

Issei: you were kidnapped.

Weiss:....oh.

Issei: new deal miss Branwen. If YOU last for five minutes then I'll owe you any one favour. If not then you do us a favour.

Raven: you're strong kid but you're not fighting the white fang, grimm or robots. You're fighting me.

Issei: an army of those 3 weren't a challenge. I really hope you live up to the hype. You three make sure Weiss stays awake and the bandits don't get to any of you.

They nod.

Raven: don't be so cocky brat.

Issei: I'm not you.

Raven took out her red katana.
Issei took out his and promoted to knight. They begin to clash. Weiss is slowly becoming more and more aware of her surroundings, she can't tell if the sound of metal clashing is her mind playing tricks on her or if it's actually happening. She looks around and sees Issei fighting a woman.

Weiss: so...this isn't a dream...

Yang: nope.

Weiss: where.. are the others?

Blake: they might be in Mistral, we'll know once the fight ends.

Weiss: .........eh?

Issei is holding his own against Raven without even breaking a sweat, Raven on the other hand notices that Issei is holding back.

Raven: are you holding back?

Issei: of course I am... aren't you?

Raven: get serious!

Issei: .... Okie dokie.

Boost boost boost

He appears infront of her, blade positioned to strike her down, she raised her sword to defend, if she didn't then her aura would be broken. Issei struck her blade and broke it, she jumped back and looked at her broken sword, now only the hilt remained.

Raven: that was my favourite sword...

Issei: hey you told me to get serious. You still have little over 4 minutes remaining.

Raven: don't just stand there! Attack!

Her tribe charged foolishly.

Issei: girls! Get down!

His 4 friends duck as Issei unleashed a few energy slashes, it hit them and they are down for good this time.

Raven: NO!!

Just then a red flame like energy comes out her eyes, just like Pyrrah's or Cinder's when they use the maiden powers.

Issei: you're one of the maidens... welp now we know what that favour will be.

She created an ice sword and flew towards him, Issei shattered it via energy slash. She was stronger but not enough to beat him or even wound him. She raised her arm and froze Issei's legs. He couldn't move. She flew towards him with the intent to kill. She created a ring of ice around herself.

Raven: I hope you enjoy getting impaled.

Issei: been there, done that. Not a fan of it.

Yang: what?

Weiss: ?

Pyrrah: !!

Blake: huh?

Issei disappeared and appears above Raven, he raised his sword and Raven created one, she blocked his strike at the cost of another shattered ice sword. Issei grabbed his other sword and went for her shoulder. It would have severally wounded her had she not have aura but she did take a hit. She manipulated the ice shards and sent them to attack Issei from behind, just when they got close to him, Raven smirked. He smirked back and disappeared from sight, the shards are now on a collision course with Raven, Issei appeared behind her, he out her in a head lock and a blade to her back, he promoted to rook and Raven couldn't get away. The shards hit her and drained her aura by more than 50%. Issei's sword pressing into her back was draining it 1% per second.

Raven created ice daggers in her hands and tried to stab Issei in the head, he moved his head away but got a small cut on his cheek, he kicked her behind the knee and made her lose balance, she dropped her daggers as Issei now held the blade to her neck, he grabbed both her arms and pinned her to ground.

Issei: I win.

Raven: like hell!!

She unleashed a burst of freezing air and pushed Issei off of her, she gets up and created dozens of swords made of ice.

Raven: the weak perish and the strong survive!

Issei: then you're only alive because Yang doesn't want me to hurt you.

Raven: !!!! I'LL KILL YOU!

She spun the swords so fast that she created a large freezing blender.

Issei: ....... Dragon shot!

He fires off a dragon shot and it hits her defences, the explosion sent her flying into the trees and broke her aura.

Issei: with 3 minutes to spare. You lose.

Raven: .... Kill me....

Yang: mom!

Issei: stop being so dramatic. Why would I kill you?

Raven: you beat me... You can lead the tribe... It's our tradition.

Issei: your tradition. Not mine. Look we don't have time for this. We have to go help the others.

Raven: why.... WHY TRY TO FIGHT SALEM? SHE CAN'T BE BEATEN! SHE'S AN IMMORTAL WITCH WHO KILLED EVERYONE WHO OPPOSED HER!

Issei: you don't need the relics or the gods to make her submit. You need a devil so here I am.

Raven: .... what the fuck are you talking about?

He walks closer to her, eyes glow green, wings already out and let's out a growl. The world around her disappeared as she saw a red creature appear behind him. It was huge.

Raven:...st..stay away!

She stood up and tried to run, as soon as she turned around Issei was alright infront of her.

Issei: don't even think about it.

She stumbled backwards.

Yang: Issei we need to go.

Issei: right. Open a portal and come with us.

Raven: what...why would I do that?

Issei: a good leader will do anything to protect her people. You do care for your tribe since you choose them over your own daughter.

Weiss: ouch... Hahaha

Yang and Pyrrah look at her, she's still woozy and let's out a giggle.

Issei: you're gonna help us get the relic in Mistral and help your daughter. You owe her that. You have power and you're gonna use it to do something good in your life.

Raven: ggrrrrr.....

He then whispers into her ear.

Issei: look... Just help Yang. Once we get the relics you're free to go back to your tribe. You didn't have to choose one over the other... You could have had both...

Issei: let's go. You can use my sword.

Raven: I have a spare but you'll have to wait for my aura to recover.

He boosts once and transfers his power to her, her aura recovered just enough to use her semblance only once.

(Raven: so many abilities... Are you really a devil?)

She takes out a sword from the metal sheath on her waist.

Raven: get ready.

Yang gets on her bike, Issei seats Weiss right behind her and Blake sits behind Weiss. She's still woozy so Blake is making sure she doesn't fall off. Pyrrah is ready for anything and acts as their vanguard. Issei is gonna make sure Raven does as she's told. She swings her sword and a portal appears.

Raven: there. Vernal look after everyone, I'll be back as soon as I can.

Vernal is still on the ground but gives her a thumbs up. The 6 of them go through the portal and appear in a balcony, Qrow is standing there with bandages around his lower ribs and a glass of whiskey on the rocks in one hand.

Qrow: ...... What the hell am I looking at?

Yang: long story. Heard you got hurt.

Qrow: I'm okay. Tyrian attacked us and tried to take Ruby but he failed after she cut off his tail.

Issei: I'd like to hear that story. Are the others okay?

Qrow: yeah. They're inside waiting for you lot.... Never expected to see you here Raven.

Blake: we have a few stories of our own.

Qrow: let's go inside.

Yang parks her bike somewhere safe. They go inside and they have a happy reunion, the tranquilizer is slowly leaving her system and is now more coherent. They catch up and share what they did and found. When Qrow heard that Issei made Raven submit...he downed a few shots of vodka in celebration. Raven got a little offended at that. Later she was on the balcony and so was Issei, he was watching her as he smoked a cigarette.

Raven:..... Got any more?

He takes out his pack and she takes one. She puts it in her mouth and touches the end with his lit cigarette, she inhaled and her's lit up.

Raven: thanks.

Issei: no problem. Sorry about your sword. It was a nice one.

Raven: ...... *Puffs out smoke*

Yang shows up.

Yang: mind if I join you?

Issei: by all means.

Yang: got one for me?

Raven: you're too young for that.

Yang: I turned 18 last month mom.

Issei coughs out smoke.

Issei: you what? Why didn't you say so? We could have celebrated together!

Yang: birthday parties are not my thing.

Raven: yet you would throw one for your sister every year.

Yang: how would you know that?

Raven looked away. Issei offered his cigarette, she took it and inhales then calms down. She then hands it back to him.

Issei: I'll be over there, you two need to talk.

He walks over to the other side and makes sure no one bothers the mother and daughter. He does take out his scroll and tells everyone about the party in a new group chat that yang isn't a part of. The others scrambled to get a cake, presents and food. Issei wanted to help but he had a job to do.

Raven: so.... Happy belated birthday.

Yang:....thanks..... Why did you leave?

Raven: it's complicated Yang.

Yang: then simplify it... I know about the maidens... Who is Salem?

Raven: the biggest threat to anything alive. She's a witch who can control grimm, create new types and make them evolve even. Her goal is to divide humanity, get the relics and destroy it. Every war and skirmish that happened throughout history...she played a hand in it....and Ozpin sent countless to their deaths by trying to win a war he has lost from the start.

Yang: ....what are the relics?

Raven: it seems they didn't tell you much.... The relics are 4 objects left by the brother gods. Alone they are dangerous, together... The wielder can summon the gods back for judgement or change all of Remnant in any way they see fit.... Tell me Yang. Where is Ozpin?

Yang: on his way.

Raven: your friend the fall maiden including your friend Issei knew of Salem, the maidens and the relics before the rest of you.

Yang: don't try to put doubt in my mind!

Raven: how can you trust them after they hid the truth?!

Yang: how can I trust you?! At least they are here when I need them. You just ran! You left dad and hurt him by doing so! You abandoned us! You know nothing about us or about me!

Raven: I'm your mother! I do know you!

Yang: THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO SAY GOODBYE?!!

Raven: ......

Yang: you didn't love us enough to stay.... The tribe raised you... You saw them as your family.... Qrow told me... You never should have married dad and had me when you were just going to leave.. *sniff*... Did you ever love any of us?

Raven immediately hugs Yang and she hugged back.

Raven: *sniff* I'm sorry... You're right... I was angry at Ozpin for lying... It was part of the reason it tore our team apart... Your dad doesn't know about Salem... I left for several reasons. *Sniff*. Ozpin lied to us, I felt like I was just a pawn.... I saw through his lies.. you and your father were innocent, I'm a bandit and have been since I was a child. I tried becoming a huntress and when I saw what we were really up against... I ran. It was an unwinnable war... Your father raised you, he later married Summer and had Ruby.. you four were a family. I didn't belong because fighting was all I knew. I tried being your mother but I was horrible at it. Summer was the perfect mother and wife...... You all settled, Qrow wanted to be a part of that but his bad luck semblance made him keep his distance, he stayed on the path of a huntsman and made sure your family along with others stayed safe.....

Yang: ...what happened to Summer?

Raven: *sniff* Ozpin sent her on a mission... I looked for her and found something no one should. I couldn't trust Ozpin because of how he used her.

Yang: what do you mean?

Raven: do you know why he let Ruby enter beacon earlier than others?

Yang: because she's skilled.

Raven: there's another reason. Her eyes.

Yang: what?

Raven: her mother had silver eyes and they have unique ability. To destroy grimm in an instant. Like the maiden powers, they don't require aura, only practice, they are fueled by emotions. Those with silver eyes are called silver eyes warriors, from the start they were the grimm's true weakness. Salem hunted them into near extinction...

Yang: ... Salem...killed Summer?

Raven: ...worse... I still have nightmares because of it. That's why I told you to stay away from Ozpin. All the academies headmasters know about Salem, the maidens and the relics. The academies are like fortresses, protecting each relic with an army of trained warriors.

Yang: but why distrust Ozpin more than anyone else?

Raven: it feels like a personal mission for him, as to why .. I don't know. Maybe once we get the relic of knowledge.. we can find out.

Yang: .....

Raven: I know you might not have believed everything I told you but the relic can confirm what I told you.

Yang: thanks....mom..

Raven: I owe you some answers....

Yang: same for uncle Qrow and dad...

Raven:... Yeah.... In time.

Yang gets a message in the group chat.

Yang: everyone brought dinner... Want to join us?

Raven: *sigh* ...sure.

They have a genuine hug, Issei smiled with pride. They go inside the hotel room and have dinner together. Their weapons weren't an issue because huntsmen and huntresses, official or in training are allowed to keep them in public. Raven choose to honour the bet she made with Issei, she lost so now she owes him a favour which he's cashing in...also bonding with Yang may be another reason seeing how Yang just wants her mother to stick around this time. Just when dinner ended, Ruby and the others brought out cake and presents. Yang looked at Issei who was smirking.

Yang: you planned this as soon as I told you.

Issei: yup!

Yang: thank you ..all of you.

Raven opened a portal to Tai and he joined them along with Zwei when Ruby called him about Raven. It was a good time, Raven, Qrow and Tai shared a few drinks like the old days. Three out of four members of team STRQ having fun. Yang just misses her adoptive mother, Summer Rose. As the night went on, Tai went back to Patch, Raven and Qrow didn't tell him why they are in Mistral but uses the party as a cover story. Weiss already misses Zwei, Blake does too. While they were having fun, Issei went inside and Yang followed without anyone knowing.

Yang: hey!

Issei: yeah?

She kissed him on his cheek, it was a quick one but real too.

Yang: consider that as a thank you for helping out with everything.

Issei: yeah no problem but it's not like I did it by myself. Everyone did their part.

Issei didn't blush and thought that Yang kissed him because she's just really happy. He did experience that with Rias, Akeno, Asia and most likely the others.

Yang: yeah. I should thank them too.

Issei: piece of advice, don't go around kissing everyone, Pyrrah and Nora would kill you if you touched their men and Qrow would kill those guys since he's so protective of you and Ruby.

Yang: ...yeah... you're probably right. Hahahaha.

Issei: go enjoy your party, I'm gonna get some rest. Ozpin said to meet him at Haven academy tomorrow.

Issei sat down and played some music. Yang recognized the song, it's one he played many times before. She sat down next to him and she wanted to sing along.

Yang: want to sing this with me?

Issei: sure thing birthday girl.

Their singing attracted the others attention. Ruby started recording on her scroll, Raven had to hold her brother back from ruining her daughters happy moment.

Raven: she's just singing along Qrow. Let her have some fun.

Qrow: ...fine. I suppose the dragon can sing along with the devil just this once.

Later Issei and Yang spent all their energy and fell asleep on the couch. Everyone else went to bed. Issei started to toss and turn in his sleep and Yang woke up.

Divide.

Issei stopped moving and Yang knows that voice.

Yang: psst.. Ddraig. Why do you say "divide" every now and then?

The gem of the boosted gear glowed.

Ddraig: I'm keeping his emotions in check. He has nightmares.

Yang: why and for how long?

Ddraig: for well over a year... He went through a lot. He was hurt in every sense of the word.

Yang: what happened?

Ddraig: it's not my place to say Yang. Sorry.

Yang: it's okay... We're here for him if he ever wants to talk.

Ddraig: understood. Get some rest.

Yang: goodnight Ddraig.

Ddraig: good night Yang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 43 16
(I don't own anything. RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and all art work belongs to their respective owners)
4.3K 88 17
A/N: so this is my take putting my own spin on making a RWBY x male reader They say life's all about a few moments, and in those few moments actions...
26.6K 237 19
come into the world of Rwby by following the tale of Jaune Arc. A failure, a saivor, a gaurdian, and student. I OWN NOTHING. nor am i getting any m...
2.1K 37 13
A book to hold some of the book ideas that I might or might not do.